Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

the mystery of the nonfunctional tractors - you've gotta be kidding me [Quest]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

the mystery of the nonfunctional tractors - you've gotta be kidding me [Quest] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: the mystery of the nonfunctional tractors - you've gotta be kidding me [Quest]   the mystery of the nonfunctional tractors - you've gotta be kidding me [Quest] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 9:27 am

kim raziel swift daughter of hyperion

Raziel was only just noticing the absence of engine noises when the car door slammed shut. Blinking profusely, (how could her eyelids feel this darned heavy? She wasn't that tired, was she?) she saw Kylee still seated in the driver's seat and what looked to be Athena Boy's back retreating towards the convenience store ahead. The smell of gasoline made her nose wrinkle in disgust. And just like that, her wishes to arrive in Kansas by nightfall were crushed like a bug. Of course, it was physically impossible in the first place, but that had not apparently kept her from hoping.

Stifling a yawn, Raziel lowered her headphones down to her neck and stumbled out of the truck, but not without muttering a half-hearted "bathroom" to Kylee. Gods did she need to relieve herself - and fast. Still in a bit of a daze to think about anything else, Raziel sprinted in a different direction from Conrad, towards the only glowing restroom sign she spotted.

As she entered the tiled room, Raziel felt a cold sense of dread seeping into her like a slow-moving poison. Not that she had expected the three of them to be glued together for the whole duration of the quest, but she noticed that this was the first time they weren't in such a close proximity to each other. It wasn't like they were states apart, but still... Wait a second, why the hell was she worrying about this anyway? The team comprised of a son of Athena (the wisest goddess ever), a daughter of Poseidon (one of the strongest gods in existence) and a daughter of Hyperion (a titan, enough said). There couldn't have been a group of stronger kids out there, Raziel thought. Besides, she sure as hell didn't need anyone to save her skin.

But as much as she tried to convince herself, Raziel still couldn't shake off the bad feeling that something was going to happen. She just didn't have a clue what.

ooc: not totally back to normal activity, but it'd be a waste to do nothing about the muse i suddenly had
Back to top Go down
http://phoenixsapphire.deviantart.com
moon
Elite Writer
moon

the mystery of the nonfunctional tractors - you've gotta be kidding me [Quest] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: the mystery of the nonfunctional tractors - you've gotta be kidding me [Quest]   the mystery of the nonfunctional tractors - you've gotta be kidding me [Quest] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 10:32 pm

the mystery of the nonfunctional tractors - you've gotta be kidding me [Quest] - Page 2 Kyleeee

Kylee Abigail Reeds

Daughter of Poseidon
Kylee pulled up at the gas station, barely stopping before Conrad has jumped out, demanding the truck be filled. "Okay, wouldn't want to prevent you from stuffing yourself," she muttered, sliding out of the car herself to watch the meter. The demigod gave Raz a quick nod as she retreated into the gas station's main store. Wind biting at her face, she shut the gas cover quickly, the rush of wind doing most of the work. Ky gave the highway a painful glance, watching the sun disappear along the horizon.

Having an acidic feeling in her stomach, she pushed open the glass door to the store, feeling an instant warmth rise to her cheeks. She quickly walked over to the candy isle, her face lighting up at the view of food. Kylee hadn't noticed that they skipped lunch until her stomach growled with anticipation. She frowned, standing on her tip toes for a moment. Something was wrong, that much was clear. The daughter of Poseidon kept an emotionless expression on her lips as she looked around the store, examining it.

She knew this had been the first time they were separated from each other since this morning, and felt a chill walk it's way up her spine. Eyes glancing outside for a quick moment, her eyes widened in fear. A blast of fire roared from where her truck had been. "EVERYONE GET DOWN!" she screamed, ducking under a rack of sweets. Sounds louder than the stereo echoed in her ear as she continued to stay down. One explosion would lead to another in an area filled with flammable liquid. "Raz! Conrad!" she screamed, blue eyes anxious.

click yup
Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

PostSubject: Re: the mystery of the nonfunctional tractors - you've gotta be kidding me [Quest]   the mystery of the nonfunctional tractors - you've gotta be kidding me [Quest] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 4:03 am

the mystery of the nonfunctional tractors - you've gotta be kidding me [Quest] - Page 2 TStVl

ıııııııııııııııııııııııııııııııı

Conrad saw Kylee walk into the store as he was at the counter paying for some sandwiches and the petrol. For some reason, he felt bothered, not solely because of hunger. Suddenly, there was a blast of fire at the direction of their vehicle. Then Kylee started screaming. To.. get down? What? Conrad looked at the girl incredulously.

He quickly darted towards the girl, saying, "Do you want to get buried under if the whole station explodes and this thing collapses? We can't stay here forever, if we somehow survive, there'll be police. Let's find Raziel and get out." Something cracked loudly. People were fleeing from the station. Conrad glanced outside, there was another explosion at the lane beside their car, causing a column of fire to swirl up, greedily licking the wall where the gas tubes were situated.

His eyes registered movement in the spreading flames and it confirmed his suspicion. Conrad carefully headed towards the glass doors, stepping out.
Back to top Go down
http://shadow-charmer.deviantart.com/
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: the mystery of the nonfunctional tractors - you've gotta be kidding me [Quest]   the mystery of the nonfunctional tractors - you've gotta be kidding me [Quest] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 8:19 am

raziel
daughter of hyperion

Raziel had just stepped out of the cubicle when the silence was broken by a deafening explosion. She froze, taking in the all-too-familiar stench of smoke. It was a smell she could recognize anywhere. But then it hit her - they were in a gas station.

The sight that greeted her made her stop in her tracks. Pillars of fire crackled in glee as they spread, terrorizing the puny humans fleeing below. Raziel barely registered the screams. She only had eyes for the towering flames. Suddenly, she saw something else: the same flames but with a different twist. A different time, a different story. When she snapped out of it, she was gripping the door frame tightly and her breaths came out in uneven huffs. She had broken out in cold sweat, though it wasn't because of the rise in temperature.

Despite the black smoke clouding her vision, Raziel saw Conrad step out of the store with an aura of calmness. "Conrad," she gasped out. Her eyes widened as she looked around the darkening surroundings. Kylee was nowhere in sight. The last time she saw the girl was in the truck, which was now only a handful of yards away from the fire...

"Kylee!"

Raziel sprinted towards the vehicle. Panic gripped her, leaving no place to think. It hadn't crossed her mind how the daughter of Poseidon could've gotten out in her absence. She hadn't even noticed the strange movement lurking in the deadly flames. All that filled her mind was that Kylee could be in the truck which could blow up at any time. That thought alone made her run even faster, and she failed to realize that she could be running towards her own doom.
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: the mystery of the nonfunctional tractors - you've gotta be kidding me [Quest]   the mystery of the nonfunctional tractors - you've gotta be kidding me [Quest] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 8:22 pm

the mystery of the nonfunctional tractors - you've gotta be kidding me [Quest] - Page 2 Kyleeee

Kylee Abigail Reeds

Daughter of Poseidon
Kylee cast Conrad a rather bitter glance before quickly sprouting from her position. It wasn't soon after that another loud crack of fire exploded from the gasoline stations, sending up high columns of flames. The thick and heavy smell of smoke drifting into her ears, her blue eyes nervously twitched around, silently searching for Raz. It wasn't until a few seconds that she heard the sound of the demigod's voice ringing in her ears.

Kylee's head turned to see Raziel running towards the truck, screaming and set at a deadly pace. Cursing mentally, she pushed past the son of Athena, running out to meet the open flames. "RAZ YOU IDIOT!" Ky yelled, her scream muted by those of others, and the roar from the fires engulfing the gas pumps. The demigod's feet tripped over ice and snow as she desperately tried to stop the older girl. A movement caught her off guard, almost making her slow her pace.

Finally catching up to Raz, she yanked back her shoulder, only making Kylee fall down in the process. "You are not walking into the fire, I'm afraid it's not very healthy," she spat sarcastically. A small grin wandered onto her face, soon replaced by shock. The flames were moving, not in a normal way either. In an almost...

human way.
click yup
Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

PostSubject: Re: the mystery of the nonfunctional tractors - you've gotta be kidding me [Quest]   the mystery of the nonfunctional tractors - you've gotta be kidding me [Quest] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 10:34 am

ConradWarrington
Son of Athena | Goddess of Wisdom
“Knowledge is power, for with knowledge, anything can be achieved.”

mystery of the nonfunctional tractors

Conrad followed the daughter of Poseidon, pace quickening with every step. He saw Kylee pull the demititan's shoulder and falling down in the process. He was about to dash past them to get a closer look at the thing that had caused the fire, but something made him glance back at his two quest-mates to see if they were all right. Why he paused to do that he had no idea. But there was no time to think of that now. For what loomed up behind the pillar of writhing flames was something he absolutely did not expect.

The son of Athena stopped and actually took half a step back, feeling the intense heat of the fire against his cheek. Great, what is that doing here? The head of a lion gave a thunderous roar and blasted another powerful column of fire, rearing up on its hind hooves. Its tail was more to worry about though - it spewed deadly venom with each toss of its lashing snake-head. Its bite would most likely be poisonous and lethal to any demigod.

