Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

made of stone [private]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
welshy
out of town girl
welshy

made of stone [private] Empty
PostSubject: made of stone [private]   made of stone [private] I_icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 4:55 pm

dusk till dawn
James hadn't really felt happy for a long time. Well, not happy about other than pain being inflicted on someone he didn't exactly like. But the sun as coming out a lot more as they headed into summer and today the heat was incredible; even James, whom wanted to spend most of his time either in the arena or at his cabin, headed down to the beach instead. There was a gleam on his skin also, which he hadn't seen in a while so it was gratifying.

His Vans pressed against the hot sand as he made his way around the mass of teenagers and kids that were either making the most of the heat and sunbathing or in the water. James was just wandering; he was fine with wondering. Wondering was great. He was a little under-dressed to what he normally was; a pair of shorts and a sleeveless shirt that did show off his biceps a little, although it hadn't really been intentional. He hair was slack, floppy and product-less today, finally moving away from the recent spikes he had shaped to the messy, untidy hair he had had for a long while before his life got flipped upside down. So caught up in this world of his own, james almost walked over someone sunbathing.

ooc; outift and I will make eyes blue tomorrow after school if i get zee chance
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: made of stone [private]   made of stone [private] I_icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 5:57 pm

faye lynn mcjean

Faye was forcing herself to try and relax. That is what most teenagers do, right? They relax and have fun. Well, needless to say, the Athena Cabin Leader's last few nights hadn't been fun to say the least. She was irritably cranky for no apparent reason, and she felt like everyone was noticing. So, on her personal time she decided to force herself to go to the beach and enjoy herself. Just by that description you can probably tell she wasn't too excited about it.

Her hair in a ponytail, wearing a blue striped bikini she slipped out of cabin six and headed down to the beach. After laying her sliver towel down on the hot sand, she set her sunglasses over her eyes to prevent looking at the sun's powerful rays. Faye pulled out her Ipod and set it on shuffle before closing her eyes and drifting off into a short sleep.

Silently sleeping, the girl was actually relaxing, until she took a foot to the side of her stomach. Immediately sitting upright, Faye looked at her attacker. Sliding up her sunglasses, she frowned. "Excuse me, sort of laying here?" she muttered, slightly annoyed. The demigod recognized the son of Ares, and wondered if he was in a good or bad mood today. Knowing James, it could be either.
layout and graphics (c) sapphire
Back to top Go down
welshy
out of town girl
welshy

PostSubject: Re: made of stone [private]   made of stone [private] I_icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 6:08 pm

dusk till dawn
Both of James' hands shot up in a surrender motion as the girl he had stepped on went to get angry with him, his mouth curling into it's usual crooked smirk once she pulled her sunglasses down and he realized that it was Faye and not just any random girl. On other days he would bite her head off, but today he was pretty happy for some reason. he could pinpoint it himself; maybe it was the sun. The sun was quite a positive thing, right? "You're lucky I'm feeling good today, or else I would've killed you for talking to me like that." He eyebrow rose about his blue eyes, although it was a pretty empty threat.

Although, he had killed someone in the past, but she didn't need to know about that.

His backpack slinging over one arm and his thumb looped around one handle, James' eyes fixed on Faye once more before forcing himself to look away, out at the water. "Bikini, huh? I thought nerds were usually too insecure to wear bikinis." He teased, one hand running through his messy brown locks. He and Faye didn't get on perfectly, but it was a huge improvement compared to how they had been months before, he thought. Choosing to be polite, which wasn't something he did much nowadays as he was never really in a good mood, James looked back at the pretty girl and let his eyebrows rise, "Can I join you?" He asked, pointing down to indicate sitting besides her.

Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: made of stone [private]   made of stone [private] I_icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 6:28 pm

faye lynn mcjean

Faye smirked at his reply and shook her head, seeing that her nap must've lightened her mood. The part that James had his hands in a surrendering position helped too. She threw her head back in a small laugh and shook her head again. "Yeah, right," the demigod replied, placing her arms around her knees as she pulled them to her chest.

Her grey eyes followed his out to the reflective surface of the water, mixed with the occasional group of swimming campers. A small smile grew on her face until she heard a comment from James. Her hands immediately crossing over her chest, she raised an eyebrow at the son of Ares. "Checking me out are you, Carter?" Faye asked smartly. Returning to her previous position, Faye slipped her ear buds out and turned her Ipod off, to allow fewer distractions from the conversation. Strands of her dark hair slipped from her loosely made ponytail as she did so, to force her to bat them away.

