Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

[Private] It's all said and done

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Crispy Bacon
THE YODELMEISTER'S APPRENTICE
Crispy Bacon

[Private] It's all said and done Empty
PostSubject: [Private] It's all said and done   [Private] It's all said and done I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 2:56 pm

iris andrews daughter of aphrodite
Iris laid down in the middle of the Aphrodite cabin with dozens of sheets of paper spread out before her and around her, with blatant disregard for how her siblings would feel about her taking up most of the floor space. She barked and snarled at anyone who stepped on one of her sheets and eventually just sent all her half-siblings out of the cabin, ignoring their cries of protest. They would thank her later, when they were still standing on their own two feet after a battle. Maybe a little bloody and battered, but alive. She just needed them to leave her alone now so she could get them there.

She didn't know what she was doing. She didn't like working - not when it was for someone else's benefit. She never wanted to be cabin leader. Maybe the power was nice, but sometimes it seemed like a whole lot of work and doing things she didn't want to do. She had figured it might be like that, and she doubted anyone would even vote for her if she ran so it had all worked out fine. When Jonathon had asked her to be his Co, she thought he was going crazy and was about to say no right away but she hesitated. If he was coming to her, it was probably because he really needed help or because she was his last resort. She had thought about it for a minute and then said yes.

Thinking back to the meeting - the one she had stormed out of a few days ago and had probably looked like an impertinent child in - she regretted making that decision. Maybe Jonathon would have been better off with someone else. Maybe she would have been better off going her merry way. They both could have been better off, and she probably wouldn't feel so betrayed right at that moment. It wasn't a happy feeling, feeling betrayed - it felt rather too familiar. Painful memories started to probe at her again and she'd had to push them back several times since she had stood up from her chair at the meeting.

She couldn't help but feel like Jonathan had let her down, although she knew it was unfair. She knew she wasn't an easy person to get along with, and it was her own fault that Jonathan didn't want to side with her. She had just been difficult at the meeting because she disliked the Hephaestus cabin. She also thought she was justified in her resentment for the Hephaestus cabin. She had gotten a concussion from the chariot race, and it seemed like she had been the only one who had been injured in it. It didn't help that even though it had been a month since the race, she was still getting headaches. Smaller ones than the ones she'd had before, but headaches nonetheless.

She did think that the idea Grayson had suggested was a decent one, although she thought it was a better idea to actually prepare for the war looming above their heads.

The letters swum in front of her as she stared at the schedule she was working on. Even though she hated weakness, she couldn't change the fact that she was dyslexic like any other demigod. Despite the fact that Ancient Greek was infinitely easier to read, she worked at English anyway, knowing the English was a significantly more useful language to be able to read and write in. She intended to get out of this place someday, and she intended to be prepared for that day too.
Finally, the letters became one big fumbled mess that she couldn't seem to get the meaning of. Tearing up the sheet out of frustration, she rolled onto her back and stared at the ceiling, the torn pieces clenched in her fists.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: [Private] It's all said and done   [Private] It's all said and done I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 1:33 am

jonathan wyatt adams son of aphrodite

Jonathan nearly slipped on Cabin 10's doorway, his coat only half-buttoned and his scarf hanging loosely around his neck. His cheeks were a light shade of pink thanks to the cold winter breeze and he was out of breath, mostly because he had just been out swordfighting. Not to mention that he also ran the whole way back to the cabin. It wasn't originally his plan to come back at an early time but a few of his siblings confronted him in the arena, complaining about how his co-cabin leader threw them out of the cabin. He really didn't want to have to talk to Iris since that incident, wanting to give her some space to cool down, but he was left with no choice. He definitely couldn't ignore his siblings' protests especially when he noticed how one of them wasn't even well-dressed for the cold and looked like she would be catching hypothermia or something. He had sent them to the infirmary to keep warm but as he walked away, he could still hear snatches of their hushed conversation. Something about how picking Iris to be his Co was the worst idea ever.

Although Jonathan wouldn't admit it, the whispers behind his back unnerved him a little. How long had his siblings been saying things like that behind his back? The thought sent shivers down his spine. Had they regretted voting him to be cabin leader? But then, he couldn't really blame them if they did. He was trying to do his best, but it didn't look like his best was doing to cover it. How could he have let himself be elected? He should've backed down. Then he couldn't have worried about it all, about how he had let his siblings down. That was why he had asked Iris to be his Co. It was a shocking decision for most, knowing how Iris can be, but he needed her help. They were totally different, and that was what Jonathan had been banking on. They had different perspectives, different opinions, and it allowed him to see things that he couldn't have spotted himself and deep down, he hoped that it went the same way for her. He honestly believed that being a leader could do her some good and in some ways, do him good as well. Maybe his plan didn't work out. Maybe this was going to be one of the decisions where he would kick himself later for having even considered it. Stop thinking like that, he thought sharply. No wonder he felt lousy. How could he continue to put himself down?

