Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

the mystery of the nonfunctional tractors - you've gotta be kidding me [Quest]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

the mystery of the nonfunctional tractors - you've gotta be kidding me [Quest] Empty
PostSubject: the mystery of the nonfunctional tractors - you've gotta be kidding me [Quest]   the mystery of the nonfunctional tractors - you've gotta be kidding me [Quest] I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 10:49 am

the mystery of the nonfunctional tractors - you've gotta be kidding me [Quest] 1sbbR

ıııııııııııııııııııııııııııııııı

Conrad was waiting on the hill for his quest-mates with only a light backpack on. He wasn't all too worked up about it, packing only a few things he thought he would need for the trip to 'the land of the golden seas', in order to retrieve Demeter's tractor keys. Whatever I need, I'll get them somehow on the way, he thought, shrugging. He idly recalled the prophecy spoken by the Oracle.

Giant green machines roam the land,
without the power emission,
they cannot function at hand,
three demigods travel to the land of golden seas,
to retrieve what the grain goddess needs to be pleased,
and face scaly beasts of mighty power,
where the titan's daughter falls from the tower.

That, he was pretty worked up about. Conrad was not to say, the most eager leader for a quest. He didn't really want to be wasting his time on such a redundant mission. In fact, it was only plainly coincidental that he was chosen. Frankly, he wished he had not been at the strawberry fields a week ago. If he hadn't, he wouldn't have met Demeter, who had just appeared before him and instructed him to go to the Oracle. Of course, Conrad wouldn't have agreed to go if she hadn't threatened to turn all wheat against him. He didn't particularly want his breakfast devouring him.

Though the prophecy could've been better written, he thought cynically, watching Peleus snore under the tree. He didn't even want to get started on the phrasing. And since when did Demeter have keys for tractors? Either way, they were supposed to head to Kansas, that's for sure. Though their way of travel would have to be discussed. They could take the grey sisters, but that was a last resort Conrad wished to entirely avoid. He hoped Raziel Swift in particular, would not suggest it.

Last edited by Foreshadow on Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://shadow-charmer.deviantart.com/
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

the mystery of the nonfunctional tractors - you've gotta be kidding me [Quest] Empty
PostSubject: Re: the mystery of the nonfunctional tractors - you've gotta be kidding me [Quest]   the mystery of the nonfunctional tractors - you've gotta be kidding me [Quest] I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 11:50 am

Humming softly to herself, Raziel made her way towards Half Blood Hill. Armed with only a shoulder bag containing essentials (including bottled water, ambrosia and interestingly, make-up), the daughter of Hyperion certainly didn't look like someone who was going on a dangerous mission to... what was it again? Find some goddess' keys... or something like that, Raziel finished in her thoughts. Details, details. It wasn't her job to figure out the specifics of the quest. To tell the truth, what really drew her in was the company of her questgoers and not the quest itself - although she did appreciate the opportunity to deviate from the usual (and boring) camp routine she was subjected to during the past few years.

There was no denying the spring in her step as her black Vans padded across the ground. To say that Raziel was excited was an understatement. She had never felt more enthusiastic in her life. Panting a little, she finally reached the top of the hill. She smirked, catching sight of their leader who seemed as disappointed as she was thrilled. Raziel had no idea how Athena Boy was roped into this kind of quest, much less how she actually ended up as one of his companions. All things considered, she was probably on the very bottom of the Conrad List of Possible Questers, no thanks to how their first meeting involved a laptop taking a sudden dip in the creek... His 'laptop,' she remembered with a sly grin as she looked over his light-looking backpack. He had better brought it along.

