Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Now The Lights Are On; I Was Never Gone (MOONIE)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
libby

libby

Location : Right there... No, there... No, just right there... NO! RIGHT THERE!!!!! must I do everything myself?

Now The Lights Are On; I Was Never Gone (MOONIE) Empty
PostSubject: Now The Lights Are On; I Was Never Gone (MOONIE)   Now The Lights Are On; I Was Never Gone (MOONIE) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 10:13 pm

I HAVE DONE FOR YOU
everything my love

Chris never thought he would have difficulties walking down the hill. He was so drained though he needed to use Georgia as a crutch just to walk through the forest, let alone get down the hill. The walk from the camp grounds was always a bit of a distance, and having to keep an eye out for monsters did not help their time. Crossing through the cabin courtyard was a dangerous move, but it saved so much more time than going around. The quiet was almost disturbing. Every now and then you'd hear something scrape the walls, or windows, or bushes, and one could only hope that it was campers who hadn't made it to the safehouses. I hadn't occurred to him that the safehouses could actually be full. Camp Half Blood wasn't a small camp, and there was no way you could hide enough houses to fit every halfblood. Normally the idea of surviving in the woods over run with monsters would've been almost exciting, and only mildly frightening. However trying that in the shape he was in, it would've taken a maximum of twenty minutes before he was a hell hound's chew toy.

The entire trek to the safe house took about three quarters of an hour, and Chris was having to depend on Georgia almost the entire way there. He helped where he could, but if she wasn't there for him to lean on for balance he'd just had stayed wherever his feet finally gave up on him. When they finally made it to the safe house Chris had some serious doubts about its safety. It looked like a normal human cabin. It was like a log house, with windows in the front.  They hadn't exactly sent up fireworks, and put up road signs, but it wasn't incredibly hidden. The candle/torch light coming from the windows would've alerted and monster passing by, and then what? Still it was shelter. Whether or not it was full of people who wanted to stab me, it would keep me alive for tonight. I do my best to put up a smile.
"So this is what you and I will call home for now?"

CODED BY SAPPHIRE THANKS SAPPHIRE I LUVS YOU
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: Now The Lights Are On; I Was Never Gone (MOONIE)   Now The Lights Are On; I Was Never Gone (MOONIE) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 10:27 pm

georgia anne wingston

The trip from the hill all the way towards the safe house was a long one, one that didn't stop for small talk. The snow fell lazily from heavy clouds that threatened to block out the moonlight, but never got around to it. It was peaceful, overall, but had an aura of unsteadiness, like someone could jump out at you without any warning. Georgia tried not to think about the danger, and instead focused on the task at hand; getting to a safe location.

The soft glow of candle light could be seen several yards before they reached the log cabin, and sent a wave of relief over her. They were close. A few more feet led them to a long cabin, with thick walls, an iron door, and soon to be covered windows. They weren't covered until two hours after dark, in case someone needed the protection as they ran into the woods. Two guards were posted at the door, who opened it for Georgia without hesitation. "Where'd you find this one?" the female one asked, raising an eyebrow at Christopher. "The hill, no one stopped us from there," she explained, helping him into the large room.

The inside of the safe house had a line of beds on one side, sleeping bags on the other. Two large cabinets of medical supplies fit on either side of the door, for the healers who, like Gee, helped around here. An unlit fireplace sat on the opposite wall, it's unlit embers still glowed where flames once stood.

Her green eyes found a place for Christopher, and she ushered him over to it. The cot wasn't the best, just a standard infirmary cot that hadn't seen use in a few years. "I hope this meets your specifications," the demigod said with a smile, releasing her arm support for him. "I'll grab you a suitcase," she added, heading off to one of the supply piles.
outfit
layout and graphics (c) sapphire
Back to top Go down
libby

libby

Location : Right there... No, there... No, just right there... NO! RIGHT THERE!!!!! must I do everything myself?

PostSubject: Re: Now The Lights Are On; I Was Never Gone (MOONIE)   Now The Lights Are On; I Was Never Gone (MOONIE) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 10:52 pm

I HAVE DONE FOR YOU
everything my love

Usually people directly insulted him, or viewed him as subhuman. Very rarely did they refer to him like he was just one more mouth to feed. At this point I guess he was, but he couldn't stay that way forever. When he was able to walk on his own, he'd pick up every guard shift he could find time for. He'd even volunteer to go out and hunt those hunting us. But for now he was a helpless child, that needed some help to even stand up.

Chris was left almost gawking at the cabin when he entered. There wasn't a lot of room, but the way everything was set up it was very spacious. They used the space very well. he took a slight notice of the still warm coals, intending to mess with that later. Gee brought him over to one of the cots and he gratefully dropped down on the old mattress. Anything was better than city benches. She made a joke about the housing and he let out a slight laugh. Then she left to go grab a suitcase. Instead of just saying he didn't need a suitcase, the demititan followed her. He still needed to use the walls as support, but he managed. He waited until she was basically at the supply pile before grabbing her attention. Before she could try to get out a word about how he should be resting, Chris leaned in and kissed her before backing away with a smile.

