Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

[Open] A Shadow of the Past

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
MichioShirota

MichioShirota

[Open] A Shadow of the Past Empty
PostSubject: [Open] A Shadow of the Past   [Open] A Shadow of the Past I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 3:56 am

Caden Evans

Caden walked towards the beach, his eyes on the frozen water. The land had been covered in snow. It seemed alone and desolate, a perfect place to practice his magic without accidentally hurting someone. Pulling a black book out of his pocket, he unstrapped his staff from his back, and smiled eagerly. He flipped the page in his book, and found a basic barrier spell. He lifted his staff, and chanted the words. A black force field wrapped around him, and he felt power surge through his form.
Back to top Go down
Prince Deity

Prince Deity

PostSubject: Re: [Open] A Shadow of the Past   [Open] A Shadow of the Past I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 2:38 pm

Jake was walking along the beach, looking out at the ocean when he saw a flicker of darkness in the corner of his eye. He turned toward it, and saw a boy wrapped in what looked like a black bubble. Jake blinked a few times, thinking he must be crazy, but as he walked toward the boy, he could only see it all the more clearly. "Woah," he said when he got closer to the boy, "how did you do that?"
Back to top Go down
MichioShirota

MichioShirota

PostSubject: Re: [Open] A Shadow of the Past   [Open] A Shadow of the Past I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 4:10 am

Caden felt the boy's presence before he even got to the beach. Lowering his staff, the barrier dispersed into black smoke and faded with the horizon.
"It's not too difficult, if you are a child of Hecate, Goddess of Magic."
Caden observed the boy carefully, who obviously wasn't an enemy. Caden's eyes were shimmering purple from using his magic recently, but they slowly phased out to their normal color, electric blue. His wavy black hair covered his right eye, and seemed to flow with the wind. Overall, Caden seemed very mysterious in his black hoody and jeans. Holding his staff made him look even more mystifying. It was truly a sight to behold.
Back to top Go down
Prince Deity

Prince Deity

PostSubject: Re: [Open] A Shadow of the Past   [Open] A Shadow of the Past I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 4:03 pm

Jake walked up to the boy as the black bubble flickered away. He saw the boy's eyes change colors as the barrier went down, but just dismissed it as normal. Color changing eyes, magic bubbles, children of gods... yup, just another day at camp. "Well nice to meet you," he said, "my name is Jake."
Back to top Go down
MichioShirota

MichioShirota

PostSubject: Re: [Open] A Shadow of the Past   [Open] A Shadow of the Past I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 10:27 pm

"I'm Caden." He replied.
"Nice to meet you as well."
Caden offered Jake a handshake, his electric blue eyes observing him carefully.

Back to top Go down
Prince Deity

Prince Deity

PostSubject: Re: [Open] A Shadow of the Past   [Open] A Shadow of the Past I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 10:45 pm

Jake shook the boy's hand, raising an eyebrow at him. The look in Caden's eyes was a little off putting, as if he were expecting Jake to draw a weapon. Jake's eyes quickly darted down, scanning the boy for weapons. Like himself, Caden seemed to have two daggers. "So why are you out here," Jake finally asked, "wouldn't your cabin be a more fitting place for practice?"
Back to top Go down
MichioShirota

MichioShirota

PostSubject: Re: [Open] A Shadow of the Past   [Open] A Shadow of the Past I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 11:08 pm

"I prefer being outside, and nobody gets accidentally hurt here, if a spell goes wrong. I also enjoy practicing alone, or with a few friends. So, who're you a son of?"
He smiled wryly.
"And, the reason I looked at you that way is because you can't be too safe.
Back to top Go down
Prince Deity

Prince Deity

PostSubject: Re: [Open] A Shadow of the Past   [Open] A Shadow of the Past I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 11:12 pm

Jake glanced at the ocean. "Triton," he said, grinning. "And I agree, you can never be too cautious. I have recently learned not to trust anybody too quickly." Jake thought to himself, happy that he had learned the lesson by something so trivial as a relationship, rather than literally getting stabbed in the back.
Back to top Go down
MichioShirota