"I knew you were trouble when you walked in," Raziel sang to announce her arrival, not caring if she suddenly woke Peleus up with the volume of her voice. Slowly removing the jet black Beats headphones from her ears and replacing them around her neck, she confidently strode up to Conrad and hooked her arm around his shoulders playfully. "We're actually going on a quest together! Aren't you just excited, Athena Boy?" She laughed, an arm still slung around him, and glanced around hopefully. "So... where's Kylee?"
Back to top Go down
http://phoenixsapphire.deviantart.com
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: the mystery of the nonfunctional tractors - you've gotta be kidding me [Quest]   the mystery of the nonfunctional tractors - you've gotta be kidding me [Quest] I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 5:26 pm

the mystery of the nonfunctional tractors - you've gotta be kidding me [Quest] Kyleeee

Kylee Abigail Reeds

Daughter of Poseidon
Kylee hadn't been the first to volunteer for this quest. With a child of Athena? Please, the demigod wasn't interested, but somehow she still got stuck with the job. Joy. Even after being at camp for so long, the girl hadn't gone on a quest. It wasn't a common thing, and Kylee guessed that most people would be thrilled at even the mention of a quest, but this daughter of Poseidon? No. She was definately not excited. As she packed in prepartation for the quest, she had to go digging through her things. What were they doing again? Oh, right, finding keys. "Smart goddesses remember where they put their damn tractor keys..." she thought as she continued stuffing objects in her pack. Kylee didn't even remember what she was carrying as she pushed the door of Cabin Three open, ready to meet up with her quest mates.

The demigod kicked the little layer of snow up that had accumulated as she passed. Kylee never really minded the cold weather, her leather jacket providing little warmth from the soft winds. Her clear blue eyes scanned the area for other demigods, remembering that she didn't know what they looked like. She felt little intrest in them, seeing that the quicker they found the keys, the sooner this would be over. Finding a pair of demigods, she raised an eyebrow. Kylee could've sworn that she heard her name, and guessed it to be her two questing mates. Conrad and Raz. Fun. "I'm here," The demigod replied.

She surveyed Raziel for a moment, raising an eyebrow. She seemed way to excited about finding keys. Kylee crossed her arms, continuing to watch the two. "So, Kansas, right?" the girl asked dryly, her eyes expecting a quick answer. She wasn't going to waste any time with this whole thing. Kylee never really thought she would miss camplife, and usually wanted to escape it, but she would much rather be inside the safe haven than out of it.

Questing Clothes Wooo
Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

PostSubject: Re: the mystery of the nonfunctional tractors - you've gotta be kidding me [Quest]   the mystery of the nonfunctional tractors - you've gotta be kidding me [Quest] I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 5:07 am

the mystery of the nonfunctional tractors - you've gotta be kidding me [Quest] 1sbbR

"Yeah," Conrad said, shrugging Raziel's arm off and taking a wary step to the left, his shoe scuffing against the snow. Did he have to put up with her queer and uncannily upbeat attitude for the entire quest? He was certain she was up to something. Well, at least Kylee seemed normal. That is, unless the demititan had something to do with the choosing.

"How would you prefer to travel?" Conrad asked, aiming the question at the daughter of Poseidon, unsure if her lineage would affect their various modes of transportation.

OOC:
Omg I somehow replaced this post with my next post so I'm gonna have to try my best to retrieve it from my memory.
GAHH.

Last edited by Summer~ on Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:04 am; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: the mystery of the nonfunctional tractors - you've gotta be kidding me [Quest]   the mystery of the nonfunctional tractors - you've gotta be kidding me [Quest] I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 5:53 am

Smirking, Raziel stepped back and looked over at Kylee, resisting the urge to heave an exasperated sigh. Was it just her luck that she had to end up with the most apathetic campers as quest partners? She couldn't see why they were so uninterested. Did they have something against keys? No matter though, Raz amended hastily. She was excited enough for all of them. Just imagine all the fun she could have with these two...