Gritting his teeth at the cold, Jonathan finally pushed the door open and entered, only to stop and stare at the vast amounts of paper littered across the living room floor. It didn't help that his damp boots made darker prints on the lush carpet. He didn't need to wonder about how Iris would react if he managed to step on any of these important-looking papers, much less get them soaked. Swallowing back a gulp, Jonathan stayed rooted to the floor as he stared at the frustrated girl. Guilt nibbled at the edges of his conscience. Cabin leader duties were taking a toll on her, and he was pretty sure that she blamed him for that. After all, he could see from her face that she wanted to decline the job at first. It gave him the feeling of having forced her into it, and he didn't like that one bit.

"Hey," Jonathan said, caution in his tone. He started to walk, keeping his dripping wet form close to the walls to avoid the papers which, on closer look, bore schedules that were written English. So Iris still stuck to her original plan after all. It was one of the things that Jonathan liked about her - her determination. How she wouldn't give up so easily. He knew that it could land her in more troublesome situations than good, but still.

He carefully slipped out of his coat and hung it on the coat rack to dry. Sneaking a glance at her, Jonathan hoped for the best before continuing, "Terence told me you sent them out."

ooc: my muse is slowly coming back :3
and sorry if the length bored you. it'll be shorter in the next posts i swear xD
Back to top Go down
http://phoenixsapphire.deviantart.com
Crispy Bacon
Crispy Bacon

PostSubject: Re: [Private] It's all said and done   [Private] It's all said and done I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 2:24 am

Hearing the door to the cabin open, Iris groaned and began to sit up. "I thought I told you to-" She broke off as she caught sight of just who it was who had entered the cabin - the cabin leader himself. "Hey," Iris greeted back, ripping the pieces of paper in her hand into smaller shreds. She watched through narrowed eyes as he made his way to the coat rack, silently praying that he wouldn't drip water on any of her schedules because she wasn't sure what she would do if he did.

She kept quiet as Jonathan hung his stuff up, hoping that he might he might just disappear into his room without another word but that turned out not to be the case. Cursing under her breath, she rolled her eyes toward the ceiling. "Terence is such a baby." She muttered to herself, but without heat. She didn't really blame him for telling on her. She had to talk to Jonathan sooner or later anyway. "They were stepping all over the schedules and plans I'm working on." She said in answer to Jonathan, tilting her chin up haughtily.

After staring at him for another uncomfortable moment, she slumped and sighed. "Okay, let's cut to the chase, shall we?" She smiled unpleasantly. "I'm not too happy with you and you're probably not too happy with me. I made the Aphrodite cabin look petty and stupid at the meeting after all." Ducking her head, she tossed away the scraps of paper in a wastebasket nearby. "I don't know if you know this, but you're free you remove me from my position if you want." She looked out the window, her face stony and unreadable.

"Frankly, I could care less what our dear siblings think about me, but what reflects badly upon me reflects badly upon you, doesn't it? And we wouldn't want them to doubt you now, would we?" She sneered. She was probably making it impossible for him to like her at all, but she wasn't sure if she could handle being a cabin leader any more. Maybe she was running away, but hadn't she always ran away when she didn't like things? She had definitely run away when she thought things weren't worth it.

She made the Aphrodite cabin look bad as well. Jonathan Adams. The little angel, the perfect image of a child of Aphrodite. Pretty inside and out. Iris Andrews? She looked the part, but after speaking to her everyone knew that wasn't the case.
And yet, she wouldn't resign by herself. She wanted to be removed from the position. She didn't know why she was hesitating, but she was.

(( PFFT, DON'T WORRY, IT'S FINE. Your writing is so fabulous, it's not a hassle to read at all. What a Face ))

Last edited by Crispy Bacon on Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: [Private] It's all said and done   [Private] It's all said and done I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 3:15 am

Jonathan was already seated by the fireplace to dry himself off by the time Iris finished speaking. He cringed a little, recalling the meeting in perfect clarity. If anything, he thought it was his fault. That he was the one who made them look bad. After all, if he hadn't made clear how he disagreed with Iris, maybe this wouldn't have happened. "I wouldn't call that 'petty and stupid.' Disagreeing with people doesn't make you stupid, y'know," he said, following her gaze to the window. "Else that would make all of us idiots."