"Everything I have is in my drawstring bag. It can just stay there." He said motioning back to his cot. "Besides. I think I just found our dinner." Chris said bending over and picking up a jar of peanut butter. A jar of peanut butter was cheap, and easy. That made it his meal of choice when he had to be out on the road. More than a few nights he had dozed off with a jar of peanut butter beside him. Those days were behind him. Still it worked as a meal. It always would. And until Chris could help out he wanted to use a few resources as possible.
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: Now The Lights Are On; I Was Never Gone (MOONIE)   Now The Lights Are On; I Was Never Gone (MOONIE) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 8:23 am

georgia anne wingston

Georgia headed over to the supply pile, searching for a decent suitcase, or blanket. Most everything in here was donated or used, so finding something warm was more difficult than one would think. She also had high standards for this blanket, because she wanted it to be sufficient for Christopher. Hearing the floorboards creak behind her, the girl spun to meet the source of the sound.

Having a spilt second to register the familiar face before she felt even more familiar lips on her's. Her green eyes stared at him, her eyebrows raised. Georgia silently looked at the peanut butter, then back at him. Looking at him, she remembered that they were broken up, and not supposed to be kissing and pretending everything was alright. But she didn't need to pretend. Everything was as perfect as it could be in the middle of a war.

Sliding back into his arms to help him walk, Georgie snatched the peanut butter from him. "I'll grab us some Crackers too," she offered. "But only once you stop moving around." The demigod began shuffling towards his bed, hoping he wouldn't fight her.
outfit
Back to top Go down
libby

libby

PostSubject: Re: Now The Lights Are On; I Was Never Gone (MOONIE)   Now The Lights Are On; I Was Never Gone (MOONIE) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 9:20 am

I HAVE DONE FOR YOU
everything my love

The idea of actually having crackers too was one that would've taken a while for Chris to put in motion. I guess that's why he had Gee around. On the way back to his cot he kept one hand one the wall, the other around her. That plan really helped them get there a lot faster. Plus Chris didn't really have to put much of his weight around her. When they both stood in-front of the rickety bed from their hospital, Chris dropped down on it, bring in Georgia with her. On his other side there was his bag, which held everything he needed plus a few new toys. He only had to stretch a little to reach it, and then he pulled several items out of it.

The first item the demititan pulled out, was one he thought they would be needing for their supper. It was a set of silverware that was crafted out of celestial bronze. The purpose of it being made out of the stuff weapons were made of didn't make sense to Chris. The best he could figure was that it was the only metal that was truly tasteless. Waving the forks and butter knives at Georgia he stated that he purchased them from a nymph in Atlanta.
"That reminds me! I got something for you."

The first thing he showed her he figured would be the least offensive to everyone in this room. It was a small dagger, about the length of her hand. It had a sheath, and the sheath has straps. The knife was designed to be strapped to your thigh, so you always have a weapon on you.
However it was a normal human steel knife, which he had coated in celestial bronze. That may affect the quality of it, or it may not. It would still work though.
"I thought having a smaller faster weapon could really help you. Seeing how you lug around your heavy double bladed sword." He said with a smile on his face.

The next item wasn't dangerous, offensive, or even racy. It was something that Chris saw in a pawn shop and decided to buy it. The most amazing thing was how shady pawnshop owners never asked for an I.D. Chris pulled a bottle out of his bag and presented it to Gee. It was a brown glass bottle, with a waxed in cork, and a worn off label. If the label had been there it would've advertised some brand of whiskey.
"I don't know what you want to do with this, and frankly it's none of my business. This bottle is a per-prohibition bottle of whiskey. It's from around the time period you lived in. You can drink it, keep it as a keep sake, or whatever. It's yours now.

Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: Now The Lights Are On; I Was Never Gone (MOONIE)   Now The Lights Are On; I Was Never Gone (MOONIE) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 9:51 am

georgia anne wingston

Georgia hoped that after a decent night's sleep, he would be able to function better. Not that anything was drastically wrong of course, but campers in worse states came in and needed beds too. He wouldn't be able to have a vote for more than one night. She was bracing herself to let go of him, when she felt herself bring pulled down with him. "You know, these beds can barely hold one person, much less two," she pointed out with a half-smile. The girl stood up and then kneeled down on the floor so she could be eye level with Christopher.

Watching with interest as he pulled items out of his bag, Georgia found herself looking at how peaceful the rest of the safehouse was. No one was yelling, running, or dying. Sure, some people were a little worse for the wear, but the death toll recorded here was under ten.

She turned her jaded gaze back to him, looking at the silverware he had taken out. Taking one of the forks from him, she asked, "Atlanta, hm? Where's that?" Being slightly uneducated in her youth, the demigod didn't really understand where everything was in the world.

The demigod stared at the blade, no larger than her hand in length, a smile growing on her face. It was simple, and she couldn't ask for anything more. She had been looking for a smaller weapon for a while, but never had gotten around to it. "It's lovely," Gee said softly, ignoring his comment about her sword. It was different, but it worked for her, so she didn't mind. The dagger, however, would be most useful.

