Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Hello, New York! [Private w/ Summerrr!]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
annika.

annika.

Hello, New York! [Private w/ Summerrr!]  Empty
PostSubject: Hello, New York! [Private w/ Summerrr!]    Hello, New York! [Private w/ Summerrr!]  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 7:42 am

take the streets all night cause we sleep all day.

Hello, New York! [Private w/ Summerrr!]  Tumblr_m1qa8ty2eb1qdmoujo1_500

BLAKE DE LORETTE
son of demeter

Blake walked down the streets of New York, staring in awe at the concrete jungle. It was his first time out in America since he came to Camp Half-Blood and he wasn't going to waste any second of it.

He didn't know how he was able to leave camp, but he left that thought at the back of his head. He loved America from the second he stepped down from the plane, but he never really got the chance to see it until now. Goodbye, France. Hello, New York!

Dressed in a leather jacket over a plain white t-shirt, jeans, and sneakers, Blake was enjoying his tourist-y day in Manhattan. He visited the MET, where he was fascinated by all the art and bought a hot dog from a stand, like what he saw on Grand Theft Auto IV which he played back home in France. His next stop? Dylan's Candy Bar.

Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

PostSubject: Re: Hello, New York! [Private w/ Summerrr!]    Hello, New York! [Private w/ Summerrr!]  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 7:58 am

Hello, New York! [Private w/ Summerrr!]  WetsI

Amber was longing for some sugary treats, since the camp store didn't sell any. So she was prowling Dylan's Candy Bar looking for something to sneak back to camp. She was wearing a sky-blue hoodie, a lavender top with jeans and sneakers - her regular attire, looking as normal as can be.

Of course, she did keep her magic weapon everywhere she went, so it was now lying innocently in her pocket, till Amber wished to use it. I wish I brought my bow, she thought. Her bow and quiver would look rather odd on her back when she walked down the streets, so she left it back in her cabin. Somehow, she felt vulnerable without it. Oh well.

"What should I buy?" she murmured to herself.
Back to top Go down
http://shadow-charmer.deviantart.com/
annika.

annika.

PostSubject: Re: Hello, New York! [Private w/ Summerrr!]    Hello, New York! [Private w/ Summerrr!]  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 8:08 am

BLAKE DE LORETTE
son of demeter

Blake's eyes lit up when he took in the sight of Dylan's Candy Bar. It was heaven. Oh boy, he thought. Dad would sure love this!

At the sudden reminder of his dad, Blake's excited expression changed to a glum one. He believed that his dad abandoned him because he was different. The first place he brought him to in America was Camp Half-Blood and told him that he would never see him again. What a great dad.

He picked up a basket and loaded it with candy. He was so excited about buying the sugary sweets that he didn't realize he accidentally bumped into a girl.

"Oh, I'm very sorry!" he apologized nervously, his slight French accent evident. "It was an accident! I'm sorry!"

Last edited by paradigma on Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

PostSubject: Re: Hello, New York! [Private w/ Summerrr!]    Hello, New York! [Private w/ Summerrr!]  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 8:16 am

Amber was deciding on some chocolates when some force bumped into her abruptly. Her first reaction was to step back warily and reach for her weapon. But her hand stopped at her pocket when she saw that it was just boy, about her age, also buying candy.

"Oh it's alright."
She replied, smiling. Then her mind brushed against something familiar. Magic...? Was it coming from him? As a child of Hecate, she was able to sense magical beings such as demigods or items embedded with enchantments. She immediately snapped her head back to study the boy more carefully.
Back to top Go down
annika.

annika.

PostSubject: Re: Hello, New York! [Private w/ Summerrr!]    Hello, New York! [Private w/ Summerrr!]  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 8:24 am

BLAKE DE LORETTE
son of demeter

Blake smiled shyly at the girl. He always wasn't good with words since English wasn't his first language. He thought about walking away but the girl seemed really pretty and he wasn't going to give up on the chance to talk to a pretty girl from America.

"Je suis Blake," he introduced himself in French, deciding to show off his foreign language skills. "You are?"

Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

PostSubject: Re: Hello, New York! [Private w/ Summerrr!]    Hello, New York! [Private w/ Summerrr!]  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 8:31 am

Although she was still skeptical whether the traces of magic came from him, and whether he meant her harm or not, Amber decided on the friendly approach. Heck, why not?, she thought. He seemed friendly enough.

"Hello Blake. You can call me Amber."
she replied, smiling back. "You're french?"
Back to top Go down
annika.

annika.

PostSubject: Re: Hello, New York! [Private w/ Summerrr!]    Hello, New York! [Private w/ Summerrr!]  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 8:39 am

BLAKE DE LORETTE
son of demeter

"Oui," Blake nodded. "I moved to America a few years ago. Although, I haven't been to any of the tourists spots. Thought I'd try it out today." he shrugged.

"Amber," he repeated her name. "That's a pretty name."

He also wanted to add that just like her name, she was pretty too. But he thought that would creep her out. He also left out the fact that his real nickname was Toast. No way was he going to embarrass himself with that name again.

Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

PostSubject: Re: Hello, New York! [Private w/ Summerrr!]    Hello, New York! [Private w/ Summerrr!]  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 8:44 am

French.. How interesting. Amber thought. Now to find out....

"Thanks!" She smiled. Now that she got to look at him properly, he did seem pretty cute. "Wow, you're French.. That's so cool.. So where do you reside, in America?"
Back to top Go down
annika.

annika.

PostSubject: Re: Hello, New York! [Private w/ Summerrr!]    Hello, New York! [Private w/ Summerrr!]  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 9:02 am

BLAKE DE LORETTE
son of demeter

"Just a place around Long Island," Blake answered. That didn't seem too sketchy, right?

He was taught to be cloudy when it came to information about himself. Since you never know who you're talking to. Luckily that wasn't a problem for the fifteen year old. The French native was full of surprises.

"What about you?"

Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

PostSubject: Re: Hello, New York! [Private w/ Summerrr!]    Hello, New York! [Private w/ Summerrr!]  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 9:15 am

Amber stiffened slightly, but smoothed her reaction almost immediately. Long Island? That's where the camp is...

"Really? I live somewhere there too. What a coincidence." She replied, picking out a big round lollipop for fun from the stand.

That's when things happened suddenly. Amber dropped the candy by accident, and before it had time to smash into smithereens, she reached down sharply to grab it back. Magic assisted her unconsciously, and it flew the last 2 inches into her outstretched hand.

Amber bit back a curse, straightened and flicked her hair back, Hoping that Blake didn't see the last part. If not it would have been too obvious.
Back to top Go down
annika.

annika.

PostSubject: Re: Hello, New York! [Private w/ Summerrr!]    Hello, New York! [Private w/ Summerrr!]  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 9:21 am

BLAKE DE LORETTE
son of demeter

Blake's blue-green eyes widened when he saw the lollipop jump back into her hands. Did that just happen?

He eyed her cautiously before grabbing her hand and pulling her to the check-out line. "We need to talk. Come. I'm paying for your candies."

Who exactly was Amber? She told him that she also lived in the Long Island region, where camp is. Could she be a half-blood as well?

He decided that they were going for a stroll in Central Park

Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

PostSubject: Re: Hello, New York! [Private w/ Summerrr!]    Hello, New York! [Private w/ Summerrr!]  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 9:32 am

((Lawlz, I was so tempted to put *GOT DRAGGED*... xP))

Amber let herself be pulled to the counter, but insisted on paying for the candy herself. Dang it! He must have noticed. Would he find out?

So there was only one question in her mind as she reached for some coins to pay the cashier. Did he mean her harm, or not?
Back to top Go down
annika.

annika.

PostSubject: Re: Hello, New York! [Private w/ Summerrr!]    Hello, New York! [Private w/ Summerrr!]  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 9:42 am

BLAKE DE LORETTE
son of demeter

As Blake noticed she was about to pull some cash out form her pocket, he touched her hand. "Save it. I have money." he waved a hundred dollar bill before handing it over to the cashier. His dad gave him a wad of cash when he arrived in America and he had yet to spend it.

He packed up the candies and led her outside. Blake hauled a cab and gave directions to the driver to take them to Central Park Zoo. Hey, just because he was going to talk to her doesn't mean he has to stop with the tourist locations.

Blake went out the taxi in his side of the car and proceeded to Amber's side of the car, holding the door out for her. "Come on, Amber."

Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

PostSubject: Re: Hello, New York! [Private w/ Summerrr!]    Hello, New York! [Private w/ Summerrr!]  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 9:59 am

Amber widened her eyes at the note then muttered, "Thanks." She did not really like owing anybody anything, for it seemed like a weakness.

As she rode in the car, she wondered what he wanted to tell her about, though she did have her suspicions. She wasn't really afraid. I can do more damage to him than he can to me. She got out and nodded her thanks to him. Then she looked around the place. It amused her.

"A zoo?"
Back to top Go down
annika.

annika.

PostSubject: Re: Hello, New York! [Private w/ Summerrr!]    Hello, New York! [Private w/ Summerrr!]  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 10:07 am

BLAKE DE LORETTE
son of demeter

Blake shrugged, a smile forming on his face. "Too random? I told you I haven't been to any of the tourist spots in New York. I'm not gonna let a little chat get in the way of that."

Blake felt more at ease around Amber. He had a suspicion that she could be a demigod, not a monster.

He paid for their tickets and led her inside the zoo. "What do you want to check out first?"

Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

PostSubject: Re: Hello, New York! [Private w/ Summerrr!]    Hello, New York! [Private w/ Summerrr!]  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 10:16 am

She bit her lip. He paid again.

"I haven't been here before, honestly. Anywhere's fine. What did you
want to talk to me about?"
Amber asked him, a little amused by his
Places of Interest visiting obsession.
Back to top Go down
annika.

annika.

PostSubject: Re: Hello, New York! [Private w/ Summerrr!]    Hello, New York! [Private w/ Summerrr!]  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 10:32 am

BLAKE DE LORETTE
son of demeter

"Hey, don't worry about paying me back, okay? When my dad brought me to camp, he gave me cash in case of emergency." Blake assured her when he noticed her bite her lip when he paid for their tickets.

