Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Memories at the Pine

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
DrgoFx

DrgoFx

Memories at the Pine Empty
PostSubject: Memories at the Pine   Memories at the Pine I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 11:30 pm

Hephaestus||Raphael Cornell||Fifteen

Raphael stood on top of Halfblood Hill, watching over the street below and leaning against Thalia’s pine. So many thoughts rushed through his head. He contemplated the roles of demigods, his family, his father, everything. For once, he questioned why things were the way they were, not just accepting it. He felt a slight pain from the back of his head and suddenly forgot what he was thinking, but continued to gaze at the empty road.

”This is where all of our destinies meet…” Raph said aloud, remembering the day he arrived at camp. It wasn’t anything too special. He survived a hellhound attack, big deal. It took a few hits of bronze arrows to kill the damned thing, not like it was a challenge. But what got his attention was how quick the other campers acted. It didn’t feel like anything big was going on. Everyone protected one another, but at the same time they bickered and fought, sometimes tearing each other limb from limb.

Raph looked down at his watch, look over the engravings and with a heavy sigh, he look back at the road. ”Why can’t we all live normal lives?” He asked. Spending time alone wasn’t good for him, he always thought too much. He needed to work, or talk and get his mind off things. He worried a lot about his family, about his siblings, about everyone at camp. He never grew to hate anyone, but he didn’t exactly talk to them either.
Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: Memories at the Pine   Memories at the Pine I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 12:08 am

Cassie Rush

Cassie was on guard duty at the border. There was a few different types of guards here at camp. There were border patrols. Guard duties. Air patrol. And so much more she couldn't even list it all. Cassie had her bow on her back and her quiver stocked full of arrows when she heard just the slightest noise. Her mind flashed back to the day she found that boy hiding in the woods with a lighter. She'd thought he was an enemy demigod just creeping around. So she'd almost killed him. Cassie promised she wouldn't do that this time, though. Cassie pulled out a knife from her belt just in case and placed one foot in front of the other, creeping forward towards the Pine tree. She slunk through the bushes surrounding the pine, and stepped out of the one bush to find her half-brother, Raphael. "Oh," she said softly. Her shoulders dropped just the slightest when she saw him. It wasn't anything good. Dammit, she'd been hoping for a monster or at least a scorpion. She loved those things. The pincers were hysterical.
The daughter of Hephaestus sheathed her knife and ran a hand through her hair, her body relaxing. She liked her brothers. They were really cool most of the time.

© lama gama.

Back to top Go down
DrgoFx

DrgoFx

PostSubject: Re: Memories at the Pine   Memories at the Pine I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 12:18 am

When Cassie shifted from the bushes, Raphael just kind of tilted his head, his expression that of slight surprise but also warm invitation as he laughed at her relaxing. “Sorry Cass, just me.” He responded, turning back to watch the mortal world. “Monsters haven’t really been showing up lately…makes me kind of sad. I wanted to test out this new watch.” He commented, flashing his wrist at her. It was good to have a half-sibling with him, he felt a bit more at ease with Cassie’s company.

Raph pushed himself off the tree and turned to face his sister with a warm smile. “I take it you got guard duty?” He asked the obvious question. Raph liked doing that, pointing out the obvious. It annoyed some people but at the same time, it showed him who paid attention, which surprisingly enough sometimes no one was. He relaxed his arms and slipped his fingers in his pockets, his thumbs hooking on the outside and he conversed with his sister.
Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: Memories at the Pine   Memories at the Pine I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 12:31 am

*turns le lightning poster on* ((Man, you roleplay just like Dan does. D:))

