Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Festival of Lights [o p e n]

Go down 
+16
moon
libby
cher
Mark_Son of Hermes
RedPhoenix
Essie Bear
Sonica
Soar
GreenPaint
Echo92
firelord zuko
dean
wtfluffy
RachieFizzy!
selene
Angel
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
libby

libby

Location : Right there... No, there... No, just right there... NO! RIGHT THERE!!!!! must I do everything myself?

Festival of Lights [o p e n] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Festival of Lights [o p e n]   Festival of Lights [o p e n] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 3:27 pm

I smile as I walk over to the large clearing in the forest, placed specifically for the festival of lights. I was pretty lonely. I had met a few nice people that didn't hate my guts. There was that Athena girl I met in the Library, and That Apollo girl that seemed to follow me out of camp. I had told both of them I wanted to talk to them again. Other then that I was in complete solitude. I walked over to a lantern and began painting a hourglass on it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Surprise!" I say leading Dani into the wide open clearing. "Festival of Lights." I large smile appeared on my face as I anticipate her reaction. "I thought it'd be a good time to get together," I manage through a grin. We both had pretty busy lives, so finding a place and time to get together was rare. Expecailly if we went to an event like this. Being a minor god, going off campus attracted some attention.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The world seems to swirl around me as I mindlessly walk through the dense forest. There were quite a few loud noises which caught my attention. Finally a stumble through into a large place, filled with other campers. I looked up and saw a few Draids looking semi disgusted at what they were doing to their nice perfect ground. Just like them. I quickly scan for anyone I knew. Penny would be nice to see, I just prayed I wouldn't see Kaylee. It was hard enough without seeing her. I can't walk past cabin 3 without thinking of her.
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: Festival of Lights [o p e n]   Festival of Lights [o p e n] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 4:58 pm

DANIELLE ROSE MAPLE
Festival of Lights [o p e n] - Page 2 Danirx
do you know what's worth fighting for? When it's not worth dying for?
DOES IT TAKE YOUR BREATH
AWAY AND YOU FEEL YOURSELF SUFFOCATING?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Dani smiled as Thais lead her to the festival of lights. She had wanted to go here since she heard about it, but had forgotten to ask her boyfriend if he wanted to come. "Aw Thais! You're the best!" Dani said, entwining their fingers. "How did you know I wanted to go." the demigod asked, smiling one more time. She couldn't wait to start painting a lantern for her father. Who knows, maybe the gods can see it from Mount Olympus.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Does the pain weigh out the pride?
And you look for a place to hide?

DID SOMEONE BREAK YOUR HEART INSIDE?
YOU’RE IN RUINS

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

KYLEE ABIGAIL REEDS
Festival of Lights [o p e n] - Page 2 Kyleei
if you leave me, I won’t miss you
AND I WON’T EVER TAKE YOU BACK
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Kylee walked into the Treetop Village, with no real intention of going to the festival of lights. She was just coming to look for a dryad who stole her shoes at the lake. Those were her good Nike's too! Kylee had been meaning to find the dryad for a while, and decided to look over in the village.

When coming to it, she had completely forgotten about the festival that had been taking place. She groaned, this meant she would have to look harder to find her shoes. Kylee put her hair up in a quick ponytail and pushed her sunglasses down at her nose. She wore shorts, a tank top, a dark blue shirt, and her white ballet flats.

