Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

seeing little ghosts everywhere (rach)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Remplissage
Golden Oldie
Remplissage

seeing little ghosts everywhere (rach)  Empty
PostSubject: seeing little ghosts everywhere (rach)    seeing little ghosts everywhere (rach)  I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 12:21 am

adam dunlap
son of hades

____"We were born too soon to explore the cosmos and too late to explore the earth. Our frontier is the human mind."
____Adam pondered this for a moment, letting his feet dangle from the thickest branch of an old oak tree. Repeating the words aloud, he bit his lip and flipped the page. In his hands lay a copy of some philosophical thinking novel, some nonfiction ramble meant to confuse you. He thought about the question to himself; would he rather be born early, so that he could explore the earth, in the times before we knew what lay across that vast expanse of water?
____Or would he rather be born in the here and now, so that he could venture into space, and find what lay beyond the stars? He scoffed, and closed the book. Did that kind of hypothetical thinking even apply to him?
____Of course, today was a good day. To the son of Hades, at least. He was at ease with the world. Laying back so that the wooden expanse sat between his legs, he rested his back against the trunk, sitting the book on his lap. Every day at camp was a good, no; GREAT day. The thought that he used to despise this sanctuary made him laugh. And the idea that he would never be safe (even at nineteen years old) without these protective walls brought him back to a low.
____It was in this emotional slump that the boy didn't even notice his sliding; the sliding of him right off the branch and tumbling down to the ground. After crashing noisily through the few leaves and branches below him, he smacked against the dirty, hard ground with a cry.

Last edited by Remplissage on Wed May 15, 2013 11:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RachieFizzy!
RachieFizzy!

PostSubject: Re: seeing little ghosts everywhere (rach)    seeing little ghosts everywhere (rach)  I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 12:42 am

rachel botswick

daughter of zeus

Rachel walked in the forest, simply singing and humming to herself. It's been a while since she's taken some time off for herself. But now that she had, she had no idea what she could do. She walked and walked, until she saw a figure fall from a tree, hearing a clear thud. She scurried over to the figure, only to reveal her friend, Adam. She chuckled. "Let me guess, you were just 'hanging around'?" she giggled, picking him up off the ground.

She hadn't seen or talked to Adam in a while, she supposed life got in the way. It was good to see him now, though. She missed him, he was one of her closest friends. She crossed her arms, smirking. "You're never usually out here, what were you doing, anyway?" she asked, spotting a book that had fallen not too far where Adam had landed. She picked it up, studying the cover. "What's this?"
Back to top Go down
Remplissage
Golden Oldie
Remplissage

PostSubject: Re: seeing little ghosts everywhere (rach)    seeing little ghosts everywhere (rach)  I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 1:15 am

adam dunlap
son of hades

____Adam grinned at the girl, brushing himself off and snatching the book from her hands. "It's a philosophy book," he stated, and raised an eyebrow at Rachel. "I guess I could say the same for you. I've never seen you in the woods either." He smiled, and thought about how long it'd been since they'd last talked to each other. Of course, Adam has left camp for about a year. "If you must know, I was up there about to take a nap. What else would I be doing?" He smirked with a mischievous glint in his eyes.

____"So, what have you been up to lately?" He brushed a bit of dirt from his book, and haphazardly slid it into his pocket. He looked the girl over, fixing his hair in the process. She had definitely changed from the last time they had talked; though, he guessed, so had he.

Back to top Go down
RachieFizzy!
RachieFizzy!

PostSubject: Re: seeing little ghosts everywhere (rach)    seeing little ghosts everywhere (rach)  I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 1:31 am

rachel botswick

daughter of zeus

Rachel laughed aloud to herself. "Haha, I suppose you have me there. I've been trapped in my cabin lately, I've had... A lot going on.." she sighed, her expression somewhat darkening at the end of the statement. She perked up a bit and tilted her head. "Philosophy? Trying to figure out some things, I assume? Life's unanswerable questions." she stated, a smile forming. "Only you would try to nap in a tree, silly boy." she added, pushing him playfully.

Her expression darkened once more toward his question. Her arms slowly unfolded as her hand found its way to her upper arm, resting. "Just trying to find myself again, I've lost who I am and what I've stood for. I've had some trouble along the way, but I'm beginning to recover." she explained. She studied her friend, seeing him change slightly physically. Nothing drastic though, he just looked older. Beside that, he seemed the same. She knew she had changed, plenty of things had changed for her.