Cassie Rush

Cassie watcher her brother slip his thumbs into his pockets, which kind of caused her to hook her thumbs onto her belt loops of her jeans. The nice thing about camp was that her mother wasn't there to tell her not to wear tank tops and jean shorts all year round. She did what she wanted, dammit. She was a rebel. Shaking herself from her thoughts, Cassie shrugged, "Yeah. I've got stupid guard duty. I've been on the hunt for monsters of some sort, like a few of the big ones. But I haven't found any," Cassie tried not to look too disappointed.
Cassie often looked forward to killing real life monsters because she spent most of her time in the forge making weapons so she was itching to actually use them. Cassie's skin was pasty white and she wore dark circles under her eyes from lack of Vitamin D. She never went outside during winter. Not even at camp. She was always busy with new inventions and fixing camp cars and such. She hadn't even had the time to go out and buy a dress for Spring Fling. Honestly the whole Spring Fling thing didn't really bother her as much.
"You know... I've been itching to go on a quest lately. I want to get out of this camp," she said, wistfully settling her multi-colored gaze on the horizon. She'd only been here for two or three years but, already she was bored.

© lama gama.

Last edited by Annie on Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DrgoFx

DrgoFx

PostSubject: Re: Memories at the Pine   Memories at the Pine I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 12:43 am

Raphael laughed at his sister’s anxious attitude, looking out to the horizon with her. ”I know, I’ve been wanting one too…” He muttered, a bit disappointed now. It was odd with his brethren for one sole reason, a lot of them just wanted to forge weapons and machines and he would rather use his tools, not give them out to be used. He looked back at his watch and sighed, the gun function still not working for him.

He pressed the black button and let it spiral out into its gauntlet form and he held it up to Cassie. ”This thing has been bugging me for the past week…” he muttered, pointing his opposite finger at the caliber barrel outlet on the second row. ”I don’t know why but it doesn’t fire strong enough…It just makes big dents in Automaton hides…” He muttered, implying he wanted Cassie’s assistance.
Back to top Go down
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

PostSubject: Re: Memories at the Pine   Memories at the Pine I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 12:57 am

Memories at the Pine Untitled-1
>>D E S I R E E k a t a r i n a W I L L I A M S<<

-------------------------------------------------------
y o u W E R E a P R O B L E M c h i l d
B E E N g r o u n d e d Y O U R w h o l e L I F E
s o N O W y o u r e R U N N I N w I l d

Desi strode along the borders of camp, not really paying attention to where she was walking. It wasn’t like she was going to get lost or anything. Camp was only so big. Besides, they had a ton of campers at camp, even if she got lost, she would probably be found within a few minutes. At least, as soon as they realized that she was gone. She had her earbuds in her ear; listening to some song she couldn’t recall the name of, and trying to kill some time. It wasn’t as if she cared what song it was. As long as it wasn’t Justin Bieber or something she just simply despised.

She wasn’t really paying attention when she realized that she was about to walk into Thalia’s Pine. She stopped abruptly and blushed, hoping that nobody saw her, but it was evident that someone did because there were two people standing in front of her. She recognised the girl to be from her cabin, but she couldn’t recognize the boy. Maybe he was new perhaps? He could possibly be in another cabin like the Khoine cabin. She didn’t really know the Khoine kids. Maybe he was a Nyx kid… She shook her cloud of thought off, trying to refocus.

She hadn’t really been paying attention to things lately. She’d been accidentally burning herself in the forges, being late for dinner and lunch, all those other things that most people would care about. She just shrugged them off like they were no big deal at all.

Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: Memories at the Pine   Memories at the Pine I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 1:03 am

Cassie Rush

"Lemme see it," she said, holding her hand out for the watch/gauntlet. She kenw about weapons stuff much more than other demigods due to her heritage, but weapons wasn't her speciality. She was more of a mechanic. She'd studied sketches of aircrafts and rockets and that was the stuff that she loved. She absolutely loved it. Her brothers thought it was...different but they didn't have a problem with it. Not that she knew of anyways.
She was good with weapons, but really only the standard kind. When it came to tinkering with things, she was alright, too. She could take apart a clock pretty fast and put it back together and she could smelt and hammer, but she just couldn't craft. She didn't do designs.