Merde, he swore in his head. He realized he slipped out the word camp. That was so vague of you, Toast. Je suis officiellement stupide.

He looked at Amber before averting his gaze to his sneakers. "Sorry." he mumbled and continued to walk across the zoo.

Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

PostSubject: Re: Hello, New York! [Private w/ Summerrr!]    Hello, New York! [Private w/ Summerrr!]  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 10:54 am

Camp? Amber decided to drop all pretenses and spill the beans.

She caught up with him and tugged his arm, asking casually, "Did Chiron let you, or did you sneak out?"

If he were a demigod, then he should know she was one too. If not, well, it would sound like gibberish to a mortal with no knowledge of Greek Mythology.
Back to top Go down
annika.

annika.

PostSubject: Re: Hello, New York! [Private w/ Summerrr!]    Hello, New York! [Private w/ Summerrr!]  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 11:04 am

BLAKE DE LORETTE
son of demeter

Blake halted, looking down at Amber. He studied her. She seemed like one of those good girls who only left camp for quests. But then again, he had run into her while buying candy. He leaned closer to her face, whispering in her ear.

"What do you think?" he smirked. "I snuck out, of course. Camp can be really boring at times. And I wanted to see America."

Blake ran his fingers through his brown hair. "Are you on a quest?"

Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

PostSubject: Re: Hello, New York! [Private w/ Summerrr!]    Hello, New York! [Private w/ Summerrr!]  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 11:09 am

Amber let out a short grin. "Nah. Didn't sneak out or anything either. I simply walked out. Nobody stopped me since the campers on watch didn't spot me."

"So perhaps I should introduce myself properly. I'm Amber Swift, Cabin 15. Nice to meet you."
Back to top Go down
annika.

annika.

PostSubject: Re: Hello, New York! [Private w/ Summerrr!]    Hello, New York! [Private w/ Summerrr!]  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 11:25 am

BLAKE DE LORETTE
son of demeter

"Blake de Lorette," he re-introduced himself, grinning down at her. "Cabin 4. That explains the lollipop trick."

Looking down at his map, he decided to go to the polar bears. "When did you come to camp?"

Blake's eyes widened in excitement when they reached the polar bears. Even in France he hasn't been to a zoo. He grabbed Amber's hand and pulled her closer.

"I wish I had a camera." he sighed. Blake didn't know whether or not he would be able to visit again. Maybe one day . . .

Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

PostSubject: Re: Hello, New York! [Private w/ Summerrr!]    Hello, New York! [Private w/ Summerrr!]  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 6:54 pm

"Haha, yeah. I came about... 2 years ago? I can't really remember." Then as they reached the polar bears, she felt him grabbing onto her hand. That surprised and made her uneasy for some reason, though she didn't show it.

I do that to all my friends anyway, no big deal.. right?

They aren't all boys, are they?

Well, no.. Wait a second, what are you doing here?

Watching you.

Amber whipped around, scanning her surroundings. Then she spotted her, a grey spot amongst the white fur of the polar bears.

Be careful, Cinder. I don't think were-cats and polar bears mix well together.

She scoffed. Worry about yourself.

Amber shrugged and turned her attention back.
Back to top Go down
annika.

annika.

PostSubject: Re: Hello, New York! [Private w/ Summerrr!]    Hello, New York! [Private w/ Summerrr!]  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 10:13 pm

BLAKE DE LORETTE
son of demeter

Blake frowned. If she arrived two years ago then he had already been at camp but has never seen her. He thought that they should've met a long time ago at camp. She seemed like a nice girl and Blake would really love to be her friend.

"Oh. Umm . . ." he stuttered. He was never good at making conversation. One, because he was really shy around new people. Two, because he couldn't really speak that much English. "Could you always do, umm, magic?"

Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

PostSubject: Re: Hello, New York! [Private w/ Summerrr!]    Hello, New York! [Private w/ Summerrr!]  I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 6:07 am

"Yep, I can. Wanna see?" Amber offered, eyes sparkling. She loved her exceptional ability, and couldn't imagine what she would be without it. Magic has always been a part of her, and will always be.
Back to top Go down
annika.

annika.

PostSubject: Re: Hello, New York! [Private w/ Summerrr!]    Hello, New York! [Private w/ Summerrr!]  I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 6:16 am

BLAKE DE LORETTE
son of demeter

"Right here?" Blake was kinda worried. Around this crowd? Wouldn't it be a little too obvious? "Wouldn't that be a little, uhh, noticeable?"

If they were alone, he would probably show off his powers too. But he knew they wouldn't be as cool as Amber's. After all, what did a child of Demeter have? Expertise at cooking at baking. Blake could turn something temporarily into a plant. His powers were kinda lame, but they were better than nothing.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello, New York! [Private w/ Summerrr!]    Hello, New York! [Private w/ Summerrr!]  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello, New York! [Private w/ Summerrr!]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next