Kylee was walking through the people, and accidentally ran into someone. It was a familiar someone. Cain. "Oh, I'm sorry!" she said at first, but then noticed his blonde hair and eyes. "Cain, uh... hi." Kylee said. standing up straighter and crossing her arms.

http://www.polyvore.com/kylees_wardrobe/set?id=45394954

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I don’t worship the ground you walk on
I NEVER HAVE AND THAT’S A FACT

Back to top Go down
tarasalem

tarasalem

PostSubject: Re: Festival of Lights [o p e n]   Festival of Lights [o p e n] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 7:05 pm

Tara Truscott:

Festival of Lights [o p e n] - Page 2 MeaghanM2

I watched as all of the people passed by as the light of festivals continued on. It was definitely a sight to behold, especially from my spot. I sat on a high treebranch right over the area. It was thick enough to hold me, though it's not like that would have been much of a problem in the first place. I was already so light as it was. I wore a white tanktop, shorts, and my favorite sneakers; something casual that was comfortable, but also nice enough to pull off at an event such as this. I suddenly spotted Christopher Knight, the son of Chronos that I had followed out of camp only days earlier. I was relieved at the sight of a familiar face. "Hey, Chris!" I shouted as he passed below me. A bright smile made it's way across my face.
Back to top Go down
libby

libby

Location : Right there... No, there... No, just right there... NO! RIGHT THERE!!!!! must I do everything myself?

PostSubject: Re: Festival of Lights [o p e n]   Festival of Lights [o p e n] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 8:30 pm

"Hey!" I shout turning around. "It's great to see you again! But how the Hades did you get up there?" I ask jokingly. She was quite high up though, for those of us who weren't used to climbing trees. I few moments earlier I had finished my lantern and it was setting to dry. The natural way. Now I was standing a ways back to see all of this girl that followed me to the old apartments. I felt terrible I couldn't remember her name.
"Just a lucky hutch I guess. It sounded like something you'd like to do. " I give the half-blood a large hug before setting my arm around he shoulders. I was making our way over to the table where the lanterns were placed. "So what's new with my favorite camper?" I ask in a loving manner.
I feel a solid shove and I look up to find someone very familiar to me. "Oh... Kylee," I could feel my heart breaking. I had said I was going to move on, and I did find someone new, but I still had feelings for Kylee. "How's life with your fiance going?" I ask. Aiden was a good guy, and if she was going to marry anyone, it should be him. Aiden and I weren't the best of friends, but I knew he was stand up guy; He'd care for Kylee.
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: Festival of Lights [o p e n]   Festival of Lights [o p e n] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 10:08 pm

DANIELLE ROSE MAPLE
DOES IT TAKE YOUR BREATH

Dani smiled and hugged him back before quickly walking over to the lantern table. She let out a light laugh and reached for one of the laterns. "Oh, nothing much. And you?" Dani asked, smiling up at her boyfriend. She always got caught in those beautiful eyes of him. Of course she never really told him that, but it was something to keep to herself, and remember when she wasn't with him.

Dani smiled at him again and laughed. "You have pretty eyes, did you know that?" she asked, the ADD kicking in. Dani instantly covered her mouth with her spare hand and giggled. "Sorry, that was random." she said.

YOU’RE IN RUINS

KYLEE ABIGAIL REEDS

Kylee gave him a half-smile and shrugged. She didn't want to tell him how she caught Aiden smoking, and she didn't know about the wedding, and how it was going. "It's great." she lied, biting her lip a little bit.

Kylee shifted her weight to her left foot and looked at the ground. "And um, how's Penny?" she asked, looking up to meet Cain's eyes. The demigod tried to keep the conversation going as much as she could. Kylee had really just lost things to say to Cain, ever since their dramatic break-up.

Back to top Go down
tarasalem

tarasalem

PostSubject: Re: Festival of Lights [o p e n]   Festival of Lights [o p e n] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 11:09 pm