"Sure thing," she replied with a small smile. Faye continued wrapping her ear buds around her Ipod, to prevent it from tangling in her towel as it usually managed to do.
Back to top Go down
welshy
out of town girl
welshy

PostSubject: Re: made of stone [private]   made of stone [private] I_icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 6:50 pm

dusk till dawn
They had danced together, the two of them, and James honestly wasn't sure what he thought about that yet. Lately had been an emotional rollercoaster; he had had rumours going around about the two of them because they had slow-danced and Taylor had come back and thet had messed up his brain a little. He just needed a bit of a break from the stress of It all, hence one of the main reasons he was here today instead of doing some duties or something. But he was glad that the relationship between them had moved on a little bit and they weren't always at one another's throats.

Shaking his head a little, the son of ares stifled a chuckle and briefly looked down again at Faye to catch her expression before breathing to warm air in deeply through his nostrils and shuffling on the spot slightly due to his hyperactivity. "Checking you out? Of course not, mcjean." he told her a little unbelievably, still smirking even if he was looking out at the waves Instead of at her, "Just making an observation, that's all." he stuck a hand inside the pocket of his shorts, licking his lips to moisten them because of the heat.

Sitting down when he request was accepted, he pulled the bag off his shoulder and placed it next to him, bending one leg up to rest his arm on it. James played with his hair a little as there was a silence between them, soon choosing to break it, "so is Vinnie here? Has he popped in for a little paddle with his arm-bands and goggles?" he teased in a high-pitched voice before his voice returned deep again as he laughed.

Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: made of stone [private]   made of stone [private] I_icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 7:25 pm

faye lynn mcjean

The daughter of wisdom raised her eyebrows skeptically at her fellow cabin leader, debating whether to continue pestering him or not. Then again, what was a conversation with James now days without joking? "Observations? Call them what you will, it's the same," she responded with a small smile, tossing her Ipod to the side of her plain towel. Faye reclined her position so that her elbows were supporting her, and still kept her at a decent angle for watching the beach and its inhabitants.

Faye was waiting to break the newly formed silence, but not before reading the glances of the campers walking past them. Surely this meant that they were doing what people did best again, spreading rumors. The girl had become aware of them, and merely brushed them off most of the time, but watching the event unfold was another thing. Besides, she would rather deal with rumors than having to out-match the Ares cabin leader every time she saw him.

His comment did strike a nerve though, and she stiffened at the mention of her boyfriend. "No," she replied. "Your interest in his whereabouts always amuses me though," Faye added calmly, sliding her shades back over her grey eyes.
Back to top Go down
welshy
out of town girl
welshy

PostSubject: Re: made of stone [private]   made of stone [private] I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 2:19 am

dusk till dawn
Rolling his eyes a little, James shook his head then, about to continue arguing even if he had been 'checking her out'. Like he would admit that to her. Wouldn't want her to get cocky now, would he? "No, it isn't the same." He told her, using his hands to talk a little and waving them around, "If I was checking you out I would've made a comment about how you look, instead of just saying what you were wearing and how it's a little different. I was observating" it was a surprise he even knew what 'observation' meant.

He thought it for a moment, and he realized that he did ask her where her boyfriend was most of the time. James just didn't like him, even though he didn't really have no reason to. He let his shoulders raise into a shrug, checking on the insides of his cheek whilst he inspected his index and middle finger on his left hand, which were practically fine again after breaking them both. They were still left a little wonky though, seeing as he had messed up his hand himself by trying to ram the bones back in himself. "Yeah well, I never see you around with him so." He answered nonchalantly, wondering if the two were even still together. He finally looked back over to her, his blue eyes watching her face, "Are you two okay?" He asked, his voice lacking any sarcasm or cruelty and just filled with curiosity.

ooc; posting before school i haven't done that in like a year
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: made of stone [private]   made of stone [private] I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 8:17 am

faye lynn mcjean

Faye rolled her eyes in response to his reply. Typical, wasn't he? Pausing a second to look out at the horizon, which was a dazzling blue color that reflected off of the smooth water, she shook her head. "So now you're stating the obvious?" she asked, raising an eyebrow at him. "Isn't that 'just saying what I was wearing'?" The daughter of Athena was intrigued by the fact that he was actually trying to keep up this argument, and doing it admittedly well.

