Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

The Courtyard

Go down 
+11
Alexia
Sun-Spawn
Lily Kardon
Remplissage
Mako
Gazimu
hunter11
jehowell
daveyp1997
Questionare♣
Tarus
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage

The Courtyard Empty
PostSubject: The Courtyard   The Courtyard I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 10:28 pm

I walk into the central courtyard and make a beeline for the fountain. While I wait for Marco to catch up, I fish around my pocket for a drachma.
Back to top Go down

The Courtyard Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Courtyard   The Courtyard I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 3:28 pm

I hurried and stopped by Aelia as she pulled something large and golden out of her pocket. To the best of my knowledge, it seemed to resemble a golden dollar coin. "I don't get what you're doing," I stated bluntly. "Tossing a coin in that fountain isn't going to do much," I told her. I sighed. I should have really stopped judging things before I saw them. Nothing made sense anymore.
Back to top Go down

The Courtyard Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Courtyard   The Courtyard I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 4:19 pm

I smile at his presumptions. "This," I say to him, "is a golden drachma. I'm assuming you know what they are?" I say, raising my eyebrows, challenging him.
Back to top Go down

The Courtyard Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Courtyard   The Courtyard I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 6:42 pm

I grinned. I knew exactly what a drachma was. "A drachma is an ancient currency unit found in many Greek city states during Ancient Greek times. Though I don't know where you managed to come across one in modern times," I muttered. "Anyway. A coin is a coin. Tossing it in that fountain isn't going to do much but make the coin wet, and you'll most likely lose your coin," I explained to her, with a slight grin on my face.
Back to top Go down

The Courtyard Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Courtyard   The Courtyard I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 9:09 pm

I walk around the courtyard with my long golden and bronze sword and it turns as bright as the sun when i reflect the sun off of it."Im gonna go into the Labyrinth" I mutter just barely for some people to hear.
Back to top Go down

The Courtyard Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Courtyard   The Courtyard I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 10:04 pm

"Dude the thing clasped two years ago"I tell him like he was insane
Back to top Go down

The Courtyard Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Courtyard   The Courtyard I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 4:56 pm

"Very good," I say smiling. "As for the second part of your explanation...well, in the regular world that would be right. Wait one sec..." I say, waiting for the sun to come out from behind the cloud. As it does, a rainbow forms in the fountain. A smile plays on my lips. "Watch and learn, Marco." I throw the coin and watch it dissipate. "Oh Iris, goddess of the rainbow, please accept this sacrifice and grant us communication with...umm..." I quickly whisper to Marco. "Say your dad's name!"
Back to top Go down

The Courtyard Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Courtyard   The Courtyard I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 6:43 pm

I blinked, not sure what was going on, but for the sake of clarity I was pretty much forced to play along. "Charles Hope," I announced to her, and then waited and looked at the rainbow, which was glittering madly, waiting for something odd to happen. I didn't know what to expect from this strange ritual. Why couldn't she just use a cell phone? Or just send him a letter?
Back to top Go down

The Courtyard Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Courtyard   The Courtyard I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 7:06 pm

"Charles Hope...cool name," I said as I waited for Iris to follow through. A faint image of a grown man appeared and I said, "I'll leave you alone with your father, if you want."
Back to top Go down

The Courtyard Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Courtyard   The Courtyard I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 7:24 pm

I smiled at him. "Father," I told him. "What is this place? What is going on?" My father frowned slightly. "I was hoping this day wouldn't come. The day when you'd find out about your ancestry." I blinked. Ancestry? What was he getting at? "Are you saying you knew?" My father nodded. "Yes, I knew. I can't tell you the name of your mother, you're going to have to wait until she claims you," he said to me. "Claims me? What does that mean?" My father sighed. "My son. Your life is going to change forever. Whether it's for the better or for worse depends on your outlook of it. All I know is that life will be dangerous. You will have to learn how to defend yourself."

Information was flooding to my mind faster than I could comprehend it. First off, a monster which I thought was mythical attacked me, then I ran into a strange camp which claimed that I'm the son of a mythological figure, and then I find out that magic is real, and my father knew this, and hid the truth. "But why did you not tell me?" I asked him. "It was for your own good. Now, I can't tell you much more. But if you want, I can send you some luggage, as well as your laptop. Would you like that?" he inquired. I smiled and nodded. "Yes, send it over as quickly as you can." My father smiled and nodded. "Take care, son," he concluded, as the holographic message vanished before my eyes. I was still bewildered.
Back to top Go down

The Courtyard Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Courtyard   The Courtyard I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 7:31 pm