"Not entirely sure how I got up here, actually. It's kind of second nature to me, honestly. I came to camp and it was something I just picked up over the year." I replied with a small laugh. I scooted back and locked by legs on the branch, swinging up-side-down. I grabbed a branch right underneath me and swung my legs off, my entire body swinging forward. I then leaped to another branch a few feet down and climbed easily down the rest of the distance. I had to lean against the trunk briefly as dizziness came over me from swinging around on the branches. The brief dizziness finally disappeared and I walked over with a smirk. "That was actually the first time I tried that stunt. Remind me to never do that again, please. I'm afraid if I try it again, I might slip and cause a concussion or something." I said with a small laugh. It hadn't been a joke, though. In all honesty, I'd gained five concussions over the length of time I'd been at camp, every single one caused from falling off of a tree. You'd think I would have learned by now. I glanced at the lantern he had painted and noticed the time symbol. I didn't need to wonder what it meant. The time symbol was the symbol of Chronos, so he'd obviously painted it in the thought of his father. I smiled, thinking I should probably do the same with my lantern. Then I stopped that thought and frowned. "I haven't painted a lantern yet." I realized suddenly.
Back to top Go down
Maybe

Maybe

PostSubject: Re: Festival of Lights [o p e n]   Festival of Lights [o p e n] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 10:46 am

Alden was new, barely had any idea what had suddenly happened to rupture his life. Some kind of goddess was his mother, but he had no plan to make a tribute to her. He grabbed a lantern and a black pencil, and twisted it around in his fingers absent-mindedly. He considered punching holes in it, but the lantern might not float. Still, it would express his feeling perfectly. He had hated going to camp, even for a week when he was younger, and now he was being forced to stay for the whole damn summer. Of course, that camp had been a hippy, everyone's my best friend, (Ugh.) kind of place, and this was a place where he could hone his fighting skillz and do pranks he had never dreamed of before.

He grabbed a brush, dipped it in white paint, and flicked it, splattering paint all over the lantern and his neighbours. He reached out to do the same with grey, ignoring dirty looks. Take this, mom! he thought, If I met you in real life, I'd throw paint at you.
Back to top Go down
libby

libby

PostSubject: Re: Festival of Lights [o p e n]   Festival of Lights [o p e n] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 9:05 am

"I think she's doing fine; you see her more then I do though." This was somewhat strange. I didn't seem fair to me that even though we split up that we had to avoid each-other. I wanted to love her even if I couldn't be with her. I could be to Kylee as Aiden is to Penny. Brotherly. Right now there was a something bothering me. Kylee was disturbed by something and I could tell. We had been together for long enough I was able to read her body language, and I was sure it was a two way street. Finally I couldn't hold it anymore. "Kylee what's wrong?" I blurt out, just trying to get it off my tongue.

"Thank you Dani. I would point out something that was beautiful, but I can't choose one." I say smiling. The ring sat in my back pocket, waiting. Now it seemed heavy for some reason. Why would it? It was basically 95% water. There was a water nymph that made it for me to give to Dani. She had apparently seen us together a lot. I didn't want to propose right now. I was afraid of what she would think. We had only dated for about 2 years now. But I guess in the mortal world that's a long time. And then there was the issue about me being Immortal... I had made up my mind in those few seconds, I wasn't going to propose right now. I was going to wait until I was ready.

~I'll post with chris when I get the time. I felt like I needed to get those two post done first~!
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: Festival of Lights [o p e n]   Festival of Lights [o p e n] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 8:02 am

DANIELLE ROSE MAPLE
DOES IT TAKE YOUR BREATH

Dani felt a light pink blush filling up most of her face. She felt her words drift away, as her eyes wandered over to the various paints and colored objects. There was a good variety of crafting objects over there. You had you average paints, crayons, and markers, but the table had more. There looked like some metal forms of various things, shiny stickers, and other things that Dani couldn't figure what were.

She glanced at Thais and gave him one of her signature smiles, then turned to the table. The Daughter of Apollo picked out some bright paints, stickers, and a bunch of other stuff.

YOU’RE IN RUINS

KYLEE ABIGAIL REEDS

Kylee nodded slowly. His reply made her uneasy, but she tried not to show it. Inside her, it seemed like she did see Cain more than Penny or Aiden too. "Oh, that's a little weird." Kylee commented softly. She was busy trying to avoid Cain's gaze. It would make her tell him everything, like she had done before. Kylee didn't want that.