Chuckling a little, Raziel pulled her coat tighter around her figure as she listened to Conrad. It didn't take a genius to know that he hadn't aimed the question at her, but because she was, well, Raziel, she didn't hesitate to speak out of turn. "Can't we just take a plane or someth - oh, right. Poseidon. Never mind." She paused as she glanced at Kylee, blanching a little. It took her a few moments to realize that Kansas wasn't surrounded by water, and for that she was glad. She wouldn't be too pleased if they were to travel by boat. "I s'pose we could hitch a ride or something..." she trailed off, looking over at the daughter of Poseidon.
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: the mystery of the nonfunctional tractors - you've gotta be kidding me [Quest]   the mystery of the nonfunctional tractors - you've gotta be kidding me [Quest] I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 11:12 am

the mystery of the nonfunctional tractors - you've gotta be kidding me [Quest] Kyleeee

Kylee Abigail Reeds

Daughter of Poseidon
Kylee smirked, her blue eyes watching Conrad shrug Raz's arm off. "Looks like this is going to be a long quest," she thought distastefully. She pulled her backpack up over her shoulder again, her gaze drifting between the two demigods, and the large amount of space between them. She perked up at the mention of travel, but them remembered a key part of their prophecy.

' three demigods travel to the land of golden seas,
to retrieve what the grain goddess needs to be pleased,'

Something told Kylee that 'golden seas ' didn't refer to her comfort zone. Hearing Raz suggest a plane, the demigod's gaze widened into a glare at the demititan. "No planes," she said swiftly, her glare narrowing. "I don't do planes." She liked the girl's second suggestion much better. Surely they could just use a truck, or something, and have a fun road trip. Oh gods.

She shifted her weight to her left foot and nodded. "Okay, who knows how to drive?" Kylee asked, raising an eyebrow. She knew how, but never really had driven a vehicle. Surely it couldn't be that hard....

Questing Clothes Wooo
Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

PostSubject: Re: the mystery of the nonfunctional tractors - you've gotta be kidding me [Quest]   the mystery of the nonfunctional tractors - you've gotta be kidding me [Quest] I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 1:44 am

the mystery of the nonfunctional tractors - you've gotta be kidding me [Quest] TStVl

"You can," Conrad stated suddenly, before Raziel would have a chance to offer. He had a license, but he didn't particularly want to drive with the demititan in the same car. She was sure to try something. We'd most probably get into an accident, or worse, arrested within the first five miles. On the other hand, if Raziel herself drove them, they'd probably take enough wrong turns to reach there by the next year. Not that he minded, he'd be able to skip the goddamned Sadie Hawkins Dance then, but he didn't think Demeter would like to be kept waiting.

"So I'll assume we're not hitching because hitching involves taking a ride in someone else's car, and in that case, we wouldn't be driving. Though we'd be hard-pressed to find someone who'd take us all the way to Kansas." Conrad knew he could very well rent a car, but that would lead to questions on how he got the money, which he would rather avoid since his methods weren't exactly legal. "Which leaves us with either grabbing one from the junkyard downtown," he paused, debating on whether or not to pose his next suggestion. "Or borrowing one."

Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: the mystery of the nonfunctional tractors - you've gotta be kidding me [Quest]   the mystery of the nonfunctional tractors - you've gotta be kidding me [Quest] I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 3:04 am

Raziel huffed, folding her arms across her chest. Conrad had obviously foreseen her reaction. How else could he have cut her off before she even had a chance to speak? Still, she didn't particularly mind now, realizing that she would have a lot more freedom if she wasn't the one behind the wheel. There was just the question of finding their own set of wheels, and Conrad's first suggestion brought forth a frown from the demititan.

"Ew, no. We are not going to Kansas in a car from a junkyard." Raziel shuddered, but it wasn't because of the cold winter air. She was from a family of the upper class after all so naturally, the idea of being in some salvaged scrap metal was revolting to her. Additionally, she cocked an eyebrow at his second proposal. It wasn't exactly the suggestion that bothered her; she just didn't expect Athena Boy to come up with it. And it also intrigued her a little, how Kylee would respond to the idea. She didn't seem like the goody-two-shoes type, but that was as far as Raz could guess.

"You're kidding, right? Sounds like work, though." She clicked her tongue in deep thought. Not only did it sound like too much work, but having the cops on their tail for the whole duration of the quest didn't exactly appeal to her. "Gods, that'll have me ending up in jail if we get caught. Am I the only legal one here? Does that make me your legal guardian or what?" Oh gods, that sounds weird.

