Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Festival of Lights [o p e n]

Go down 
+16
moon
libby
cher
Mark_Son of Hermes
RedPhoenix
Essie Bear
Sonica
Soar
GreenPaint
Echo92
firelord zuko
dean
wtfluffy
RachieFizzy!
selene
Angel
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

Festival of Lights [o p e n] Empty
PostSubject: Festival of Lights [o p e n]   Festival of Lights [o p e n] I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 8:18 pm

The Festival of Lights
Dionysus, or Mr. D as he was known around Camp, waddled up to the top of tree trunk so that he stood looking over the group of demigods. The sun was just beginning to sink into the sky so everything in the tree-top village had an eerie yet beatuiful golden glow. Twinkling lights and paper lanterns of all shapes, sizes and colors hung from the branches of the large oak tree that was the center of the Tree-Top Village. Dionysus had ot admit, he had done a good job decorating. But he still did not wish to be here. But being "Mr. D, Camp Director" he had to be here. He sighed and rubbed the back of his neck with his sausage-like fingers. He cleared his throat and took a drink of the bottle of coke in his hands before he spoke. "This is going to be a new tradition. It was suggested by a few of our campers and will be something that we allow you to do every year," His sentence was cut off by cheering and Dionysus scowled. "Hush! Now, this is the first day of a special event called the Festival of Lights. It is a tribute and offering to all of the major and minor gods and goddesses. As you can see we have a large amount of paper lanterns sitting on that table over there," Dionysus paused to point to the multi-colored lanterns lying on the table. There were supplies of acrylic paint, stencils, pencils, scissors, paintbrushes and other art supplies sitting on the table as well. "At this festival you have the opportunity to honor your godly parent in a new way. Paint something to represent them on one of the lanterns. It can be anything you choose. Their symbol, a memory, anything you want really. Then tonight at midnight we are all going to release the lanterns into the sky. Heat from the fire will cause them to float upwards towards the heavens and towards your parent."
Dionysus paused, allowing everyone to examine the lanterns. Murmurs of what the demigods planned to do began to grow and build until the hum was almost unbearable to Dionysus' tender ears. He scowled and grumbled an inaudible string of curses. Hearing this, the group quieted down.
"This is an over-night event, meaning that you are able to spend the night here in the Tree-Top village if you wish. Now then. You have a few options as to your resting place for tonight. The satyrs and nymphs have graciously offered their humble abodes for those who wish to have shelter. All others may sleep in tents or out in the open here in the clearing.
Now then, let the Festival of Lights begin!"

With these words Dionysus stepped down from his perch and made his way over to the refreshment table. At this point, demigods were buzzing around to begin painting their lanterns. Dionysus took a sip of his coke. He scowled down at the red can full of carbonated brown liquid. 'Oh what I wouldn't do for wine right now,' he thought with a longing sigh.
Back to top Go down
http://z13.invisionfree.com/Adelphia/index.php?
selene
Honorary Staff Member
selene

PostSubject: Re: Festival of Lights [o p e n]   Festival of Lights [o p e n] I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 10:19 pm

julienne dupree, mania

A Festival of Lights? That seemed pretty tempting. Julienne made her way to the Treetop Village in time to hear Mr. D finish his speech. Who's idea was it to submit him to years at the dreadful camp? Oops, forget that last sentence. Don't want to anger any big, bad gods out there. Julienne was ready to meet people and have a little fun. She hadn't been up to anything lately, and she was confined to her room or her Camp schedule, two equally boring things.

When she reached the Treetop Village, she was greeted by the sound of Mr. D's voice and many happy dryades. She smiled at them and gathered with the rest of the crowd. They were cheering even though Mr. D told them to stop. When he finished his little speech, they dispersed, and Julienne walked around talking and meeting new people that she didn't know were even here.

Last edited by Clove on Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:30 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
RachieFizzy!
RachieFizzy!