The last item he produced was something that Georgie didn't recognize until she saw the faded label. It was he kind of booze her brothers would drink, telling her never to touch it because it made you do stupid things. Taking the bottle in her hands gingerly, she turned it slowly. The object felt heavy, but homey in a way. For a second it felt like the twins were alive, and safe. Blinking, she turned her attention back to Christopher. "Thank you," she whispered.
outfit
Back to top Go down
libby

libby

PostSubject: Re: Now The Lights Are On; I Was Never Gone (MOONIE)   Now The Lights Are On; I Was Never Gone (MOONIE) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 10:21 am

I HAVE DONE FOR YOU
everything my love

His heart kinda sank when she crawled off the bed. He knew she was right though. He had spent enough nights in the infirmary to know that just his weight could bring one of these things to scrap wood. It was really funny to wake up in the middle of night to a girlish shriek, only to find them free of harm, covered with splintered planks. However He was one of the few who was able to laugh at himself when it happened. Most people turned beat red and stormed off. Chris's philosophy was if everyone else was laughing at you, you should probably join them.

She asked where Atlanta was and for a moment Chris felt like a fool for forgetting that she never went to school. In her time, rich boys went to school, and women just learned how to organize a household.
"Atlanta? It's a city in... Damn this is funny. It's a city Georgia" I say with a smile. Irony was a beautiful thing. I reach down and pluck the fork from her hand and replace it with a knife. She wasn't going to put much on her crackers with a fork.

A smile drew across the demititans face as he watched her survey the blade. He had expected her to like it. The only thing he could hope was that it would end up saving her life. The bottle may have been a mistake as I watch her rotate it around. Her eyes were full of grief and sadness and loneliness. It was a look that I saw when I looked at the mirror in my mother's old apartment. She blinked a few times and then looked up at me. It was hard to tell whether the blinks were from shock or to hold back tears, but when she thanked me for it I figured it was something that she really did like. Something from home.

Chris sat there for a moment smiling at her, before he opened up the peanutbutter jar and got a knife blade full of the creamy substance. He then reached down and pulled a few crackers from the box beside her. He placed the peanut butter on the cracker and then bit into it. It wasn't a lot but it was food. Then without giving it a second thought, he dotted the end of the blade on Georgia's nose, leaving a blip of peanut butter on the tip of her soft, perfectly shaped nose.
"Whoops." He said with a devilish grin on his face.
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: Now The Lights Are On; I Was Never Gone (MOONIE)   Now The Lights Are On; I Was Never Gone (MOONIE) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 10:49 am

georgia anne wingston

Georgia set the bottle of alcohol down next to the box of crackers, closer to the wall so no sticky fingers would touch it. The whiskey was probably terribly strong by now, and could be damaging to those if they ingested it. She turned her gaze back to her 'patient' once she heard him talking again. Atlanta, Georgia. Smiling, she laughed along with him, thinking about the irony in that statement. "That's interesting," she muttered, trying to remember where the state of Georgia was. Somewhere down south, at least that's what she thought.

The demigod grabbed a handful of crackers from the box, munching on the plain stuff until he would give her the peanut butter jar. She didn't mind the plain food, it was simple and easy to like. Nothing like the homemade food her mother taught her to make, but something she could stand considering the circumstances.

The blob of cool peanut butter on her nose, she grinned, taking a cracker and wiping it off of her skin. "You're such a -" Georgia began, before placing the peanut butter topped cracker on his nose, sticky side staying on him. "Dork." The girl giggled childishly, brushing a strand of her golden hair behind her ear.
outfit
Back to top Go down
libby

libby

PostSubject: Re: Now The Lights Are On; I Was Never Gone (MOONIE)   Now The Lights Are On; I Was Never Gone (MOONIE) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 11:38 am

I HAVE DONE FOR YOU
everything my love

Chris smiled as she placed the cracker on his nose. What goes around comes around. Casually Chris pulled the cracker off and placed it on his tongue. Then he practically stumbled to the floor and then he kissed her nose, removing the last remnants of peanut butter. Then he pulled the jar off the cot and placed it between them. He fixed another cracker and placed it in his mouth. He fixed another cracker, but placed this one by Georgia's lips. With his free hand he placed it ontop of Gee's and placed his fingers between hers.

They finished their meal, and Chris was left a little parched. Instead of asking for a waterbottle or something smart, he grabbed onto the cot, and pulled himself up before using the walls to get over to the supply pile. He grabbed two waterbottles and tossed one over to Gee. On his way back he stopped infront of the fireplace and sat down. He motioned for her to come over and sit beside him. Normally he would've actually called her name, but the room as a little chaotic. No one was dying, but it was still loud.

He waited until she was beside him before placing an arm around her shoulder.
"Watch this." He said before working hard at the fireplace. The hot coals gave him an idea. Chris closed his eyes and focused hard. He thought about who his father was, and everything he inherited from him. Normally it wasn't this hard, but Chris had gone so long without using his power it was quite difficult. The public didn't appreciate time control. Slowly time around the coals reversed and they became a hot fire again. It was hard to tell how long it would burn. If it was because it ran out of fuel there was about an hour or two left, but if someone put it out there was a lot of time left for the fire. "Cool huh?"
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: Now The Lights Are On; I Was Never Gone (MOONIE)   Now The Lights Are On; I Was Never Gone (MOONIE) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 12:01 pm

georgia anne wingston

Georgia wouldn't have ever dreamed she would be with him again a month ago, or even right after he left. She would've wanted nothing to do with him or his charming nature, no matter how attractive the idea of being with him was. The girl came to the conclusion that she was terribly lucky to have peanut butter on her nose, and Christopher an arm's length from her. It was easier to be accepting than bitter, anyways. No one liked a sourpuss. Besides, she had complete faith that he wouldn't ever leave her side again.

