Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

you made yourself a bed at the bottom of the blackest hole [private]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

you made yourself a bed at the bottom of the blackest hole [private] Empty
PostSubject: you made yourself a bed at the bottom of the blackest hole [private]   you made yourself a bed at the bottom of the blackest hole [private] I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 10:51 am

Owen knew his instincts sucked. He knew since he was five years old, when his gut feeling told him not to try his big brother's bike. He knew when he so boldly asked out that pretty girl in class in sixth grade, who turned out to have a scary six-foot-tall footballer for a brother. And yet, for reasons unknown, he still trusted his instincts. And yet again, they foiled him.

He fought his way through tangled vines and old trees, jumping over roots as thick as his arms or small thorny bushes. Just another reason why he disliked the forest. It was a green maze always threatening to thwart you, trip you or hit your face with the occasional spider web (Owen still spat out sticky silky thread every few seconds, yuck), or if worse comes to worst, led you to some hungry monster who'd want nothing better than demigod lunch. Which, coincidentally, was the very thing Owen was running from. Owen didn't know what it was, honestly. Maybe a mix of huge-ass ant and a scorpion. Not like he'd stay to make sure.

But then, he and his ally just had to get separated. Owen recalled a faint yell ('this way!') but obviously, he did not have much faith in him to follow. He had more faith in himself, which was why he continued running towards... well, he didn't really know where he was headed, only that his gut told him to keep going in this direction. His gut was like 'don't listen to the guy! Even if he's been here longer than you! I know the way out! It's this way!' And he'd fallen for it. Again. If he wasn't so fired up from running from that crazy carnivore-looking monster, he'd be smacking his head and chanting 'stupid stupid stupid' over and over again.

Out of breath, Owen finally stumbled upon a small clearing. At first, the absence of trees surprised him enough to stop. He could still feel his heart thumping violently in his chest, out of fear or adrenaline he couldn't tell, and if his legs could talk they'd be cursing him in protest. Owen couldn't help but collapse, his heavy Greek breastplate and helmet finally weighing him down. The grass felt soft under his skin, sticky with sweat. Lying here face-down seemed like a pretty good idea. Especially for his tired and aching body... A short nap didn't sound bad either...

It hadn't even been five seconds until Owen's senses snapped into overdrive. What the hell was he thinking? Dozing off in the forest floor with a man-eating-ant-scorpion-thing on the loose? He picked himself up, cursing under his breath. He really needed to knock some sense into the part of his brain that dealt with instincts.

The absence of clicking noises calmed Owen down somewhat, but it wasn't enough to make him relax. Maybe the monster found something else more satisfying than a scrawny untrained demigod. Maybe it found Owen's companion first and was now too full to keep chase. The last thought made him wince as he pulled himself to sit against the nearest tree. Owen pulled off his helmet, throwing his tanned features into focus, his dark curls looking lighter under the minimal sunlight. Taking a deep breath, he fanned himself with his hand but it wasn't enough. He sighed wistfully. A bit of air would be nice.

Owen missed the sea then. Where the breeze would cool you down as you took a stroll, where the water lapped playfully around your toes. What he wouldn't give to be in a beach right now.

Another sound woke him from his daydream, but it wasn't clicking noises this time. In fact, Owen couldn't tell if it was rustling or footsteps or scurrying. A stray squirrel, perhaps? The forest held many creatures after all. Owen didn't really want to get up but chills ran down his spine and he fingered the hilt of his sword for good measure. Grudgingly he got to his feet, inwardly cursing how heavy Greek armor was. He looked around, seeing nothing but an empty patch of grass surrounded by a bunch of trees.

"W-Who's there?"

