Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Making Friends at the Beach

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Bleh

Bleh

Making Friends at the Beach Empty
PostSubject: Making Friends at the Beach   Making Friends at the Beach I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 2:41 am

I was walking down the beach at night. I loved the beach at night. Everything looked more beautiful. My red hair blew in the salty winds as my feet sunk into the soft sand. I smiled and sang quietly along to the song blaring loudly from my headphones. The classic Three Days Grace. I stopped to roll up my jeans just in case I had any intention of getting in the water. I continued walking not thiking anyone would be out at this time of night.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Making Friends at the Beach   Making Friends at the Beach I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 2:51 am

Vincent lounged at the beach. The sky was clear the stars bright, this time was perfect. Usually not a single soul but him was ever out here. He made a very low hanging mist drift in around him, on several occasions people thought he was a ghost, due to always surrounding himself with mist.

He saw a girl coming and deepened the mist. If he was lucky she wouldn't notice.
Back to top Go down
Bleh

Bleh

PostSubject: Re: Making Friends at the Beach   Making Friends at the Beach I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 3:02 am

My eyes were closed as I continued my quiet humming and occasional "Air drums". I wasn't paying any attention to where I was going. Suddenly my foot got caught on something and I fell. "Ow!" I said as my stomach landed on something. I looked. Are those legs? Why are there- I stopped mid thought and jumped up. "I'm so sorry." I said about 15 times before he spoke.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Making Friends at the Beach   Making Friends at the Beach I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 3:12 am

Vincent got up and helped the girl, who was still on the ground, up. "It's okay. Personally i think you got the worst of that meeting." Vincent said as he brushed himself down. The mist thinned some, but was still visible. "My name is Vincent. But just Vince will work." Vincent said as he backed up a step.
Back to top Go down
Bleh

Bleh

PostSubject: Re: Making Friends at the Beach   Making Friends at the Beach I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 3:17 am

I smiled embarrassed. "Nice to meet you Vince." I smiled. "I'm Jen. Sorry, I wasn't paying attention. I get like that sometimes." I laughed lightly at myself. Gods I'm an idiot. I put my mess of hair up in a ponytail and smiled at him. "Um, so why you at the beach?" I asked not knowing what else to say.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Making Friends at the Beach   Making Friends at the Beach I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 3:29 am

Vincent looked out at the near black water. "I like the ocean, most of my life was spent on a boat, so the ocean calms me." He said looking at the water with a somewhat saddened look. "And I usually come at night cause it it almost always empty. Crowds bug me." Vincent said the last bit with the venom only a person who had been bullied could muster.
Back to top Go down
Bleh

Bleh

PostSubject: Re: Making Friends at the Beach   Making Friends at the Beach I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 3:33 am

"You lived on a boat? I've never even been on one." I smiled. I sat down in the sand. My jeans would get sandy but I didn't care. I turned off my music. "So what's it like? On a boat."
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Making Friends at the Beach   Making Friends at the Beach I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 3:50 am

Vincent sat down, his first impression of Jen was one of kindness. "In all honesty, it's wobbly. But to me that rocking is, calming." Vincent said as he recalled most of his life. "What it's like, depends on the weather, calm or rough."
Back to top Go down
Bleh

Bleh

PostSubject: Re: Making Friends at the Beach   Making Friends at the Beach I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 3:56 am

I smiled at him. "That sounds cool. I wish I could go on a boat. Me and my father lived in Manhattan all my life so I had so experience with the sea or boats or anything of that matter." I laughed lightly again.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Making Friends at the Beach   Making Friends at the Beach I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 4:12 am

"Never, that kinda sucks." Vincent said thinking of a life without the sea. "Part of the fun is sometimes having to catch your own supper. That was a fun time." Vincent said as he laughed, And as soon as I leave, she will most likely forget me. Vincent thought. He had a habit of thinking what his dad called poison thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Bleh

Bleh

PostSubject: Re: Making Friends at the Beach   Making Friends at the Beach I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 1:44 pm

"Sounds like fun!" I smiled. Vince was really cool. "Do you have a boat?" I asked curious. "Or did only your parent have one." Then it clicked. "I never asked. Who is your god parent? Mines Athena." I continued to smile at him.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Making Friends at the Beach   Making Friends at the Beach I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 4:48 pm

Vincent blinked at the rapid fire questions, but her godly parent did explain it, he never knew an Athena kid to stop asking questions. unless the were explaining something. "No. Yes. And Amphitrite." Vincent said answering her questions in order. "Although I want my own boat."
Back to top Go down
Bleh

Bleh

PostSubject: Re: Making Friends at the Beach   Making Friends at the Beach I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 12:20 am

I smiled. I was lost for conversation. I pushed my bangs out of my eyes. "So, what you want to talk about now?" I asked.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Making Friends at the Beach   Making Friends at the Beach I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 12:39 am

