Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

when fate plays a game of chance [private]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

when fate plays a game of chance [private] Empty
PostSubject: when fate plays a game of chance [private]   when fate plays a game of chance [private] I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 12:48 pm

taylor lilian brooks
Daughter of Khione

Taylor didn't mean to end up in the beach. She didn't even know about the party in there. Nevertheless, he splendid display of Greek fire easily drew her in and before long, she found herself marveling at the new attraction the camp had to offer. Acting on impulse, the daughter of Khione followed the illuminated path further down the beach. The Demeter kids had done quite a good job on the plants, she observed. It really gave a Hawaii-ish feel to the whole thing. Just the perfect way to end the summer.

Having just come from her arena practice, Taylor looked rather overdressed for a night on the beach. Absently she started to tug on the collar of her white shirt, 'Camp Half Blood' splattered across its front in a grungy font. Even with her auburn hair already brushed up in a ponytail, Taylor still felt a little too hot for her taste. She should change, she thought. The night was still young, after all. If she headed back to the cabins right now she could return just in time for the fireworks display. Besides, she could also drag some special friends along with her to enjoy the sight. Taylor grinned, rubbing her palms together in anticipation. Yeah, that sounded like a good idea.

Taylor spun around on her heel so quickly in excitement and wouldn't you know it, collided into someone that had the consistency of a brick wall. Ouch. Mentally cursing herself for her stupidity, Taylor clutched her nose as she took a few steps back, eyes squeezed shut. Most people would've apologized on reflex, but not Taylor. Unless she had a good enough reason, she wouldn't let slip a single 'sorry' through her lips. "Oww... I'll watch my step next time - " she cut off, opening her eyes a fraction and catching a glimpse of the person she bumped into.

Taylor couldn't believe her eyes. She swallowed thickly, finding it hard to drink in the sight. Her lips were pursed, eyes widened, skin pale under the light of the Greek fire. Silence fell upon the girl as she could only stare at the boy she had been trying so hard to avoid. It seemed the fate was against her once again. "Hi... James," she said slowly, averting her gaze and looking off into some point in the distance behind him instead. "It's been a while."
Back to top Go down
http://phoenixsapphire.deviantart.com
welshy
out of town girl
welshy

PostSubject: Re: when fate plays a game of chance [private]   when fate plays a game of chance [private] I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 1:21 pm

I ain’t censoring myself for nobody,

I close both locks below the window, I close both blinds and turn away. Sometimes solutions aren't so simple; sometimes good bye's the only way. And the sun will set for you. The sun will set for you. And the shadow of the day, Will embrace the world in grey. And the sun will set for you, just set for you.

Despite the fact that it was getting darker, the air was still quite warm and moist. Despite the heat, James had chosen to wear a thick Nirvana sweater, pair of dark baggy chinos and Vans. Then again, he was wearing nothing beneath his sweater, and the sleeves had been rolled up. Still, he was pretty overdressed, and not really fitting in with the crowd gathering to watch the firework display, considering he had ditched the camp T-shirt. James didn’t really care, considering that the camp shirts looked atrocious. James would rather jump off a cliff than be seen in one of them, not really one to follow the rules. He had no clue how he had become cabin leader with rebellious attitude. Then again, most Ares campers were the same. He assumed he lived up to their stereotype, despite being pretty…nice beneath all that brute force.
James had come here to party. Summer was almost over, and a lot of the people he was close to would be leaving for another year, so he was planning on enjoying their last times together. James was probably going to do something he regretted, no surprise, but he honestly didn’t care right now. He wanted to have some fun, and that’s what he would do, no matter whatever happened.
Hands stuffed in the pockets of his chinos, which rested low of his hips, James’ blue gaze was fixed to the ground as he made his way to the heart of the brief event, not really looking where he was going. He was walking behind a few people, but wasn’t really looking at them. That was until one turned so fast, walking straight into his torso. James stopped, but didn’t falter. It took a lot more than a little nudge for James to be knocked over or to stagger back or anything. “Watch it.” He growled, annoyed, about to walk past when processing the voice, stopping himself before he could move and looking at the girl’s face, his black and thick eyebrows raising.
Oh damn, what were the chances of this happening? The last time James had seen Taylor, he had just shot a man. James was stubborn that nothing was going to ruin his night however, pushing away any anger from his thoughts and replacing it with amusement at the coincidences. “What’s up, Taylor?” He replied, forcing a half-hearted smile to his lips. It was better than them both cussing at each-other, right? “It has been a while, yeah.” He agreed, biting his lip. He looked at her, finding her look better than ever. “You look…great.” He told her, slightly awkward. Man, he hadn’t imagined being stuck in this position, so he didn’t really know what he was meant to do.

