Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Relics, Books and Intersting Stuff (Open RP)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Alex the English

Alex the English

Relics, Books and Intersting Stuff (Open RP) Empty
PostSubject: Relics, Books and Intersting Stuff (Open RP)   Relics, Books and Intersting Stuff (Open RP) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 6:08 am

In front me is the Big House, maybe three stories high, it looms over us, but despite it's height, it's not imposing. When I first got here, it was one of the first things on my mind. What's it's purpose? Does someone live there? I ask Brandon.
"Does anyone live here?" I ask, smiling weakly at Brandon as we walk toward it.
Back to top Go down
Ninja Poet

Ninja Poet

PostSubject: Re: Relics, Books and Intersting Stuff (Open RP)   Relics, Books and Intersting Stuff (Open RP) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 12:41 pm

[Seth]
Seth spotted a girl slightly younger than himself stood outside the Big House, alongside another boy. Being very social, he wandered over to them, hitching his bag further up onto his shoulder. This was the last conversation he would have in the camp. As of today, he would no longer be a member of Camp Half-Blood. As of today, he would be able to live life as a fairly normal teenager. As of today, he was going home. He was going back to his mother, and all of his old friends. He didn't need Camp anymore. His things were packed, and his bunk was cleared, even his mind was set for the ways of his home.
"Hey people!" He called out, looking at the Big House, then back to the people. "I'm Seth, son of Apollo. And you?"
Back to top Go down
Alex the English

Alex the English

PostSubject: Re: Relics, Books and Intersting Stuff (Open RP)   Relics, Books and Intersting Stuff (Open RP) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 12:56 pm

I jump as the boy shouts at us. Then, recovering myself, I turn round and introduce myself.
"Alyssa Manning." My voice is quiet so I repeat myself. "I'm Alyssa." Still quiet but I don't think I can go any louder.
Back to top Go down
Ninja Poet

Ninja Poet

PostSubject: Re: Relics, Books and Intersting Stuff (Open RP)   Relics, Books and Intersting Stuff (Open RP) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 1:00 pm

[Seth]
"Why hello there, Alyssa." He grinned as he adressed the girl, noting how shy she seemed to be. "Mind if I ask what you might be doing here?" He cocked his head to the side, blonde curls falling into his eyes. He took a quick look at the watch on his wrist, quickly getting a grasp of the time. He only had a couple of hours before his train. And he needed to catch that train.
Back to top Go down
Alex the English

Alex the English

PostSubject: Re: Relics, Books and Intersting Stuff (Open RP)   Relics, Books and Intersting Stuff (Open RP) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 1:10 pm

"I'm... I'm going into the House to look at, stuff." Why does he want to know? I hope he doesn't join us, the point of coming here is to learn, not talk and mess about.
Back to top Go down
Ninja Poet

Ninja Poet

PostSubject: Re: Relics, Books and Intersting Stuff (Open RP)   Relics, Books and Intersting Stuff (Open RP) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 1:16 pm

[Seth]
Seth saw the worried look on her face.
"Don't worry, Alyssa. I'm not going to come in. I have to catch a train in a couple of hours, and I've got to walk to the station. I just wanted to say hi before I left." He adressed the girl as if they were old friends, even though they had only known each other for a matter of minutes. After all, it was the way he rolled.
Back to top Go down
Alex the English

Alex the English

PostSubject: Re: Relics, Books and Intersting Stuff (Open RP)   Relics, Books and Intersting Stuff (Open RP) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 1:25 pm

Oh thank the Gods for that, not meaning to be horrible but I really want to learn about my father and the other Gods.
"Oh, well, good luck on the train."
Back to top Go down
Ninja Poet

Ninja Poet

PostSubject: Re: Relics, Books and Intersting Stuff (Open RP)   Relics, Books and Intersting Stuff (Open RP) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 1:32 pm

[Seth]
"Good luck with the books and relics and interesting stuff. If you can call it interesting." He glanced again at his watch. Five minutes had passed since he had last checked, and now was the time he needed to go. He patted Alyssa on the back, before heading off down the path that lead out of camp. He turned around to say one more goodbye. "Enjoy being swotty in there. And don't talk to the Oracle. She's kind of creepy." And then he was gone. Camp Half-Blood was now just a memory inside his mind. And a good memory, at that. But he had to focus on the future now. Especially on catching his train on time.
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Relics, Books and Intersting Stuff (Open RP)   Relics, Books and Intersting Stuff (Open RP) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 7:19 pm

"Interesting kid," Brandon remarked. "Someone I haven't really seen around. Okay, in here. Feel free to look, but don't touch anything."
Back to top Go down
Alex the English

Alex the English

PostSubject: Re: Relics, Books and Intersting Stuff (Open RP)   Relics, Books and Intersting Stuff (Open RP) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 6:02 am

I nod at him, he seemed nice, tried to stick up for me before. I enter the room he gestured to and look around, so many artifacts, shields, weapons, and other relics from past ages.
"Wow... This is amazing." I don't look at him as I talk, already engrossed in a silver helm, a blue plume on top.
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Relics, Books and Intersting Stuff (Open RP)   Relics, Books and Intersting Stuff (Open RP) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 7:27 pm

"A real throwback to the Golden Age of the gods, yeah," Brandon said. Naturally, his attention was mainly on the weapons in the room, many of them mangled or damaged by acid. "Of course, not all these things are even that old. Some of them were added just last year, from previous quests."
Back to top Go down
Alex the English

