Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Loving the books! (open)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
BlackWolf-03
Experienced Poster
BlackWolf-03

Loving the books! (open) Empty
PostSubject: Loving the books! (open)   Loving the books! (open) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 1:03 pm

I sat cross-legged in the far corner of the Library. I had my laptop on my legs and about twelve books around me. I had another book on my lap reading and studying more and more Italian. I've always wanted to learn Italian, I thought. I smiled and kept on reading. Nei tempi antichi di età, i nostri antenati pensiero una volta dei grandi che vivono su di noi. Oggi, noi li celebriamo, e di rispettarli. "Uh!" I softly said to myself. I love reading! I had a smile on my face, everything was so quiet. Everyone was reading or studying. I felt someone come near me, but kept on reading.
Back to top Go down
daughterofzeus16

PostSubject: Re: Loving the books! (open)   Loving the books! (open) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 2:47 pm

Lillianna walked over to the far corner of the library to one of her half-sisters with a laptop and about a dozen Italian books around her. Lillianna was planning on asking the girl if she knew where the Italian book section was. The Fates weren't being very friendly to Lillianna today, though, because just as she was going to speak to the girl, she tripped over a giant Greek dictionary that was on the floor and crashed to the floor. Lillianna's dagger escaped its cover and landed on the marble floor with a metallic clatter.

"I hate my life." she groaned as she retrieved her dagger.

Last edited by daughterofzeus16 on Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
BlackWolf-03
Experienced Poster
BlackWolf-03

PostSubject: Re: Loving the books! (open)   Loving the books! (open) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 3:08 pm

I heard a thump on the floor and metal clatter against the floor. I rolled my eyes because of the noise, so I looked up to find my half-sister I think. "You alright!?" I called out as I layed my laptop on a few books. I slowly got up and watched as she retrieved her dagger and slowly walked towards me. I smiled, and slowly sat back down. I went back to reading my Italian book. I looked up and smiled at my sister. "Ciao sorella. Come stai questa bella giornata?" I asked in Italian.
Back to top Go down
daughterofzeus16

PostSubject: Re: Loving the books! (open)   Loving the books! (open) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 3:16 pm

IC: Lillianna nodded and smiled at her half-sister's Italian. Italian was Lillianna's favorite language so naturally, she knew a bit. "Sì. Spiacente di distrubing lei. Sono Lillianna, la figlia di Atena. Che è il suo nome?" she responded.

OOC: You want me to have translations?
Back to top Go down
BlackWolf-03
Experienced Poster
BlackWolf-03

PostSubject: Re: Loving the books! (open)   Loving the books! (open) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 4:03 pm

It's alright. I got it. Thanks though!

I smiled as my sister did talk in her Italian as well. It was quite good, I noticed. "Ciao Lillianna, sono Katro Ville. Sono troppo Figlia di Atena. Piacere di conoscerti sorella..." I said looking back at my books. "How was my Italian?" I asked with a smile on my face. "I now know German, French, Italian, Greek, Chinese, and a little bit of Swedish.." I said with a smile. I turned back to look at my laptop. "You alright after that fall there?" I asked as raising an eyebrow.
Back to top Go down
daughterofzeus16

PostSubject: Re: Loving the books! (open)   Loving the books! (open) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 4:57 pm

Lillianna smiled at Katro. "It was impressive. And I know all of those languages, plus Czech and Romanian. I know a little bit of twenty other languages. Sorry but I am a freak aout forgein languages." she added sheepishly. "I'm alright but I think that my dagger got chipped." she frowned. "I am really sorry that I interrupted you." she said. "I just came to ask if you knew where the Italian book section was." she said.
Back to top Go down
BlackWolf-03
Experienced Poster
BlackWolf-03

PostSubject: Re: Loving the books! (open)   Loving the books! (open) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 5:17 pm

I smiled at my sister as she told me that she was too a freak on other languages. "Don't worry Lillianna, your not the only one here. Mostly all the Athena children are freaks on other languages." I said with a smile. Once I heard that she was looking for some Italian my smiled grew bigger. "Oh, I mainly just took out all the Italian book in the Library. If you want any you are welcome to take any of them right here." I said as showing her all the books around me.
Back to top Go down
daughterofzeus16