Jonathan picked up a stray sheet of paper and frowned at the letters floating off the page. Why did Iris have to write in English? Ancient Greek was ten times easier to write and read. But then, it was a mark of how hard she had to work to come up with these. "Why would I want to remove you? I doubt it's because you're not feeling up to the job because I'm pretty sure you've done way more as a cabin leader than I did." He cracked a smile, meaning it. "Remember the sleepover? If I remember correctly, our siblings loved it. Wasn't that your idea?" he chuckled, realizing with a jolt that he had been about to fold one of her precious schedules into an airplane. Knowing full well how Iris would've bitten his head off for that, he carefully placed the sheet back on the floor and for good measure, started stacking the papers. Maybe it was just an Aphrodite thing, but Jonathan didn't particularly like being messy.

"I'm not going to take this job away from you," he announced firmly. "But if you think it's too much, you're free to resign." His voice wavered a little. Would Iris seriously consider resigning? He shouldn't fault her for that, he reminded himself. He couldn't force her to do something she didn't even like doing (even if he already thought he did). After all, it wasn't like he could charmspeak her into resigning even if he wanted.

Straightening up with a small pile of papers in his arms, Jonathan remembered something and cast her a look of concern. "By the way, is your head still hurting?"
Back to top Go down
Crispy Bacon
Crispy Bacon

PostSubject: Re: [Private] It's all said and done   [Private] It's all said and done I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 5:19 pm

"I think I was right in disagreeing, it's just my reasoning behind it that I..." She trailed off and sighed, doodling a tree on a blank sheet of paper. She wasn't sure if Jonathan was aware of it or not, but every time Iris looked at the Hephaestus cabin leader, she felt her blood boil. She didn't usually hold grudges but when someone injured her it something different. Maybe Jonathan didn't realize how much she disliked Grayson, and she wasn't about to tell him. Even she knew that it was childish.

Iris didn't return his smile. "We did that together." She said, watching as he began to gather her sheets. Grudgingly, she began to gather them up as well. She'd have to take them into her room sooner or later, might as well have them ready to go if her conversation with Johnathan ended badly.
She shook her head when he asked about her head. "No, I'm fine now." She lied, continuing to gather her schedules. She didn't need him to feel bad for her - headaches weren't a big deal and she knew they would go away soon anyway, there was nothing to worry about.

When he told her she could resign if she wanted to, she sat down on the nearest bunk, taking a deep breath. "I-" She began, frowning. "I just want to know why you chose me as your Co." She said warily, the papers in her arms crinkling as she held them tighter.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: [Private] It's all said and done   [Private] It's all said and done I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 11:38 am

Jonathan sighed, arranging the papers in his arms into neat piles. Leave it to Iris to ask the question he tried to dodge above all. He supposed that she would've asked him sooner or later anyway. Frankly, he couldn't understand why he dreaded it. It wasn't like he couldn't answer it. Maybe now, being finally asked about it, it made him realize just what was so hard in such a simple question. And he was right; it wasn't the answer that made him hesitate. The problem lied in how he delivered it. In how to make Iris understand his reasoning.

"It seemed like a good idea at the time -" he cut off, realizing how that phrase could turn things around for the worse. "Well, not that it isn't a good idea now - I didn't mean that in a bad way! It's just that... I think you could be a good leader if you were given the chance."

Gods, how incredibly corny.

"And, well, you see things differently than I do," Jonathan continued, drawing closer to her. "I just thought it'd be a good combination if we were to work together. We have our differences, I know, but it means that you can see things I don't, and it can also go the other way around. I guess you can say that it's like being each other's critic."

Jonathan huffed, frustrated at himself. Would Iris snap at him for the things he was saying? More importantly, would she get his point? "I'm not making sense, am I?" he said, the slightest hints of irritation showing in his tone.

Then a grin lit up his features as he remembered.

"Yes, we did the sleepover together. So that must mean that we make a good team, see?" He was smiling now, hoping that she would at least return this one. Any form of encouragement would make him happy at this point, although with Iris, it didn't seem like his chances were high. Still, there remained a chance, no matter how small. And Jonathan was banking on that.

ooc: not totally back to normal activity, but it'd be a waste to do nothing about the muse i suddenly had
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Private] It's all said and done   [Private] It's all said and done I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Private] It's all said and done
Page 1 of 1