As soon as he'd said the words, Owen wanted to groan. He had already hit that amazing growth spurt that made him shoot up to five-feet-seven - when was his high boyish voice going to follow suit and begin sounding like Morgan Freeman?
owen wright
thirteen » son of pontus » single

WORDS! 738
TAG! Nico
NOTES! xxx
TAKE THESE CHANCES TO TURN IT AROUND
CODED BY SAPPHIRE
Back to top Go down
http://phoenixsapphire.deviantart.com
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: you made yourself a bed at the bottom of the blackest hole [private]   you made yourself a bed at the bottom of the blackest hole [private] I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 12:49 am

you made yourself a bed at the bottom of the blackest hole [private] Tumblr_mqe6bsWtRu1qzg2sjo1_250you made yourself a bed at the bottom of the blackest hole [private] Tumblr_mqe6bsWtRu1qzg2sjo6_250
june helen prenston,
June got up early that day to go on a run. She wasn't sure why she was strangely motivated that morning, but something drove her to roll out of bed, slip on a sports bra and some athletic shorts, and frantically search for her tennis shoes that she had lost a few days agoa and hadn't bothered to look for until now. About an hour into her jog, her running pace slowed drastically, and June found that she couldn't remember why she had decided to trek through the forest in the first place. The whole "forgetting" business wasn't abnormal anymore, which should have scared her, but for whatever reason, she had finally come to terms with her mental insanity. There was no point fussing over it anymore. She didn't have anyone to impress, or even any reason to stay clean. And finally, after weeks of struggling to get over her best friend's death, she had come to terms with this as well. She wasn't happy or even tolerant of the fact that Caleb Wright, the one boy who had managed to make her feel love, had been taken away, but she was accepting of the fact that she wasn't getting him back by now, and this made the loss easier to cope with.

As she hiked through the forest, her feet only occasionally getting snagged on roots and random plants, June realized immediately where her legs where subconciously taking her. The forestation, scattered as it may be, was suddenly becoming more familiar than the arangment of furniture in her cabin's living room. Each root became easier to step over. Each tree branch became easier to anticipiate. The noises this area of the forest as a whole made suddenly sounded less like random chirps and squeals and more like old songs. Without intending to, June had made her way through the forest to the one spot she had avoided since hearing about Caleb's death; her one safe spot before it became the one place she swore she would not revisit.

June clutched a tree for support as she cooled off from her run and let her eyes scan over her clearing. (Yes, definitely her clearing.) She saw him just before he could speak, and an overwhelming rush of emotion left her senseless. She felt so many things at once in that instant that she found herself holding even tighter onto the tree just to remain on her feet. There was a boy that looked just like Caleb in the clearing, and she was almost positive this boy was alive. He didn't look lifeless or hollow from this distance. Her emotions settled and her face burst into a smile bigger than one she'd ever sported before. Her eyes looked genuinely happy for once. Her body fidgted as she tried to decide what her next move was, but she finally decided on running towards the boy.

Mistake. That was a mistake. Halfway through shouting "Caleb!" at the top of her lungs, June realized how wrong she had been, and it was one of the most crushing things she'd have to live through. "Who the hell are you?" she snorted, her disappointment weighing down her words. She sounded pitiful and angry and completely devastated all at once. "Caleb?" June had to add the last part, she couldn't resisit, because there was such a strong resemblance between the boy in the clearing and her boy that she couldn't let herself believe this wasn't her best friend. She wasn't an idiot, but she was blinded by emotion, and right then, she was feeling enough emotion to cover 1,000 girls suffering through PMS.

"I know you. Oh my god. Why're you here?" June gasped, knowing by then that this was definitely not Caleb Wright, but could possibly be his little brother. If this was Owen, he had changed a lot since she last saw him, and he looked more like Caleb than ever before. Everything hurt and nothing was okay. "You shouldn't be here."

ooc;; crap post i'm sorry i'm just like dying from sleep depravation
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: you made yourself a bed at the bottom of the blackest hole [private]   you made yourself a bed at the bottom of the blackest hole [private] I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 4:06 am

When something burst out from the trees' shadows, Owen had been this close to turning tail and running back the way he came. Instead he had drawn his sword, shakily if I might add. He wasn't used to handling such a sharp and dangerous weapon. With his luck, he would probably end up slicing himself.

The figure came into his line of sight and his tense shoulders loosened when he saw it was definitely human. A human girl wearing a sports bra and shorts. Here he was, dressed in full Greek armor running for his life, and the girl was just looking all casual, going for a walk in the forest of doom like it was a preschoolers' playground. Owen's first reaction was to gape. Then the more rational part of his brain kicked in. Who goes for a jog in this god-forsaken place? Before he could do something stupid like ask her, Owen blinked in surprise at the name she had called.