© lama gama.
Back to top Go down
DrgoFx

DrgoFx

PostSubject: Re: Memories at the Pine   Memories at the Pine I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 1:11 am

The tall boy looked at the new arrival and retracted his gauntlet, taking the watch off and handing it to Cassie for her to fiddle with. He then gazed at the new girl, analyzing her thoroughly. He was trying to place a name to a face. He knew all the names of the Hephaestus children, but he didn’t talk to every single one. He scratched his head before coming out with his answer. ”Destiny is it…?” He asked, but immediately knew he was wrong. ”No…There are no Hephaestus kids named Destiny from my knowledge…don’t tell me.” He stated, looking over her again.

It took him a few more seconds before snapping his fingers. ”Desiree, right?” He asked with a bright smile. ”I don’t believe we’ve officially met. I’m Raphael.” He told her, extending his hand for a shake, but he would probably be turned down. ”Three long summers here and I still don’t know all my siblings.” He said in a joking manner.
Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: Memories at the Pine   Memories at the Pine I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 2:18 pm

Cassie snorted ever so delicately. She glanced at Raph briefly before taking the gauntlet and nodding at her half-sister. "Hey, Desiree," she said, not taking her eyes off the gauntlet. Cassie plopped down on the ground on her knees, bent over the little thing, working with tools that she'd pulled out from her belt. Above her, she could hear her siblings conversing, but she wasn't really hearing them.

She pulled a phillips screwdriver out from her belt, poking at a screw. In a matter of minutes, Cassie was pretty sure the thing was fixed. She stood up, straightening her orange Camp shirt and handed it back to Raph. "I think I got it. Although if I were you I'd try it out, first."

Back to top Go down
DrgoFx

DrgoFx

PostSubject: Re: Memories at the Pine   Memories at the Pine I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 2:59 pm

Raphael awkwardly pulled his hand back and slipped it into his pocket again as Cassie worked on his device. He looked Desiree over again; he had only seen her a few times but not often. He found it odd that he’d never taken the opportunity to talk to her before. He was normally very open to his siblings, it was just other campers that he wasn’t so outgoing with. Cassie handed him his gauntlet back and he raised an eyebrow and took it from her hands, fitting it on perfectly.

With his other hand, he pulled out a square of bronze metal and looked out to the road. He then tossed the square up towards the road quickly aimed down his gauntlet, the holographic cross hairs materializing instantly to assist. Just as the shard of metal as about to drop, Raph’s arm jerked and the gun barrel fired loudly. The next thing anyone could see was a collection of metal scrap dust calling onto the road. ”Thanks Cass.” He said, turning to her with a grateful smile. ”I was afraid I was trying to cram in too many things…” He muttered with a laugh before letting the gauntlet retract back into its watch form.
Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: Memories at the Pine   Memories at the Pine I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 3:12 pm

"No, but something wasn't right in how it was fitted together," she answered, brushing a long piece of red hair behind her ear. Cassie followed his gaze to the mortal world out in front of the camp's borders. Though he was now playing with his gauntlet, she wondered if there was something else out there that he'd been watching. Perhaps Raph had spotted a monster... but if he did he probably would've told her already.

"What's out there that you keep glancing at?" Cassie inquired rather bluntly. She never beat around the bush with things. She found it annoying and often time she'd get terribly confused about what she was talking about.

Back to top Go down
DrgoFx

DrgoFx

PostSubject: Re: Memories at the Pine   Memories at the Pine I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 3:24 pm

Frowning at his sister, Raph shook his head, looking back at the mortal world. ”I don’t know. I have this strange feeling something’s out there…watching us.” he told. He honestly couldn’t place his finger on the exact feeling. His mind just raced. Specifically, he was worried about his sister. She meant the world to him and she could live a normal life, but he always felt like his life as a demigod would come in and ruin.