Eating the cracker place on her lips, the demigod smiled brightly. She was shutting the jar of peanut butter when she felt the cot moving. When her green eyes flicked back up to Christopher's previous position, she narrowed her eyes, not seeing the boy. Tossing the closed jar onto the cot, she followed after him, slowly. He seemed to be walking alright, for now. Georgie grabbed the water bottle that was being thrown at her, still walking over to him.

She sat down cross-legged near the fireplace, taking short sips of her water bottle periodically. His arm seemed to fit comfortably around her shoulders, like they were meant to be in that position. A little heat was still radiating off the cooling embers, that warmed the demigod's small body a little. Her green eyes flicked over to him, then back at the fire as it came back to life. "That's amazing," she said softly, smiling over at him. "Where did you go, when you weren't here?" Georgia asked curiously.
outfit
Back to top Go down
libby

libby

PostSubject: Re: Now The Lights Are On; I Was Never Gone (MOONIE)   Now The Lights Are On; I Was Never Gone (MOONIE) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 12:27 pm

I HAVE DONE FOR YOU
everything my love

The added warmth to the cabin was much appreciated. It was comfortable, and a heat source that people quickly gathered to. It's like they didn't know how to start a fire. Chris leaned a little more into Gee to keep from falling backwards. It was extremely noticeable, but it was a lot easier for him to stay upright. Then she asked the dreaded question. Where had he been? The better question would be where has he not been. He was literally all over the nation. He saw things that not even full grown halfbloods should have to see. It was good for him though. Surviving day to day, depending on strangers for help. It was great.

He had decided to give her the short answer, but when he got ready to speak he changed his mind.
"Nashville was beautiful. I hung out with a group of struggling musicians while there. You'd never believe how good these guys sounded. I spent about a week in Denver. I found a group of halfbloods in Seattle Washington. Came near biting the big one with a hell hound in D.C." He understood that most of these places were meaningless to her, but he felt better telling her where he had been, not just giving her a basic idea. "I was almost arrested in Orlando. But honestly my favorite place was New Orleans was my favorite. The food was amazing. The people were one of a kind, and the city had a welcoming glow at night. Nothing compares the glow of home though."

He had just got back and committed to staying, and already he was starting to miss the road. It wasn't that he wasn't happy at camp. But there was something about the thrill of not knowing where you'll sleep that appealed to him. The last thing he wanted was to leave Gee, or worse. Hurt her. Still though. America was a beautiful place and Chris had only scratched the surface. After America there was so much more. So many more places in the world he wanted to see. Maybe Georgia needed to see the world too. And nothing would make the demitian happier than her seeing the world with him.

Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: Now The Lights Are On; I Was Never Gone (MOONIE)   Now The Lights Are On; I Was Never Gone (MOONIE) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 1:17 pm

georgia anne wingston

Georgia wondered if she had asked a dangerous question, as the soft crackle of the fire was the only sound between them. The sound was peaceful, and filling. Back when she was growing up, her mother would make their food from an open fire. Watching the flames lick the wood from hours ago felt like she was still a child.

Once he started talking, the demigod tired imagining the world that he traveled around America. Nashville, that was like... down south as well, right? Georgia wasn't sure, but she didn't interrupt either, she just listened. Imagining was better than actually knowing anyways, it left the world up to the mind, which could take beautiful or frightening turns, whichever it preferred. Nashville sounded like a comforting place, at least in her head.

She kept listening, her eyes watching the flames create little nothings out of the fire. Seattle... that was up North? Georgia felt embarrassed for not knowing what or where places were, but didn't bring it up. "Biting the big one?" she asked suddenly, crinkling up her nose. Some of the sayings campers used didn't make any sense to her. Georgie kept listening after that, absentmindedly braiding a strand of her hair as she took in the information.

Taking a glance up at him, the girl could see that he liked traveling, and even missed it a little. "You've defiantly have a gypsy's soul," she muttered softly.
outfit
Back to top Go down
libby

libby

PostSubject: Re: Now The Lights Are On; I Was Never Gone (MOONIE)   Now The Lights Are On; I Was Never Gone (MOONIE) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 2:37 pm

I HAVE DONE FOR YOU
everything my love

A gypsy soul. That described him perfectly. He wasn't born to stay anywhere. His free hand trembled at the thought of leaving again. It was a combination of excitement, and anxiety. He at least had a reason to stay now, so maybe he'd stay for a little longer. Or maybe he'd leave sooner. People close to him, were hurt, killed, or just up and vanished. He could risk that happening to Gee. Maybe that's why Chris pushed her away so much. He was stuck between loving her while he had her, and having her as along as possible. He couldn't have both.

He was begging to doze off beside Georgia, but he refused to move. He didn't totally trust everyone in this room, so he figured the close he was to the one person who would look after him the better. Granted the situation could've been a lot worse. He could be stuck in the Ares cabin. No one there liked him. He was starting to seriously doze when he finally got up. He had to use a wall to stand, but he could stand.

