Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Forest greetings (private)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kol Mikaelson
Experienced Poster
Kol Mikaelson

Forest greetings (private) Empty
PostSubject: Forest greetings (private)   Forest greetings (private) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 10:48 pm

Forest greetings (private) Tumblr_inline_ml06us5C0k1qz4rgp

The day was hot. Not just hot, but blazing. The sun beat down on the camp, people sweating their day away, the cloudless sky revealing the unrelenting sun. Few campers dared to stray outside to train or go about daily activities. Summer was evidently almost here, and even more campers would be out and about sweating their butts off. The little number of campers that had summoned the courage to go outside stayed near the beach's edge, letting the water splash over their bodies to cool off. Others had water balloon fights or fanned themselves desperately. But, not Tobias.

Toby stood at the edge of the forest in some relieving shade of a great tall tree, avoiding the rays of the sun at all costs. He could, of course, just stay in his cabin, but that would mean being with siblings, and being with siblings meant being with people. And that would be unbearable. Toby, despite his constant need for approval, hated spending time with others. The forest was sort of his safe little haven in which to practice his necromancy in secret, without being looked upon. But, since it was the day, he just hang out amongst the tall trees which gave him shade and a place to be shot of people.

It was a particularly good day to be in the shade, and Toby appreciated the trees even more than usual. The lack of activity, however, did in fact bring a sense of drowsiness upon him. He yawned a bit, cupping his hand in front of his mouth out of habit. He then turned his back to the camp and looked toward the forest. His droopy eyes glanced around for an easy tree to climb with plentiful foliage to block out the sun. Spotting one a little distance ahead, he tromped over, left over leaves from the previous winter crunching underfoot. He seized a branch, using what muscles he had from climbing trees in the past, hoisted himself up. His biceps strained for he hadn't climbed trees since sometime before winter. He managed to lift his leg and swung it over a sturdy branch. He continued to climb until he was about halfway up the tree. Not too high as to be revealed to the sun again, but not too low as to be easily spotted. He removed his black wand from his sleeve and whispered a small incantation. A group of ropes began to sprout out the tip of the wand and curl up on his lap. When the rope finished spiraling out, he replaced his wand in his sleeve then tied himself around the tree, before tilting his head back and closing his tired eyes.
Back to top Go down
Beautiful Chaos

Beautiful Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Forest greetings (private)   Forest greetings (private) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 11:34 pm

Forest greetings (private) Shailene-woodley-fin
Alice "Cali" Canterbury Daughter of Khione
I always take a morning jog through the woods. I wake up Brady. I look at him as he stretches and yawns. "Lazy bones." I say to him and get in my shorts and a cut off shirt that cuts off to my belly button. I let my hair go down as my curls show. I start to brush my teeth with some cold water. It's always cold in here. Well I am in the Khione cabin. I look in the mirror and smile. My teethe were white. Brady barks because he loves going jogging with me. I look at his fur with some brown on his face. I open the cabin door feeling how hot it was. I close my eyes and open them. I made myself feel the cold. I had some kind of thing that my brother and I could make it cold around us. We usually used it when it was hot.

I look down at Brady and start to jog. I feel eyes on me as I run, but I don't care. I am new here, so they better get used to it. I kept jogging entering the woods. I step on branches and I hear Brady's collar jingle. He was in front of me because I hated when I couldn't see him. I see the green from the bushes and trees. I hear some woods nymphs talking. I kept jogging and still felt cold. I was lucky to have this talent. I step on some crunchy leaves and sticks. I stop breathing hard. I see Brady huffing and buffing "Thirsty? " I find a hole and put some ice in it and make it melt. He walks over to it and starts drinking it. I smile at him.

I find a tree with shade. I sit down leaning on the tree. Brady walks towards me sinffing the ground. I look at he smells footprints. Someone must of been here ready. He lays down by me "You're my watch dog." I joke to him and let his belly. He turns around so I can let his belly again. I smile and do it again. I stop because his eyes were closing. I heat something in a tree but its probably a bird or like a nymph.
Back to top Go down
Kol Mikaelson
Experienced Poster
Kol Mikaelson

PostSubject: Re: Forest greetings (private)   Forest greetings (private) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 5:46 pm

Toby opened his left eye carefully, surveying the tree tops. He had heard something, only of the slightest sound, but a sound nonetheless. He had figured it was a nymph, and did not take notice to it at first, but the more he listened, the more he heard something walking as if on four legs. Curious and a bit bothered that he hadn't even slept yet, but he shifted ever so slightly to peer down over the branch to see the ground. There he spotted someone. A camper, it seemed. With what he assumed to be a dog, but here at a camp for children of gods and goddesses, appearance was often quite misleading. Therefore, he decided to investigate. But, how? As he thought about it, descending from a tree and suddenly dropping down right next to the person would be a bit scary, one would think. But, then again, it seemed the easiest option, and easy options were the most compelling for Toby.