"What have you been up to?"
Back to top Go down
Remplissage
Golden Oldie
Remplissage

PostSubject: Re: seeing little ghosts everywhere (rach)    seeing little ghosts everywhere (rach)  I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 2:05 am

adam dunlap
son of hades

____He shrugged, raising an eyebrow at her. "I dunno," he drawled, biting the inside of his mouth. "Just doing some stuff. I left camp for a while. Drove around, did a few things. That stuff." He grinned, and crossed his arms. "I've lost who I am and what I've stood for," he teased, mocking her gently. "You've gotten a bit more eloquent since we last talked, huh?" Thinking, he leaned back against a tree and moved a bit of hair out of his face. "Say..." he began, narrowing his eyes at her and giving the girl a toothy, mischievous grin. "Are you busy today? If not, let's go do something fun."

Back to top Go down
RachieFizzy!
RachieFizzy!

PostSubject: Re: seeing little ghosts everywhere (rach)    seeing little ghosts everywhere (rach)  I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 2:13 am

rachel botswick

daughter of zeus

She smirked slightly, hearing his playful mocks. Adam was the only person who could do that and her not get extremely mad or offended. "I suppose I've grown up a little, yes." she mumbled, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. The wind began to blow gently, just enough for her hair to tousle slightly in the air. She looked up at him and couldn't help but smile, her dorky friend giving his "Hey, I've got an idea!" look toward her. "What do you have in mind?"
Back to top Go down
Remplissage
Golden Oldie
Remplissage

PostSubject: Re: seeing little ghosts everywhere (rach)    seeing little ghosts everywhere (rach)  I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 2:53 am

adam dunlap
son of hades

____"Of course, we just have to leave early." He grinned, seeing the girl's obvious excitement. "So I'm guessing you want to go to both?" He leaned back into the tree, watching her face for emotion. Adam loved making people happy; though, it rarely ever happened. "I'll warn you though," he began, leaning close and getting right into her face. "I'm not going to protect you tonight." He smirked at the small teasing joke, and pulled himself away from her.

Last edited by Remplissage on Wed May 15, 2013 11:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
RachieFizzy!
RachieFizzy!

PostSubject: Re: seeing little ghosts everywhere (rach)    seeing little ghosts everywhere (rach)  I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 8:00 am

rachel botswick

daughter of zeus

She smiled and clapped her hands together. "Then its decided! Do you think I can go change first? I look like a bum." She laughed, looking at her baggy sweater and sweatpants. She smirked as he leaned in closer, she stuck her tongue out and retorted "You wouldn't be much of a protector anyway." she grinned, flipping her hair over her shoulder like she had majorly insulted him. She laughed at herself.
Back to top Go down
Remplissage
Golden Oldie
Remplissage

PostSubject: Re: seeing little ghosts everywhere (rach)    seeing little ghosts everywhere (rach)  I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 11:52 pm

adam dunlap
son of hades

____He raised an eyebrow, and jokingly shoved her. "Oh yeah?" Grinning, he slid his hands into his pockets and yawned slightly. "You'll think that when the time comes and I'm the only one around." He reached out and tousled her hair, before leaning back into the tree. "So, what do you say you go change, I'll grab a few things from my cabin, and then we'll head out?"

Last edited by Remplissage on Wed May 15, 2013 11:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RachieFizzy!
RachieFizzy!

PostSubject: Re: seeing little ghosts everywhere (rach)    seeing little ghosts everywhere (rach)  I_icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 12:28 am

rachel botswick

daughter of zeus

Stumbling back slightly, she laughed and taunted "I've got my ninja skills to fight them off with, just you wait!" Smiling as he messed with her hair, she looked at him and said "Just give me a half hour!" she saluted as if like a little solider and ran to her cabin. Running straight to her closet, she pulled out all of the clothes from her closet and laid them out on the bed.

Pacing back and forth, she pulled out a neon purple camisole and put a black lace quarter sleeve over it, with white capris. She messily braided her hair down her back, hastily put on clear gloss on her lips, and grabbed her brown leather satchel with cellular device inside. She walked down to Thalia's pine, where they would meet to get the night started.
Back to top Go down
Remplissage
Golden Oldie
Remplissage

PostSubject: Re: seeing little ghosts everywhere (rach)    seeing little ghosts everywhere (rach)  I_icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 1:20 am

adam dunlap
son of hades

____Adam was already waiting at the pine, casually napping on the ground as if he had been there for ages. "Took you long enough," he grumbled teasingly, forcing himself to stand up. "Ready?" He brushed a strand of long, raven-black hair away from his only slightly-tanned skin. Over the winter he had grown it out, but kept the bangs short enough to not cover his face; he tied the rest back into a messy ponytail. For today, he had decided to wear a form-fitting black tee-shirt, dark blue jeans with multiple frays in the material, and his usual Chucks.

"Alright, sweet. Let's roll." The son of Hades grinned, which lit up his emerald green gaze. Turning on his heel, he marched away from the pine, relying on her to follow him. "I hope you're ready for a super cool night. It's going to be intense." He chuckled silently as his own choice of vocabulary.