Now, it wasn't like he hadn't been mistaken for Caleb in the past. Owen could never forget the times he got disdainful looks from a few selected people in Caleb's class. He didn't blame them though. The Wright brothers did look somewhat alike. In fact, shove a pair of glasses on his face and he'd pass as Caleb's younger-looking twin. The more handsome of the twins, he liked to think.

"I... I-" Owen found his voice diminishing as the girl drew closer. She looked a tad familiar. He had lowered his sword by now, having seen no threat, but he wanted to raise it once again. He couldn't bring himself to answer her question, mostly because he could practically feel the air growing heavy around him, freezing him into place. It took him a few seconds to realize that he was scared. Scared of the older girl for reasons he couldn't identify. Maybe it was the look in her eyes, the layers of anger and something else in her voice... Or maybe it was the way she carried herself. She was taking a jog through the forest that nearly took Owen's life. It probably meant that the girl was as formidable as the forest, or as dangerous as that ant-scorpion-thing which had all but disappeared by now.

"I know you. Oh my god. Why're you here?"

Owen couldn't help but do a double-take. She... knew him? He blinked again, confusion written all over his face. That could explain the slight familiarity he got a few moments ago but as he looked at her face, he found that he couldn't connect it to a name. Her face swam in the edges of his mind but try as he might, he couldn't really tell who she was. Maybe they went to the same school. Maybe he'd seen her on TV a couple of times.

"You shouldn't be here," the girl said, and at this Owen forgot all about his mild fear and let out a genuine chuckle.

"Yeah, I kinda figured that from the really creepy thing that's been chasing me for the past half-hour." A smile tugged on the corner of his lips for a few seconds. It faltered quickly enough. Slipping the sword back in the sheath tied around his waist, he threw a glance over his shoulder as though expecting to see a missile. "Looks like it's gone, though. I hope it didn't get Carl first..."

A shadow of worry flickered through his green eyes before he remembered where he was. Clearing his throat, he wiped off the beads of sweat on his forehead and turned back to the girl. "Uh... you said you knew me?" He fixed her with an intense look. "That's funny. I don't think I know you. Sorry."

Owen tried to give her another smile but from the way his lips stretched it looked more like a grimace. There was something eerily strange about this girl. It was on the tip of Owen's tongue, but he couldn't tell what.
owen wright

WORDS! 667
TAG! Nico
NOTES! xxx
CODED BY SAPPHIRE
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: you made yourself a bed at the bottom of the blackest hole [private]   you made yourself a bed at the bottom of the blackest hole [private] I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 6:37 pm

you made yourself a bed at the bottom of the blackest hole [private] Tumblr_mqe6bsWtRu1qzg2sjo1_250you made yourself a bed at the bottom of the blackest hole [private] Tumblr_mqe6bsWtRu1qzg2sjo6_250
june helen prenston,
June smirked at Owen as she realized that she had the upper hand in this situation. While she would admit, it was weird having memories of Owen that seemed as fresh as a few months ago in her head while the boy hadn't, in actuality, seen her in years. Following Owen's eyes, June looked over herself and realized how underdressed she was. She rolled her eyes and chuckled coldly. "Protecting myself really isn't on my list of priorities right now. Excuse my outfit."

June still felt incredibly overwhelmed, and the mixture of emotion was settling into one of anger. She felt like her mental health had just regressed about a year and her madness was getting the better of her. Resting her hand on her face, June tried her best to ignore the stress she was feeling begin to crush her. She missed Caleb so much it was killing her, and here was his brother, who happened to strongly resemble the son of Momus, blissfully unaware of her pain. "There's a lot at camp to look out for. Campers actually.. die here. A lot." June didn't know how long Owen had been at camp, but she hadn't seen him around, and she would have heard something by now from eager gossipers if he had been around for a while. He probably didn't even know about his brother. "You need to be careful." She was frowning at the Wright brother, probably scaring him an sounding much more like the oracle than a teenage girl, but she didn't care about how she looked to this halfpint halfbrother.

