Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Attempting to play the game...

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

Attempting to play the game... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attempting to play the game...   Attempting to play the game... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 10:20 am

I cracked up as soon as I heard him say Ronron. Grace had called me that a few times. It was a running joke. the fact that she had no nickname, and I had about six.
'I've been here four, going on six years. What about you?' I asked in between laughs.
I registered what I had seen. A flash of something in Jonathan's eye's. Confusion. Or at least I thought it was.
I slowly slid over to him.
'Are you okay?' I muttered, quiet enough that Simon wouldn't hear.
Back to top Go down
http://tombraiders.tumblr.com
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Attempting to play the game...   Attempting to play the game... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 11:19 am

Attempting to play the game... - Page 3 Jonathan-150x150
Jonathan Wyatt Adams
Son of Aphrodite

"I'm fine," Jonathan reassured her. I'm fine. An automatic response.

"Oh, this is my fifth year, but my first as a year-ro--Oooh, what's the secret, guys?" Simon asked, wiggling his eyebrows as he eyed the two. "Come on, no need to whisper behind my back! My lips are sealed so feel free to talk about anything juicy!"

Jonathan laughed a little. It seemed like there was no escaping Simon's gaze. "Nah, Ronnie was just telling me how cool you are," he teased, bumping fists with the guy.

Chuckling a little, Simon appeared touched by the statement. "Aww! Thank you, Ronron! You are now my new best friend!" he exclaimed, stretching his arms as if to hug her but stopped a second later, thinking better of it.

Back to top Go down
http://phoenixsapphire.deviantart.com
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: Attempting to play the game...   Attempting to play the game... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 11:28 am

((You edited the post. By mistake you put Simon's picture and stuff, didn't you? xD ))

Again, I cracked up.
'Are you aware that Simon is very strange?' I said to Jonathan, smiling.
He seemed okay. A joker. And as a son of Hecate, that was cool. My friend Kendra...well she was just claimed as a child of Hecate, and she wasn't as bubbly as this boy. The oppisate in fact. Quiet, and not in the least bit bubbly. Altough she was if you got to know her.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Attempting to play the game...   Attempting to play the game... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 11:59 pm

Jonathan Wyatt Adams
Son of Aphrodite

"Strange? Ah, I am pleased to tell you that you're the 149th person to call me 'strange.' I swear the number's growing by the day..." He looked up and nodded, his face thoughtful.

Jonathan burst out laughing at that. "Yep, definitely aware."

Simon grinned, taking advantage of his distraction to take the basketball from his loose grip. He started to dribble his way to the ring, throwing the ball with one hand and still managing to score. "You like b-ball, Ronron? Forced Athan to play with you?"

Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: Attempting to play the game...   Attempting to play the game... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 1:55 pm

I raised my left eyebrow.
'149th? Gods, now I feel special! I'm not exactly good at basketball. But I don't mind it,' I looked at Jonathan then,'Did I force you to play? You should have said something if you hadn't wanted to play,' I smiled.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Attempting to play the game...   Attempting to play the game... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 2:07 pm

Jonathan Wyatt Adams
Son of Aphrodite

Jonathan waved her off. Leave it to Simon to say something like that. "Just because you haven't seen me play doesn't mean that I don't want to," he hollered after him, earning a laugh from the black-haired boy. Chuckling along as well, he turned back to Ronnie. "He's just not used to seeing me in court."

"I'm also not used to seeing you with a pretty girl!" Simon added heartily. "Well, Ronron, it was nice meeting you! I'd hang out with you more if Jonathan here wasn't so possessive!"

Grinning, Jonathan shook his head slightly. "I'm right here, y'know!"

Simon feigned a look of surprise. "Oh my gods, since when? I didn't notice!" He threw the ball at him, the son of Aphrodite catching it before it hit him full on the face. "Just kidding, bro. Welp, until next time, Beautiful," the world rolled off his tongue easily as he gave Ronnie one last wink before leaving.

Jonathan waited until Simon was out of sight before saying, "That went well." A hesitant pause. "You like him?"

Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: Attempting to play the game...   Attempting to play the game... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 3:59 pm

I laughed as Simon left.
Then I turned back to Jonathan. I smiled at him.
'He was...interesting. And I thought my friends were pretty strange. Now I have decided to rethink my definition's of "Funny", "Strange" and "Super Strange". No. Kidding aside, he was okay,' I grinned at Jonathan, and all I was thinking was how I was happy Simon was gone.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Attempting to play the game...   Attempting to play the game... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 8:55 am

Jonathan Wyatt Adams
Son of Aphrodite

Jonathan couldn't explain the strange relief he got at Ronnie's answer. "Yeah, he's pretty weird at times. Wouldn't have it any other way," he admitted, rubbing the back of his head as his other hand balanced the spinning ball on his index finger. The slight red-orange tint his surroundings got startled him for a bit and he looked up at the vermilion sky. Was it that time already? He didn't think the whole thing lasted the rest of the afternoon and into the wee hours of the evening. Time sure flies when you were having fun.