”I don’t think it’s major…but I can’t shake the feeling.” he told his siblings. Raphael took a step forward, as if challenging whatever was out there to come for them but nothing happened. One of his hands had shifted from his pocket to a small metal rod hooked by his belt. He knew something was up. ”Please tell me you feel it too…” He asked of Cassie.
Back to top Go down
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

PostSubject: Re: Memories at the Pine   Memories at the Pine I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 3:29 pm

Memories at the Pine Untitled-1
>>D E S I R E E k a t a r i n a W I L L I A M S<<

y o u W E R E a P R O B L E M c h i l d
B E E N g r o u n d e d Y O U R w h o l e L I F E
s o N O W y o u r e R U N N I N w I l d

Desi hadn't noticed that they were talking to her. "Oh hi, what?" he said in a dazed expression. She felt really awkward, not paying attention to their greetings and such. It made her feel rude and snobby. She finally registered what he had just said, but it still confused her. Maybe the smoke was really getting to her head. "Feel what?" she said curiously. She mentally facepalmed. Sometimes she said the stupidest things ever without realizing it. Not like what she was saying bothered her. It was the reaction she would get from other people. Sometimes it was a laugh, sometimes it was a stare, and sometimes, people just sighed and walked away at her helplessness. It made her feel uncomfortable, and this was a perfect example.

~Crappy post. I know~

Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: Memories at the Pine   Memories at the Pine I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 3:36 pm

She listened to him and let her brain shut down for a few moments. Cassie's eyes blinked shut and she just breathed in and out for a moment. Deep in her gut, something wrenched and she sucked in a breath quickly. Her eyes fluttered open and she sputtered, "You're right.. something's out there," her multi-colored gaze flickered over to Raphael and then over to Desiree. Her hand slid down to her belt where she kept an extra dagger if her bow wasn't able to be reached.

"It's definitely strong whatever it is," Cassie stated more to herself than to her siblings. "Why don't we go looking for it?" She suggested with a slight, adventerous glint in her eyes. Her hand slid onto her bow off of her dagger. That little dagger wouldn't take care of much.

Back to top Go down
DrgoFx

DrgoFx

PostSubject: Re: Memories at the Pine   Memories at the Pine I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 4:04 pm

Raphael had a slight smirk and looked back at Cassie. ”Wouldn’t hurt, right?” He stated, before turning to Desiree. ”Coming or are you going to stand there day dreaming?” He teased before setting off away from the boarder of Camp, already unfolding his gauntlet. Once it was free, for use, Raph brought out one of the rods on his belt and as he held it loosely, it extended into a mace, spits of fire covering the club like spikes. He began twirling it playfully as he reached the bottom of the hill.

He scanned the ground a bit, the sun setting made things a bit difficult to see but then off in the distances, Raphael saw something, something big. It began to walk towards him and he whistled softly, starting to think this may be a bit more than he could handle. He quickly grabbed his other mace and took his stance as the figure became more clear. At this point, Raph could see it was tall and beefy, with horns sticking out of its head. ”Minotaur.” Raph muttered under his breath, the bull man stepping onto the road, cracking the pavement slightly under its weight.
Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: Memories at the Pine   Memories at the Pine I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 4:29 pm

Cassie glanced back at Desiree and opened her mouth to say something, but was stopped when she heard something crack. It sounded like... bones cracking or maybe something hard breaking. Cassie shot a glance at Desiree and dashed down the hill towards the direction her brother had headed in. Her eyes widened at the site of the monster.

It was a huge, hairy cow-type thing with giant horns on its big ugly head. "Holy..." she muttered, cursing. Cassie slowly backed up the hill, tripping and falling backwards onto her back. She scrambled up and raced over to the nearest tree. The lowest branch was about a foot above her head but Cassie lifted her arms and jumped, catching the branch with an, "Umph!" Her hands pulled tight from the friction and burned. She managed to pull herself up, scraping her elbows, grabbing at the branch.