In an instant, June felt completely crushed. Owen's stern and quizzical look was so innocent, but also so calculating that she couldn't help but think of Caleb. Her heart went out to this boy almost immediately, but this emotion was hidden under the waves of hate and rage she knew she felt more prominently. "Caleb, you know me through Caleb. I mean, obviously I know Caleb because that's who I confused you with." Her words tumbled out of her mouth before she could really stop them. "You're his little brother, right? Aaron or Owen or something. I recognize you ... from before camp. You just look so much... older. And hopefully less annoying, because you were a pain in the ass if I remember correctly." June smirked again, this one completely mirroring Caleb's signature expression. His influence on her was still so prominent, it was heartbreaking. Luckily June didn't realize how much he was still impacting her life, or she would crack. "Do you remember a June?" Being years ahead of Owen when it came to memories was surely going to prove to be a problem considering June's lack of patience for people she deemed below her, and she had already labeled the boy as such.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: you made yourself a bed at the bottom of the blackest hole [private]   you made yourself a bed at the bottom of the blackest hole [private] I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 2:45 am

Owen shrugged. "Hey if it helps, you look hot in that outfit."

Typical Owen. He didn't even have the nerve to look in any way abashed. It was true, after all, and to tell the truth the older girl wasn't quite his type. She still had that eerie aura which sent barely suppressed shivers down his spine. And the way she looked at him... well, it was just downright scary. Owen was convinced that she was having an internal debate on whether to swat him like an annoying fly. He felt a little braver now though.

"And yeah, I don't find that hard to believe anymore. Take it from someone who's been chased halfway across the forest by a man-eating giant ant... or scorpion... well, either of those things, or both..." he trailed off, taking a deep breath to regain his composure. His legs still felt a little sore and overall, he could really use a break. Nevertheless, Owen managed a half-smile. "I'll do my best to take care of myself, Ma'am."

And then, Owen's shoulders gave another lazy shrug. Now he understood why the girl seemed angry. How could he have not thought of it sooner? She knew Caleb! No doubt the big buffoon got on her bad side like the rest. It had happened so many times that Owen stopped getting surprised. Now he was just more or less resigned to the fact that Caleb made tons of enemies wherever he went and being the brother who looked enough like him at first glance, he'd of course take the brunt of it. At least I'm more handsome.

"Owen," he confirmed, heaving a wistful sigh. "First of all, whatever my brother did to you, I'm sorry. I have nothing to do with it, so please don't hate me or - wait what, 'pain in the ass'?" This time, Owen was surprised. Him, a pain in the ass? Okay, maybe sometimes, but Caleb was worse (which made him the nice child in the family, so that was a plus). Still, as June smirked, Owen felt a strange sense of deja vu. It almost felt like Caleb was giving him that 'I-know-more-than-you-do' smirk.

"A June? Well, I remember a May and an April and a July but... haha, just kidding." He stared at her for a few more moments, trying to place where he'd seen her before, but nope. Maybe it would come back one of these days, he thought. He had a bit of a short-term memory loss sometimes. Apparently, he also had some kind of long-term memory loss. "I don't really know... but you look somewhat familiar. How old was I when we met? Maybe I was too young to remember?"
owen wright

WORDS! 452
TAG! Nico
NOTES! xxx
CODED BY SAPPHIRE
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: you made yourself a bed at the bottom of the blackest hole [private]   you made yourself a bed at the bottom of the blackest hole [private] I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 6:12 pm

you made yourself a bed at the bottom of the blackest hole [private] Tumblr_mpbs0x2ZBs1surmvho1_250you made yourself a bed at the bottom of the blackest hole [private] Tumblr_mpbs0x2ZBs1surmvho8_250
june helen prenston,
June's eyes narrowed and she found that she was scowling at Owen without realizing it. Her hands balled into tight fists and she clenched her jaw to keep from pouncing at the boy. Reaching across her body in search of a knife that wasn't there, June flipped her hair behind her shoulder angrily. "Don't you ever say anything like that to me again," she snapped. She let her fists fall and exhaled deeply, trying hard not to let her anger get the better of her, especially with Caleb's brother. She kind of owed her old friend. Maybe Owen was a blessing, a second chance. She could help this Wright instead of destroying him.