"Maybe our dear driver has something we could use, hmm?" She shot Kylee a grin. If the girl could drive, then maybe she had a car or something. Really, as long as she wasn't in some junkyard car, Raziel wouldn't throw a fit.
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: the mystery of the nonfunctional tractors - you've gotta be kidding me [Quest]   the mystery of the nonfunctional tractors - you've gotta be kidding me [Quest] I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 9:20 pm

Kylee Abigail Reeds

Daughter of Poseidon
Kylee raised an eyebrow at Conrad's suggestion. Was a son of Athena trying to get them to steal a car? Wow, that was a first. She crossed her arms and glanced over at Raz, then back over to Conrad. Stealing cars wasn't something that she was often interested in doing, especially when she had a few cars that she would be able to use, if needed.

Her blue eyes swiftly turning back to Raz, Kylee almost laughed. She could tell that the demititan wasn't interested in driving a junked car. Understandable, yet, the girl found this amusing. She guessed that Raz wasn't used to getting things that others had previously used, or in the junkyard's case, destroyed. "The junk car would fall apart on us," she pointed out.

'Does that make me your legal guardian or what?'

Kylee couldn't help but laugh. "No, you're not," she stated, brushing her black hair behind her ear. "Driver?" the demigod asked, almost laughing again. "I could, I mean, it's in good shape," she muttered, dragging her words on. Running her tongue over her teeth, Kylee sighed. "It's this way,"

She jogged down the hill, over to where the other campers' cars were parked. Everything from Priuses to Mini vans sat in the cold, frost sheeting the windows. The daughter of Poseidon stopped in front of a sea-colored, four door pickup. "It was my grandpa's..." she muttered, opening the driver's seat and starting the engine. Kylee let out a sigh of relief, hearing the pleasant hum of their ride.

Questing Clothes Wooo
Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

PostSubject: Re: the mystery of the nonfunctional tractors - you've gotta be kidding me [Quest]   the mystery of the nonfunctional tractors - you've gotta be kidding me [Quest] I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 11:14 pm

the mystery of the nonfunctional tractors - you've gotta be kidding me [Quest] TStVl

They both looked surprised at his suggestion. He tilted his head in amusement. "I do what I need to get what I want. Surely there's nothing wrong with that." Then at Raziel's comment, Conrad snickered, "No. You're more like that ten year old annoying sister."

As they trudged down the hill, out of campus, he felt strangely relieved. He let his mind wander, literally, spreading out his consciousness, so that he would be able to know if anything or anyone with malicious intent approach. He wasn't able to do that in camp, since there were too many campers thinking all sort of wild thoughts, and there wasn't a need to care much for safety. Conrad could sense the tiny inhabitants living in the wild, as well as the minds of his two companions. Even though he refrained from reading their minds, not curious at all on what they were thinking about, time to time, he would still accidentally catch some thoughts.

Conrad looked at the car and frowned before asking bluntly, "How fast does this thing go? We're about two thousand four hundred kilometres away from Kansas and I'm not spending two whole days straight stuck in anything that goes below a hundred and twenty-four miles per hour driving to Kansas." He didn't care how he sounded. No way was he going to spend all that time in an enclosed space with certain company he knew he would sooner or later want to put a straitjacket on. If this car went fast enough, sure, Conrad wouldn't mind taking it. "And you might want to remember that whatever car we're taking is most likely not gonna make it back," he pointed out.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: the mystery of the nonfunctional tractors - you've gotta be kidding me [Quest]   the mystery of the nonfunctional tractors - you've gotta be kidding me [Quest] I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 12:04 am

Raziel laughed along with Kylee but abruptly stopped at Conrad's remark. She rolled her eyes and stuck her tongue out at him, not realizing that the gestures only lived up to what he had said about her.