Back to top Go down
RachieFizzy!
RachieFizzy!

PostSubject: Re: seeing little ghosts everywhere (rach)    seeing little ghosts everywhere (rach)  I_icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 1:31 am

rachel botswick

daughter of zeus

"I went as fast as I could!" she playfully huffed, following the boy. She casually hummed and sung quietly while walking, skipping and spinning. Stumbling and almost falling, she stopped immediately and kept her pace next to Adam. She slipped her arm through his, locking arms with her friend as they started approaching the bright lights. "Can't have the ladies stealing you away from me, almighty protector." she grinned, playfully winking at him. The colours reflected off of her dark eyes as they reached the festival.
Back to top Go down
Remplissage
Golden Oldie
Remplissage

PostSubject: Re: seeing little ghosts everywhere (rach)    seeing little ghosts everywhere (rach)  I_icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 1:45 am

adam dunlap
son of hades

____All around the two were booths and lights, with games and shops, and people all around. "Where to first?" He turned his mischievous gaze onto her, and gave a toothy grin. "Games? Food? Something else? There's plenty of stuff to do." Adam stood on his tip-toes and looked around. Even at his sufficient height of 6'3'', the boy still needed to get a better look around. "Lead the way."

Back to top Go down
RachieFizzy!
RachieFizzy!

PostSubject: Re: seeing little ghosts everywhere (rach)    seeing little ghosts everywhere (rach)  I_icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 1:54 am

rachel botswick

daughter of zeus

Fascinated with all the possibilities, her eyes lit up almost as bright as the lights, her smile spreading ear to ear. When was the last time she was even at a festival? It didn't matter now, she grabbed her friends hand as she began walking toward the nearest photobooth. Yes, a photobooth. She almost dragged him behind her as they saw there was a 5 person wait. She stood in line, turned toward Adam and smiled. "I love photobooths, they're fun." She wiggled her eyebrows, then proceeded at laugh at herself.
Back to top Go down
Remplissage
Golden Oldie
Remplissage

PostSubject: Re: seeing little ghosts everywhere (rach)    seeing little ghosts everywhere (rach)  I_icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 2:01 am

adam dunlap
son of hades

____He raised an eyebrow, glancing down at her momentarily. Standing back up on his tiptoes, he looked ahead to see how fast the relatively short line was moving. "I've never been in a photobooth." He blushed a bit sheepishly at his lack of never experiencing something so common, and crossed his arms. A bit embarrassed (Adam never was the most confident type), he glanced around, avoiding eye contact. "All the food around here looks awesome, but it smells like a bathroom out here."

Back to top Go down
RachieFizzy!
RachieFizzy!

PostSubject: Re: seeing little ghosts everywhere (rach)    seeing little ghosts everywhere (rach)  I_icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 2:07 am

rachel botswick

daughter of zeus

Giggling, seeing that he was obviously embarrassed. As their turn came, she grabbed Adam's hand once more, leading him inside. She sat on the bench. "It'll say when its about to take the picture, just look at the camera and make a serious or funny face!" She smiled, as she stuck out her tongue as the voice counted down for the first photo out of a series of five.

click!
Back to top Go down
Remplissage
Golden Oldie
Remplissage

PostSubject: Re: seeing little ghosts everywhere (rach)    seeing little ghosts everywhere (rach)  I_icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 2:18 am

adam dunlap
son of hades

____He sat down on the bench with her, listening to the explanation. "Okay..." He stared ahead confusedly for a moment, hearing the first click. Realizing that the first picture would just be him with a dazed expression on his face, he began to chuckle, which eventually evolved into him doubling over in the bench, laughing. Between his laughs, Adam reached out and grabbed her tongue, pulling on it as the second click sounded.

Last edited by Remplissage on Wed May 15, 2013 11:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RachieFizzy!
RachieFizzy!

PostSubject: Re: seeing little ghosts everywhere (rach)    seeing little ghosts everywhere (rach)  I_icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 3:33 pm

rachel botswick

daughter of zeus

"Ada-!" She began to say, only for her tongue to be pulled on. Her eyes squeezed shut with a hilarious expression on her face as the second picture was taken. "Oh, so its like that!" She laughed, grabbing the back of his shirt and pulling it up and over his head, his face covered. She laughed, putting her arm around him flashing a peace sign. The subtle click signaled that the picture was taken.
Back to top Go down
Remplissage
Golden Oldie
Remplissage

PostSubject: Re: seeing little ghosts everywhere (rach)    seeing little ghosts everywhere (rach)  I_icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 11:08 pm

adam dunlap
son of hades

____Adam laughed, wriggling out of her grip as the third picture snapped. Reaching out (with his shirt still over his face), he pulled the girl into a loose headlock, and held her there as the fourth and final picture clicked into permanence.