PostSubject: Re: Loving the books! (open)   Loving the books! (open) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 5:36 pm

Lillianna smiled. "Thanks." she grabbed one of the books and turned to her half sister. "Hey Katro, are all of the Apollo demi-gods tempermental?" she asked.
Back to top Go down
BlackWolf-03
Experienced Poster
BlackWolf-03

PostSubject: Re: Loving the books! (open)   Loving the books! (open) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 5:39 pm

My eyes watched in delight as my sister took one of the books near me, then looked at me. "No problem." I said as looking at my laptop. I was looking at a little building that New York was just about to build. I listened as my sister asked me another question. "What do you mean by that?" I asked as looking up Lillianna.
Back to top Go down
daughterofzeus16

PostSubject: Re: Loving the books! (open)   Loving the books! (open) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 6:21 pm

Lillianna shrugged. "Well, one of the Apollo boys - Michael yew or something - busted into the Athena cabin and yelled at me for taking his bow. It's common knowledge around the camp that I have never caused any trouble except when my clumsiness decides to make a very untimely appearance, so I'm starting to think that all of the Apollo kids are tempermental." Lillianna explained.
Back to top Go down
BlackWolf-03
Experienced Poster
BlackWolf-03

PostSubject: Re: Loving the books! (open)   Loving the books! (open) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 6:27 pm

I dropped my head into my heads cracking up. "Oh gods..." I whispered looking back up. "Don't worry about them Apollo boys. They just really love their bows." I said with a smile. "It's alright. I have a best friend who is the son of Apollo, and he get's like that when he loses something dear to him. It's probably what everyone would do if they lost something dear to them." I said as taking a quick glance at my computer.
Back to top Go down
Skye
THE YODELMEISTER
THE YODELMEISTER
Skye

PostSubject: Re: Loving the books! (open)   Loving the books! (open) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 7:03 pm

I strolled into the library. I needed new material, and I wanted to look at designing another building. I walked around, and found myself in the Italian section. Not exactly what I was looking for.

I noticed Katro sitting with another girl.

"Ciao Katro. Si parla italiano?," I asked. I then saw the other girl, "Oh, chi è questo?"
Back to top Go down
BlackWolf-03
Experienced Poster
BlackWolf-03

PostSubject: Re: Loving the books! (open)   Loving the books! (open) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 7:55 pm

I was quite surprised when I saw Bello started to talk in Italian. I smiled, and looked up to see Bella walking towards us. I quickly took in the Italian and said,"Ciao Bella! E 'bello vederti qui! Questo qui è il nostro sorellastra. Lillianna Vorrei farti conoscere Bella, la tua sorellastra." I bent down to grab another book, but found another French book. "What's this doing here." I muttered to myself. I gently placed the French book on my right, on the side of the books that I've already read. I looked back up at Bella. "What brings you here?" I asked with a smile.
Back to top Go down
Skye
THE YODELMEISTER
THE YODELMEISTER
Skye

PostSubject: Re: Loving the books! (open)   Loving the books! (open) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 8:07 pm

"Oh, hello Lillianna. I just got here," I said to her with a smile.

"Oh, I was eager to see the library. This place is beautiful," I looked around, admiring the thousands, of books.

Katro put aside a French book. I picked it up. "My first step-mom spoke French. Je parle un peu. ," I added.

"Um, where is the architecture section?," I asked.
Back to top Go down
BlackWolf-03
Experienced Poster
BlackWolf-03

PostSubject: Re: Loving the books! (open)   Loving the books! (open) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 8:14 pm

I watched as the two sister's of mine met one of another. I smiled as Bella picked the French book up and said to me that she only knew a little. "Eh bien je dois dire que Bella, c'est très bien, même si vous ne parlez un peu." I said with a smile. "Ah, let's see.. the architecture section. I think it's far right on the other side of the Library. I don't really know. I've only been in this one section studying these languages." I said with my face full of embarrassment.
Back to top Go down
Skye
THE YODELMEISTER
THE YODELMEISTER
Skye

PostSubject: Re: Loving the books! (open)   Loving the books! (open) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 8:22 pm

"Oh, ce n'est pas grave. Je pourrais être capable de le trouver," I smiled.

