Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Attempting to play the game...

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

Attempting to play the game... Empty
PostSubject: Attempting to play the game...   Attempting to play the game... I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 2:47 pm

I slowly bounced the ball. Once, twice, three times. I threw it, and the ball hit the rim and bounced off.
'Oh great,' I muttered, running to get the ball back.
I was still trying to find something I could do without totally embarassing myself. So far, not succeding. More like failing miserably, but it was fun, in a morbid kinda way. I picked the orange and black ball up and jogged back to the hoop.
My wrist was throbbing, but I needed to get it better. Doing this might help.
Slowly I concentrated and bounced the ball for my next throw.
Back to top Go down
http://tombraiders.tumblr.com
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Attempting to play the game...   Attempting to play the game... I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 3:43 am

Attempting to play the game... Jonathan-150x150
Jonathan Wyatt Adams
Son of Aphrodite

Jonathan wasn't good nor bad at sports. He wasn't a jock back in school, but he was neither the kind of kid who was picked last in teams. He did sports as a hobby, something to kill his time with when he had nothing else to do. It wasn't something he did in camp though, as he thought it was more important to practice his swordfighting with dummies rather than play ball with the other guys. But sometimes, he occasionally made his way to the courts to watch games. And today was one of those times.

What he hadn't expected, however, was the lone girl trying to shoot. Jonathan fought back a smile when the ball bounced off the rim. He knew he wasn't supposed to laugh or anything, but he found it cute how Ronnie played around in the basketball court. Something in her movements told him that she didn't do this often... perhaps she was just out of things to do like he was? Only one way to find out.

"You sure that's a good idea with that wrist?" Jonathan called out from a few feet away, grinning. "Never knew you like being in pain," he added with a small wink as he made his way towards her, his hands dug deep in his pockets.

Back to top Go down
http://phoenixsapphire.deviantart.com
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: Attempting to play the game...   Attempting to play the game... I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 7:48 am

I started and turned. It was Jonathan, and I quickly relaxed. The ball bounced steadily slower on the ground.
'Gods, are you trying to give me a heart attack?' I smiled,'I don't exactly like pain. But it's healing a bit because of the ambrosia, so I just thought I'd try.'
I twisted my wrist in a circle, trying to loosten up the muscles. It still throbbed, and I was grateful for the distraction.
'What about you? Are you able to actually get the ball in the hoop?' I asked, picking the ball up and offering it to him.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Attempting to play the game...   Attempting to play the game... I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 9:20 am

Jonathan Wyatt Adams
Son of Aphrodite

His eyes zeroed in on the ball and stayed there. When had the last time he handled a basketball? He was probably out of practice, given how long it was since he last played. Grinning, Jonathan took the ball out of Ronnie's grip and dribbled, trying to get the feel of it in his hands. Finally he looked up at the hoop and focused, letting the ball roll out of his finger and into the hoop. He waited anxiously as the ball landed on the rim of the hoop and rolled around in a circle before falling off to the other side. Ah well, and it was so close too... he thought ruefully. Letting out a breath he didn't realize he was holding, Jonathan snapped his fingers and turned to Ronnie.

"So close... Ah well, not like I'm a jock," he said with a slight chuckle. "The guys always hate me for having this height. What they wouldn't give to be over six feet tall. They say I'm wasting it because I don't play much b-ball." Jonathan picked up the bouncing ball and threw it over to Ronnie, hoping she had good reflexes.

((Oh look I'm here rping instead of studying lol xD Procrastination at its finest))
Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: Attempting to play the game...   Attempting to play the game... I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 9:30 am

I reacted quickly and threw my hands up. By chance, I had enough sense to keep a grab of the ball.
I laughed when I caught it and concentrated myself. I threw it, and it hit the back board and bounced back. Quickly, I put my hand up to stop it from going any further.
'At least you got it almost in. I'm taller then some of the kids my age, but I'm a bit clumsy. As for b-ball, I'm hopeless,' I smiled and picked up my bottle of water. I took a sip and put it back again.
'Sorry, it's rude. Do you want a bottle of water? There's a pack over at the benches,' I stopped and waited.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Attempting to play the game...   Attempting to play the game... I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 9:42 am

Jonathan Wyatt Adams
Son of Aphrodite

"No thanks. I'm good," Jonathan said, giving her a thumbs up. He picked up one of the spare balls by the bench and spun it on his finger. Happy that he was still able to balance the spinning ball for a few seconds, he looked around to see if they had an audience and saw that they had none.

"So watcha doing here alone?" he asked curiously, repeatedly tossing the ball upwards then catching it. "Not your thing to hang out with your pals, is it?"

Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: Attempting to play the game...   Attempting to play the game... I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 10:14 am

I chuckled as he spun the ball.
'Okay I could never do that!...I havn't made up with my cousin yet, and the fact that I'm kinda shy means I don't have any other friends. Any way, I am hanging out with a pal,' I stopped when I realized what I said an ducked my head and blushed.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Attempting to play the game...   Attempting to play the game... I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 10:29 am

Jonathan Wyatt Adams
Son of Aphrodite

The ball fell off his finger the exact moment Ronnie blushed, and so Jonathan had been distracted enough not to spot the trace of pink in her cheeks. Chasing the ball that seemed intent on bouncing and rolling away from him, he managed to run all the way to the far end of the court.

"Guess you're lucky I came by?" he called out to her as he finally picked the ball up and spun it again in his fingers. Slightly out of breath, he started to make his way back to her, but not close enough to see her flushed cheeks. "Hm, made up? Did you two fight or something?"

Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: Attempting to play the game...   Attempting to play the game... I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 10:45 am

He had missed my blush, and that made my heart calm down a bit. I don't know why. I don't understand human emotions, but I should have.
'Yeah. We had a fight over the mascara-slash-sword. When she tried to kill me? I havn't exactly forgiven her yet. And she's not making an effort, so you know. I'm waiting for her to say the first thing.' I smiled, still slightly red in the face, but enough that it could be from when I was running. Or at least I hoped so.
'What about you? Shouldn't you be with all those healers? How is your face now that I come to think of it? Is it okay?' I asked, trying to change the subject.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Attempting to play the game...   Attempting to play the game... I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 12:21 pm

Jonathan Wyatt Adams
Son of Aphrodite

Grace tried to kill her..? Jonathan wasn't quick enough to stop the look of surprise that crossed his face. He was about to comment further when Ronnie sprang a question at him, no doubt to change the topic. She didn't seem keen enough to discuss the little fight with her cousin. Jonathan silently obliged, knowing it wasn't any of his business and it would be plain rude to pry.

"Well it's fine now, thanks to the ice," he said as his hand subconsciously went to his jaw, feeling the bruise that wasn't there anymore. There only remained a slight bluish mark, but it wasn't even visible if you hadn't looked close enough. "My friend gave me an earful though," he spoke, reliving the short and funny memory. "Told me I'd get a punch to the face the next time I ask her for some ice. Said she's getting tired of seeing me beat up, is all," he added sheepishly.

Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: Attempting to play the game...   Attempting to play the game... I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 12:33 pm

I realized that my attempt at changing the subject wasn't gone un-noticed. Not that I didn't want to talk about it, only...well it wasn't something a boy was likely to understand.
'Tough friend,' I laughed joking,'Doesn't it defeat the purpose of asking her for ice if she's going to just punch you anyway? Gods, your lucky that she didn't decide to do it today or you would have been a block of black and blue,' I smiled at him.
Why do I seem to make bad jokes? I thought to myself, Why can't I just not say what comes into my mind? But I knew the answer. I'm too impulsive...too ADHD...the little voice at the back of my mind answered. Shut up, I said mentally. A great sign to be arguing with yourself Veronica. Probably half way round the bend...
'Just going crazy,' I muttered to myself, then I remembered I had company and looked up, embarassed.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Attempting to play the game...   Attempting to play the game... I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 8:27 am

Jonathan Wyatt Adams
Son of Aphrodite

"It happens. Anyone who lives in this kind of world would have thought they were going crazy at first," he said thoughtfully, tossing the ball and catching it like before. Jonathan snickered. "Aaah, I'll just go make a new Khione friend in the near future..."

"OMG! Athan!" an excited voice squealed out of nowhere followed by a flash that obviously came from a camera. Jonathan blinked at the sudden light and whipped around for the source. He grinned and waved at his friend who was currently hurrying towards the two of them.

"Wow. Just wow," Alex said, surprised, giving Ronnie a once over before throwing a sly grin at his direction. "About time! I'm so happy for you!" she said, throwing her arms around Jonathan, squeezing him once before letting go. She turned to Ronnie after, beaming, throwing her hand out for her. "Hi there! I'm Alex, friend of Jonathan."

Still in a bit of a daze as to what really happened, Jonathan looked up and saw Alex introducing herself to Ronnie. "It's not what you think," he quickly said, wanting to correct any misconception Alex may have had about this encounter. The daughter of Zeus glanced over at him, her eyes telling him to shut up before turning back to Ronnie. Sighing, Jonathan shot Ronnie an apologetic look. Excuse her please, he tried to tell her with his awkward grin.

Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: Attempting to play the game...   Attempting to play the game... I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 8:47 am

I was a tiny bit shell-shocked as the girl rushed over. She was pretty, and was holding a camera. I blinked a few times and realized that she was holding a hand out to me. I grasped it and quickly rearranged my expression into a smile.
'I'm Veronica Lyric. Daughter of Apollo. It's nice to meet you Alex,' I said.
I looked over at Jonathan and silently tried to tell him, It's honestly okay, but knowing my luck he probably thought it meant something different.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Attempting to play the game...   Attempting to play the game... I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 7:02 am

Jonathan Wyatt Adams
Son of Aphrodite

Jonathan didn't know what to make of the look Ronnie gave him and he could only hope that it was something positive. One of his hands went to rub the back of his neck as he watched Alex warily. He knew how the girl's mouth can be. As Alex had kindly volunteered to supply him with a love life (even going so far as to drag him into parties so he could socialize), Jonathan was just a little anxious as to how she would respond to seeing him together with Ronnie. They weren't together together, but seeing from Alex's eyes, he didn't think it was too hard to mistake them for that.

"Well nice to meet you, Veronica!" Alex said, shaking her hand once before letting go. She threw a half-glance at the nervous boy behind her before continuing. "So... how long have you known each other? I swear it's about time he finally found someone! I mean, look at that face! Girls flock him for that face and he isn't using it right!"

Growing even more embarrassed by the minute, Jonathan arranged his face into a sheepish expression complete with a grin. Alex shook his head at him. "See what I mean?"

"Alex, it's not like that," he started to reason. "We're not... She and I... Just friends..." He faltered under his friend's gaze. Rolling her eyes, Alex waved them off.

"Say all the things you want, Athan. I know a couple when I see one."

Jonathan scratched his head awkwardly, blushing slightly at Alex's words. The girl left him absolutely speechless and flustered.

Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: Attempting to play the game...   Attempting to play the game... I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 7:13 am

I had to fight my mind to stop from cracking up. Alex seemed like the type of person who said before she thought, and the look on Jonathan's face was priceless. Then I heard the last sentence.
"Say all the things you want, Athan. I know a couple when I see one." she said.
The laugh that was stuck in my throat quickly turned into a cough and a splutter.
'What? You think- No...it's not like that,' I quickly got out. I blushed then. Why did it bother me so much?
'We're...just friends. Not-...that,' I said, watching Alex's face.

Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Attempting to play the game...   Attempting to play the game... I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 7:49 am

Jonathan Wyatt Adams
Son of Aphrodite

It was clear to the daughter of Zeus that she was right, at least she thought she was right. Jonathan could feel the smugness roll off her in waves. He could plainly see that both him and Ronnie were clearly getting bothered by Alex's sudden intrusion, but it wasn't like he could just tell the girl to leave. He was too polite for that.

"Alex, didn't you have something to do today? I kinda remember you saying a while back that you have something planned..." Jonathan invented wildly, trying not to listen to how clueless he sounded. But then, the smug look on Alex's face faded into that of realization and she snapped her fingers.

"Oh my gosh! You're totally right!" she immediately burst out. "I have to meet Taylor in--oh gods it's thirty minutes past! She's going to be so pissed!" she said, her voice fading into a squeak as she realized just how much trouble she was in. Alex gave Jonathan a quick friendly hug. "Thank you for reminding me!" She rushed to hug Ronnie too but whispered a few things to her ear before letting go.

"I swear to gods, you'll be kicking yourself later on if you let that kind of boy go."

And with that knowing smirk on her face, Alex waved one last time before hurrying away. Jonathan breathed an audible sigh of relief once she was out of sight. "Whew, that was close. That was really a wild guess. Didn't know she really had to do something..." He smiled at Ronnie, unaware of Alex's parting words to her. "She may not look it, but Alex can be really scary at times. Daughter of Zeus, see."

Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: Attempting to play the game...   Attempting to play the game... I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 8:08 am

With Alex's parting words ringing in my ears I tried to listen to Joanthan. But all I caught was 'really had to do' and 'Daughter of Zeus'. I shook myself mentally and tried to keep my poker face up.
'Ah, she wasn't so bad. A little...flamboyant, but I can deal,' I smiled.
Was Alex right? If I was supposed to try...ask him out...it didn't bare thinking about. I was the girl who hadn't gone to the Junior prom, because I had no date. I couldn't actually get the courage up...
Then I realized that I actually did like him. That was a strange feeling. But how would I know he liked me back? I would say I liked him, and then he would laugh in my face like all the other boys had. Gods, why was it so hard? It used to be so much simpler to tell if a boy liked you. He'd run up, punch you on the arm and run back to his friends. Those were the days.
I looked Jonathan in the eyes, still smiling, while I tried to see any indication that he liked me back
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Attempting to play the game...   Attempting to play the game... I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 8:29 am

Jonathan Wyatt Adams
Son of Aphrodite

Jonathan returned her smile with one of his own. His cheeks were still a little flushed by the embarrassment just a few minutes before. "'Little' is an understatement," he corrected her. "She's a walking radio, really. You haven't seen that part of her yet."

