Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Expect the Unexpected [Essie]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Bre Bre

Expect the Unexpected [Essie] Empty
PostSubject: Expect the Unexpected [Essie]   Expect the Unexpected [Essie] I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 10:26 pm

Another turning point, a fork stuck in the road.
Time grabs you by the wrist, directs you where to go.
So make the best of this test, and don't ask why.
Expect the Unexpected [Essie] 1293479855_5948_full

It's not a question, but a lesson learned in time.
It's something unpredictable, but in the end it's right.
I hope you had the time of your life.
| M E L I N A | J O H N S O N |
| D A U G H T E R | O F | A T H E N A |

The rising sun, birds chirping their song, and the cabin courtyard piling with half-bloods: just a regular morning at Camp Half-Blood.

Melina's morning was going just fine. First, she went for a walk in the forest, and then later headed over to the arena for her daily swordplay training. After that, she joined a few of her siblings in the arts and crafts class, and then followed that with an hour of ancient Greek. This was her free time, and she spent it sitting on the steps of cabin six; her facial expression clearly showing sadness as her bright, gray eyes read the note in her hands.

Melina,

It is with great sorrow that that I must inform you that dad is back in the hospital again. It seems that after you and you're boyfriend, Kai, came a few months ago and stirred up a few monsters, you left some sort of scent that kept them coming. Apparently, it was Medusa's head, so we thought it'd be best if we sent that down a river, since she'll come back anyway.

Dad is doing okay, though. He should be getting out soon, but he'll be on cutches for a while. There's no need for you to come back and check on him, everything's under control here. Sadie and Harper have been helping out a bit, and Aaron and I have been doing our part.

Good luck at camp, sis. Hopefully we'll be able to see you sometime during Christmas.

You're half-brother,

Nathan

The teenager couldn't stop reading the note over and over again. Why did everything bad choose to happen to her now? Why didn't it happen years ago? Heck, why wasn't she killed when she was a toddler? She knew she would never find out until she was dead. Only the fates know her destiny.
Back to top Go down
Essie Bear

Essie Bear

PostSubject: Re: Expect the Unexpected [Essie]   Expect the Unexpected [Essie] I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 10:30 pm

Essie walked around the courtyard, scowling at everything being so happy. She noticed Melina in the distance and went over to her. "Hi Lina." she said, weakly smiling. She wasn't in a very bright mood, and it looked like Melina wasn't either. She saw the note in her hand, "What's up?" she asked, raising an eyebrow cautiously.
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: Expect the Unexpected [Essie]   Expect the Unexpected [Essie] I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 10:40 pm

If Melina were to have kept moping about how horrible her life was, she probably wouldn't have seen Essie approach her. Her already darkened face looked up at her friend, her gray eyes almost telling her whole life story. The sad, the good; everything mixed into one little sparkle of the eye.

"Hey Essie," she greeted, trying to force a smile. "Lina? That an interesting nickname. I've never been called that before." She managed a slight laugh before looking down at the note once more.

"My father-he's in the hospital." Her tone of voice was quiet and steady, holding back any tears that could find their way through. "Man, if only I hadn't left Medusa's head there. How could I have forgotten about that?"
Back to top Go down
Essie Bear

Essie Bear

PostSubject: Re: Expect the Unexpected [Essie]   Expect the Unexpected [Essie] I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 10:44 pm

Essie smiled sadly at her. "I'm sorry." she said quietly. "One thing," she looked at Lina, "Don't try to force a smile in front of me. I see though it too easily." she side hugged the girl. She sighed, "Life always seems harder when bad things happen, and life seems to nice to be real when the good things happen." she said simply. She saw the sadness coated in Lina's eyes.
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: Expect the Unexpected [Essie]   Expect the Unexpected [Essie] I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 10:54 pm

"I'm sorry, but I do things like that for a reason." Melina tried to calm herself down from the depression, gathering her energy and thoughts together. "I don't like feeling like another burden to bear. My emotions--I feel horrible for letting them out of me. Me being an Athena child, I know that's not the right thing to do, nor is it healthy, but I can't have other people feel bad for me."

Melina had been through it all at such a young age. Her two best friends, Victoria and Alex, were killed in a battle. Her older, full-blooded sister, Stella, also died. Then there was the suffering she bared herself. The time Hades tried to destroy her for her relations with his son, Kai. The quests she's been on that put her life in danger. So many risks and losses she has putten herself through, and yet she is the one that comes out alive. Why wasn't it anyone else that remained safe?