PostSubject: Re: Festival of Lights [o p e n]   Festival of Lights [o p e n] I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 10:36 pm

We all carry these things; Inside that no one else can see
Travis Sykes, Son of Athena
Travis walked down to the Festival of lights. The sunset was absolutely breath-taking, also very romantic for couples. When the word couples crossed his mind, he immediately began scanning the crowd for Olivia. He began walking toward the table with the lanterns, grabbing one for Olivia and himself. As he walked away from the table, he caught a glimpse of his sister. With a heavy sigh, e walked to a spot away from where all the other campers were. It was a nice spot, shaded by a willow tree that was nearby. It had a perfect view of the sunset, which made him smile. He stretched out, making himself comfortable. He laid down in the grass, putting his hands behind his head. He closed his eyes and began humming the lullaby Olivia had sang to him before. Ever since she sang it, it had been stuck in Travis's mind on replay. And when she sang it... it was enchanting. Mystical. Beautiful. He closed his eyes, and waited for Olivia.
They hold us down like anchors; They drown us out at sea

Last edited by Mockingjay! on Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
wtfluffy

wtfluffy

PostSubject: Re: Festival of Lights [o p e n]   Festival of Lights [o p e n] I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 11:56 pm

achelle marchovi

The petite blonde stands back, crossing her arms defensively against her chest. She purses her lips, doubtfully, as she forces herself to stay at ease. Achelle's eyes follow a boy and a girl holding hands, to which she stuck her nose up and snorted. It's an awful habit of hers: snorting. Her dad used to tease and call her a pig. She balls her hands into fists, gritting her teeth in irritation. She tries to keep a smile, but with all the mushiness of romance, she finds it impossible.

Achelle steadies herself on her feet, grinning like a fool as her thoughts wander off. She chuckles once, thinking of the time her father brought her to Central Park. He picked her up, gave her a bagel and told her to tear pieces for the ducks. Achelle smiled at him, giggling the entire time. She threw the entire bagel, though, causing the infamous "Duck Brawl." It could have been a YouTube video. Too bad YouTube didn't exist yet. She could use a good laugh now.

She fixates her dulling, warm brown eyes on the ground, wrapped up in her own world. She focuses on the now. The present. This moment. She balances, stretching her arms out as she walks a thick, long branch like it's a tightrope. Because she can.

Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Festival of Lights [o p e n]   Festival of Lights [o p e n] I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 12:47 am

Festival of Lights [o p e n] Olivia-gif

Festival of Lights [o p e n] Angel2

Olivia walked into the clearing in the Treetop Village just in time to hear the very end of Mr. D's speech and see him waddle away in disgust. SHe held back her laughter as she watched him sip at his coke. Then a familiar face made her completely forget about the god of wine. Travis. She saw him walk over to the lanterns and grab two of them. She grinned and sat back, simply allowing herself to watch him. They had been quite close lately, and also quite of a lovey-dovey pair. They held hands, whispered, stole kisses when no one was watching. It was like a romantic movie to Olivia, and she loved every minute of it.
Olivia, now deciding that she yearned to be near Travis, made her way over to the son of Athena. She smiled at him and kneeled beside him. Hey icy blue eyes were dancing with joy at the mere sight of the boy she cared so much for. "Hi," she said with a grin. Olivia gently pressed her lips to his for a brief, but breathless moment before she plopped down comfortably beside him. "So lanterns huh? And paint. You should know right now, I am a horrible artist. Whatever I end up painting, no matter what it is, will probably look like a blob," she said. Olivia took one of the lanterns he had and examined it. This one was a pale blue, almost white, and was like a cylinder with a wire bottom where the fire source would go. She examined her blank canvas and pursed her lips, wondering what she could do to honor Khione.

Back to top Go down
http://z13.invisionfree.com/Adelphia/index.php?
dean
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: Festival of Lights [o p e n]   Festival of Lights [o p e n] I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 1:10 am