She snapped her head up when he asked a question. The words were hard, and she took it as a hit. "Nothing."[ Kylee replied quickly, and almost harshly. It was a defensive thing. She let few people in now days, and so help it she was not letting Cain in.

Back to top Go down
libby

libby

PostSubject: Re: Festival of Lights [o p e n]   Festival of Lights [o p e n] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 8:36 am

I could fully understand Kylee not wanting to let me in on her life. It was the same way when she first told me she was engaged. I was trying to not feel frustration, but it was hard. Holding everything in and not letting go of it would kill you from the inside. . "Kylee, you don't need to shut me out." I set my hand on her shoulder and try to find a good place to hold a gaze. "Tell me what's wrong."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I wrap my arm around Dani, and look down at what she was crafting. She was good at whatever she tried to do. I place a kiss on her cheek and look out towards the distance. Finally I had to ask Dani something. "Dani, where would you say we were? In our relationship."

~muse died and choked on time. sorry~
Back to top Go down
FudgeeBear
Claymore Warrior
FudgeeBear

PostSubject: Re: Festival of Lights [o p e n]   Festival of Lights [o p e n] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 10:40 am

Meiko walked around the forest, her hand on Kyumi. She held her sun-shaped lantern in one hand. It was eerie quiet, and it made her feel jumpy. Finally, she arrived at the Treetop Village, and held up her lantern. Exclusive for Apollo. She even wrote down a short poem on the side.

Father, this is for you,
Please know I'm honoring you.
Although it's pretty obvious,
I just wanted to say,
for everything, thank you.

And a short prayer, still like a poem.

Oh Apollo, please help me,
To see my cousin dear.
I miss her so badly,
To find her, help me.

She stood by the side of a tree, grasping her lantern, but careful not to crush it. She looked at the night sky of the camp, feeling the soft wind. She bit her lip, and stayed quiet, lost in her thoughts.
Back to top Go down
http://brooklynhouse.forumtl.com
Maybe

Maybe

PostSubject: Re: Festival of Lights [o p e n]   Festival of Lights [o p e n] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 6:49 pm

Alden pulled out a pen and started making a little stick-person family. Him, his dad, his stepmom and his little stepbrother. It looked like a kindergartner doodle, but it was perfect for representing what Alden wanted it too: that he loved his family as much as any kindergartner did, and gods had no business tearing them apart.

Holding on to his lantern carefully, he made his way over to a girl about his age. She was-Korean? Maybe Japanese? Orient, that was for sure- and kinda cute. "Hey." he said, trying to give her his best Hey-you're-kinda-cute-are-you-single? grin.

Festival of Lights [o p e n] - Page 2 2pqjcz6
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: Festival of Lights [o p e n]   Festival of Lights [o p e n] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 8:01 pm

DANIELLE ROSE MAPLE
DOES IT TAKE YOUR BREATH

Dani accepted his kiss on the cheek, and returned it. She stopped her painting of a sun when she heard his question. Dani looked at him, and locked eyes. "I'm not sure..." she said, raising her eyebrow. "I mean, I love you. Is that what you're asking?" Dani asked. The demigod didn't understand why he was asking her this, but she tried to answer as best she could.

YOU’RE IN RUINS

KYLEE ABIGAIL REEDS

Kylee frowned at his reply, and looked at her feet. The trace of a steady frown pierced her often smiling lips. She shook her head, and took a rather deep breath. "Cain..." Kylee muttered, pushing his hand (rather forcefully) back to him. "Stay out of my life." she said, frowning deeply at him. Kylee wasn't going to crack for those eyes that she once loved. Now wasn't the time for him to be doing this to her, no no, not now. "You have Penny, okay? You can keep you hands to her." she spat, her eyes going dark, like a sea in a storm.