No, he was an ass, definitely an ass, and she already hated him. Was this how other people had seen Caleb? Still, there was something she liked about him, something about him that June could see easily growing on her. Smiling a little, June's entire face seemed to light up. It definitely made her look more human and not so.. mechanical. "The most dangerous thing here isn't a monster, little Wright. It's the people." Her small smile instantly transformed into a wicked grin and she winked at him menacingly. June was a danger, she had been labeled as such ever since coming to Camp Half Blood. "But considering your relation to Caleb, I don't think the dangerous people will bother you."

June started laughing the moment she realized Owen thought she hated his brother. Laughing out loud. This was the first time she remembered laughing since hearing about Caleb, maybe the first time she had laughed since she had been with Caleb. Things hadn't been funny in a long time. "Yeah, you were a huge pain in the ass. More so to Caleb than to me though, I think." June's eyes flashed sadness before she quickly regained her solum, eerily robotic composure. She wasn't laughing anymore. In fact, it was everything she had not to drown in her emotions. "I didn't hate him," she clarified quickly, blinking a few times. Having to use the past tense verbs stung. "He really was a pain in the ass, though, too. Probably worse than you." June kept up her smirk, stolen from the very boy she couldn't help but talk about.

June stared blankly at Owen after he made his joke and rolled her eyes. She also crossed her arms and bit her lip. "Har har har." June's eyes were calculating and cold as she popped her hip to the side. "I'm not sure how old you were, actually... how old are you now?" It hit June like a strike of Zeus's lightning then why Owen didn't remember her. The whole memory loss thing had effected everyone who knew her and Caleb to have ties. Owen wouldn't remember her, or at least not completely, for a long time. "Don't even bother trying to remember. It won't do you any use, I don't think. You know Ares? He's kind of a douche."

Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: you made yourself a bed at the bottom of the blackest hole [private]   you made yourself a bed at the bottom of the blackest hole [private] I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 12:28 pm

Nope, that didn't help at all. Owen paled and retreated a few steps. Now the girl was really scary. Well she'd been scary before, but just as Owen was beginning to warm up to her, she had grown fangs and rose like a viper waiting to strike. Okay, a bit of an overstatement there, but the way her eyes narrowed, her jaw tensed and her hands clenched into fists... well, that really sent fear surging inside him. He couldn't understand though. Most girls would be pleased by what he'd said. Maybe they'd even blush.

Just when Owen thought he was going to get punched, June's face lit up. And the fact that it did made his skin start to crawl. A small part of his mind wanted to groan and hit himself. Why the hell was he so anxious around this girl? It sounded pathetic, come to think of it.

"The most dangerous thing here isn't a monster, little Wright. It's the people," she said, her smile twisting into a wicked grin. She even winked at him.

Well, that certainly silenced the small part of his mind that kept wondering why he was so unnerved. And it also made him stumble as he backed away another step. You know, maybe one more round with the ant-scorpion thing would be less dangerous than another second spent in this clearing.

When Owen joined in June's laughter, his chuckles were forced and hollow. "We were both a pain in each other's ass. It's a universally-accepted fact." But then he blinked in confusion. What was this? This scary girl didn't hate Caleb? Oh good, hopefully that means I'm not on her hit list. Or that could also mean she'd hate me because Caleb hated me. Now I'm just over-thinking things. Calm down, brain.

"I just turned thirteen. And uh, okay, if you say so." Owen didn't even want to remember how his first encounter with June. No doubt he had been feeling the same way as he did now, and frankly enough he didn't want to know what he could have done to make June so hostile. "And Ares?" He racked his thoughts. The name rang a slight bell. Probably got mentioned in the orientation video...? "Oh yeah, god of war, right?"
owen wright

WORDS! 378
TAG! Nico
NOTES! xxx
CODED BY SAPPHIRE
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: you made yourself a bed at the bottom of the blackest hole [private]   you made yourself a bed at the bottom of the blackest hole [private] I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 1:01 am

you made yourself a bed at the bottom of the blackest hole [private] Tumblr_mpbs0x2ZBs1surmvho1_250you made yourself a bed at the bottom of the blackest hole [private] Tumblr_mpbs0x2ZBs1surmvho8_250
june helen prenston,
June nodded sadly at Owen and avoided eye contact at all costs. "I have a brother—well halfbrother, he's another Ares kid like me, so yeah halfbrother. His name's James, and I know how you and Caleb probably felt, irritation wise. But there's something about siblings, I don't know. I personally like them." June looked above Owen, then, trying her best to never look direectlyat him. She would crac if she allowed herber to do so. "I don't know what I'd do without him around. James, that is. Most of the Ares bunch are pretty crappy people." The girl snorted at her memories shared between the rest of her siblings. James was the only one who'd ever given a crap. The rest were scared of her (of course  they were), but they hated her, like, a lot.