It only took a few seconds to crawl across the wall the his cot. He sat down on the bed, and it creaked under his weight. So did every bed at this camp though. He opened up his bag and pulled out a fleece blanket, before taking off his jacket, turning it inside out, and tying the sleeves together to make a pillow. Because he actually had shelter, Chris pulled his white tee shirt off and dropped it under the cot. then he slipped off his shoes and socks. A few bounces on the bed almost assured that it would hold his weight. Lastly he beckoned for Georgia, to give her a good night kiss. Then the thought of the guards outside the door. They weren't happy to see him, and it sounded likely that the Ares cabin would not only survive, but volunteer for a guard duty position. Sure he had his sword between the wall and the mattress, but what good was that if they already had a knife through his neck. He changed his actions on the spot, hoping the words would come out right.
"Georgia... Would you like to sleep beside me, right here? You know. To save space and keep warm and stuff."
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: Now The Lights Are On; I Was Never Gone (MOONIE)   Now The Lights Are On; I Was Never Gone (MOONIE) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 3:03 pm

georgia anne wingston

Georgia hadn't necessarily meant having a 'gypsy's soul' as an insult, although it defiantly could be considered that. She just meant it perfectly described him in so many ways. He had an unquenchable thirst for adventure and traveling, was mentally strong, and was overall... spirited. She loved him for that, of course, but. Oh. She loved him. The girl felt a blush rise in her cheeks at the thought of it.

She was beginning to doze off as she continued to watch the flames battling each other, rising and falling like waves on a shoreline of wood. Georgia was almost asleep when she felt her pillow person leaving her. Almost falling on the ground, she used her hands to stop her, looking up to see where he went. Rubbing the sleep out of her eyes, the demigod got up and brushed off her coat, having forgotten to take it off.

Tossing her coat into a pile, containing the rest of her clothing, like sweatpants and new socks, the girl yawned, not realizing how tired she actually was. Georgia was ready to go to sleep, feeling her skin already begin to prickle with goosebumps, when she saw Christopher motioning for her. She briskly walked over, trying to focus on his face and not his lack of shirt. His words made her cheeks a rosy red, as she hadn't ever heard of males and females sleeping together unless they were married. But, if he was cold...

"Uh... sure," she answered softly, a sheepish smile curling onto her lips. Georgia slid under the blanket, hearing the bed creak under the new weight. "Are you sure it won't break?" she whispered, sliding into a comfortable position, her head resting against his neck.
outfit
Back to top Go down
libby

libby

PostSubject: Re: Now The Lights Are On; I Was Never Gone (MOONIE)   Now The Lights Are On; I Was Never Gone (MOONIE) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 3:42 pm

I HAVE DONE FOR YOU
everything my love

Chris's heart skipped half a beat when she agreed. There were so many ways she could've taken what he said, but she took it the way he meant. In a way it showed she trusted him. In a way, he showed that he had the highest amount of trust for her. She was going to not only be present when he was his weakest, but she was basically his first line of defense when he had nothing.

Rather quickly she crawled under the blanket, and leaned her head against his neck. Her warm cheeks against his collarbone showed she was just as flatted by this as he was. He could feel all the heat radiating from her arms. It was only logical she could feel the heat radiating off him. Chris rotated himself onto his side. His free hand wrapped itself around Gee's waste and brought her closer to him. Her hair brushed against his cheek, and his patch on his denim jeans met her bare feet. The arm she lied creeped down the edge of her back, until his finger tips began to dance on her upper middle thigh. They were really so close it would've been hard to fit a piece of paper between them.

The cot break? Fairly likely. He didn't think it would though. He had quite a bit of experience with these cots. Was he sure they wouldn't break?
"I have no clue. I think it'll hold us though." He said, already falling asleep with her in his arms. He kissed the top of her head and began to fall asleep, until the rest of the world didn't exist. That couldn't exactly be said, because his entire world was in his arms, and that was all he could focus on.
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: Now The Lights Are On; I Was Never Gone (MOONIE)   Now The Lights Are On; I Was Never Gone (MOONIE) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 4:31 pm

georgia anne wingston

Georgia admitted to hersf that she was comfortable, but she didn't know if that was a good thing. Even with nothing more than a fleece blanket for warm, Christopher took care of the rest. She felt warm and safe near him. And yes, she was very near him. The demigod hoped he didn't mind, because she felt more protected than she had in an long time.

Feeling a hand crawl down her back, over the floral top she wore, she felt shivers down her spine. Georgia readjusted her face slightly, then was soon falling asleep. She didn't even hear his reply, she was already lost into the state known as sleep.

The demigod dreamt that she was reliving the memory of when they had orginially broken up. It haunted her most days, but this time the memory seemed more like a release. Like her brain was telling her that, despite the rain pouring on her face, and the shattered mental state she was in, he still cared about her. That was what she shoildve focused on, instead of the fact that he left, again.

Georgia woke up to the sunlight streaming in from the small windows casting shadows over her face. She flicker her jaded gaze over to the snoring figure next to her, laughing silently. She rose from the cot, careful not to wake him. After changing into a fresh set of clothes, she attacked her new knife to her thigh, and grabbed her sword. She would be on guard duty just outside, and was sure he'd be fine until he woke up.