Alex the English

PostSubject: Re: Relics, Books and Intersting Stuff (Open RP)   Relics, Books and Intersting Stuff (Open RP) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 8:16 am

"Last year?" I'm puzzled, what happened last year? "You go on 'quests' here?" Now I'm looking at him, all interest lost in the plate helm.
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Relics, Books and Intersting Stuff (Open RP)   Relics, Books and Intersting Stuff (Open RP) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 6:36 pm

"Monsters appear, demigods get lost, important artifacts need retrieving--missions for us pop up all the time," Brandon explained. "Very often it's the Oracle who utters a prophecy before each quest. Then, three of us are selected to go out and do whatever needs to be done. Personally, I think we do it badly--not only do we rarely send more than three half-bloods, whoever those half-bloods happen to be get dictated by the Oracle's riddles. In my humble opinion, we ought to be sending balanced squads of at least ten heroes and make sure they have ample support, but...apparently Chiron disagrees."
Back to top Go down
Alex the English

Alex the English

PostSubject: Re: Relics, Books and Intersting Stuff (Open RP)   Relics, Books and Intersting Stuff (Open RP) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 4:59 am

Monster can get in here? But isn't this supposed to be a safe haven? I ask Brandon about it.
"I thought this place was protected? Why can monsters get in?" I'm quite worried now, I came here thinking I was going to be safe, but if monsters can get in... Another thought hits me. "Who's Chiron?"
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Relics, Books and Intersting Stuff (Open RP)   Relics, Books and Intersting Stuff (Open RP) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 11:24 am

"I meant outside, in the world," Brandon explained. "But we've had three major attacks on camp too. Don't worry, it's still the safest place for you, excluding perhaps the President's bunker. Chiron is our camp leader--a centaur from mythology. He's the guy that trained Hercules, Perseus and all those other heroes."
Back to top Go down
Alex the English

Alex the English

PostSubject: Re: Relics, Books and Intersting Stuff (Open RP)   Relics, Books and Intersting Stuff (Open RP) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 11:27 am

"And he's still alive? I didn't think Centaurs were, I mean are so long-lived." I take a few moments to ponder this. "Is there anything of his here?" look around the room, seeing if I can identify anything that may have once belonged to the great teacher.
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Relics, Books and Intersting Stuff (Open RP)   Relics, Books and Intersting Stuff (Open RP) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 12:00 pm

"Well, he is," Brandon said. "And I'm not sure about his stuff. He's known as a trainer, not an actual combatant. In fact I don't know who a lot of these belong to."
Back to top Go down
Alex the English

Alex the English

PostSubject: Re: Relics, Books and Intersting Stuff (Open RP)   Relics, Books and Intersting Stuff (Open RP) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 12:48 pm

"Oh..." Even if Brandon didn't know, I think I know enough about Greek mytho- history to figure out what belongs to who. I go back to browsing the shelves for items that seem familiar, but none catch my eye. I need to research more.
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Relics, Books and Intersting Stuff (Open RP)   Relics, Books and Intersting Stuff (Open RP) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 6:28 pm

"See that sword?" Brandon asked, pointing to a blade that was mangled and heavily eaten away. "That's what drakon poison can do to you. It's why training's so important."
Back to top Go down
Alex the English

Alex the English

PostSubject: Re: Relics, Books and Intersting Stuff (Open RP)   Relics, Books and Intersting Stuff (Open RP) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 5:36 am

I look where he's pointing. What was once a feat of the Olympian smiths, is now a ruined scrap of metal and leather.
"What's a Drakon?" I ask, follwed by "Can all monster's poison do that?"
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Relics, Books and Intersting Stuff (Open RP)   Relics, Books and Intersting Stuff (Open RP) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 11:30 am

"Not all monsters have poison, and of course those that do have varying effects. But a drakon doesn't need poison to be incredibly dangerous. They actually look like gigantic snakes, with gaping mouths, nasty teeth and armoured hide. The Lydian ones can get up to 300 feet in length. And their eyes tend to paralyze victims with fear," Brandon said. "In short, nothing you'd wanna be facing without a gunship at your back."
Back to top Go down
Alex the English

Alex the English

PostSubject: Re: Relics, Books and Intersting Stuff (Open RP)   Relics, Books and Intersting Stuff (Open RP) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 12:26 pm

"Oh..." Wow, I wish I hadn't gotten into this now. 300 foot long snakes whose poison mangles metal?! I don't stand a chance. "When does my training start?" I manage to say, still thinking about the Drakon.
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Relics, Books and Intersting Stuff (Open RP)   Relics, Books and Intersting Stuff (Open RP) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 1:13 pm

"The next official swordsmanship session at the arena is in an hour," Brandon told her. "But I could take you there and show you the basics right now. New campers need everything they can get. But if you'd like to stay here for a little while longer, that's fine too."
Back to top Go down
Alex the English

Alex the English

PostSubject: Re: Relics, Books and Intersting Stuff (Open RP)   Relics, Books and Intersting Stuff (Open RP) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 4:13 pm

I think over the choice, and decide on the Arena. Itll be good to train, and maybe I'll get better than Ajax. I smile then look up at Brandon.
"Let's go to the Arena."
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Relics, Books and Intersting Stuff (Open RP)   Relics, Books and Intersting Stuff (Open RP) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 5:15 pm

OOC: Topic made in Arena.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Relics, Books and Intersting Stuff (Open RP)   Relics, Books and Intersting Stuff (Open RP) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Relics, Books and Intersting Stuff (Open RP)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half Blood :: Miscellaneous :: Graveyard-
Jump to: