Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Books, books and even more books! Who knew? (open)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Books, books and even more books! Who knew? (open) Empty
PostSubject: Books, books and even more books! Who knew? (open)   Books, books and even more books! Who knew? (open) I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 4:54 pm

Simon walked into the library and smiled taking a deep breathe. Simon had always loved libraries and books in general no matter what. He headed straight towards the fiction section and grabbed The Hunger Games, it was his favorite series. Of course Simon had read it before but he felt like reading it over. Walking to the back of the library, near the architecture books he sat down in a corner with the book and opened it up and started reading.
Back to top Go down
Evadne Malfoy ♥

Evadne Malfoy ♥

PostSubject: Re: Books, books and even more books! Who knew? (open)   Books, books and even more books! Who knew? (open) I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 5:19 pm

Books, books and even more books! Who knew? (open) Katy-perry

Evadne Taylor

She wasn't one of Athena's brood, but for some reason, she found herself always wanting to be in the library. She didn't know why - she was Aphrodite's daughter, the only literature she should have been reading was Vogue magazine - and she had tried to suppress the urges, for fear she'd embarrass herself, but now...well, now that she had nothing to do, she was being pulled over to the building with the books.

That was why Evadne walked into the library with a frown on her face, even though she wasn't really angry at anything. She headed straight to the fiction section. The last time she had been here, it had been for the weapons, but now that she knew how to - only just - throw a dagger, she thought it might be worth it to read something that she couldn't relate to real life. Forget being a halfblood for a bit, maybe.

And then she was faced with another decision. Action and violence, or romance and love? It should have been pretty straightforward, but it wasn't. She was torn between wanting to do what the other, meaner girls in her cabin would (if they'd ever step foot in a library) and what they wouldn't do. She kind of felt like doing the opposite of what they'd do, just to show she couldn't be fitted into their stereotype...

Her feet made the decision for her, and she found herself in the 'violent' area of the library. The area where the books consist of hacking off people's heads, and throwing people off cliffs. That area.

Evadne had only ever read one series from this part of the library before. The Hunger Games. She wasn't particularly violent, but she really loved the books, even if admittedly the biggest reason was Peeta Mellark. Heading over to the 'C' section, where it'd be sorted under 'Collins', she was surprised to see it wasn't there - and that only a little away was the boy with the book (instead of the bread, LOL!), reading it near the architecture section. She had thought that halfbloods wouldn't be interested in these books - maybe because it was futuristic, and halfbloods were all about living 'in the now' (and maybe the ancient past). Curious, Evadne walked over to the boy.

"Hello," Evadne smiled, taking a seat across from him. She looked down at the book, and grinned at seeing the familiar cover.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Books, books and even more books! Who knew? (open)   Books, books and even more books! Who knew? (open) I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 5:28 pm

Simon heard a voice say hello to him. He usually would stay quiet but he looked up and smiled seeing a girl there, he wasn't good at putting faces with godly parents but he tossed the thought aside. "Hello" He saw her look at the book and he grinned holding out to her "You read this series too?"
Back to top Go down
Evadne Malfoy ♥

Evadne Malfoy ♥

PostSubject: Re: Books, books and even more books! Who knew? (open)   Books, books and even more books! Who knew? (open) I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 6:12 pm

"Mhmm," Evadne hummed. "I actually was looking for it, but since you're reading it, I'm content to just look for another one. Maybe I'll read the second one instead." She smiled. "I'm Evadne, daughter of Aphrodite, by the way. It was terribly rude of me to just plop myself here without introducing myself. I have a habit of doing that." Her smile turned sheepish.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Books, books and even more books! Who knew? (open)   Books, books and even more books! Who knew? (open) I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 10:20 pm

Simon shrugged "It's okay, I don't mind. I'm Simon, son of Athena. If you want to read this one I don't mind, I've read it soo much I can probably quote most of the book... wow. I guess i don't have much of a life" Simon laughed lightly at himself, he usually did this, always joking about his faults to try and make himself better. He looked around and then back at Evadne "So, I find it cool that a daughter of Aphrodite can be different, I've noticed alot of campers don't like to always be a part of the cabin and just like to be themselves...I know I do that alot now...Sorry stop me if I keep rambling."
Back to top Go down
Evadne Malfoy ♥

Evadne Malfoy ♥

PostSubject: Re: Books, books and even more books! Who knew? (open)   Books, books and even more books! Who knew? (open) I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 11:01 pm

Evadne laughed. "I probably wouldn't be able to quote the book, but I do love it." Suddenly, she mock-gasped, clapping her hand to her mouth dramatically. "And are you saying I have no life because I can quote most of the magazines I read verbatim?" She laughed again, to let him know she was just joking, before what he said next sobered her. She shrugged.

"I'm more like the other Aphrodite girls than I'd like," she admitted. "I fit in the stereotype rather well. I mean, I read magazines whenever I can get my hands on them, I care about my appearance more than anything, I do like a bit of juicy gossip. But I try to, well, rebel against it, I guess you could say, because...you don't know how much of your personality is actually yours, and how much comes from your parent, you know? I mean, I know that reading is a personality trait of mine and not from my mother - none of my other sisters like to read." She shrugged again, and giggled at his last sentence. "Not likely. People say a lot of interesting stuff when they ramble, including me."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Books, books and even more books! Who knew? (open)   Books, books and even more books! Who knew? (open) I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 9:01 pm

Simon nodded his head lightly as he listened to her. "Yeah i can understand that, I am one of the regular things you see for an athena camper...I mean it is fun and all being like my siblings in most cases but everyone likes to be ourselves though, no matter how small the detail of being ourselves is I take hat chance whenever I can"
Back to top Go down
Evadne Malfoy ♥

Evadne Malfoy ♥

PostSubject: Re: Books, books and even more books! Who knew? (open)   Books, books and even more books! Who knew? (open) I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 2:33 am

There was a silence, and Evadne toyed with the end of her dress. She was slightly ashamed at her ramble - it made her sound as if she resented being a daughter of Aphrodite. She didn't, honestly...she just hated some of the qualities that were supposed to 'define' her.

"What would you have to be ashamed of, though?" she asked Simon, frowning. "Athena campers are, like, the best. They're smart, they're resourceful, they're great at tactic...they're perfect."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Books, books and even more books! Who knew? (open)   Books, books and even more books! Who knew? (open) I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 4:12 pm

Simon stared at the floor as the silence drifted over them, he didn't want to offend her in any way but he really felt like he did. When she asked what he would have to be ashamed for, he looked at her and smiled lightly "I have a ton of things to be ashamed of. I mean I do love being a child of Athena, it makes sense with my grades hah...but I am almost always trying to make myself better than before, and it is not always good...My pride is my weakness and it cannot be changed because of how ingrained it is in my head. Along with that I am like many of the Athena campers....I read every historical book I can find, thats why I am usually in the library...but I don't know...I cant really think of anything to be really ashamed of, I know I do but its one of those things that you cant put a finger on it...But I think your probably one of the nicer Aphrodite girls I've met so far this year at camp...But then again everyone is nice once you get to know them" He smiled softly and set The Hunger Games aside and studied his hands remembering many things that happened throughout his life.
Back to top Go down
Evadne Malfoy ♥

Evadne Malfoy ♥

PostSubject: Re: Books, books and even more books! Who knew? (open)   Books, books and even more books! Who knew? (open) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 2:05 am

"Thank you," Evadne said, smiling genuinely. "It's not often I get that compliment. About being nice, that is. My grandparents don't particularly like me, and I know I'm not a very good person." She hesitated. "Trying to make yourself better isn't necessarily a bad thing. I mean, in the end, you'll end up as the best person you could be. Call me naive, but I can't really see anything wrong with that. It's what I'm always trying to do. Can you honestly think of a downside to that?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Books, books and even more books! Who knew? (open)   Books, books and even more books! Who knew? (open) I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 9:46 pm

Simon shrugged "Not really but it really depends on to what lengths you go to better yourself...I can usually go to far so i dont really know..." Simon stared at the floor, he felt weird talking about his flaws so openly, but he felt he could trust Evadne and pushed the thoughts of closing up.
Back to top Go down
Evadne Malfoy ♥

Evadne Malfoy ♥

PostSubject: Re: Books, books and even more books! Who knew? (open)   Books, books and even more books! Who knew? (open) I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 3:47 am

"I understand," Evadne smiled, but inside, she was quite somber. That was food for thought. For once, she thought that maybe striving to be perfect wasn't the best way to go... "Anyway, I'm sorry if I upset you with my talk. I tend to do that to people." She grimaced. "If you want to get back to reading the Hunger Games, I can leave now. And if you really do want me to leave, don't be shy to say so."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Books, books and even more books! Who knew? (open)   Books, books and even more books! Who knew? (open) I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 3:18 am

Simon shook his head and smiled "Nah it's okay you can stay, it is nice having company for once...ANd it is okay, the talk wasnt upsetting at all, just another way to think about it. You sure you don't want the book? its cool I can check it out some other time, besides I have tons of manga to catch up o" He grinned. Simon had loved anime and manga since a little child, he even tried to draw some on his spare time...but he never showed them because he thought they sucked.
Back to top Go down
Evadne Malfoy ♥

Evadne Malfoy ♥

PostSubject: Re: Books, books and even more books! Who knew? (open)   Books, books and even more books! Who knew? (open) I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 3:48 am

"Manga?" Evadne asked curiously. "Those cartoony Japanese comics? Are they good? I've heard of heaps of people talking about them, but I've never actually seen some before. Do you have any?"