With that, Kylee was off. She spun on her heels and walked the other way. She could find her beloved Nike's another day. Right now, she was just not in the mood. If they weren't careful, Kylee would definitely hurt someone right about now. It didn't cross her mind that she most likely hurt Cain in saying those things.

Back to top Go down
FudgeeBear
Claymore Warrior
FudgeeBear

PostSubject: Re: Festival of Lights [o p e n]   Festival of Lights [o p e n] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 3:30 am

MEIKO FRONTIER||APOLLO||13
------------------

Meiko noticed a guy, maybe same age of her, coming. She looked away, swallowed, then tried to act casual. She fidgeted with her lantern, thinking, He needs something? to Kinda handsome to Be brave and face him! What's the matter with a single talk? But Meiko is just shy. Being a daughter of Apollo, she should be witty. Kind of like hot. Meiko thought, Should I place myself on fire? just to not disgrace Apollo.

Hey.

Meiko jumped, then faced the boy slowly. She offered him a shy smile, but something made Meiko hesitate. The guy's smile meant something. But she blurted out: "Hi," before even thinking about it.
Back to top Go down
libby

libby

PostSubject: Re: Festival of Lights [o p e n]   Festival of Lights [o p e n] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 11:16 am

"Kylee! Wait!" I say moving in a sprint to catch up to her. This wasn't the Kylee I dated. Something was seriously disturbing her, and it wasn't just me. What she said cut me like a knife, but I was a little bit to stubborn the let that stop me. "Why do you want me gone forever Kylee?" I was now in-front of her, somewhat blocking her path. "Something's bothering you and I'm not letting you go until you tell me what it is!" OK yeah... Maybe I did take it a bit to far, but she was hurting, and it was evident. Now was no time to let her have her way.

"I under stand that Dani..." I say my voice trailing off for a few moments. I reach in my back pocket to shove the ring down even further. "Let's not worry about the question. It wasn't important." My heart was going as fast as I thought it could. A pain staking look comes on my face I was force myself to explain the question. "Actually it is." The pain seemed to become greater now that I couldn't turn back. "How serious are we? From your perspective, how close are we really?"
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: Festival of Lights [o p e n]   Festival of Lights [o p e n] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 2:12 pm

DANIELLE ROSE MAPLE
DOES IT TAKE YOUR BREATH

Dani's eyebrows came together in confusion. Thais seemed to be at war with himself. She stopped her painting and set the brush back into the paints. Dani leaned back on her blows and played with the grass while he kept talking. His questions confused her even more. Why was he asking these things? How serious were they? Really? Her eyes got big and scared all of the sudden. "Thais, are you breaking up with me?" Dani asked, her voice almost cracking.

That was the message she was getting. Why else would he be asking how serious they were. Maybe there was some other immortal girl. Oh Gods. How could Dani compete with someone who was immortal like Thais?

YOU’RE IN RUINS

KYLEE ABIGAIL REEDS

Kylee was storming off when Cain cut her off. She crossed her arms and looked at the sky and tried not to look him in the eyes. "Cain, I never said that." the demigod insisted. She couldn't help it and she looked at him. "I wouldn't say that." Kylee added with a nod.

" Things are complicated, that's all." she said, her gaze looking at the ground. Kylee shoved his hands of of her again. She didn't want to touch him, talk to him, or let her feelings pour out in front of her. No, not now. "Let me go, will you?" Kylee asked, her eyes dark and filled with a mix of feelings.

Back to top Go down
Maybe

Maybe

PostSubject: Re: Festival of Lights [o p e n]   Festival of Lights [o p e n] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 8:53 pm

Perfect. An opening for a magic trick. Alden's dad had been an L.A. magician and had taught Alden a bunch of showy tricks, and he took every opportunity to use one. He flicked his thumb like he was lighting a lighter, and a flame flickered over his thumb. After a slight pause, making sure the girl could see, he lit his lantern and let it go, watched it spiral up to the sky. He blew out his thumb with a grin. "Hey. I'm Alden." He took a quick moment to stare at his lantern, and to make himself look thoughtful. "You?"
Back to top Go down
FudgeeBear
Claymore Warrior
FudgeeBear

PostSubject: Re: Festival of Lights [o p e n]   Festival of Lights [o p e n] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 4:22 am

MEIKO FRONTIER||APOLLO||13
------------------

Meiko's eyes widened. She watched in fascination as the boy showed her the trick. It was a trick, okay? Is he Hecate's? Meiko couldn't be sure. It was probably magic, or a prank. Could be Hermes.