Standing on the branch, she reached for another one, hoping her bow was still secured onto her back. In a matter of seconds, she had scampered up to the top of the tall Pine tree and was now sitting on a branch with her legs dangling downwards. She could feel the tree swaying under weight, since she was at the top, but that didn't matter. She was close enough to the Minotaur to kill him with about ten arrows if she had good shot. She sent a silent pray up to Apollo and Artemis and nocked an arrow. She pulled the arrow back with her first finger and middle and the string was taut against her arm.

She let go and the arrow flew through the air. It just skimmed over the top of the Minotaur's shoulder. The Minotaur roared and frantically looked around. She hoped Raph would understand what to do and do it. "Come on, Raphael, go for offense now."

Back to top Go down
DrgoFx

DrgoFx

PostSubject: Re: Memories at the Pine   Memories at the Pine I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 4:59 pm

The beast slowly marched its way to him, completely ignoring Cassie and all Raphael could do was stare it down. A skinny demigod probably wasn’t that threatening to a monster of this size, but that idea was about to change. Raph watched out of the corner of his eyes as Cassie climbed her way up the tree. It encouraged him to stand his ground as the Minotaur came closer. Twenty feet away. Eighteen. Sixteen. Bam, something caught its attention. Raphael looked up to see a grazed wound on his shoulder; clearly Cassie needed better arrows or something.

As the Minotaur roared out in annoyance, Raph dashed side-ways, lunging at the beast. His hand slid down to his belt and he plugged his mace handle into something. When he moved his mace away, he was behind the Minotaur and jabbed whatever extension he just equipped to his mace into its thigh. A spark of electricity could be sing and then suddenly the entirety of the bull’s leg was writhing in volts. Raph rolled back as the beast swung at him, barely missing his clubbing fist.

Once Raph was back on his feet, he looked up at the bull man and smirked. ”Hey tall, dark and ugly. Come get me, I snap like a toothpick!” He teased, and jumped back as the Minotaur to another swing. Raph looked over at the tree Cassie was in and gave her a look like Get this thing away from. But it nearly got him killed as the Minotaur tried to head butt him, making Raph dive out of the way and forcing the bull head first in the dirt.
Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: Memories at the Pine   Memories at the Pine I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 5:11 pm

Scrambling for a different set of arrows, she yanked out an arrow with a purple shaft. She had four different types of arrows. Steel arrows, wooden arrows, CB arrows, and poisoned CB arrows. The poisoned ones were purple and she only used them for dire situations. Sweat trickled down her face as she nocked the first arrow onto the bow. With careful precision, she pulled the arrow taut, aiming at the Minotaur's heart. She let the string go, the and shaft burned past her arm. Quickly, she loaded a second one, aimed for the beast's face and shot. Another arrow was shot, too.

The first arrow lodged itself into the Minotaur's chest and the beast staggered around. The second arrow buried itself in the beast's eyes, and the monster roared in agony. Its screech was like metal cats fighting, somehow. And the final arrow was what took the monster down completely. It buried itself into the monster's heart and the Minotaur collapsed onto the ground. Cassie scrambled down the branches, wincing as the wood scraped her thighs and arms. She hit the ground softly like a cat and ran towards her brother.

Back to top Go down
DrgoFx

DrgoFx

PostSubject: Re: Memories at the Pine   Memories at the Pine I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 2:55 am

As Raphael watched it fall to the ground from the wounds of Cassie's arrows, he stood up to the huffing, panting beast as it gasped for it's last breaths. After a short moment, Raph fired a celestial bronze bullet into the bull's skull, watching it finally collapse in defeat and materialize into gold dust. "I don't know why...I don't know how...but I have a feeling this wasn't some lonesome monster looking for trouble." He stated, turning from the gold dust to his sister. He smiled at her reassuringly. "But that was a good shot...Not bad for a Hephaestus child." He said teasingly, sheathing his maces, but keeping his gauntlet on in case.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Memories at the Pine   Memories at the Pine I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Memories at the Pine
Page 1 of 1