Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

dreams only last for a night (bean)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
pinkgirl
Experienced Poster
pinkgirl

dreams only last for a night (bean) Empty
PostSubject: dreams only last for a night (bean)   dreams only last for a night (bean) I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 9:45 pm

I am a fire gasoline
come pour yourself all over me

Kat didn't usually go out into the cabin courtyard at night just to smoke a cigarette. She would usually just go off campus so Chiron wouldn't catch her, but it was in the middle of the day. It was the middle of the night. She couldn't sleep at all tonight. Lately, she had been getting a lot of dreams about her and her mom. Sometimes they were the good things they did together, but sometimes it was when she killed her. She felt like ripping her hair out. Why did she have to kill her own mother? It isn't your fault. You had no choice, but to kill her, She thought. The words were just echoing in her head. I had to kill my own mother. She stopped walking. She put her hands on her knees and looked around. Tears started coming down her cheeks. They came down slow this time, unlike the other times when she was crying so much she could barely see. Those tears came when she got the dreams about her mom. She would wake up screaming and crying and her brothers and sisters would have to calm her down. She just hated the fact she had no one to comfort her. She killed her step-dad and her mom. She did have brothers and sisters, but they didn't talk to her much. She didn't have many friends, she mostly chose machines over people. Kat just loved machines how they couldn't judge her for who she was and what she did. That just left her dad, Hephasteus. She knew he would never come to comfort her.

Kat just shook her head to get rid of the thoughts and wiped the tears with her wrist. She had come here in the first place to smoke her cigarette not think about what she did. She continued walking to a bench and sat down on it. Kat shivered in the cold and hugged herself to keep warm. She didn't bring a coat of course because Kat just liked the cold feeling. She had on her 28 t-shirt with a pair of plain jeans and a good pair of Converse. She had done her hair differently putting it in a braid and then a bun. Her mother's dog tags hung at her neck. Kat looked around first to make sure no one was here so she could light her cigarette. She took out the pack and pulled one out. She put it back into her jean pockets and then pulled out her lighter. She lit the cigarette and inhaled the smoke. She put the lighter back in her pocket and breathed out the smoke out of her mouth. The smoke came out in a puff right next to her mouth. She looked around and saw a kid staring at her. "I swear on the River Styx, if you rat me out, I'll make sure you never see the daylight ever again." She threatened and continued smoking her cigarette.

Katerina Mira White
ooc;; nothing
outfit;; [ here ]
coded by sapphire
Back to top Go down
http://btvsrole-play.forumshome.com/
Beanie
If you can't have Scott McCall, why bother?
Beanie

PostSubject: Re: dreams only last for a night (bean)   dreams only last for a night (bean) I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 12:13 am

dreams only last for a night (bean) Tumblr_lpyd1yESVB1qhb15io1_500

Skyler,

Gods was it late. Unfortunately, Skyler was an insomniac. And it was always late. So he just shook off his bad dreams about his father still being alive and headed outside. The darkness enveloped the world, making the shadows deeper and the ghosts of nightmares more frequent visitors. Skyler was beginning to doubt himself. He followed his feet as he contemplated why he was such a freaking insomniac. Skyler hated that word. It sounds far too much like maniac, something that the boy thought was the worst kind of insult. Of course, Skyler was kind of a maniac in his own way. He was far from stupid and Skyler knew that he was considered autistic. Marked for an idiot that was going no where, Skyler had always been left to rot. But Skyler, in his own little world, allowed himself to expand without others. As soon as he had been marked as different, his family hated him. His old sister and parents ignored him. In return he ignored everyone else. Skyler’s family shook him out of his daydream. His father was dead, there was no denying it.

But was he really? Skyler was continuously haunted by this prospect. He could not bear the thought that Skyler had been riding off of a lie. He only had himself to trust - and when he could not trust himself, who was there to trust? Skyler was a loner. While actually pretty social, Skyler could not maintain relationships. He had learned that he was the only person who could not let himself down - except Skyler had yet to find out that this was not true.