"Forgive me. I just don't like expressing my feelings." Melina returned the side hug that Essie offered, and observed the note once more. Dad, what have I gotten you into?
Back to top Go down
Essie Bear

Essie Bear

PostSubject: Re: Expect the Unexpected [Essie]   Expect the Unexpected [Essie] I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 10:57 pm

Essie weakly smiled at her. "Everybody has bad moments in life. No one shares the same experience." she smiled at her again. "I don't like showing emotions either. No one really likes to show true emotions to anyone." she pointed out.
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: Expect the Unexpected [Essie]   Expect the Unexpected [Essie] I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 11:04 pm

Melina nodded her head at Essie's respone. Yes, the trusting flaw. How could any introvert forget that? It's the one thing that keeps you from being extroverted. Though, why should people trust everyone they see? They don't know if they're going to backstab you or anything. It's like weakening yourself and letting the enemy get you.

Then again, that could explain why some people fear people that don't easily trust. That person to others is like someone with a cold personality and a dark scowl, but in reality are actually one of the kindest human beings on the face of the earth. Introverts aren't freaks, they're just misunderstood.

"Okay, enough about me," she said, putting away the note in her skinny jean's pockets and shaking her hands dismissively. "How have you been?"
Back to top Go down
Essie Bear

Essie Bear

PostSubject: Re: Expect the Unexpected [Essie]   Expect the Unexpected [Essie] I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 4:39 pm

essie shurgged in response. "I've been better." she said, she thought about the previous nights she tried not to dwell too much on her giving in again to pain of tortured life. She sighed and kicked a rcol absentmindedly. "they're really making sure everyones training now aren't they?" she asked noticing all the yonger Demi gods going to the arena to train again.
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: Expect the Unexpected [Essie]   Expect the Unexpected [Essie] I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 4:49 pm

"Yeah. I heard that Kronus is invading the camp sometime soon. The cabin leaders are trying to get everyone ready."

Melina remembered her first battle she fought in. It was probably one of the most--if not the most--grusome thing she'd ever seen. All the blood, tears, sweat, and sacrifice put into one event. It's funny to think how so many lives can be lost, and the countless numbers saved.

"Is your cabin getting ready?" she asked, combing her fingers through her curly, blonde hair. "Mine's going crazy." The teenager pointed to the inside of her cabin, where her siblings could be found preparing battle strategies. Another group of Athena's children were also heading off to the arena, where their cabin leader, Faye, could be found ready to train them.
Back to top Go down
Essie Bear

Essie Bear

PostSubject: Re: Expect the Unexpected [Essie]   Expect the Unexpected [Essie] I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 7:15 pm

Essie sighed, "I hate fighting." she said with a dead, emotionless voice. Death was the person she despised, she hated anything that involved people she cared about to die. "Apollo cabin is going insane," she sighed and smirked, "If I hear another horrible haiku about how kronos will die, I am going to seriously go and just kill the darned guy myself." she ran her fingers through her black silky hair, tying it back into a ponytail. "I honestly don't understand why people are excited for fighting." she shook her head. "I had had my first battle when I was 10 after _______'s quest." she sighed, her best friends had died in that battle.
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: Expect the Unexpected [Essie]   Expect the Unexpected [Essie] I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 8:13 pm

Melina didn't like fighting either. She was a pacifist, but only up to a certain point. Pacifists disbelieved in violence and war all together. She, however, knew that some battles had to be fought through violence. It seemed that war was the only way people understood now.

"I'm getting a little tired of it myself," she replied simply, staring off into the distance. "I've been on alot of quests lately, which is extremely exhausting. The whole battle thing might not work out for me."
Back to top Go down
Essie Bear

Essie Bear

PostSubject: Re: Expect the Unexpected [Essie]   Expect the Unexpected [Essie] I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 8:16 pm

Essie sighed, "I've never been sent out to go on a quest." she said quietly. She had never really known of fighting outside of the camp. She had no experience with it. She smiled slightly and sat right on the ground. "Why does everything have to result to fighting anyways?" she asked, more to herself than anyone.
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: Expect the Unexpected [Essie]   Expect the Unexpected [Essie] I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 8:32 pm

"War is the only answer men are capable of comprehending at this day and age," she explained, her knowledge and wisdom going on auto-pilot. Our ancestors, the ancient Greeks, raged war on others for more than just protecting their country. They did it for land, money; almost anything you could possibly think of. That's the art that has been passed down generation after generation, and why it still thrives to this day."