June's eyes widened at Owen and she allowed herself to look him up and down when he announced his age. "You're only thirteen?" she gawked, her jaw practically dropping in surprise. Her eyebrows furrowed as she thought to herself. "You're two years younger than me, then. And that means you would have been something like.. seven years old when I knew you, I think? I don't know, all my memories of school with Caleb kind of run together because of my da—Ares." June hated referring to the man as her father, but it was such a habit that it was hard to break. "Yeah, he's big into war and death and destroying his daugter's life and stuff. Real fun guy, probably the best to have at parties."
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: you made yourself a bed at the bottom of the blackest hole [private]   you made yourself a bed at the bottom of the blackest hole [private] I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 8:30 am

Owen shrugged again, looking more nonchalant than anything. "Siblings can be a pain in the ass, yeah." God knows how living with Caleb can get rough. They bickered over everything. Sometimes Owen wondered if Caleb made it a hobby to counter everything he says and does. He couldn't even count in one hand the number of times they agreed on something. Sighing, he gave June a half-hearted smile. "You know what they say - blood is thicker than water. I've never really met anyone from my da - Pontus' side though, so Caleb's pretty much my only brother. Half-brother, more like. He's the son of... Mo-something? I don't know. I've never even heard of that god until our mom mentioned it, and that was like once."

Thinking about the whole thing with his family made something inside Owen churn. Caleb having a different dad was something he could understand. Rissa Wright already had him when Bryan met her. But finding out that Bryan wasn't his father... well, it came as a huge shock. There was no way to know how that came about. His mother wasn't exactly around anymore to answer any of his questions.

Owen couldn't help a soft chuckle when June looked him up and down. He loved growth spurts. His expression turned more serious as June continued on, his lips pursing as if in deep thought. "Seven? Sounds like a long time. I've been told that I'm not good at remembering stuff, so I'm not really that surprised."

He looked uncertain for a moment, as though wondering if June was going to get mad at him for not remembering her, because she really looked like the type of person who wouldn't hesitate to rip his limbs off. There was just something in her eyes - the mad glint of someone who had been through pain. He had seen it in Caleb once, the moment he stepped out of jail. He had also seen it Bryan, when they both learned the cold hard truth.

Thinking about these things intensified the worn-out look in Owen's features. The exhaustion he felt from being chased by a monster hadn't completely faded, and he still wanted nothing better to throw himself at the nearest bed and nab some zzz's. Maybe June could point him the way out of this forest. She seemed to know the place like the back of her hand, or at least familiar enough with it to take a casual jog. June probably held answers.

Answers. A lightbulb went on in Owen's head. June might hold answers. Owen took a tentative breath and hoped for the best."Uh, this sounds like a weird question from his brother, but have you seen Caleb around lately?"
owen wright

WORDS! 453
TAG! Nico
NOTES! xxx
CODED BY SAPPHIRE
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: you made yourself a bed at the bottom of the blackest hole [private]   you made yourself a bed at the bottom of the blackest hole [private] I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 10:22 pm

june helen prenston,
"Momus," June halfheartedly whispered. It wasn't really important who Caleb's dad had been, except for the fact that to some extent, June was pretty sure he let it define him. She often tried to break out of her Ares-shaped-box while Caleb had seemed to fit his Momus one perfectly. She had never minded, it was just... different.

June wasn't going to kid herself: Owen was attractive. He was definitely "hotter" than Caleb had been, if you were into thirteen year old boys of course, but she couldn't see anything but his brother when she looked at him, and that alone was enough to make her want to hurl. Depression could do that to you, June had discovered. (discovered the hard way.) He didn't even look like a miniature Caleb, but there was a strong enough resemblance to make her sad and angry all over again. "You were cuter when you were seven," June commented jokingly, although her tone was pretty stern. She was on end, and her emotions were basically all over the place.