got to find my corner of the sky

i've got to be where my spirit can run free

This was the day that Airlia had been waiting for since the beginning of last month. She was so excited that she'd slept with her former nurse-maid, 435 year old Aegle, in the Treetops Village so she'd look her best when she offered her lantern to her mother who even though she'd never met knew she'd love if the goddess had left her in care of Aegle. Aegle had always told stories of Aoide and Airlia soaked them up like a sponge, she loved stories especially those about Muses. The Titan or Olympic Muses, she didn't mind, either was fine, she never discriminated the Muses for what the Titans did because she knew they weren't involved.
Airlia had spend her day in the Treetops Village with Aegle picking berries and frolicking through the forest. When it had become time to set up she'd disappeared and gotten ready. She had a bath made by nymphs on Aegle's orders. They washed Airlia thoroughly before she was allowed to leave the scented bathwater. She now smelled like rose with a hint of cinnamon here and there. Her long blonde hair was made into a braid that they lay over her left shoulder after twisting in some diamonds and a big white flower. They wrapped her in a long brown coloured chiton with a belt around her wait to show-off her curves. Aegle was done and Airlia stepped in front of the mirror and smiled. She looked like a nymph, sensual and vulnerable. She quickly slipped into some sandals and hurried down.
Careful to avoid everyone else she quickly took a lantern and disappeared to sit on a tree trunk in the dark shadows of the clearing where her long blonde hair shone after the nymph's magic had been sprinkled in it. Everything the moon caught her hair with its rays the diamonds sparkled a soft but brilliant white. There she began to sing softly to herself so no-one would get caught in her web of magic that she produced by singing and started to paint her lantern.

343 words, click, respond to me <3, no-one's tagged; open post

coded by fickle!tribble of caution2.0 & atf

Back to top Go down
RachieFizzy!
RachieFizzy!

PostSubject: Re: Festival of Lights [o p e n]   Festival of Lights [o p e n] I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 11:45 am

We all carry these things; Inside that no one else can see
Travis Sykes, Son of Athena
Travis heard a soft voice that was familiar to his ears. Then felt the familiar warm lips on his. Before being able to kiss her back, his eyes opened and sat up next to Olivia. He smiled at her, listening to her explain about her art skills. "That's okay, I'm sure it'll be beautiful either way." He explained, giving her a kiss on the cheek before examining his lantern. His was the color of old, aged paper. He smiled, picking up a paint brush and dipped it in a dark brown hue and began painting the structure of a tree.
It was a very thick tree, some of the roots still shown until they finally took root into the ground, or the bottom of the lantern. He made it so the bark twisted and turned all around the tree, when the branches began to finally form, they were pretty thin and skinny. Then he took the brush and dipped it in a leaf green. He began to stipple on the leaves, making them airy like. Travis really wasn't much of an artist, but if he tried like he was now, he was actually not bad. He finished and set down the lantern to dry for a bit, before he painted on something else.
They hold us down like anchors; They drown us out at sea

Back to top Go down
selene
Honorary Staff Member
selene

PostSubject: Re: Festival of Lights [o p e n]   Festival of Lights [o p e n] I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 3:33 pm

julienne dupree, mania

Julienne decided to grab a lantern and started to paint what she thought of her mother. She began to paint a knife dripping in blood. The blood would drip down to say Mania. At least it made sense. She grabbed some paints and walked away, near a tree, where she heard singing. Julienne despised people singing; she just liked it on the radio. Only because she couldn't sing anymore after she damaged her vocal chords. Julienne found the source of that wretched music and glared down at the girl. "What the hell do you think you're doing? This isn't a place to sing," she said, impolitely.

Back to top Go down
firelord zuko
mountain dew me
firelord zuko

PostSubject: Re: Festival of Lights [o p e n]   Festival of Lights [o p e n] I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 3:35 pm

Festival of Lights [o p e n] P1410684_174404275_large
[[P E Y T O N r o s a l i e M O R G A N]]
●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●
I found a way, I found a way
I always thought that it'd be too crazy but
I found a way, I found a way
●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●

Peyton walked into the clearing, and looked around grinning widely. She was excited, the whole idea of 'The Festival of Lights' sounded so fun. She smiles, and walks over to the table, with the lanterns. She looks over all of the choices before selecting a snow white one. She gently picks it up, and walks over to a empty table.

She sits down at the table, and places her lantern on the table. She looks at all of the different colors of paint and selects a light blue, a slightly brighter shade of blue, a darker white color, and a silvery color. She picks up her brush, and dips it into the darker white. She then starts to apply to paint onto her lantern, with even strokes.
Back to top Go down
Echo92

Echo92

Location : Uhhhhhhhh ok act natural. IN YO CLOSET! Was that good? Please tell me that was good.

PostSubject: Re: Festival of Lights [o p e n]   Festival of Lights [o p e n] I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 10:14 pm

Jazzie Smith

Festival of Lights [o p e n] Scene+girl+15

Jazzie was excited for the Festival, especially since she had just recently been claimed. She looked at the series of paper lanterns, when she gently picked up a sunny yellow lantern. She walked over to the table where you paint them, and took a seat next to Peyton. She looked at the variety of colors. Yellow? Nah, that would just look weird on the bright yellow. Orange? That seems good. Red? Of course! White? Why not? Jazzie grabbed the colors and set them next to her lantern. She looked at Peyton and asked, "I'm Jazzie. What's your name?" She wanted to get the mood up to 'crazy'. She was good at that. While she was waiting for Peyton's answer, she dipped the brush in the white, and flung it on the lantern, so it had a splatter paint effect.
Back to top Go down
GreenPaint

GreenPaint

PostSubject: Re: Festival of Lights [o p e n]   Festival of Lights [o p e n] I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 6:39 am

Sunny was late to the lantern festival, but she still found a couple of lanterns left. She chose a black one. Taking a pencil and pair of scissors, she went and sat at a random table.
She sketched on each side little beams of light shooting out of the middle. And in the middle, she just made a small, perfect circle. She wasn't really sure what it was supposed to represent, but it did look beautiful as she cut out the lines and circles of every side.
Having finished, she went to look for a place to put the sleeping bag she'd bought. Finding an empty spot under a big willow but still near enough to the clearing so she'd be able to participate in the festival, she put down her stuff. She asked the nymph if she could stay here, and she was.
Back to top Go down
Soar

Soar

Location : My nose is in a book, the rest of menus in another world...

PostSubject: Re: Festival of Lights [o p e n]   Festival of Lights [o p e n] I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 9:10 pm

"Hey Sunny!" Leo jogged over to the willow tree, his own lantern in hand. It was a pale pink, but Leo had painted it so it became increasingly red towards the center on each panel. In the spot where it was pure red, Leo had drawn a sun, a flame, a candle, a heart, and a rose. One for each panel. He had two candles in his other hand and a sleeping bag slung over his shoulder.
"Figured you'd forget a candle." He said, handing her one of the plain squat candles. He gave her a brief smile.
"Can I sleep here, too?" He asked, though the nymph had long blended back into her tree. Without waiting for an answer, he placed his sleeping bag on the ground and pulled his fiddle case out of the center of the tightly rolled sleeping bag. "You'll get great music." He offered, breaking into a grin, which lightened up the quickly darkening clearing.
Back to top Go down
Sonica

Sonica

PostSubject: Re: Festival of Lights [o p e n]   Festival of Lights [o p e n] I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 10:43 pm

Melody had heard from a few campers that there was going to be a lantern festival, or something like that. The Festival of Lights, if she recalled correctly. Interested, she followed the directions she'd gotten from some camper, and made it just in time to hear Mr. D's little speech.

After listening to Mr. D speak, Melody made her way over to the decorating table. She couldn't help feeling a little intimidated by all the campers around her, as she reached for a blank lantern. It was time to let her inner artist go wild, but that didn't necessarily mean she'd be any good. After grabbing a few colorful markers, paint, and brushes, Melody pushed through the crowd and over to a fairly deserted area.

She sat down in the grass, and threw down her materials in front of her. Melody stared at the things before her, and sighed. Art block, she figured. What, exactly, was she supposed to do for Charites? She'd never met her mother, let alone hear about her. Tugging on her black hair, she had a frustrated look on her face. Melody really wished she had somebody to talk to.
Back to top Go down
http://kagemiyasonica.tumblr.com/
Essie Bear

Essie Bear

PostSubject: Re: Festival of Lights [o p e n]   Festival of Lights [o p e n] I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 10:49 pm

Avery Hawthorne|17|Single

Avery walked to the Festival of the Lights. He couldn't resist things like this. He smiled, walking to where the light things were. He had already made one, it was painted many different shades of blues. He had no clue what he could wish for, so.. he decided to wish for something not many people would think to wish of.

He would wish for someone who could accept him the way he was, not just any someone either. A someone that... a person that liked him the way he was. He was still somewhat edgy on the thought of love, maybe it was just that only his sister and his mom had accepted his immature attitude, not many other girls did anyway.