Slipping out into the morning air, she waved to her guarding partner, a boy about a year younger than her, Jesse. He was a blonde haired, freckle-faced son of Demeter, who was kind to just about everyone. Needless to say, they got along. "Good morning," she greeted him.
outfit
Back to top Go down
libby

libby

PostSubject: Re: Now The Lights Are On; I Was Never Gone (MOONIE)   Now The Lights Are On; I Was Never Gone (MOONIE) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 5:11 pm

I HAVE DONE FOR YOU
everything my love

Chris had a relativity dreamless sleep. The dreams he did remember were these dreams about his powers going terrible wrong. Something like he lost control of his abilities and he totally froze the world, or ageing someone to death. Just normal stuff like that. People in his old cabin told him all the time it wasn't normal to dream of stuff like that, and that a demigods dreams were powerful things. Chris just thought it showed he had a respect for his powers where as everyone else didn't.

By the time Chris woke up the entire house was basically empty. You had those few people who were injured but there was no reason for them to move. He sorted through a supply pile until he found a pair of combat boots. Those matched his style far better than running shoes, and they were about a thousand times more effective if he got into a sword fight. He didn't bother changing his denim jeans, seeing how finding a pair of boots was just shear luck on his part. There was no way he'd find boots, and jeans. The demititan reached into his back and pulled out a tight fitting black athletic shirt. He slipped that on, and then he put on his Hell's Angels leather jacket. The last thing he put on was his belt and boots. Easily he slipped his sword into is scabbard. Knowing the camp was under attack made him feel a little restless knowing he was leaving with just his offensive weapon, but seeing how the supply of shields was limited, he oped not to take one.

From inside the dusty cabin you never would've been able to tell it was about noon. When Chris stepped outside the sun blinded him. He shielded his eyes and glanced from side to side. Different guards stood post at the door. These were bigger and bulkier than the ones the night before. They weren't Ares cabin bulky, but they would be total hell in a fight. Casually he asked the guards if they knew where Georgia went, and the pointed to a couple standing out a little ways. It made sense to double the guards in the day time. Seeing how everything was more visible.

Chris walked over to where Georgia stood. It didn't take long to find her standing there with a guy. He wasn't exactly the jealous type, but he diffidently didn't want to lose Gee. He walked up beside the woman who carried him here, all the while surveying the guy she was talking too. He didn't look like a real threat to his relationship, but rule number 1. never underestimate your opposition. Gee did look like she was having a good time. When beside her Chris placed his arm around her, and brought her in with a sideways hug. Just for good measures the demititan kissed the top of her head.
"Hey Gee." He said with a smile. Still looking up the Demeter kid. Of course he was a Demeter kid. He looked like the rest of them. It was in the jaw and nose the Demeter kids started to look alike. Their eyes and hair meant nothing. "Who's you're uh.. little friend?"
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: Now The Lights Are On; I Was Never Gone (MOONIE)   Now The Lights Are On; I Was Never Gone (MOONIE) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 6:15 pm

georgia anne wingston

Georgia didn't mind guard duty most of the time, especially in broad daylight. The snow was very reflective, and would show any monster's shadows being cast over it's pearly surface, which basically gave away it's position. Besides, you could hear anything without the wind throwing a fit. Every time the heavy door of the cabin opened, the two demigods could hear it, which was something that she knew Jesse was thankful for. He could be very timid.

She enjoyed his company all the same, how could she not? The boy was kindhearted, and an interesting conversationalist. He had told her about the time he took a trip to the grand canyon with his father when she first arrived, and she found it very interesting. Despite all the stories that she heard about far off places, Georgie never had the desire to visit them. She was content with where she was, where her friends were.

"Do we have someone replacing us?" Jesse asked her, looking off in the direction of the cabin. Shaking her head, the demigod grinned and shook her head. "No, that's just -" She broke off once Christopher had his arm around her and placed a kiss on her forehead.

Thinking she heard a hint of jealousy in his voice, she turned to look at Jesse. "This is Jesse, he's a son to Demeter, and a good friend of mine," Georgia explained gently, hoping that he wouldn't freak out or anything. If Jesse was something to threaten their relationship, they had issues. "He was telling be about how he's visited fourty three of the states with his dad, right Jess?" she added softly. The younger boy was shying away from the pair of them, and nodded quickly. "Yeah, fourth three..." he muttered, cheeks red.
outfit
Back to top Go down
libby

libby

PostSubject: Re: Now The Lights Are On; I Was Never Gone (MOONIE)   Now The Lights Are On; I Was Never Gone (MOONIE) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 6:51 pm

I HAVE DONE FOR YOU
everything my love

[color=whiteChris stood beside Gee and listen as she told him the boys name. Jesse.  He didn't seem like someone who would give anyone trouble. If he and Gee had anything going on, he would've turned a much darker shade of red, and probably would've darted off. It was like one of the many unspoken bro codes. You don't make a move on another mans woman. That was just a rule. Besides he wasn't giving me the creeps about anything.

Heheard that he had been to forty three states. Chris had to admit that was pretty impressive. Hr hadn't even been that many states. He had passed through a few, but probably not that many. He just went wherever looked like fun. And there wasn't something fun in forty three states.