____He released her, and grinned through the fabric of his tee-shirt. "That was fun," the son of Hades said, fixing his shirt. His hair was now a mess of black locks, and he tried to fix it to no avail.

____The boy raised an eyebrow across the bench at her, and thought inwardly; of his happiness. For the first time he realized how lucky he was to have friends like Rachel. Friends that enjoyed spending time with him, and that he enjoyed being around. It had certainly been a great start of his new camp experience so far.

____"After you?" he said, standing up and gesturing for her to exit first.
Back to top Go down
RachieFizzy!
RachieFizzy!

PostSubject: Re: seeing little ghosts everywhere (rach)    seeing little ghosts everywhere (rach)  I_icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 11:19 pm

rachel botswick

daughter of zeus

Being pulled into a headlock, she quickly placed a panicked expression on her face, as if she was actually choking. Her smile showed through as the picture took. She turned to Adam, only to burst into fits of uncontrollable laughter. "Your hair!" she snorted, regaining composure.

"It was tons of fun!" She smiled, tucking a piece of loose hair back into her braid. She was happy to send some time with Adam again. She had missed him, things really weren't the same when he left. Granted, she had changed when he left, but she felt like her old self again. She was thankful. "Why thank you, kind sir." she grins, exiting the booth. She walked to the front and picked up two sets of the four photos.

"For you." She smiled, handing a copy to her friend.
Back to top Go down
Remplissage
Golden Oldie
Remplissage

PostSubject: Re: seeing little ghosts everywhere (rach)    seeing little ghosts everywhere (rach)  I_icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 11:42 pm

adam dunlap
son of hades

____He took the photo-set and glanced at the four pictures imprinted on it, a tiny grin tugging at his lips. Each picture brought more joy to him than the last, and the images made it sure that he would never forget their tiniest moment of bonding. "So, where to next?" Adam glanced around, biting the inside of his mouth as he waited for her response.

Back to top Go down
RachieFizzy!
RachieFizzy!

PostSubject: Re: seeing little ghosts everywhere (rach)    seeing little ghosts everywhere (rach)  I_icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 11:49 pm

rachel botswick

daughter of zeus

"Hmm.." she pondered, looking around at the attractions. She saw one certain one, giggled, and grabbed his hand. She lead him over to a coaster attraction called "The Ghost Ship." It looked very poorly put together, being intended for children. As they stood in line, but more teens were on it than children. Rachel grinned mischievously at her friend. "Are yu ready to be scared out of your pants?" she laughed.
Back to top Go down
Remplissage
Golden Oldie
Remplissage

PostSubject: Re: seeing little ghosts everywhere (rach)    seeing little ghosts everywhere (rach)  I_icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 8:11 pm

adam dunlap
son of hades

____Adam raised an eyebrow, a tiny smile on his face. "Already am," he said, giving her a lock of mock fear. "Terrified." Chuckling quietly, he looked ahead at the line, and glanced confusedly at his friend. "Are you sure I'll even fit? I mean, I'm super gangly and my legs are super long." He stood on his tip-toes, getting a better view of the ride.
Back to top Go down
RachieFizzy!
RachieFizzy!

PostSubject: Re: seeing little ghosts everywhere (rach)    seeing little ghosts everywhere (rach)  I_icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 8:17 pm

rachel botswick

daughter of zeus

As their turn came up, an empty cart rolled in. She stared inside the cart. He could fit inside, on one condition. She smirks and gently pushes Adam inside the cart. She sits on his lap, as if it was just a normal seat. The conductor of a ride gave her a funny look, scrunching his nose. Rachel just gave him a cheesy smile, as he lurched their cart forward. "Hope you don't think this is weird, I really wanted to get some laughs out of this ride." She laughs, leaning slightly to the side so that Adam could see ahead of her.
Back to top Go down
Remplissage
Golden Oldie
Remplissage

PostSubject: Re: seeing little ghosts everywhere (rach)    seeing little ghosts everywhere (rach)  I_icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 8:27 pm

adam dunlap
son of hades

____He raises an eyebrow again, but says nothing in reply. "So, are you expecting this ride to be intense, or what?" Adam wrapped his arms protectively around his friend's torso, and leaned opposite of her so that he could see ahead of them. "This kind of reminds me of the county fair, back in Missouri. It was just a bunch of really bad, weak rides but I rode the heck out of them."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: seeing little ghosts everywhere (rach)    seeing little ghosts everywhere (rach)  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

seeing little ghosts everywhere (rach)
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next