Jonathan ruffled his hair slightly. It was sticking up as usual. "Hope my hair doesn't distract you," he said with a slight smirk, noting the faraway glint in her eyes.

Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: Attempting to play the game...   Attempting to play the game... I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 8:37 am

I snapped out of my thoughts and laughed. His hair really was very un-ruley, but I found it cute. Now I had realized that I liked him, I was noticing him in a new light. His eyes, the way they sparkled, his hair...Snap out of it Veronica, I scolded myself.
'It's probably why I couldn't get the ball into the basket. Your hair strickes again,' I smiled.
I really need an Aphrodite's help, I thought. Jonathan's an Aphrodite camper. No Veronica bad girl, bad. Maybe Alex would help...
'Well, what if I wanted to see her as a radio? Where would she be after she finishes with...Taylor?' I asked him innocently.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Attempting to play the game...   Attempting to play the game... I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 8:44 am

Jonathan Wyatt Adams
Son of Aphrodite

Grinning in spite of himself, Jonathan abandoned his attempts to fix his hair as he sank into deep thoughts. Where did Alex hang out? He hadn't really thought of it before. Usually they just bump into each other or she barges in the Aphrodite cabin to drag him to whatever party she was going to attend. He had never really sought her out--it was she who did all the seeking out.

"Cabin One? Oh wait, she doesn't like that place... Er... I don't really know," he admitted with a slight laugh. "Just walk around and sooner or later she'll end up bumping into you. It happens to me."

Jonathan tilted his head to the side in slight confusion. "Now that I think about it... She and Taylor don't usually hang out. Dunno what they're up to right now."

Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: Attempting to play the game...   Attempting to play the game... I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 8:52 am

I tried to stay perky and smiling, but now where the hell was I supposed to find Alex? She seemed to know Jonathan the most, so she would be the best to ask. But I suppose, in the Aphrodite cabin, there might be some kid who knew him. I'd have to find out later.
'Now I'm confuzzeled. Who's Taylor? Boy, Girl, monster?' I asked, joking on the last part.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Attempting to play the game...   Attempting to play the game... I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 8:55 am

Jonathan Wyatt Adams
Son of Aphrodite

Jonathan burst out laughing. "Girl with a little bit of monster," he said as he leaned in, before pulling away and looking around frantically. "Don't tell her I said that. She's the one I went to for ice."

He studied her for a few moments. Was it just him or did she looked a little troubled? Besides, why would she go looking for Alex anyway? "You alright?"

Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: Attempting to play the game...   Attempting to play the game... I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 9:06 am

He asked me was I alright and I started to debate telling him. Two army's fighting in my mind, each trying to get me to work their will. On the one hand, there was the side telling me to just ask. To get it over with and just see. On the other, telling me that it was too early. That I would just end up getting hurt again.
Each had a valid point, and I was honestly torn.
'Jonathan, I...I just thought she seemed cool. Like when I met you. It just seems like she's okay,' I grinned, and cursed myself. I had started, but I just couldn't get it out. It was too alien a decision.
I must not fear. Fear is the mind killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see it's path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain, I chanted in my head. Since I was seven, that little quote had helped me face whatever my latest fear was. But it wasn't working now.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Attempting to play the game...   Attempting to play the game... I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 9:13 am

Jonathan Wyatt Adams
Son of Aphrodite

Raising his eyebrows at her, Jonathan wasn't really convinced. He decided not to push it though. It didn't look like whatever troubled Ronnie was for his ears. He smiled in encouragement, in an effort to brighten her up. "She's great once your ears get used to it. Won't take long, really." He paused for a few moments, thinking. "Well I guess you can ask Taylor. She might know where she is."

Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: Attempting to play the game...   Attempting to play the game... I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 9:17 am

I smiled. He wasn't pushing it, and I was grateful.
'Thanks. Me thinks that I will ask for Taylor when I get back,' I said as I dribbled the ball.
'How about a game? I bet you 5 dollars that I can lose,' I laughed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Attempting to play the game...   Attempting to play the game... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Attempting to play the game...
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next