Even though Jesse didn't look like a real threat, Chris still kept his arm around Georgia. Partially because it was confirmable there, partially because he wasn't positive on Jesse not being a threat. The only problem with Jesse was Demeter kids were the most family like. If Chris messed with one you messed with them all. Georgia could do so much better than Chris but Jesse was not that.

Chris so wanted to be helpful but he didn't want to leave Georgia. So instead of asking what needed to be done, he began to initiate conversation. [/color] "So Jesse, what do you do for fun? Besides travel the world of course."
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: Now The Lights Are On; I Was Never Gone (MOONIE)   Now The Lights Are On; I Was Never Gone (MOONIE) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 8:34 pm

georgia anne wingston

Georgia kept glancing between the two boys, wondering why Jesse was so nervous. She didn't think about the fact that a taller guy in a leather jacket could scare a shorter one with freckles. She also didn't consider that if you weren't Christopher's friend, he could look very, very intimidating, especially if you were about five two and hadn't hit your growth spurt yet. It seems like guard duty had spread interesting facts about both of them.

Jesse cleared his throat to answer the taller boy, still not able to look him in the eyes. "I uh, I like to... go snowmobiling," he said softly. His cheeks were still red, but it was hard to tell if the younger boy was scared or just cold. "Jesse's from Canada, so the winters are colder," Georgia added after a few seconds, trying to give her friend an encouraging smile.

She looked past Jesse, towards the bushes and denser forestry. It was actually a kind of pretty, with the frost tracing outlines of the trees and other plants. However, the next sight she saw was something very ugly. "Manticore," she whispered, nodding towards the direction of the woods. The darkness concealed most of the monster, but it's yellow eyes were all too obvious.

The demigod already had her double-edged sword out, ready to attack the monster, if it came. Sometimes the monsters would just track around the border of the camp, then leave. Why, Georgia didn't care, but the fact that they were there was enough to make her stomach flip.
outfit
Back to top Go down
libby

libby

PostSubject: Re: Now The Lights Are On; I Was Never Gone (MOONIE)   Now The Lights Are On; I Was Never Gone (MOONIE) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 9:17 pm

I HAVE DONE FOR YOU
everything my love

Snowmobiling? The thought of actually going and doing that suddenly sat in. Maybe this kid wasn't so bad. He at least had a lot of good ideas for stuff to do when camp inevitably burnt to the ground. Everyone would say camp is safe, but they also knew that nothing good lasted forever. It was just a matter if who got out alive on how the camp would handle its death. They're might be a new camp, or it may just stay as ashes.

By instinct, at the first sign of danger Chris drew his weapon, and then scanned the horizon for his threat. He spotted the golden eyes, but for only a brief second. Then the eyes disappeared. Immediately the demititan was suspicious.
"Do the monsters normal vanish into thin air?"

Chris only half listened to the response. Most of his mind was occupied with the thought of going out and hunting the beast. It was the strategic thing to do. Their cover was blown and it was only a matter of time until they all ended up impaled. Chris showed them he would be back in just a second by raising his index finger. He emerged from the house with a shield. If he was going to hunt that thing down he'd need some protection.

When he stepped back onto the snow he immediately headed for the woods. Before he placed a foot in the tree line the eyes reappeared, and a deep throaty growl broke the silence. Glancing around Chris noticed more eyes. And more eyes.
"Guys we have something way worse than a manticore." he said trying to sound calm.
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: Now The Lights Are On; I Was Never Gone (MOONIE)   Now The Lights Are On; I Was Never Gone (MOONIE) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 10:34 pm

georgia anne wingston

Georgia watched for the eyes again, and saw them for a few more seconds before they vanished. a flick of it's barbed tail could be seen for a mere second before the whole thing seemed to evaporate. Squishing her eyebrows together, she continued to scan for any signs of threats. Jesse had arrows notched in his bow, ready for an attack from behind.

Shaking her head, the girl began to twitch her sword nervously back and forth, the blade making short cuts in the air. "Usually they see us and leave..." she muttered, eyebrows still furrowed. She turned he head to ask for more input from Christopher, but he was gone. "Where did Christopher go?" she asked swiftly, turning to Jesse instead. The younger boy shrugged, pointing at footprints leading back to the safe house.

Exhaling, she placed her hands on her hips. She could either go after him, or get help. Georgia knew he logical response, but she couldn't lose him again. "I'm going after him," she told her partner, smiling in a hopeless sort of way. "Get help, okay? I'll be back soon."

Following the steps that could only come from combat boots, she soon found him in a clearing. Just as she was about to say something, she felt a growl pierce her ears, filling her with echoes of a low tumbling sound, like an incoming train. Her green eyes scanned the area, which filled up with eyes staring straight at them, straight through them. "I think you're right," she muttered, her grip on the steel rod of her sword tightening.
outfit
Back to top Go down
libby

libby

PostSubject: Re: Now The Lights Are On; I Was Never Gone (MOONIE)   Now The Lights Are On; I Was Never Gone (MOONIE) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 11:10 pm

I HAVE DONE FOR YOU
everything my love

The demititan stood frozen with fear. There weren't a lot of situations that got his palms sweaty, but this was of them. This was what they were waiting for all this time. The monsters showing up at the edge and then vanishing. They were waiting until someone like him to get the bright idea to hunt them down and keep them from spreading information. They knew they were there all along, but they wanted to take out the bravest, most combatically advanced, and the most strategic first. When they were gone you were left with the cowardly, the useless, and the confused. They were not an ideal group of people to attack so they wanted to kill them quickly. "Please for the love of all that is good tell me that someone is coming with backup."