"I see you've had time to talk with your dad?" I say.
Back to top Go down

The Courtyard Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Courtyard   The Courtyard I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 8:10 pm

I nodded. "Yes. I just want to go home... I just want to wake up from this odd nightmare," I told her. "But it's not a nightmare, is it? The gods are real? And I bet not only the Greek gods are real.... Ra, Odin, Quetzalcoatl! What the heck, let's throw in Cthulhu!" I exclaimed, angrily and sarcastically. I fell to the ground, landing on my posterior, and clutching my cranium. "This cannot possibly be real..." I moaned, still in shock about this.
Back to top Go down

The Courtyard Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Courtyard   The Courtyard I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 8:15 pm

I sigh. Looks like this would be a tough case. "Well, I don't know about those gods. All I know is that the Greek gods are real, and that this isn't a nightmare." I crouch down besides him. "I know you want to go home. Most of us do. But a lot of us can't. You're lucky your dad is still alive, with you leaving your scent all over him for all these years. If you go home, you just put him in more danger. And although it sucks, right now, this is your home."
Back to top Go down

The Courtyard Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Courtyard   The Courtyard I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 8:29 pm

I looked at her. "You're right. I don't want to endanger my father.... and I don't want to live here.... this place defies all laws of physics. I am not kidding," I muttered. I heard a beeping noise, and then I looked over at the Half-Blood hill, seeing a small black car. It was my father's car. I ran up to it, and he smiled at me, emptied the trunk of a suitcase, and then hugged me. "Take care," he said. "Say hello to Chiron for me, as well as your mother, if you meet her." I blinked. "But who is my mother?" But my father had left.
Back to top Go down

The Courtyard Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Courtyard   The Courtyard I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 8:58 pm

"Yeah, I know," I said, smiling sadly. I watch him run up Half-Blood Hill to meet a car.
Back to top Go down

The Courtyard Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Courtyard   The Courtyard I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 10:10 pm

After my father ran off, I walked back to Aelia. "So, where do I sleep?" he asked. "The daytime seems to be waning, and nightfall is approaching ever quickly." He yawned and stretched, slumping slightly. "And I'm starting to get rather lethargic. I need sleep."
Back to top Go down

The Courtyard Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Courtyard   The Courtyard I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 7:36 am

"Well, right now, since you haven't been claimed yet, you'll be sleeping in the Hermes cabin. Once you get claimed, you'll move to the cabin dedicated to you mother."
Back to top Go down

The Courtyard Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Courtyard   The Courtyard I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 7:11 pm

I looked at her and nodded. "Very well. Lead me to Hermes Cabin," I requested gently. "It can't be that bad. Let's go." I approached one of the cabins, dragging my luggage and peeking inside the window. "Is this one Hermes Cabin?" I asked, seeing no one inside the cabin. It looked like a plain wood cabin, with a symbol of the moon on the door.

Last edited by AllHailThrall on Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:12 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : To add color)
Back to top Go down

The Courtyard Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Courtyard   The Courtyard I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 4:39 pm

OOC: Posted in Hermes
Back to top Go down

The Courtyard Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Courtyard   The Courtyard I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 9:13 pm

"Hi Aelia. Who is he?"I say then turn to the other person."Hope to see you around camp."
Back to top Go down
Tarus

Tarus

The Courtyard Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Courtyard   The Courtyard I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 4:01 pm

I look around the courtyard. "I'll ask Marcus if he wants to have the campfire singalong here." I say to myself. "Possibilities......." I mumble to myself.
Back to top Go down

The Courtyard Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Courtyard   The Courtyard I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 8:48 pm

OOC: Neither Marco or I am in the courtyard now. However, I am just about to bring my character Ariella here.

I run into what seems to be a big courtyard. Tears are still falling from my eyes. I see two people milling about but decide to ignore them until I absolutely have to acknowledge them.
Back to top Go down
Questionare♣

The Courtyard Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Courtyard   The Courtyard I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 8:00 pm

I run into the courtyard, searching for my cabin. I notice a girl crying. I feel bad for her. Walking up to her, I ask, "Whats wrong?" I hate looking at people crying.
Back to top Go down

The Courtyard Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Courtyard   The Courtyard I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 8:31 pm

i see a girl sitting with a weeping girl. i jog over there to see what had happened. "what happened?"
Back to top Go down
Tarus

Tarus

The Courtyard Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Courtyard   The Courtyard I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 4:12 pm

"Oh no! Ariella what's wrong?" I say sympathetically. I walk over to her and hand her an icecream cone. "Icecream makes everything better." I say to her.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Courtyard Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Courtyard   The Courtyard I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Courtyard
Page 1 of 11Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next