She didn't show it, but she was relieved he hadn't turned her away.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Books, books and even more books! Who knew? (open)   Books, books and even more books! Who knew? (open) I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 10:23 pm

Simon grinned and brought out a small book, with the words "Deadman Wonderland" on it. "This is one of the manga I've read...sadlt they haven't continued since the chapter 12 but still it is an awesome manga"
Back to top Go down
Adventure95

PostSubject: Re: Books, books and even more books! Who knew? (open)   Books, books and even more books! Who knew? (open) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 2:47 pm

Flash walked into the libary."Oh great.....People" He thought. Flash took a random book and read as he lay on a nearby couch.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Books, books and even more books! Who knew? (open)   Books, books and even more books! Who knew? (open) I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 5:51 pm

Simon looked around, noticing a guy crash onto a couch not to far away and he yawned lightly and looked at his manga.
Back to top Go down
welshy
out of town girl
welshy

PostSubject: Re: Books, books and even more books! Who knew? (open)   Books, books and even more books! Who knew? (open) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 5:15 pm

Lowri walked into the libray, glad to be surronded by books. She picked one her favourite books off the rack. The complete collection of Sherlock Holmes. She loved reading Sherlock Holmes. It reminded her of home. She saw Simon there who was also a child of Athena. She approuched him, grinning when she saw what he was reading.
"Manga? Seriously? You're not going to bump up any IQ points by reading that." She laughed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Books, books and even more books! Who knew? (open)   Books, books and even more books! Who knew? (open) I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 6:37 pm

Simon shrugged and grinned slightly seeing one of his siblings "Eh so? My brain needs a good cool-down with some manga violence now and then ya know Lowri, what you reading there then? Hm....Sherlock Holmes, haven't read that in a few years. Is it good?" Simon set his bookmark on the page he was on and looked at her.
Back to top Go down
welshy
out of town girl
welshy

PostSubject: Re: Books, books and even more books! Who knew? (open)   Books, books and even more books! Who knew? (open) I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 1:30 pm

Lowri smiled back at him. "You need cartoon violence? Just go down to the arena, there's enough violence down there to last you a life time." She looked back at the page she was on. "Yeah, it's amazing. There was a program on the BBC a couple of months ago that made a modern day version of him. It was amazing." She thought for a moment before explaing. "The BBC is a British TV channel, just in case you didn't know." She rolled her eyes. Seriously, American TV was terrible most of the time. "Any thing intresting happen lately with you?" She rested her chin on her arms, leaving the book on the table.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Books, books and even more books! Who knew? (open)   Books, books and even more books! Who knew? (open) I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 8:16 am

Simon's eyes lit up 'Oh I like the BBC...I usually watch Doctor Who on there.... I do not know why but it has always interested me to wonder about time travel....then it would be cooler to go back to the times where Sherlock Holmes would have been and actually go around and see the world as it had been from when it was written..." Simon stopped, he could go on forever on how he thought time travel could actually work but he usually kept it to himself. "Oh nothing rather interesting.... just been reading a lot of fiction to keep my mind interested before I go and divulge into another large book to look up on other subjects to start making designs.... Also yes cartoon violence because I dont always want to go down to the arena and get so annoyed with my performance during sparring matches....
Back to top Go down
welshy
out of town girl
welshy

PostSubject: Re: Books, books and even more books! Who knew? (open)   Books, books and even more books! Who knew? (open) I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 9:45 am

"Yeah, Doctor who rocks. Wibbly wobbly timey wimey." She laughed. "I read in a book once that you have to think of time and space like a sheet of paper. On one end is you and on the other is your destination. To travel at hyperspeed from one to the other, you have to bend the paper. In this case, the paper is time." She shrugged. "Or it was something confusing like that...you're not very good at sparring? I could teach you....yeah, nothing very intresting has happened lately." She yawned.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Books, books and even more books! Who knew? (open)   Books, books and even more books! Who knew? (open) I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 4:31 pm

Simon shrugged lightly as he cracked his neck "Well it isn't that I am not good at sparring, I just always think of too many ways to try and improve for every last situation and well it gets annoying to me and to others... and I agree with that explanation...it's just that if I could actually apply that to how I could build a machine...well all I know it would take a lot to power it for just once. Anyways, any other good books you could suggest for me to read while I'm here in the library?"
Back to top Go down
welshy
out of town girl
welshy

PostSubject: Re: Books, books and even more books! Who knew? (open)   Books, books and even more books! Who knew? (open) I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 4:44 pm

"Haha, good luck with buding that." Lowri stopped laughing, becoming serious. "But if there was going to be anyone to make a time machine, it would most likely be a dedicated Athena kid...any good books? Twilight?" She grinned cheekily.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Books, books and even more books! Who knew? (open)   Books, books and even more books! Who knew? (open) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 7:08 pm

Simon stifled back a fake gag and leaned over the armrest of his chair, then looked back and grinned "Not a big fan... I read the first two but got so bored I thought I would just pass out. I like the Inheritance Cycle, with Eragon and Eldest... that is more my 'freetime fiction' other than manga. How about you?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Books, books and even more books! Who knew? (open)   Books, books and even more books! Who knew? (open) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Books, books and even more books! Who knew? (open)
Page 1 of 1