Following her companions down the hill, Raziel used the short amount of time to think. The two seemingly made decent questmates and weren't the kind of people she would want to pelt with fire balls for reasons other than pranking them, which was overall a good thing. She had little problem with Conrad, having met him before, and while she had yet to form a solid opinion about Kylee, Raziel figured for now that she wasn't half bad. Not someone who would wind up on her bad side, thankfully. I suppose it could be worse, she thought. Imagine if you had someone like Delly as a partner... Ugh, don't even think about it.

Careful not to slip on the snow, Raziel stopped just close enough to catch both their comments and resisted the urge to roll her eyes as Athena Boy pretty much announced his disapproval. "Jeez, what a grouch," she muttered. Taking note of what the daughter of Poseidon said about the pickup previously belonging to her grandfather, Raziel frowned and gave her a look of concern. "Hotshot's got a valid point though. I mean, we should bring something we wouldn't mind getting destroyed. With a Titan kid, a Big Three kid and an Athena kid on the loose, who knows how many monsters would be out to get us?"
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: the mystery of the nonfunctional tractors - you've gotta be kidding me [Quest]   the mystery of the nonfunctional tractors - you've gotta be kidding me [Quest] I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 9:36 am

Kylee Abigail Reeds

Daughter of Poseidon
Kylee's expression went sour once Conrad began talking. She remembered why she disliked Cabin Six's inhabitants so much. They never shut up, and they always always had to be right. She nodded in agreement to Raz's comment, crossing her arms again. "It goes fast enough, smart--" she began, before cutting herself off. She could feel the anger boiling inside her from the boy's comment, but also had to tell herself that it wasn't worth it, especially when they were on a quest.

Bitting her tongue, she looked at the truck. Kylee never really remembered using the thing, and figured that it would put up a good fight against a monster. "Its fine, I never use it anyways," she replied. Kylee's gaze lay on the driver's seat before she looked up at her questmates again. "Ready, then?" she asked, sliding into the drivers seat. After leaving the truck on for those few minutes, the frost had disappeared off of her windshield, and was replaced with water droplets.

She rolled the window down on the opposite side of the car. "There's another seat in front and two in back," Kylee explained, personally not wanting to sit next to Mr. I-know-everything.

Questing Clothes Wooo
Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

PostSubject: Re: the mystery of the nonfunctional tractors - you've gotta be kidding me [Quest]   the mystery of the nonfunctional tractors - you've gotta be kidding me [Quest] I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 9:11 pm

Noticing Kylee's tone, he knew she was pretty worked up. Well, so long he was right, Conrad didn't care what anyone else thought. And why should he? You can't deny facts, after all, else that'd prove you were an idiot. "All right then, I hope you know how to drive."

Conrad got in the back, shutting the door behind him and locking both back doors telekinetically with a click. "Raz, you wanted to take shotgun, didn't you?" He said a tad innocently, his voice drifting out the open window, as if he cared about her choice. Nope, he had figured it out long before he entered the car: he was not, under any circumstances, sitting next to nor in front of that girl.

Last edited by Summer~ on Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: the mystery of the nonfunctional tractors - you've gotta be kidding me [Quest]   the mystery of the nonfunctional tractors - you've gotta be kidding me [Quest] I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 8:25 am

Raziel only had a split-second's notice before Conrad disappeared into the truck, shutting the door in her face before she can react. She quickly tried to get in after him but none of the back doors budged. Locked. Damn Athena Boy for thinking ahead.

"Yes, no thanks to you," Raziel muttered, resignedly taking the only seat left. "Well, Ky, looks like you're stuck with me." And whether that's a good thing or a bad thing remains to be seen.