Skyler had been following his feet, and they lead him the Cabin Courtyard, where a puff of smoke and a glowing light gave away a person’s presence. Rolling his bleary eyes, Skyler took a seat on the bench next to the person. ”I seriously doubt that.” He gave the girl, who Skyler could now slightly see through the shadows given off by the lights from the cabins, a shake of his head. ”I’m not a tattler.” Skyler had so little respect for authority that he would never tattle on anyone, even if they were doing something really bad. Noticing the girl’s fancy outfit, Skyler looked down at his own, feeling a little strange. He was only wearing a see through tee shirt and checkered pajama pants that barely made it past his ankles. Skyler wore no shoes, despite the penetrating cold that never seemed to bother him. ”If you had told me that we were going to a party, I would have dressed accordingly.” Skyler tried to make a joke, but he just wasn’t actually that funny.
Back to top Go down
pinkgirl
Experienced Poster
pinkgirl

PostSubject: Re: dreams only last for a night (bean)   dreams only last for a night (bean) I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 8:25 pm

I am a fire gasoline

Kat smiled at the boy when he said he wasn't a tattler. "Hopefully the harpies won't eat us." She said bringing the cigarette to her mouth. She sucked in the smoke, wanting to try to give up smoking again. She shrugged to herself. She had tried many times, but it never really worked. She wondered how others got rid of their smoking problem. She did however remember when she first started smoking. She was at a party with her friends and she had tried it. She had actually thought it was fun. She still thought it was fun though. She just couldn't help herself.

Kat smiled at the boy again when he made his joke. "Yeah well I wouldn't wanna be eaten alive by a harpy in my pj's." She said looking at the boy's clothes. She brought the cigarette back to her mouth, continuing smoking it. She heard a rustle in the leaves. She looked behind her and sighed. "Looks like the party just got started." She muttered to herself. Kat didn't feel like getting into more trouble with Chiron. She always got in trouble for smoking and going out after curfew. She would be in more trouble if he found out she was smoking and out after curfew at the same time. She quickly crushed her cigarette in her hand and threw it on the ground. She looked at the boy. "I'm Katarina. You can call me anything really." She said and shrugged. Kat especially hated being called by her actual name because she thought it just sounded like a daughter of Aphrodite name. Kat was not at all like a daughter of Aphrodite, she was more like a daughter of Hermes. "Daughter of Hephasteus. The man that never cares about his kids. Doesn't give them call or anything. But I'll fix anything for you if you'd like. Or build. It's not like I got anything else better to do." She said and sighed again. She didn't mean to sound ungrateful, but she was starting to get bored of camp. That's why she was mostly off campus most of the time. She loved to explore the city by herself.

Katerina Mira White
ooc;; nothing
outfit;; [ here ]
coded by sapphire
Back to top Go down
Beanie
Beanie

PostSubject: Re: dreams only last for a night (bean)   dreams only last for a night (bean) I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 1:10 am

dreams only last for a night (bean) Tumblr_lpyd1yESVB1qhb15io1_500

Skyler,

Skyler looked at the ground while the girl had her smoke. He didn’t like smoking; the entirety of it made him want to choke. He had tried smoking once. Everyone else was doing it, so why shouldn’t he? Of course that had turned out badly and Skyler vowed to never smoke again. He hated the feeling of his lungs taking in the smoke that would lead to his downfall. But he only got one life and he should live it to the fullest (a motto that contradicted what he was about to do). After several seconds of silence, Skyler turned to the girl. ”Could I have one?” He asked.

”They can’t eat us if they can’t outrun us.” Skyler gave a sly grin. He was not caught by the harpies often, but when he was, he just ran off campus. Skyler was a good runner and he had only actually gotten in trouble once or twice, but that was by Chiron and he had been put on dish duty (which he had never actually done). He knew that it was probably better to run to his cabin, but Skyler liked running and he liked fear. Plus, once he was out of camp, he could do anything until the sun rose. Skyler, noticing the girl looking at his ragged tee shirt, also looked down self-consciously. It was thin and fraying at the bottoms and a rip in the shoulder revealed Skyler’s pale skin. His family could never afford new clothing and Skyler found himself with less than optimal fashion choices. ”At least I’ll go down in style.” Skyler gave a small smile. He considered himself the epitome of humor.

”It’s very nice to meet you Katarina of Hephaestus.” Skyler said. ”I’m Skyler. And my mum is Nike.” Skyler still pronounced some words with an English accent, even though he had been young when he moved from Great Britain. Skyler was proud of Nike. He considered himself lucky: a lot of his good traits he got from Nike. That was mostly because Skyler considered his father a worthless nobody. As one of the goddess’ only children, Skyler never felt ashamed or ignored by his mother. She went about her business and he went about his. They did not interact much.
Back to top Go down
pinkgirl
Experienced Poster
pinkgirl

PostSubject: Re: dreams only last for a night (bean)   dreams only last for a night (bean) I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 9:48 pm