The boy's thumb came in fire, and Meiko almost shouted in panic, her natural healing knowledge kicking in. She realized it was all right, and, together with the boy, her eyes trailed after his lantern. She held her lantern tightly, and brought out a lighter. Meiko let her lantern fly and disappear in the night sky with hopes.

She turned to the boy and smiled, her nervousness fading away. "Nice to meet you, Alden. I'm Meiko Frontier of Cabin 7." She offered her hand for a handshake.
Back to top Go down
Maybe

Maybe

PostSubject: Re: Festival of Lights [o p e n]   Festival of Lights [o p e n] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 5:15 pm

"Alden Cress of Cabin newbie." he said, shaking her hand and hoping his wasn't sweaty. He sat back on his elbows and looked at Meiko's lantern. It was really cool, like the sun in night, and looked a bit like an optical illusion, which reminded him of home. "Cabin seven? Oh yeah, that's...y'know, that one god,the one with the powers...sorry, I stink at memorising the cabin numbers."

He shut up and went back to watching the lantern. Sun god... he looked over at her. "Apollo?"
Back to top Go down
libby

libby

PostSubject: Re: Festival of Lights [o p e n]   Festival of Lights [o p e n] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 1:49 pm

"No, no, no, no, no!" I almost shout. I am afraid that it was a good as to late. Then almost without thinking I began speaking again. "It's not you!" I say meaning the reason I'm acting this way. "It's just, a few days back there was this nymph..." Oh dear gods. What was a doing? This almost sounded like a textbook break up. Even worse then that it sounded like I was dropping Kylee for someone better. Not better. I mean, someone immortal might be nice, just because I don't think I could go on without Dani.

"Let me think about that." I say in response to Kylee. "No. I told you you have to tell me what's wrong." She looked me in the eyes. If she was going to tell me, then I had her where I wanted her. Unfortunately, that happened to be right behind me with my pants around my ankles, meteorically speaking. It was no where good, but it was a start. Then I had this absolutely brilliant idea as to what rocked her boat. "It's about Aiden isn't it?"
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: Festival of Lights [o p e n]   Festival of Lights [o p e n] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 5:01 pm

DANIELLE ROSE MAPLE
DOES IT TAKE YOUR BREATH

Dani's eyes got wider, and the concern in them spread like fire. She couldn't understand what he was saying, and didn't even try. Hearing him say, 'no no no!', had made her feel better, but then when he began talking again things got worse. "It's not you!" What? Dani could only take it one way; she wasn't the one for him. She gulped and looked at her lantern, not being able to even glance his way. "There was this nymph..." Dani chose to stay silent instead of crying, knowing it wouldn't do them any good. "Thais, don't you dare break my heart slow." she said coldly. Dani had meant that if he was going to hurt her, he might as well hurry up and do it.

She sighed and closed her eyes, resting her head in her knees; which were pulled to her chest. She should've known this would happen. After all, Dani wasn't immortal. The nymph was. Whoever she was. The demigod was seriously doubting her self-worth.

YOU’RE IN RUINS

KYLEE ABIGAIL REEDS

Kylee frowned at him and redirected her face to the ground. Cain knew how she worked, well enough to pick out the pieces of her mind and what she was thinking. "You didn't need to ask." Kylee muttered, still not saying a thing other than that. She wasn't going to give in to him again, nope.