Raz slightly rolled up the window beside her until it was barely an inch open, personally not wanting to feel any more of that cold winter breeze. She has had enough exposure to the snow now, thank you. Grinning widely, she pumped a fist into the air and pointed to the road ahead. "Time to move out, people! Let's roll."
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: the mystery of the nonfunctional tractors - you've gotta be kidding me [Quest]   the mystery of the nonfunctional tractors - you've gotta be kidding me [Quest] I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 11:31 pm

Kylee smirked at Conrad's reaction, locking himself in the back. Smart kid, figures. She didn't enjoy his snide little comments, but that could be ignored. "Yes I can drive, obviously," the demigods muttered as Raz got into the shot gun. Hearing her call Kylee by her mother's nickname stopped her for a moment, as she thought about the last time she heard that seven years ago."Right, hm," she replied, smiling softly.

Kylee laughed at the eldest demigod's enthusiasm and reversed the car. " I think I'm going to need a navigator, so whoever wants it, have a map," she stated, her hand grabbing the old fashioned map from her side door pocket. "We'll be driving for.a while."
Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

PostSubject: Re: the mystery of the nonfunctional tractors - you've gotta be kidding me [Quest]   the mystery of the nonfunctional tractors - you've gotta be kidding me [Quest] I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 2:22 am

Conrad took one look at the map and shot the daughter of Poseidon a pained look through the front mirror. "Kylee, that map is so outdated it probably has instructions telling you to swim directly across the pacific ocean." That thing looked like it belonged to her granddad's grandad. He had no tolerance for such antiqued means of navigation. "Just head over to the Long Island Expressway first."

He pulled out a device from his pocket. It looked like any iPhone at a glance to avoid suspicion, but a closer look would determine that it had no markings of any sort. Just a simple, sleek rectangle of silver, thinner than half an actual iPhone, yet heavier than it should be. Conrad had it plated with carbon steel. It could be mistaken or disguised as a paperweight, with no visible screen. Once Conrad activated it though, a hidden LCD screen showed up, ready for use. It could do anything from rewrite entire softwares to hacking secured networks or deactivating alarms and honeypots. Conrad had installed a built in fingerprint scanner and bug detector. It even charged wirelessly. Was it illegal? Not in that sense, mostly. Was the labyrinth illegal to be built? Nope, because nobody would imagine such a thing exists. So either way, it was correct to assume that it would have a GPS system with it.

Conrad tapped a map application he designed himself, and manually selected the route to Kansas. There were some places he wished to avoid, and in fact, with the now seating arrangement, he didn't mind how long the trip took, especially if it meant he would be able to skip the Sadie Hawkins Dance. With his device, he accessed the car's radio feed and switched the stations. NPR's blurry feedback stopped, and instructions suddenly blared loudly from the speakers, connected to the GPS system in his phone. Conrad cringed. "Turn that down, would you?"

Last edited by Summer~ on Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: the mystery of the nonfunctional tractors - you've gotta be kidding me [Quest]   the mystery of the nonfunctional tractors - you've gotta be kidding me [Quest] I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 4:10 am

Raziel rolled her eyes as she took Kylee's map. She gave it one look before realizing that she couldn't even make sense of it. Darned dyslexia. Sighing, she started folding it into a paper airplane until she caught sight of the rearview mirror.

"An iPhone? Are you serious? We're not even ten minutes into this quest and you're already asking to be attacked by monsters?" She cut off just as the radio began issuing instructions that all but broke her eardrums. What the hell? An iPhone that had the power to switch radio stations?

Raziel scowled, catching Conrad's annoyed remark behind her. What ever happened to 'please?' Slipping her headphones back on and letting Party Rock Anthem fill her ears instead, Raziel reached for the radio knob. With the headset muffling outside sounds, Raz smirked and turned the volume all the way up.

Ha, Athena Boy was so going to regret making her take shotgun.
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: the mystery of the nonfunctional tractors - you've gotta be kidding me [Quest]   the mystery of the nonfunctional tractors - you've gotta be kidding me [Quest] I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 4:59 pm

Kylee Abigail Reeds

Daughter of Poseidon
Kylee looked in her mirror and smirked at Conrad. "I would be perfectly fine with swimming across the Pacific Ocean," she replied, grinning. Beginning the path over to the Long Island Expressway, she wondered how long it had been since she had left camp. A long time, for sure. She was too distracted by the driving that she didn't notice the glow of Conrad's device until the light shone in her rear view mirror. Kylee almost stopped the car, her mind blasting a simple message. "An iPhone? Seriously!" However, it seemed that Raz beat her to it.