June had to blink a few times to make sure she heard correctly when Owen asked her if she'd seen Caleb lately. Her confusion overpowered her other emotions for a few seconds, but anger eventually took it's place. "That's sick and cruel, you little douche," she answered back, her voice threatening to turn to a shout, where anything in the forest could hear her. "And about your own brother?" June scoffed and balled up her fists once again, this time holding them level with her chest. "No, Owen, I have not seen Caleb in a while. And unless you want to join him soon, I'd suggest you stop being such an ass and at least show a little respect." If Caleb wasn't going to be around to defend himself anymore, June would do it. She wouldn't let idiots get away with disrespecting him just because he wasn't around to say anything about it anymore. And his own brother? It didn't even regester to June that he didn't know. The poor boy was clueless.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: you made yourself a bed at the bottom of the blackest hole [private]   you made yourself a bed at the bottom of the blackest hole [private] I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 10:44 am

Owen's head dipped in the slightest inclination of a nod. Momus. He didn't even know who the god was. He had never shown much inclination to find out. All he knew was that he was Caleb's father, and from the way their mom spoke, it seemed like Caleb had inherited a lot of things from him.

"Well, I'm hotter now?" Owen said in that unembarrassed tone of his, cracking a half-hearted grin. He was mostly kidding. Mostly. Anyhow, his arrogance was short-lived. He couldn't understand the chills he got from being with this girl. She just didn't seem... normal. Owen briefly wondered if she was totally sane because you know, he still couldn't get over the fact that she was a little too underdressed for the forest. Maybe she just had a short temper. Maybe she was the type to get angry at everyone she came across. And mind you, June was obviously not one to cross. Owen didn't have to be a genius to know that. Especially now that her voice rose so loud that anyone in a mile-radius could hear.

If Owen was white-faced before, that didn't compare to how he was now. He took another few steps back without thinking, almost slinking back to the shadow of the tree he had once sat under. What the hell was June mad about? What's with this talk about respect? Owen racked his thoughts but he couldn't remember if he'd said anything that could be taken as disrespectful, but then he was a little too creeped out to even process everything. "Uh... o-okay. I'll watch my mouth, yeah. That sound good? Okay."

Owen studied her tense form, noting the balled fists and the anger on her face. I really need to get out of here. She looks like a bomb waiting to explode.

"I'll just leave you to your jogging, okay? I'll just be going... this way. Yep." He punctuated each sentence with a step back, his wary eyes never leaving June as he spoke.
owen wright

WORDS! 335
TAG! Nico
NOTES! xxx
CODED BY SAPPHIRE
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: you made yourself a bed at the bottom of the blackest hole [private]   you made yourself a bed at the bottom of the blackest hole [private] I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 12:33 am

june helen prenston,
June looked over Owen once he stated his "hotter" comment and sighed to herself. He wasn't wrong, he was pretty hot, especially for a thirteen year old, but that was it. He was thirteen. And Caleb's brother. Nothing would be right about any of it. "Don't give yourself so much credit."

June's heart sank into her stomach at the sight of Owen getting so confused by her sudden angry flash. "Caleb would have understood," she thought to herself, clasping her hands together and fumbling with her thumbs. "Caleb would have helped me." Only this kid wasn't Caleb, and that fact kept making her more and more distraught. She felt so unbelievably vulnerable.

Closing her eyes tightly and doing her best to avoid complete insanity, June began speaking in an almost normal tone. Her face look so strained, but just listening to her, you might confuse her for someone with a lot less problems. "Caleb's in the cemetery, Owen. When he died they didn't put him on display or anything. He was just a normal camper who died like the rest of them. He is exactly where you'd think he'd be." June opened her eyes and reached out for any part of Owen. "Please.. wait! Don't leave. I need to talk to someone about it, okay? No one else loved him like I did. Maybe you get it. Maybe you.. like.. understand or something." June's face fell as she exposed herself to fully to the boy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: you made yourself a bed at the bottom of the blackest hole [private]   you made yourself a bed at the bottom of the blackest hole [private] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

you made yourself a bed at the bottom of the blackest hole [private]
Page 1 of 1