Suddenly Chris was very glad he brought a shield. A manticore scale flew from the tree line and bounced off hid shield, leaving a massive dent, and forcing him to step back. The second scale came at a much cleaner angle, and easily pierced the shield. However a jagged edge got caught on a celestial bronze decoration, and it couldn't continue all the way through. The manticore then launched itself towards the son of time, leaving him with only one real option. To charge forwards. Chris raised his shield last moment and ducked down. The manticore hit the angled shield and bounced over the demititan. From the edge of the woods a small group of harpies and telekhines.

The group of two was now outnumbered atleast four to one, which were not the best odds. If they were going to stand a chance they were going to need to work together. The manticore charged him again, likely hoping to find the hole in his defense. Chris, trying to find his way back towards Gee, used his shield as a cushion to roll over the manitcore's spiked back. When his feet hit the ground, he immediately lost his balance and stumbled onto his knee. A harpie came in quickly hoping to catch him at his weakest, but backed off when it discovered Chris still had a good control of his sword hand. He only got a nick on the arm of the harpie, but it was enough to save his life. Quickly he hurried over to his companion, and took up a defensive position.
"Do you think we'll actually make it out of this?"
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: Now The Lights Are On; I Was Never Gone (MOONIE)   Now The Lights Are On; I Was Never Gone (MOONIE) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 11:36 pm

georgia anne wingston

Georgia felt her chest rise and fall with each breath, waiting for the inevitable first move from the opposing side. She tried to think positively, like she wasn't going to die before she even got to start living her new life in a new century. Her sword seemed to be freezing to her hand due to the cold, sweat making it slippery. She tried to remember everything she had been taught about fighting, and how if you didn't think you would win, you had already lost.

Georgie just hoped lost could still mean alive. Slowly noddong at his question, she felt like her voice had gotten lost. "Jesse's coming... soon," she breathed, not quite believing it herself. The sound of a manticore spoke hitting a shield almost made her jump out of sheer fright. The battlefeild was no place for a medic.

A harpy advaced towards her, arms flapping and mouth going. She hated harpies, mostly because of the noise. Taking a clean swipe at the she-monster's abdomen, the bird fell. Georgia may have stabbed it twice to make sure it was dead. However, one death wouldn't fix this. This was a raid.

Noticing one harpy giving Christopher trouble, she threw the small dagger he had given her at the monster. The dagger landed in the thing's leg, wounding it. Georgia rushed over to the falling bird, slashing it across the gut before taking the smaller blade back out of it's leg.

Backing up until her back rested against Christopher's, she couldn't help but laugh. A delusional, cold laugh. Something that didn't fit Gee at all. "Not a chance."
outfit
Back to top Go down
libby

libby

PostSubject: Re: Now The Lights Are On; I Was Never Gone (MOONIE)   Now The Lights Are On; I Was Never Gone (MOONIE) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 12:08 am

I HAVE DONE FOR YOU
everything my love

A wave of relief spread over him when he heard that the Calvary was indeed coming. That meant she likely asked for someone to get help, and they would bring everyone in full armor. Chris felt a telekhines trying to come up from behind, while a harpie charged the front. It was probably expected that he'd stab the harpie leaving nothing to protect himself from the creature approaching behind. Instead Chris had a different plan. A bash from the spike impaled shield left the harpie stuned and mildly injured. He spun around and bashed the monster approaching from behind, and then running the harpie through one more time for good measures. The harpie dissolved into smoke, and the telekhine collapsed, likely to only bleed out. The manticore took the chance presented and launched a wave of spike before charging. Being the only one with a shield, Chris stepped infront of Gee. The shield took the majority of the blast sending Chris all but sprawling backwards.

When he asked Georgia is she thought they'd get out alive he was truly joking but now it became clear they might not make it. The number of harpies kept increasing as they followed the sound of combat. The manticore's charge was more effective than Chris thought, just because it forced the two to separate. That would normally be fine, but now Gee was having to literally dodge bullets. Chris decided that if he was not pinned to the shield via spikes, he'd send the shield to her. He could slow the spikes down. She couldn't.

The demititan turned around quickly at the sound of foot steps and swung immediately towards the knees. It was a harpie intending to sneak up on him. It looked like she was trying to avoid him seeing it's shadow. The monster fell to the ground, and Chris quickly placed his boot at the back of her neck. The snapping sound indicated it was just going to lay there and suffocate. He quickly turned again, and a telekhine swung it's sword. The blade bounced cleanly off the bronze shield, and Chris put his sword through it's chest. He was almost totally surrounded. That spelled death. He was so occupied that he didn't have time to look across the clearing at Gee. He could only assume she was still alive.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Now The Lights Are On; I Was Never Gone (MOONIE)   Now The Lights Are On; I Was Never Gone (MOONIE) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Now The Lights Are On; I Was Never Gone (MOONIE)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next