Kylee raised an eyebrow at the sixteen year old in the back, letting the oldest handle this situation. "If we get attacked, we're offering you as monster bait," she hissed over her shoulder, before the radio began to blast. Almost taking her hands off the wheel, the daughter of Poseidon yelled,"What the hell Conrad?" She couldn't even think straight, inwardly groaning. Of all the people in the world, why an Athena kid? Surely anyone else would've sufficed?

She personally envied Raz, having her headphones to listen to. Kylee did, however, perk up, the sound of Party Rock Anthem filling her eardrums instead. The demigod smiled in approval at Raziel, smirking as she drove down the expressway.
Questing Clothes Wooo
Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

PostSubject: Re: the mystery of the nonfunctional tractors - you've gotta be kidding me [Quest]   the mystery of the nonfunctional tractors - you've gotta be kidding me [Quest] I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 1:20 am

Amused at Kylee's reaction, he put the phone back into his pocket. "Stereotypical," Conrad said neutrally, "The existence of a mobile phone is not what causes monsters to track demigods. Else you might as well ban all electronic devices. They get attracted only when calls are made and voices transmitted." Either way, it's not an iPh- Conrad let the thought fade off before he could say it aloud. No way did Raziel need to know.

As he saw her reach for the volume switch, it was evident she wasn't about to turn the volume down. He ignored the increase, fighting the urge to wince, and eying the demi-titan's iPod instead. To be exact, the iPod's volume buttons. Conrad watched it awhile with an apparent lack of interest, tilting his head to the side. Then he looked distractedly out of the window, mentally turning the volume to the max.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: the mystery of the nonfunctional tractors - you've gotta be kidding me [Quest]   the mystery of the nonfunctional tractors - you've gotta be kidding me [Quest] I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 5:53 am

Seconds later, the headphones that have once been Raziel's lifesaver now lay in a tangled heap of wires on her lap, with said demititan shooting off curses at the speed of light as she slammed her hands against her tortured ears. She reached for the knob, this time turning the volume down to spare anybody else from the eardrum-shattering noise. She glared at Conrad through the rearview mirror. There was no doubt in her mind that he was the culprit. After all, who else could turn her iPod's volume to max without even touching the controls?

"If you have the nerve to do something like that, then you could've just turned the damn volume down yourself in the first place." She didn't seem to realize how unnaturally loud her voice had become, all thanks to the incessant ringing in her ears. She was so going to get revenge, but she would have to wait until her hearing has gone back to normal.

Taking quick breaths to calm herself, Raziel directed her next question at Kylee. "How much longer 'til I can get out of this car and kick this know-it-all's ass?"
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: the mystery of the nonfunctional tractors - you've gotta be kidding me [Quest]   the mystery of the nonfunctional tractors - you've gotta be kidding me [Quest] I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 10:25 pm

Kylee Abigail Reeds

Daughter of Poseidon
Kylee raised an eyebrow as the demititan next to her began muttering strings of curse words. Impressed at the speed of Raz's voice, the girl drove on like nothing had happened. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw Raziel turning down the volume. Conrad. Narrowing her eyes at her rear view mirror, the demigod shot the boy an unimpressed death glare. She was amused by his control for electronics, and slightly jealous, but angered by him none the less. Athena kids... she thought bitterly.

Cringing at the volume of Raz's voice, she scooted the other direction in her chair, still slightly amused. Oh, and they hadn't even been with each other for more than an hour. This was just going to be a blast. She guessed what Conrad had done, guessing he had just blown the demititan's hearing. Wonderful, might as well just take away more senses from the people who would need it most as they left the edges of camp.