outfit; here • tag; pesh<3 • words; 457 • muse; 'superstar' by lupe fiasco

Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: when fate plays a game of chance [private]   when fate plays a game of chance [private] I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 6:00 am

taylor lilian brooks
Daughter of Khione

Biting her lip, Taylor directed her gaze downward and developed a sudden interest in the sand-covered ground. What should she say? What should she even think? Last time she saw James was in a courtroom, about to be punished for a crime he had no choice but to commit. Sure, she was relieved that he managed to get out of that, but still, she hadn't really planned on talking to him after. Taylor nearly rolled her eyes. As if she can avoid the guy forever. Considering that they basically lived in the same place, Taylor already assumed it a miracle that they haven't met before now.

"The sky," she answered his first question, barely forcing the words out through the lump that had already formed in her throat. What a pitiful attempt at sarcasm. She should just call it quits and leave. But that would be terribly rude, and she had already done James enough rude things to last a lifetime. She brushed a stray strand of hair off her face and finally looked back up at him - quite a feat, she thought, considering the fair amount of courage that mere action entailed. Her lips twitched slightly, almost as if holding back a smile. "Don't I always? Oh, er, I meant thanks. And... you too. You look great." Curse her arrogance. Curse it to the deepest pits of Tartarus.

She watched James for a few moments, shifting her weight awkwardly between the balls of her feet. He didn't really change in terms of physical appearance, she thought. But looking at him now, she knew that no one would think that the very same guy had been nearly sentenced to life imprisonment. Especially when... "Congrats," she said, managing a small smile, "cabin leader."
Back to top Go down
welshy
out of town girl
welshy

PostSubject: Re: when fate plays a game of chance [private]   when fate plays a game of chance [private] I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 8:24 am

I ain’t censoring myself for nobody,

I close both locks below the window, I close both blinds and turn away. Sometimes solutions aren't so simple; sometimes good bye's the only way. And the sun will set for you. The sun will set for you. And the shadow of the day, Will embrace the world in grey. And the sun will set for you, just set for you.

Shaking his head with both amusement and disbelief, he couldn’t help but roll his eyes at her. “Original.” He scoffed, running a hand through his brown hair. A lot had changed about him since they had last met. He was a lot more tough and closed off now, hardly ever letting anyone get close to him. That, obviously, had been why he had gotten in the position in the first place, and he would never let himself do that again. He was just 100% jerk to everyone but his siblings now, which is what he wanted and planned for. Did he look like the kind of guy that was nice? He was just living up to his image and stereotype. He also didn’t use any hair products now, and stopping their use was like a druggie loosing his supply. It was hard, and James was dramatic.
Not being able to help but grin when Taylor became full of herself, James moved the sleeve of his sweater even higher up his arm, starting to feel hot. “You haven’t changed a bit, have you?” he asked incredulously, licking his lips and looking over her shoulder at a ground of girls walking past his for a moment before back at Taylor, cocking an eyebrow.
Shrugging in quite a smug way, James couldn’t help but smirk as she confirmed that she knew about him being cabin leader and all. “What can I say? I’m loved. And the people have spoken.” He said cockily. He didn’t see her cabin leader, did he? He didn’t even know if she had run or anything. What did that have to say about the girl?

outfit; here • tag; pesh<3 • words; not enough • muse; 'pumped up kicks (like me)' by jaden smith<3
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: when fate plays a game of chance [private]   when fate plays a game of chance [private] I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 9:34 am

taylor lilian brooks
Daughter of Khione

"Change is hard," Taylor said simply, before turning her head slightly to the girls that caught James' attention. How typical. Rolling her eyes, she brought her gaze back to the son of Ares. "I see you haven't. Still playing the game, Lover Boy?" She raised her eyebrows, already sure what the answer was going to be. Besides, her mind was set. Sure, maybe he didn't use as much hair gel than he used to but other than that, James didn't change a bit. Or so she thought, anyway.

Taylor folded her arms across her chest, feeling a little defensive. "The least you can do is say 'thank you,'" she said, smirking back. Sinking into a more familiar ground, she felt drastically more comfortable than she did a few moments ago. It almost felt like nothing really changed between them, the way they talked now. In a way, it somehow felt more like the time they first met. Two cocky people facing off, molding words into weapons of war. With that thought in mind, Taylor gave him a scrutinizing look. "Loved, my ass. What have you been feeding them?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: when fate plays a game of chance [private]   when fate plays a game of chance [private] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

when fate plays a game of chance [private]
Page 1 of 1