"It's gonna get dark soon. We can continue our game another time. Tomorrow maybe?" he asked hopefully. He wasn't sure why, but he wanted to see her again. Asap.

Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: Attempting to play the game...   Attempting to play the game... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 9:15 am

I grinned. He wanted to continue the game tomorrow.
'Definatly. We should try to continue the game tomorrow...or maybe we should try something different. I mean, we've been in the mess hall..the courts, maybe the beach or lake or something tomorrow. What do you think?' I asked, smiling.
I would at least get to have another chance to see did he like me back.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Attempting to play the game...   Attempting to play the game... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 9:22 am

Jonathan Wyatt Adams
Son of Aphrodite

He shrugged, not really minding where it was going to be. He wanted to see her again, period. It didn't matter if they were going to play ball or hang out somewhere else. "Sounds good," he agreed, smiling widely. Jonathan threw the ball one last time and it bounced off the rim as expected, luckily rolling towards where the other balls were kept. Sure saved him the time and effort of putting it back.

"I'm heading back to the cabins," he announced, looking over at Ronnie with his hands dug deep in his pockets. "You coming?"

Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: Attempting to play the game...   Attempting to play the game... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 9:28 am

I smiled and laughed lightly.
'Sure. Let's go back to the cabin's,' I said, catching up to him.
It was cool he had agreed to meet up tomorrow. And it would be fun. Thoughts whirled around my head, as I smiled at him.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Attempting to play the game...   Attempting to play the game... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 9:40 am

Jonathan Wyatt Adams
Son of Aphrodite

Returning her smile with one of his warm ones, Jonathan waited for her before walking. He tried to slow down to match her strides, seeing that if he walked in his normal speed he would've overtaken here so easily. Thank his long legs for that.

"Your siblings aren't as... protective as Grace, are they?" he asked, looking a little doubtful as he turned to her.

Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: Attempting to play the game...   Attempting to play the game... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 9:52 am

I laughed and shoke my head.
'No! She's just...strange. Wait! How do you know she's over protective? She was barely as bad as she usually is,' I raised my eyebrow and tried to look series, but I cracked up after a minute.
I might be very somber when I was around people I wasn't sure of, I was always "bubbly" around my friends.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Attempting to play the game...   Attempting to play the game... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 10:10 am

Jonathan Wyatt Adams
Son of Aphrodite

"'Who are you? Who's your parent? Why are you here with Ronnie?'" He paused, snorting a little at his lame impersonation. "If that wasn't protective I don't know what is," he said, grinning at the memory. As to why he perfectly recalled Grace's words, he didn't really know for sure. Perhaps she was just that scary at the time that she drilled her words permanently into his mind without even realizing it. That sounded reasonable enough.

Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: Attempting to play the game...   Attempting to play the game... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 10:20 am

I chuckled.
'Okay. Agreed. That was Grace at one of her lowest protectivness though. She has been known to threaten people with death. Usually with a pickaxe or her mascara. Then poeple laugh and scoff in her face and are all "Mascara? Pffh" and then she pulls out said mascara, opens the top and she's holding this awesome sword and their like "Ohh! Please don't hurt me!",' I laughed at the thought of the boy who had done that.
I couldn't help but wonder why he had remembered the words, but when Grace was staring at you, people usually remembered subconciously so they could recite it later.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Attempting to play the game...   Attempting to play the game... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 10:46 am

Jonathan Wyatt Adams
Son of Aphrodite

Jonathan burst out laughing. Death by mascara did sound ridiculous. Death by sword-disguised-as-mascara was more threatening, even if it also sounded a little weird especially to mortals. "Remind me never to get on her bad side," he said with a little nod. "Maybe she has a bit of an Ares blood in her? I mean, she does act a little terrifying. Just a little."

Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: Attempting to play the game...   Attempting to play the game... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 10:52 am

I pretended to think about it for a moment.
'Now that I think of it, our cousin's, cousin's, uncle's, brother's, son's, daughter's a child of Ares. Maybe it rubbed off onto her?' I giggled slightly.
It was a tongue twister, and I was sure that there was no such person in our family. But it was almost as if she was a child of Ares when she got annoyed or got ready for a fight. I could remember at least two capture the flags where she had helped win, because of her inner violence.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Attempting to play the game...   Attempting to play the game... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 7:38 am

Jonathan Wyatt Adams
Son of Aphrodite

Ronnie already lost Jonathan at 'uncle.' He joined in on her laughter, not trying to make it obvious that he had run out of things to say. Frankly, he wasn't the best conversation-holder in the world as he was more used to others taking that role. As their laughs died down, he slightly welcomed the silence that soon followed, only broken by the sound of their footsteps. Maybe it's good, he thought feebly, not feeling altogether convinced of himself. Hm, didn't people say that 'silent water runs deep'? Was the silence actually better for them? A little confused by the sudden turn his thoughts took, Jonathan casually dug his hands in his pockets and kept his gaze on the ground. His back was a little hunched and his head slightly bowed down, making him look shorter than he actually was.

I should say something, the more assertive part of his mind told him. Yeah, he probably should. But what? What was he supposed to talk about? The weather? No, that would sound awkward. At this moment, Jonathan wished that he had Simon's talent in words, how the older boy never seemed to run out of topics. He could keep a steady conversation with almost anyone, a trait that Jonathan wanted to have. Maybe there was something stopping him--his shyness, perhaps?--or maybe he was just not destined to be this way.

Gods. What serious thoughts that plagued this boy's mind! Jonathan could almost hear Simon telling him to lighten up.

"The weather's nice," he suddenly blurted out, the words coming out before he could stop himsef. It was done on an impulse. On a whim.

Then he mentally facepalmed himself. All those things in his head, and he spoke about the weather? He really needed to get a grip on himself.

Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: Attempting to play the game...   Attempting to play the game... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 8:01 am

The silence was only slightly awkward. I didn't mind it so much though. I was used to silence. The silence when in class I gave the right answer to something we hadn't done yet, and no-one was expected to get. The silence when I was on my own. The silence in a room when Grace left. I was just about to break the silence when he burst out:
'The weathers nice.'
I repressed a smile and thought for a moment, looking up at the sky.
'It is. Very...dusky. Altough it usually is this time of day,' I chuckled.
There was no other thing I could think to say. Thoughts whirled around my head, each one sillier then the last. Then I came up with something.
'Were you like a brain? Really smart? As in, you remembered random quotes and such?' I asked, instantly regreting it.
The whole sentence had sounded terrible.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Attempting to play the game...   Attempting to play the game... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 8:24 am

Jonathan Wyatt Adams
Son of Aphrodite

Jonathan chuckled at the dusky comment. But then he cocked an eyebrow at her latest question, all the while glad that the conversation hadn't completely died down. He was amused though. Him? A brain?

"No," he said, smiling. "I'm not really labeled as anything, I guess. Just the kid who sat at the back of the class. What made you think I was a brain?"

Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: Attempting to play the game...   Attempting to play the game... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 8:29 am

I thought for a moment. At least he wasn't offended.
'I guess I thought you were a brain because well, you seem so...intense. You go quiet, and I just know your thinking of something,' I smiled.
Not being labeled was what I would have liked. Instead I was labeled the nerd/klutz at the back of the class.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Attempting to play the game...   Attempting to play the game... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 8:42 am

Jonathan Wyatt Adams
Son of Aphrodite

Jonathan shook his head slightly, failing to hide the grin on his face. What can he say? He did feel a little flattered, no matter how much he tried to hide it. Ronnie thought he was smart--book smart like all those brainiacs back in class. "Really? I'm just used to the silence, that's all." He paused, looking over at her thoughtfully. "Are you? A brain, I mean."

Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: Attempting to play the game...   Attempting to play the game... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 8:48 am

I saw his grin, and chuckled myself.
'Yes. No..I was told I was. I just remember stuff. And sometimes I try to read novels as well. ADHD and Dyslexia suck,' I smiled and started to laugh.
The conversation was getting so serious.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Attempting to play the game...   Attempting to play the game... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 9:22 am

Jonathan Wyatt Adams
Son of Aphrodite

Jonathan couldn't help but agree. ADHD and dyslexia gave them even more reasons to not be normal, factors that prevent them from living a good monster-free mortal life. What Jonathan would do to be free from all of this... He sighed, ruffling the hair on the back of his head just for the heck of it.

"Guess you can pass as an Athena kid, huh?" he teased her, lightly nudging her arm with his elbow.

Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: Attempting to play the game...   Attempting to play the game... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 9:27 am

I grinned and lightly nudged him back.
'I suppose I could. I bet I could pull off glasses and nerd clothes,' I laughed, then thought about what I said,'not that I'm saying that Athena campers are nerds. I'm just messing.'
I sighed. Sometimes I wondered if I was actually a human being, nevermind a demigod.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Attempting to play the game...   Attempting to play the game... - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Attempting to play the game...
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next