Laughing at Raz's question, she watched the road signs. "Anytime really, I can pull over if you want," she replied, smirking at her. Kylee knew it was unreasonable, considering they hadn't even left New York yet. This was going to be a really long drive. "I think you should wait a while though, until we leave NYC at least."
Questing Clothes Wooo
Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

PostSubject: Re: the mystery of the nonfunctional tractors - you've gotta be kidding me [Quest]   the mystery of the nonfunctional tractors - you've gotta be kidding me [Quest] I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 7:06 am

"Its instinct, Raziel," Conrad replied lazily, amused at her torrent of colourful vocabulary. "You see, when something bothers you, you ask the person nearest to it to deal with it. My second reaction would've been accidentally blasting the whole thing apart, and Kylee wouldn't want that, would she?"

Conrad's eyes flickered to the rear-view mirror, staring out, watching the signs on the road. There were some places he wished to avoid. Particularly places in New York.

Lu, post the location or take the wrong
direction or make something happen D:
Its getting hard to reply ><

Last edited by Sapphire on Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:04 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: the mystery of the nonfunctional tractors - you've gotta be kidding me [Quest]   the mystery of the nonfunctional tractors - you've gotta be kidding me [Quest] I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 9:04 am

Conrad made his reasoning sound so logical, but that hadn't stopped Raziel from scowling at him through the mirror. At least Kylee was on her side. "Thanks," she said, managing a grin back. "I'd make him sorry for it now, but I really don't want to set your car on fire." If it were Conrad's vehicle they were riding... well, let's just thank the gods that it wasn't. Else they'd be sitting in a pile of ash by now.

Throwing Conrad one last dirty look, Raziel put her headphones back on. She could still feel her ears tingling, but she'd rather listen to Taylor Swift than hear the son of Athena's voice again, if ever he decided to speak once more. Her blood was no longer boiling but it still simmered, and she would rather not risk heating it up. She cared enough for Kylee to not do any lasting damage to her car. And she was not feeling up to traveling who-knows-how-many-miles on foot.

ooc: if nothing exciting happens Raz is going to sleep xD
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: the mystery of the nonfunctional tractors - you've gotta be kidding me [Quest]   the mystery of the nonfunctional tractors - you've gotta be kidding me [Quest] I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 4:24 pm

Kylee Abigail Reeds

Daughter of Poseidon
Kylee shot a glare at her rear view mirror once more. As much as she didn't use her grandfather's truck, she still liked it at least, and preferred it didn't get blown up anytime soon because Conrad was bored. She cast a nod and a small smile at Raz, glad she didn't want the vehicle to be in ruins anymore than she did.

Driving down the road, she sighed at the silence that had formed with Raziel on her music, and Conrad keeping to himself. Ky's blue eyes watched the road lazily, hoping no one tried to be stupid in or outside of the car. She would prefer not to walk all the way to Kansas, or hitch hike for that matter. The sun was still high in the sky, but she knew they wouldn't make it to their destination tonight. After four hours Kylee pulled over at a gas station so they could stretch their legs a bit.

occ: Time Skip?

click yup

Last edited by Moon on Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

PostSubject: Re: the mystery of the nonfunctional tractors - you've gotta be kidding me [Quest]   the mystery of the nonfunctional tractors - you've gotta be kidding me [Quest] I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 3:40 am

Conrad glanced out of the window. For that four hours, he spent about half of it thinking about the prophecy, and so had quite an idea what it was about to happen. He used the rest of the time to keep watch. They did nearly venture near some lair of a mythical creature twice.

However, when they pulled into the gas station, he wasn't thinking about the quest at all. Neither did he care exactly where they were. The only thing he actually looked at was the convenience store nearby. He was just so frickin' hungry. Conrad didn't deal with hunger well either, coming from a well-off family and rarely having to wait for a meal. He got out of the car, saying to Kylee, "Just fill it up entirely, I'll pay."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the mystery of the nonfunctional tractors - you've gotta be kidding me [Quest]   the mystery of the nonfunctional tractors - you've gotta be kidding me [Quest] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

the mystery of the nonfunctional tractors - you've gotta be kidding me [Quest]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next