MichioShirota

PostSubject: Re: [Open] A Shadow of the Past   [Open] A Shadow of the Past I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 1:24 am

Caden grimaced, memories flooding his brain. "Just bad experiences, I guess." He shuddered, trying not to remember the ones who abandoned him.
"So, your a child of Triton? What sort of things can you do? I love the water myself. Probably why the beach is one of my favorite spots to train."
Back to top Go down
Prince Deity

Prince Deity

PostSubject: Re: [Open] A Shadow of the Past   [Open] A Shadow of the Past I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 1:29 am

Jake let out a small laugh. Funny, he thought, how safe of an assumption it was to think somebody had some sort of inhuman ability. "I'll show you," he said, grinning as he walked over to the shore. Not even bothering to take his short off, Jake jumped into the water, diving down deep, staying under for several minutes, watching the surface to see if Caden would look down to try an find him.
Back to top Go down
MichioShirota

MichioShirota

PostSubject: Re: [Open] A Shadow of the Past   [Open] A Shadow of the Past I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 1:53 am

Caden watched the water carefully, and then he raised his staff, closing his eyes. He began chanting, his voice full of power. The end of his staff began to shimmer black and purple, and as it shimmered, so did Jake. In Jake's mind he could hear "Found you. I can see through your eyes, and hear you."
Back to top Go down
Prince Deity

Prince Deity

PostSubject: Re: [Open] A Shadow of the Past   [Open] A Shadow of the Past I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 2:02 am

Jake shook his head violently and pushed himself to the surface. He walked up the shore, glaring at Caden. "Please get out of my head and stay out," he said in an angry tone. If there was anything he hated more than anything else, it was people messing around in his head. A person's mind should belong to them and them alone.
Back to top Go down
MichioShirota

MichioShirota

PostSubject: Re: [Open] A Shadow of the Past   [Open] A Shadow of the Past I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 5:44 am

Caden lowered his staff, and stopped glowing.
"I wasn't in your head. I simply set up a means of communication from far-away. If I was in your head I'd be able to read your every thought, which I can't even do."
He sighed, looking a little bored. His eyes still glowing slightly.
Back to top Go down
Prince Deity

Prince Deity

PostSubject: Re: [Open] A Shadow of the Past   [Open] A Shadow of the Past I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 3:23 pm

"If you can see what I see, you're in my head." Jake glared at Caden who seemed to be bored of him. Jake glanced up and saw a boy walking along the beach. Speaking of in your head...

Jon walked along the beach, his hands in his pockets, when he saw Jake talking to a boy dressed in black. Jon grinned to himself, happy to at least find a friend out here, and decided to walk down and talk to the two.
Back to top Go down
MichioShirota

MichioShirota

PostSubject: Re: [Open] A Shadow of the Past   [Open] A Shadow of the Past I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 4:41 pm

Caden observed the new boy, his eyes stopped glowing and were their original color of electric blue.

Caden leaned on his staff idly, watching the boy approach carefully, waiting for him to arrive.
Back to top Go down
Prince Deity

Prince Deity

PostSubject: Re: [Open] A Shadow of the Past   [Open] A Shadow of the Past I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 3:14 am

Jon stopped a few steps away from the boy in black. Something about him seemed unsettling. Jon cautiously looked the boy in black up and down, then turned his attention to Jake. "So who's your new friend?"

Jake didn't really feel like answering. He really didn't consider this guy a friend. Far from. But he really had no good reason other than Caden being inside his head for a moment, but Jon was his best friend and could do much worse. "Jon, meet Caden. Caden, Jon.

Jon stuffed his hands into his pockets and nodded at the boy in black, hoping he wouldn't try for a handshake. "Nice to meet you."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Open] A Shadow of the Past   [Open] A Shadow of the Past I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Open] A Shadow of the Past
Page 1 of 1