He sighed, looking at the sky. Maybe it would happen. It was a stupid wish, but he would do it. He sat on the ground, looking at the sky.
Back to top Go down
RedPhoenix

RedPhoenix

PostSubject: Re: Festival of Lights [o p e n]   Festival of Lights [o p e n] I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 10:53 pm

Festival of Lights [o p e n] Hailey10
Hailey True

Hailey climbed up to the Treetop Village, wanting to get to the festival of lights quickly. She had heard that demigods would be able to paint lanterns and she just couldn't pass up an opportunity such as that. With a broad grin on her face, she finally reached the Festival, and once she had got there, her smile grew larger. "Whoa," she breathed out to herself quietly. As the sun was setting, Hailey couldn't help but feel something like a magical aura in the atmosphere. She listened closely to what Mr. D said and shrugged afterwards. With that and another quick glance at the beautiful sky, Hailey headed towards the decorating with one of the blank lanterns in hand.
Back to top Go down
Mark_Son of Hermes

Mark_Son of Hermes

PostSubject: Re: Festival of Lights [o p e n]   Festival of Lights [o p e n] I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 11:13 pm

Festival of Lights [o p e n] 10
Demitri Carlos Garcia

I just got to the Festival and the first person I see is... "Hailey True, My Ex-Girlfriend. How have you been since you dumped me?" I asked her in a kind of sarcastic tone.
Back to top Go down
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

PostSubject: Re: Festival of Lights [o p e n]   Festival of Lights [o p e n] I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 11:20 pm

Desiree watched the lights go up in the sky, she smiled. She was getting cold, and she was shivering. She Started to make her way back to her cabin when she walked into someone. "Sorry." she said, slightly embarrased that she had walked into someone. The person smelled strangely good though. Of soap and minty mouthwash. She suddenly felt really uncomfortable. She then realized that she had spilled the contents of her bag on the pavement.

It was a backpack, and she had dropped her book, ipod, ambrosia, and water bottle. She got on her knees and scrambled to pick everything up. "Bloody hell." she said in her heavy british accent.
Back to top Go down
RedPhoenix

RedPhoenix

PostSubject: Re: Festival of Lights [o p e n]   Festival of Lights [o p e n] I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 11:21 pm

Hailey True

Hailey was just about to begin painting her lantern when an all too familiar voice spoke not too far from where she was. She froze at the words he said, but calmed herself down quickly. Slowly, she turned to face him with a black expression. "You don't need to go all out sarcastic, Demitri," she said trying to avoid a fight. "It's a festival, and I don't really want to let the mood go down... But anyhow, I'm fine thanks, what about you?" A slight smile crawled onto her face and she brushed her bangs to the side. She didn't want the night to be full of fights. She just wanted to have fun. Wiping her hands on her jeans, she then looked up at Demitri again wondering if he was willing to put it behind them for now.
Back to top Go down
Essie Bear

Essie Bear

PostSubject: Re: Festival of Lights [o p e n]   Festival of Lights [o p e n] I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 11:27 pm

Avery looked at the girl. "Oof." he let the air pass out of him as she ran into him. He smiled. "Hi." He looked at her again. She was pretty. "No problem." he said, getting down to help her pick up her things. "Not one for festivals are you?" he asked, raising an eyebrow towards her as he handed her the ambrosia. He gave her yet another smile. he had absolutely no clue as to why he would smile this much around a girl, but it felt right.

"I'm Avery. Avery Hawthorne." he said, holding out his hand to her. It was formal, yeah, but it was also, as his mother had drilled into his head, Polite. He shook the thoughts off as he looked at the girl again, waiting for her to say something.
Back to top Go down
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

PostSubject: Re: Festival of Lights [o p e n]   Festival of Lights [o p e n] I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 11:42 pm

She picked up the rest of her possessions. "Naw, just today. It's so cold." she said, shivering. She smiled back at him, "I'm Desiree Williams. You can call me Desi." she said. She stood there, feeling her cheeks burn up, which didn't really help her current situation. She was freezing her arse off and her cheeks were burning up. But he seemed cute, and someone that she wouldn't mind hanging around with. Maybe she could make a friend tonight.