Kylee sighed and rubbed her wrist, trying to pry them from Cain. "I really don't want to talk right now." she mumbled.

*No muse on Kylee right now...*

Back to top Go down
libby

libby

PostSubject: Re: Festival of Lights [o p e n]   Festival of Lights [o p e n] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 10:07 pm

~haha I'm having to do so many post a day right now, it's amazing I still have muse at all.~

"Dani I'm not breaking up with you!" I say shocked at my own bravery for speaking. I had really screwed up this moment. I thought this would be when I proposed, but now I'm thinking other things. If Dani would even look at me again, it'd probably be another month or so before the thought crossed my mind about the ring.

I sigh and finally let Kylee go. She obviously didn't want to be near me now. I could understand. There was definitely a reason for us to avoid each-other. It was kinda funny how she thought she might be able to hid what was wrong. Instinctively, my hand shot up to the back of my head. "I'm finding out what's wrong, whether it's from you or your sister. It's really a matter of time." I had no clue how she'd respond to this. Kylee had seemed too change since I came back. I could still piece a story together with a glance. That was good.
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: Festival of Lights [o p e n]   Festival of Lights [o p e n] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 10:52 pm

DANIELLE ROSE MAPLE
DOES IT TAKE YOUR BREATH

Dani cautiously looked up at him, a contused look still painted her face. She brushed her hair out of her face, that had been whipped at her by the strong wind. "Well then who's this nymph?" she asked, with a pain to her words. The demigod was trying too hard not to say anything that would hurt them both more. "Thais- if it's because I'm mortal..." Dani said, gulping down the last of her pride.

"I understand."

Dani couldn't hold it, her eyes twinkled with little tears. Her hands quickly swiped them away from her face as she went back to her lantern and painted on it. Her face was as blank as a sky, and her bottom lip was trembling, tempting her to cry a little more. The daughter of Apollo kept her stubbornness, and avoided eye contact.

YOU’RE IN RUINS

Back to top Go down
libby

libby

PostSubject: Re: Festival of Lights [o p e n]   Festival of Lights [o p e n] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 8:25 am

Festival of Lights [o p e n] - Page 2 600full-shia-labeouf
Thais Running

How was I supposed to answer when she asked who the nymph was? Just a nymph that lives in the same pound as me? That'd go over real well, no matter how true it was. I was the only male nymph in the lake, which was home to many other nymphs. Just so I don't really start something, I lie. "I don't know Dani. I haven't seen her before or since." I pause to listen to what she was about to say. Then it hit me like a hammer. It was getting easier to see it from her view point. If it was hard for me to keep an immortal/mortal relationship, it must be a thousand times harder. "Dani, no. You know I love you!" I pause for a moment deciding where I wanted to go from this. After completely blowing it a moment ago, I needed the perfect words if it wasn't going to get ugly. "Do you remember when we met? At the dance, what was one of the things I told you? I said I'd give up my immortality for you. When I said it I meant it." An immortal telling a mortal they'd give up their immortality for them, may seem like a small thing to say to the mortal, but for the god, it was closer to saying they'll sacrifice their most prized possession to be with them. To gods, immortality was more valuable then all the gold in the world. It was precious.
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: Festival of Lights [o p e n]   Festival of Lights [o p e n] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 8:53 am

DANIELLE ROSE MAPLE
DOES IT TAKE YOUR BREATH

Dani bit her lip and winced at his first set of words. "I haven't seen her before or since..." Before so since what?! "Before or since what?" she asked softly. His words reassured her, but she didn't know about his words. Dani didn't know if she could trust them, no matter how they beckoned to her.

Dani looked at him when he said the words that made her heart even got red with a blush. "Thais..." she said softly. Dani bit her lip again, and began to braid a strand of hair in her face. She was way to confused to think.

YOU’RE IN RUINS

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Festival of Lights [o p e n]   Festival of Lights [o p e n] - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Festival of Lights [o p e n]
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next