I walked off and eventually found it. I picked up a book on the Parthenon. I flipped through the pages. The words were easier to read, Greek. I smiled. I continued to walk around, hoping to see something that I might like.
Back to top Go down
BlackWolf-03
Experienced Poster
BlackWolf-03

PostSubject: Re: Loving the books! (open)   Loving the books! (open) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 8:29 pm

I watched as my sister walked off somewhere in the Library. I looked up at Lillianna. "So, what other languages do you plan on to learn?" I asked as gently laying down an Italian book. I slowly stood up and grabbed about three books of the pile I had. I walked to my right just about eleven feet away and started to put the books away. I kept on doing the same thing over and over till all the books were gone. I sighed and simply walked over to another shelf to pick out one of the Defensive Arts books.
Back to top Go down
Skye
THE YODELMEISTER
THE YODELMEISTER
Skye

PostSubject: Re: Loving the books! (open)   Loving the books! (open) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 9:09 pm

I found the books I was looking for and checked them out. I went back to Katro and Lillianna.

"I'll see you guys later. I'm going to the basketball courts," I said. I waved as I walked away.
Back to top Go down
BlackWolf-03
Experienced Poster
BlackWolf-03

PostSubject: Re: Loving the books! (open)   Loving the books! (open) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 9:26 pm

I had me held deep in the words of the Defensive Arts book. I looked up to see my sister holding an architecture book and telling us that she was going to head on over to the basketball courts. I waved at her and watched as she left us. I turned towards Lillianna again and smiled. "So, what are you going to check out from the Library?" I asked as turning a page in the book.
Back to top Go down
daughterofzeus16

PostSubject: Re: Loving the books! (open)   Loving the books! (open) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 10:17 pm

Lillianna shrugged. "Probably Gaulic, Eygptian, Japanese, or Arabic. I can't choose which." she said smiling.

She placed a dramatically distressed look on her face. "I don't know. There's so many books. I can't choose what book to check out!" she said, pretending to look distressed but her joking smile gave her away.
Back to top Go down
BlackWolf-03
Experienced Poster
BlackWolf-03

PostSubject: Re: Loving the books! (open)   Loving the books! (open) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 10:37 pm

"Yeah, there are a lot of books you can't choose in here. That's why I love to study in here than to check out. When checking out, people usually tear them around and stuff. But in here, you can look at the book, and place it back gently on it's shelf." I said as putting the Defensive Arts book back on the shelf. "I just love these books!" I said with delight in my voice.
Back to top Go down
daughterofzeus16

PostSubject: Re: Loving the books! (open)   Loving the books! (open) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 10:49 pm

Lillianna smiled. "I so agree! But, in my opinion, writing stories is a lot better than reading them. That's what I do when I'm not training." she said.
Back to top Go down
anna.
Honorary Staff Member
anna.

PostSubject: Re: Loving the books! (open)   Loving the books! (open) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 11:08 pm

~@ daughterofzeus16 I think that aribac is egyptian.~

Loving the books! (open) Bridgitmendlerpic

Maddison saw Lillianna and Bella. "Hey guys. I hear your speaking different languages. I can speak French very well. Bonjour Lillianna et Bella. Comment allez-vous? Cette bibliothèque est génial! I think I'm going to check out this book I found for advanced French speakers. It's called, More French."
Back to top Go down
http://www.rooster-sleep.tumblr.com
BlackWolf-03
Experienced Poster
BlackWolf-03

PostSubject: Re: Loving the books! (open)   Loving the books! (open) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 11:31 pm

I was taken back as my sister did not even mention my name I scowled at her with a smile appearing on my face. I said with a smile, "Pourquoi bonjour Maddison. Nice de vous joindre à nous! Je ne savais pas qu'il parlait français aussi!" I sat down and opened my new book that I had just picked out. A Spanish book I had in my hand. Suddenly I started to read,"La lengua de nuestro país vivirá por siempre. Los siglos pasan, por lo que muchas personas han crecido los aficionados a esta lengua" I sighed and looked upward. "I find this true..." I said with my voice wondering off. I looked back down at the book and kept on reading.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Loving the books! (open)   Loving the books! (open) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Loving the books! (open)
Page 1 of 1