"I don't know." Vincent said as he splayed out, a light breeze stirred the mist but never dissipated it. "I told you about my father, some at least. Tell me about your's. If its not prying to much." Vincent said closing his eyes enjoying the night air. Vincent was never one to invade personal topics in the person didn't wanted to talk, and he expected the same from others.
Back to top Go down
Bleh

Bleh

PostSubject: Re: Making Friends at the Beach   Making Friends at the Beach I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 12:46 am

I smiled and thought. "Well, my dad is a manger for a store. Big one. We are really close, or were until he got remarried." I sighed at the memory. I was so mad at him when I was told. "The mother is nice but her son is annoying. I was angry because I didn't want to be replaced. that's why I started going year-round here. We are good now. I go with them for the holidays."
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Making Friends at the Beach   Making Friends at the Beach I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 1:01 am

Despite himself Vincent smiled. "Our version of a holiday was to anchor the boat in crystal clear waters and swim the whole day, and see who could bring in the most fish in a certain amount of time." Vincent said not even realizing that he was starting to open up, something he promised himself he would never do. Once he realized, Vincent rolled to the side away from her.
Back to top Go down
Bleh

Bleh

PostSubject: Re: Making Friends at the Beach   Making Friends at the Beach I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 1:20 am

I smiled. "That sounds like fun." I noticed he was moving away. "Are you okay?" I asked him concerned. "Was it something I said?"
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Making Friends at the Beach   Making Friends at the Beach I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 1:26 am

Vincent felt bad, its not that he wanted to push people away. It was just after the last time. "It's not you it's just a promise to myself, 'Remain as the Mist.' That was what I promised myself. To not get attached, not to revel anything not after what she did." He said curling up almost shuddering at the memory. "Not after what she did."
Back to top Go down
Bleh

Bleh

PostSubject: Re: Making Friends at the Beach   Making Friends at the Beach I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 1:37 am

I put my hand on his shoulder in concern. "I'm sorry if you feel like I'm pushing you to reveal things." I sighed. "If I may ask what did she do? You do not have to answer if you don't want to." I made it clear that I didn't want to push him.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Making Friends at the Beach   Making Friends at the Beach I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 2:26 am

Vincent turned so that he was flat on his back, the stars seemed to make his aqua blue eyes glow faintly. He sighed trying to decide if he would tempt his fate again. Well what is life but one giant risk. Vincent thought. "There was this port that was the only one we went to regularly. At this port town there was this girl, whom's name I will keep to myself. This girl was one of the most beautiful I had ever seen, needless to say I fell for her almost instantly. After awhile I gathered the courage to ask her out, she agreed. But that was a set up, apparently she already had a boyfriend, she only agreed because her boyfriend thought it would be funny to make me a laughing stalk. I was so mad I blacked out, when I came too, I was standing over her boyfriend with bloody fists. I apparently beat him so bad he was hospitalized for two months. After that I swore to myself to never open up like I did for her ever again, and yet her I am." Vincent said as he closed his eyes to top any tears that might try to come.
Back to top Go down
Bleh

Bleh

PostSubject: Re: Making Friends at the Beach   Making Friends at the Beach I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 12:03 pm

I sighed. "People like that are cruel. They think, 'Hey this is going to be so funny.' but really it's not." I looked at him. "I apologize for all the @#$% people have put you through. They had no right. You did nothing to them. I also apologize that you have to lock yourself up just because some jerks thought a joke was funny." I was starting to rant. I was getting angry. People should not have to go through that. And it makes it worse that the he took the 'Joke' so hard. I was getting upset and didn't like it. Instantly all my childhood memories of being bullied because I was a nerd, geek, dork, loser. Came back to me. Some guys thought it would be funny to play the Dating Game. They played rock paper scissors and the loser had to ask out who the winner pick. The winner picked me. When I was asked, naively I said yes. They laughed in my face. I punched him. Hard. I got in ISS and people began to leave me alone.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Making Friends at the Beach   Making Friends at the Beach I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 11:55 am

Vincent let out a laugh. "With how I am now, my only regret is not beating all his friends down to. Later I found out that while I was blacked out, a major mist rolled in. Now I realized I made that happen, but the people who weren't directly involved said that it was as if a demon lurked in that mist. I managed to start a legend." Vincent said opening his eyes. "Although I'm still shocked that I'm telling you this."
Back to top Go down
Bleh

Bleh

PostSubject: Re: Making Friends at the Beach   Making Friends at the Beach I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 7:42 pm

I smiled at him my anger leaving me as quick as it came. "You can't keep everything to yourself. When you do you build up so much you pop and end up spilling everything to the most least trust worthy person." I said knowing from experience.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Making Friends at the Beach   Making Friends at the Beach I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Making Friends at the Beach
Page 1 of 1