~Crappy, rushed, but I wanted to post before you left.~
Back to top Go down
Essie Bear

Essie Bear

PostSubject: Re: Festival of Lights [o p e n]   Festival of Lights [o p e n] I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 11:49 pm

Avery scrunched his eyebrows. "Well.. you can't miss this. This is too fun so..." he smiled, taking off his jacket and giving it to her. "Here." he said, handing it over to her. He would be cold, but he could handle it for a little while. He looked at her, "Desi... that's pretty." he admitted, giving her a smile. She was pretty, maybe he could make a new friend that night. He liked friends, they were fun to hang out with. His eyes glimmered as he looked up to the sky. "The sky's really pretty too, isn't it?" he asked, grinning.
OOC: It's cool, I'm just trying to get as many posts as I can because I have no time for the next two days, and this weekend I'm sure will be filled with me sleeping.
Back to top Go down
Mark_Son of Hermes

Mark_Son of Hermes

PostSubject: Re: Festival of Lights [o p e n]   Festival of Lights [o p e n] I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 12:43 am

Demetri Carlos Garcia

"About a few weeks after you dumped me, I had another girlfriend. I few months into our relationship, she broke up with me to go out with Chris Hunt, One of your Half-Brothers." I explained to her. "That's was about five months ago. Other than that my life has been pretty good. I've got good friends, good family and candy shop nearby that I can go to that is ran by my mom. You've been there, Garcia's Sweets."
Back to top Go down
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

PostSubject: Re: Festival of Lights [o p e n]   Festival of Lights [o p e n] I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 6:32 am

Desi felt her cheeks geat up even more. Why was she blushing so much? Shouldn't she be the one flirting and not acting cutesy? Well it wasn't exactly cutesy, but they were in her standards. The jacket smelled strangely of the perfume filled Aphrodite cabin, but with a trace of something that smelled like a cross between lavender and strawberries. "Thanks." she said. Desiree looked up at the sky, smiling at the small lights that were floating in the air. She wondered what people had written in their lantern things. She wondered how many wishes would come true. I seemed so Disney like, but she liked it.

"It is beautiful." she said, in reply to his comment. She was dazed by how the lights danced in the sky, each meaning something to someone. It just seemed so dream like, but it was evident that it was real. The lights seemed so close, but out of reach, distant. She hadn't weitten anything, but she couldn't help but wonder if this boy had a lantern and had made a wish.

Desiree smiled at the lights. They glowed softly, unlike city lights, they seemed so... natural. As if they were glowing for- she stopped her thoughts. She realized that she had spaced out again. I really need to stop doing that. she told herself.
Back to top Go down
RedPhoenix

RedPhoenix

PostSubject: Re: Festival of Lights [o p e n]   Festival of Lights [o p e n] I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 12:19 pm

Hailey True

As he spoke, Hailey just stood there fiddling with a paintbrush while listening to every word her said. When she mentioned that it was her half brother who had taken his next girlfriend from him, she couldn't help but feel a flood of sympathy take over her. A frown appeared on her face as it did and her caramel brown eyes seemed to grow dull even with the last light of day shining down on it. Hailey was about to open her mouth to speak, but she realized that Demitri was still speaking. So she kept her thoughts to herself, and let the son of Apollo continue his sentence. 

But then he mentioned the candy shop. Her entire face seemed to lighten up, and the frown was replaced by an excited smile. That shop had one of the best candy she had ever tasted. She would want to get some at that moment, in fact, but she was trying to keep from sweets lately because of the threat called diabetes. She was simply afraid she would get it because she had quite a bit of sugar from Easter. "Oh right," she said with a lighthearted laugh, "Speaking of which how is your mother?" As she asked her question, Hailey realized that she was simply avoiding on the subject of his girlfriends and such. 

With that thought suddenly in her mind, Hailey turned her back on Demitri and turned to the decorating table. She started rummaging through the various art supplies, trying to find what she needed at that moment.  Finally spotting a tray of different paints, she turned her head towards Demitri. "Well, do you want to decorate these lanterns or not?" she asked jokingly. With that, she dabbed her paint brush in the navy blue paint and began decorating the lantern in front of her.
Back to top Go down
Mark_Son of Hermes

Mark_Son of Hermes

PostSubject: Re: Festival of Lights [o p e n]   Festival of Lights [o p e n] I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 11:59 pm

Demitri Carlos Garcia

I watched as her face lighted up with that beautiful smile. "My mother is great, and your mother is the hot Aphrodite." I sat down next to her and just picked up a paint brush and just started decorating a lantern. "I know you're afraid of diabetes but I am going by my mom's shop tomorrow and you could come with me if you wanted to." I asked her.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Festival of Lights [o p e n]   Festival of Lights [o p e n] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Festival of Lights [o p e n]
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next