I am a fire gasoline

Kat smiled at the boy and took out her pack of cigarettes. She threw it at the boy. "You can keep the pack if you want. I got more in my cabin." She said and shrugged. She took out the lighter and threw that at the boy also. "Yeah I guess." She shrugged. Kat wasn't really a fast runner. She wasn't good at sports at all. She was only good at volleyball and surfing, but they didn't really count as sports. The rest of the sports, she was terrible at. Baseball, she couldn't hit the ball. Soccer, she couldn't be the goalie and wasn't very good at kicking. Basketball, she could barely make a basket. She sighed. The only other thing she was good at was writing, reading and building. Especially building. That was the thing she loved the most and cared about. It just gave her something to do and always had a love for it. She liked the hum machines made or the way they just worked. That's all she wanted to do when she grew up though, build. She liked to fix up old cars, so when she was older she wanted to start her own car repair and auto body shop. She had always wanted to do and that's just what she wanted to do for the rest of her life. She smiled at that thought. She smiled at boy again when he made his joke.

Kat flinched when the boy called her by her real name. Anger started bubbling inside of her. He called me by my real name, She thought harshly. Just ignore it, he didn't mean it. You didn't tell him you hated being called by your first name. Kat closed her eyes and took a deep breath. Don't strangle him, this could be your only chance to make a friend. She opened her eyes and smiled sweetly at the boy, trying to keep her cool. "Nice to meet you Skyler." She looked down at the ground, still trying to forget him calling her Katarina. She just hated that name. She didn't like they way it sounded. She didn't even like being called Kat. She also hated her middle name, Mira. It just sounded so, girly. So she was either called by her last name, White or her Kat. Those were the only names she wanted to be called by. "How did you get here?" She asked thinking about her own past.

Katerina Mira White
ooc;; nothing
outfit;; [ here ]
coded by sapphire
Back to top Go down
Beanie
Beanie

PostSubject: Re: dreams only last for a night (bean)   dreams only last for a night (bean) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 9:00 pm

dreams only last for a night (bean) Tumblr_lyzqu9wJaJ1r6ckfn

Skyler,

Catching the pack of cigarettes in one hand, Skyler looked at the girl, surprised. Cigarettes were expensive and a whole pack was worth much more than Skyler’s pocket money. Skyler could vaguely remember his father smoking when he was a little kid on the rare occasion that they had enough money to afford cigarettes. His older sister would always open the windows: she hated the smell as much as Skyler did. That was one thing they could agree on. But his sister was dead and there was no changing that, so why did it matter? Why should Skyler bother thinking about people who were gone?

His face stayed the same as he thought about his family. Skyler was never sad about them. They were gone and that meant that they were gone. What was there to be sad about? Skyler had never really needed them anyway. But then Skyler sighed and breathed in another breath of smoke as he remembered his little sister. Blythe, he believed her name to be. She was one year younger and the sweetest person he had ever known. But they had lived in separate worlds and Skyler was never very close to any of them. Like it mattered now.

The girl’s face started to distort in anger, but if Skyler registered it he did not show it on his face. Even if he had realized that the girl was mad, Skyler would never figure out he was the one who made her upset. In fact, his face barely changed. Skyler could not see that Katarina was feeling anything at all. All he registered was her words and her smile (fake of course, but Skyler couldnt’ve cared less).

Skyler was a little taken aback by her question, but he answered it nevertheless. He wasn’t scared of his past - well that’s what he liked to think. ”My family was killed by monsters so I er... A satyr took me here. I think.” Skyler could not remember. He had had multiple dreams about this and he couldn’t remember what was true. He didn’t want to remember either.

But something made him think that his family was still alive.
Back to top Go down
pinkgirl
Experienced Poster
pinkgirl

PostSubject: Re: dreams only last for a night (bean)   dreams only last for a night (bean) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2013 9:42 pm

I am a fire gasoline

"I'm sorry?"She said. Kat wasn't sure of what to say. She didn't want to say sorry because he had probably heard that a thousand times. She wasn't going to say thing will get better because people have probably said that to. Kat knew what and what not to say considering her own mom had died. She sighed. "I can relate to that actually. Except a hellhound didn't kill my mom. I sorta maybe just shot her myself?" She said. Kat had never told anyone I repeat anyone about this. She was always scared they would run away and tell the cops or think that she was going to shoot them also. Kat looked at her wrists and shivered. She still remembered the feeling of the belt.