Suddenly, something rushed at him from the back of the truck. Conrad dodged aside just in time to avoid the singe of a searing hot Brazen bull. It flashed past, the heat buffeting him, forcing him to back away instinctively. He could sense another bull somewhere in the flames. For them to find us all at once, I don't know if its a compliment or terrible luck. He called out a warning to the other questers, "Watch out! There's a Chimera too." He glanced up just in time to deflect a huge chunk of flaming metal that would otherwise have flattened him. It sailed away and crashed into another car, overturning it and setting it on fire.

What bothered Conrad most however, was that it wasn't a dumb creature like the bulls. It had human intelligence, like Sphinxes, except that Chimeras had more common sense. Even if they couldn't talk. Well, at least we're lucky it doesn't have wings.

ROLEPLAY STATS
partner: someone | muse: 100%
OOC: omg twin so pretty right 8P -mocks- i have it you don't, la la. connie loves it okay. btw conclusion: two bronze bulls, one chimera

character's mood: calculating
please ensure that you are adequately insured before attempting to roleplay with this character of summer's
likewise, note that we're not responsible for any inflicted injuries, deaths, descents to madness and whatnot
layout code and design by sapphire at graphix galore | colour scheme by summer

Last edited by Foreshadow on Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://shadow-charmer.deviantart.com/
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: the mystery of the nonfunctional tractors - you've gotta be kidding me [Quest]   the mystery of the nonfunctional tractors - you've gotta be kidding me [Quest] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 9:33 am

xRaziel Swift
x"RAZ YOU IDIOT!"

The voice was barely heard among the panicked shrieks and flames but Raziel still stopped on impulse. No one called her idiot and got away with it, even if she really was acting like one. But before she could regain her senses and realize what she was doing, someone gave her shoulder a harsh tug and she whipped around, only to see the very girl she was trying to save. Although she fell, Kylee's lips bore a ghost of a grin. Raziel jaw dropped as she shifted her gaze back to the empty truck. Wow, I really am an idiot.

"Pfft, Ky, fire's my game," Raziel said, trying to cover up for her stupidity. She held out a hand to help her up. "I'm the girl on fire."

Out of the corner of her eye, she saw a something that almost ran over Athena Boy. Her eyes narrowed as it rounded a corner and went straight for them. On instinct, Raziel grabbed Kylee and pulled her to the side just in time to evade the attack. The bull was so hot that she could feel the heat roll off it in waves, and from a daughter of Hyperion, that was saying something. She watched the automaton slow down to face them once more but instead of another tackle, it opened its maw and unleashed a blast of red-hot flame.

Well, didn't look anymore like she was the only one who could play with fire. Instinctively, Raziel deflected the attack by maneuvering the flame away to a random direction. It hit another car, setting off another explosion that wracked her eardrums. She breathed a quick relieved sigh. Thank the gods that it wasn't Kylee's truck she hit. Or a freaked out innocent bystander. But she was still more grateful that it hadn't been the truck.

A chimera? Raziel looked just in time to see the lion hybrid rear up. Perfect. Just perfect.
she's just a girl and she's on fire
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: the mystery of the nonfunctional tractors - you've gotta be kidding me [Quest]   the mystery of the nonfunctional tractors - you've gotta be kidding me [Quest] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 9:18 pm

kylee abigail reeds

Kylee simply shook her head at Raz's comment, simply glad that she was alright, for now. "Get out of the way or that'll be literal," she muttered, her eyes glancing over at the bull. An uneasy wave of heat rolled over Ky's face, as she felt herself internally groan. Heat wasn't her strong point, as it slightly defected the demigod's powers. Standing slightly behind Raz, she cowered away from the red-hot blaze that was coming their way.

Expecting to be burned alive, she opened her sea green eyes. Confused, she blinked once more before figuring that Raziel must've deflected the attack somehow. The sound of an explosion radiating in her eardrums, Ky glanced over at Conrad, who had found a Chimera. Gods. "Play with your new friend Raz, I'll help Conrad," she muttered, giving the older girl a supportive pat on the back.

Before running off to help the son of Athena, she gave the bull a glare, as if that the brainless automation would understand. Kylee sneaked away from the bull, hoping not to attract too much attention from either of the monsters. Gripping her sword until her knuckles turned white, she stood next to Conrad. "Do you think negotiating with it would help?" she asked, raising an eyebrow at him. "I mean, it's smart, your smart, you guys could have an out-smarting contest or something," Ky suggested, a grin sneaking across her face.

occ: guys i stink sorrry
layout and graphics (c) sapphire
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the mystery of the nonfunctional tractors - you've gotta be kidding me [Quest]   the mystery of the nonfunctional tractors - you've gotta be kidding me [Quest] - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

the mystery of the nonfunctional tractors - you've gotta be kidding me [Quest]
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2