Despite the heat, Toby forced himself to wear a long sleeve shirt, not giving it much thought. He had secrets he did indeed have to cover up and wearing a long sleeve shirt was the easiest way. Again, easy is good. However, it was not efficient for climbing trees. Toby nimbly untied the ropes holding him to the tree, and began his way down, when his sleeve snagged at a branch. Aggravated, he yanked but it did not budge. Shaking his head with frustration, he yanked again. This time, his sleeve tore, and he came loose. Losing his balance on the tree limb he was standing on he tumbled, falling quickly towards the ground. Just before the bottom, his back whacked into another branch, causing his breath to be lost, but slowing his descent a bit, before he tumbled to the ground.

Dizzy. Toby was on the stable ground, but even so he still felt like he was falling. He could not describe how painful his back felt at that moment, but he was scared to move. He had totally forgotten that someone was there, and he felt alone. He was going to die out there, unable to move, breath coming and going in short gasps. It was horrible. He coughed. His back shot pain into his body as he did so, but he could feel nothing broken as he shifted a little.
Back to top Go down
Beautiful Chaos

Beautiful Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Forest greetings (private)   Forest greetings (private) I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 3:33 pm

Forest greetings (private) Shailene-woodley-fin
Alice "Cali" Canterbury Daughter of Khione

I look around watching Brady run after a butterfly. I laugh and he jumps up to get it, but doesn't. I close my eyes and hear a thud and then Brady started to bark. I look up seeing a body and stand up and walk fast over to a boy who had fell. I see his long sleeve shirt was ripped. He must've fallen down. I look at him and shush Brady "Are you okay?" of course he isn't okay you stupid. I look at him as he hurt his bad. I made a piece of ice from my hand. "If you need to ice it here. I'll be back." I stand up and look at Brady "Stay here." I start to run to go get someone from the infirmary. I told him where he was and they said they will be there.

I run back to the kid "You'll be fine. People are coming." I see the short breaths he was taking. Did I know CPR? No. It seemed easy, but what was I supposed to do "Just breath everything will be alright. Don't you go anywhere."  I say to him. I look at Brady and he was comforting the boy by sitting next to him. I look at the kid "I am going to ask some questions. What's your name?..... How old are you?....Who is your parent?....Do you know where you are?" I knew I should ask just in case of a concussion. That Reid before when he played football.

Back to top Go down
Kol Mikaelson
Experienced Poster
Kol Mikaelson

PostSubject: Re: Forest greetings (private)   Forest greetings (private) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 7:57 pm

Toby slowly attempted to move into a sitting position, but his pain was too much so he just tried to relax on the ground. His teeth grit together as he was bombarded with questions. Well, at least someone was out here. "Nobody needs to come," he said, quickly. The pain was so much. However, to prove he was fine, he sat up and leaned his back against the tree. His temples pulsed as he suppressed a shout. "I'm Toby," he said, gruffly. "I'm seventeen, I'm a son of Hecate, and I'm in a dumb forest at Camp Half-Blood," he replied. He didn't mean to be short but his temper was being tested. It was his back that hurt not his head. Toby quickly pushed his arm with the torn sleeve behind him so the girl couldn't see. "Nobody needs to come," he repeated. He accepted the ice pack and rested it on his back. The cold touch instantly relieved him from a fair amount of pain. He sighed with relief. "Where... where is my wand?" he asked, looking around. It had to have fallen somewhere. It couldn't be far. His eyes strained to pick out a dark brown wand in a forest of roots, grass and dark brown twigs. Not to mention the dotted pattern of the shadow and light cast onto the floor. "Can you see my wand?" he asked, noticing a dog. He raised his eyebrow but didn't say anything.
Back to top Go down
Beautiful Chaos

Beautiful Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Forest greetings (private)   Forest greetings (private) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 12:42 am

Forest greetings (private) Tumblr_mbp64yt7oT1rd1j5no1_400

Alice Cali Canterbury
Daughter of KHIONE
I look at him in shock when he said he didn't need anyone to come I nod. I look seeing a person and I nod no to him. He walks away and I look at him. I jump up as he shouts and I back away from him with Brady by my side "No need to shout. I'm here to help." I say to him. I look at him and nod "No one is coming. Not anymore." I say to him.

I hear him say something about a wand. i start to look around and Brady had a stick in his mouth. I call him over and tell him to drop it. He listens and I wipe it off and hand it to Toby. "Brady found him." I tell him. I sit down at watch him take the ice pack. 'If you need more just says so." I look at him and take a deep breath.

Back to top Go down
Kol Mikaelson
Experienced Poster
Kol Mikaelson

PostSubject: Re: Forest greetings (private)   Forest greetings (private) I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 2:47 pm

Son of Hecate

Toby picked up the wand with traces of dog drool, and tooth marks etched into it. Grimacing, he wiped it on his shirt. The pain was slowly ebbing away, and he felt strengthened just holding the item of magic. Now in a much better mood, he turned to the girl. "Did you say your name?" he asked. If she had, he didn't recall it. "Like I said, I'm Toby." he felt a twinge of pain again, but ignored it. Keeping the ice to his body was working. "Sorry for dropping in on you like this," he muttered, and then paused. "Quite literally," he finished. Looking around, the forest seemed to be clear other than the two of them, and the dog who eyed the wand longingly. Toby let a small chuckle escape his lips. "Who's the dog?" he asked.

DATE: 11/24 | NOTES: uh.
TEASPOONS @ CAUTION 2.0

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forest greetings (private)   Forest greetings (private) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Forest greetings (private)
Page 1 of 1