Sitting herself back up, she returned to the position of dragging her knees to her chest and draping her arms over them. Faye found it much more comfortable and easier to hold than with her elbows. Her face darkened at his words. "Yeah, well, I never see you around him so." She had been trying to ignore that fact, and it had been working. "Yeah, well, he's busy and so am I," Faye lied, with a small shrug of her shoulders. "Yes, we are still together," she added firmly. There had to be more couples that didn't spend time together that were still together. It was possible wasn't it? Faye really hoped so, but lately she hadn't even had the time to think about him, being drowned in cabin leader work.
Back to top Go down
welshy
out of town girl
welshy

PostSubject: Re: made of stone [private]   made of stone [private] I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 12:31 pm

just little white lies
Amused by it all, let only smirking a little with one corner of his mouth, james didn't look over at Faye straight away when she continued to argue that he had been checking her out, although you could probably tell that he was pretty cocky right now. Cocky and smug and James were not normally good combinations. "So am I not allowed to state the obvious now?” He inquired, not sure really why he was keeping this up but thinking it to be funny, “and, trust me, if I was going to be checking a girl out, it wouldn’t be you. I don’t do nerds.” he mocked, not being able to help himself.

Watching as the girl next to him kept moving into different sitting positions as if she wasn't comfortable, James finally reached forward into his bag to pull out a pair of Ray-bans and slid them up his nose, shielding his blue eyes from the light better. But, analyzing Faye's face and reaction through the dark lenses, there wasn't much he could say. He just thought about what she said for a moment, finally adding "I didn't ask if you were still together. I asked if you two were okay?" Like her own, he added a shrug, "There's a difference."

Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: made of stone [private]   made of stone [private] I_icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2013 6:52 pm

faye lynn mcjean

Faye simply raised an eyebrow at the now cocky son of Ares as he continued to fight his part of the argument well. She brushed a strand of her raven colored hair behind her ear and simply nodded. "Right, my bad," the girl began softly. "You just make observations on nerds." Her grey eyes darted over to catch his reaction, hoping her comeback had been efficient enough.

At his comment, the daughter of Athena nodded, really wishing not to dwell on the subject much longer. It wasn't that she didn't like talking about her boyfriend, it just seemed like they were fighting a softer battle against work and actually spending time together. Currently, cabin leader work was prevailing. "I suppose, but yeah, we're fine," Faye responded with a small shrug.

Letting a silence settle among them, she felt compelled to start it up again, preferably on something other than her relationships. "So..." The girl turned over to study James' face for moment. "What have you been up to?" The words seemed terribly stupid in her mind, but Faye honestly had nothing else that had been brought to her mind to say.
Back to top Go down
welshy
out of town girl
welshy

PostSubject: Re: made of stone [private]   made of stone [private] I_icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 3:44 pm

bad little boy
Not sure whether, at first, James had hurt Faye's feelings or anything, he told himself that he didn't care even if he had. But he hadn't, and she just fired back a comment to him which just made him chuckle. He looked over at her from beneath the lenses of him glasses, seeing her do the same, before running his fingers through his tousled brown hair, "just observations." He agreed, even though it was pretty obvious to the both of them that he had been checking her out, though he had too big of an ego to tell her this.

He thought she was hot. Big whoop; James thought a lot of girls were hot. It was nothing to get happy over.

Shrugging once more when Faye decided that she didn't want to talk, or that she didn't have anything in particular to talk about, James just let his glance remain on her face, contemplating. After a moment he did look away again, although it was only really to stare into space. It sixteen year old felt slightly stressed lately, which was probably one of the reasons as to why he had been so tight and angry all the time, although he was starting to relax a little more and slip into his more laid-back mood. He hadn't really been the same since Tory left him really, or since he really took up cabin-leader position in general. It was pretty refreshing to kick-back.

Almost snorting when Faye went on to ask the question he had never thought she had asked in all the times they had talked, he then couldn't stop an almost childlike giggle escape, which really didn't match up with the tough persona he flaunted. From his sitting position, he leant back so he was lying down and shuffled over slightly so just his head was resting on Faye's towel with her, really not fancying getting his hair covered in sand. He closed his eyes then, staying silent for a minute even though there was a large smile on his face, "Oh, nothing much. Busted up my hand in a fight a few weeks ago, reached prestige five on Call of Duty, bullied some little kids. Same old, same old." He was partly joking about the last part unless you count swearing at five year old's as bullying, facing Faye a little more even though his eyes remained closed, "what about you?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: made of stone [private]   made of stone [private] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

made of stone [private]
Page 1 of 1