"So um would you mind not running away? If you do though just don't scream." She said and sighed. She probably would've ran away if she got the chance to. She didn't blame him. She hoped he didn't though. In the past, Kat only had a few select friends. She liked them of course, but eventually she came here and had to make new friends. Instead of making friends, she mostly just built. She found machines better friends then people. They wouldn't run away from you when you told them you shot your mom straight through the heart. They only hummed. That hum was her favorite sound. It made her fall asleep and calm down when she got mad at times. She just loved the hum, not knowing what it was saying. However, she knew it wouldn't run away screaming.

Katerina Mira White
ooc;; nothing
outfit;; [ here ]
coded by sapphire

ooc- Kat is going to have a boyfriend yep. She's dibbed.
Back to top Go down
Beanie
Beanie

PostSubject: Re: dreams only last for a night (bean)   dreams only last for a night (bean) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 11:00 pm

Skyler,

Skyler could hear Kat's hesitation as she apologized about his family. He was surprised and almost taken aback at the fault in her voice. No one had ever seemed to realize that sorry wasn't some magic bandaid that could heal all of Skyler's wounds. But he still smiled. "It's fine." He said, a hint of sarcasm rolled off his tongue along with his words, spoken in a barely detectable British accent. He had lived in America too long to have his original accent, but it was still there, even if only slightly. "They didn't like me all that much anyways." Skyler's tone was half humorous and half something else - bitter, perhaps.

Skyler almost smiled when she said that she murdered her own mother. The company he had here at this camp full of psychopaths. His face returned to it's placid state when she asked him not to run away. "I wasn't planning on it." He said, the humor having disappeared from his voice. Skyler took another drag of his cigarette. The disgusting smoke he was ingesting burned his throat and lungs and Skyler almost choked, but he ignored it. This was just like underaged drinking, he guessed. Anything to wash the pain away.

~short post, sorry. total lack of muse~
Back to top Go down
pinkgirl
Experienced Poster
pinkgirl

PostSubject: Re: dreams only last for a night (bean)   dreams only last for a night (bean) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 2:58 pm

I am a fire gasoline

Kat shrugged. "It's the same for me actually. They didn't like me either, but they did something worse then just ignore me." She said and sighed. She still remembered the feeling and the sound of the belt being pulled out. She shivered. She hated that feeling of the belt hitting her skin. She still had the scars on her wrist and on her back. Kat looked back at Skyler hen he said he wasn't going to run away. "R-really?" She stuttered, surprised. Most people would just run. For once there was someone who didn't. She smiled at him. It felt nice to have a friend who didn't acre if you killed you're mother. "Thank you thank you thank you!" She said and hugged him. For once she was glad she had gone out for a smoke.

Kat brought her cigarette back to her mouth to continue smoking it. She had still remembered the first time she started smoking. She wasn't proud of it, but she still liked to remember the day she signed herself up for lung cancer. It was a high school party. She still remembered the party clearly in her head. They had offered alcohol or cigarettes. She chose the cigarettes. She thought they were better then alcohol. She thought wrong. She sighed. "How did you start smoking?" She asked, smoking her cigarette.

Katerina Mira White
ooc;; nothing
outfit;; [ here ]
coded by sapphire
Back to top Go down
Beanie
Beanie

PostSubject: Re: dreams only last for a night (bean)   dreams only last for a night (bean) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 5:46 pm

Skyler,

Skyler, noticing the scar’s on Kat’s wrists, didn’t look at her. Instead he sat and looked at his bare feet. They were rather dirty for someone who had taken a shower less than 30 minutes ago and much too large. Eleanor always complained about his feet growing - they would tear through new shoes in months and before long Isabelle was wearing his hand-me downs instead of him wearing hers (Skyler had been extremely thankful this wasn’t the case - Isabelle was what he would consider a girly-girly). His family tried to pretend they loved him, but he knew that they didn’t really care. ”It’s hard to take care of an autistic boy when you live in the projects and there is barely enough money for clothes and food.” He said, trying to make a joke (but it was not that funny and there was little humor in his voice).

Skyler shrugged when the girl looked surprised that he didn’t run away. ”No problem.. I guess?” Skyler said uncertainly. He squirmed when Kat hugged him. It had been a long time since he had any close human contact. Come to think of it, Skyler couldn’t remember the last person or time someone had hugged him. ”Just now.” Skyler said, shrugging. He took another breath of smoke into his lungs. It burned in his chest, but Skyler didn’t really care.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: dreams only last for a night (bean)   dreams only last for a night (bean) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

dreams only last for a night (bean)
Page 1 of 1