Melina thought what she had studied. The wars in ancient Egype, Rome, and Greece. The current wars, and wars that took place only a decade ago. The only thing she knew was Kronus wasn't making it any better. The fact that the titan lord would wage war against the gods for the world--land--was just like everything that has repeated throughout history. That quote was true after all.

"It's foolish, but like the quote states, history repeats itself. It's a never ending cycle, and there is probably no way to stop it from reoccuring again and again."
Back to top Go down
Essie Bear

Essie Bear

PostSubject: Re: Expect the Unexpected [Essie]   Expect the Unexpected [Essie] I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 8:43 pm

Essie shook her head, she never wanted to be the one to fight, all the people she ever cared about, died. They died more than she wanted. She knew how to protect herself, just not anyone else without making something go incredibly wrong. "I need to train more if Kronos is coming soon." she sighed, putting a stray hair behind her ear. "What about you?" she asked, slightly tilting her head.
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: Expect the Unexpected [Essie]   Expect the Unexpected [Essie] I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 8:47 pm

Melina shook her head. "I've survived the last six years I've been here at camp." Then, she remembered all of the lives of her friends that had died. She couldn't protect them, so what was she saying? "But then again, a little training couldn't hurt."

For once, she turned to face Essie. She could understand the determination in her friend's voice, how much they cared for the camp; how much they'd train to defend. Though, at every battle, no matter how hard she tried to act brave, there was always a little fear that crept inside of Melina. What if she never made it back this time? That was always the question.

"Why? Is there something on your mind?"
Back to top Go down
Essie Bear

Essie Bear

PostSubject: Re: Expect the Unexpected [Essie]   Expect the Unexpected [Essie] I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 8:54 pm

Essie shook her head, her eyes shining with hard determination. She would not let any body die if she fought, she would try her hardest. "I just want to be able to live." she said with little to no emotion. She grabbed her dagger and bow and got up, "I can't train without a partner, and what's a better partner than a friend and an Athena kid as well?" she said half smiling.
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: Expect the Unexpected [Essie]   Expect the Unexpected [Essie] I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 9:01 pm

Melina could only smile at Essie, understand that they had a mission to do. They were going to protect the lives of their fellow half-bloods. They were going to save the reign of the gods. They were going to save the camp and defeat Kronus, one monster at a time.

"Sure, why not," she said, taking out her yellow retractable highlighter and fingering her owl shaped bracelet, which were her battle essentials--a celestial bronze sword and a shield--in their mortal form. "I'll warn you, though. I'm pretty skilled with my sword. You know, as in, advanced."

The daughter of Athena nodded with excitement. It had been what seemed forever since she went one on one with another demigod or demigoddess. "And maybe once we're done taking down Kronus, we can get back to piano, eh?" She gave her friend a quick wink before speaking again. The teenager had returned to her bright spirits again, her smile growing wider. "What do you say?"

Last edited by Bre Bre on Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Essie Bear

Essie Bear

PostSubject: Re: Expect the Unexpected [Essie]   Expect the Unexpected [Essie] I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 9:32 pm

Essie smiled. "Of course." she felt some happiness seeping through to her,She wanted to forget all about the fight coming up. Determination seered through her as she pulled out her dagger in a sharp quick movement. She smirked, "If you beat me, we'll call it an even for piano." she smiled and held her dagger firmly.
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: Expect the Unexpected [Essie]   Expect the Unexpected [Essie] I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 9:59 pm

"It's a deal."

Melina looked out into the direction of the arena, watching her siblings enter after recieving the message from their cabin leader. She didn't need help, just a buddy to spar with. Shew knew exactly what she was doing; everything she knew about swordfighting she taught herself.

It takes experience, she thought, to master your weapon.

Shaking away her thoughts, Melina returned her gray-eyed gaze to Essie.
"Shall we?"
Back to top Go down
Essie Bear

Essie Bear

PostSubject: Re: Expect the Unexpected [Essie]   Expect the Unexpected [Essie] I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 11:02 pm

Essie smirked, "We shall." she started to walk towards the arena to spar. She already noticed some of her brothers and sisters going and getting in gear. Essie shook her head, she never wore the gear, in times of a true fight, you would never have time. "If you need to get ready go ahead." she said smiling to Lina.
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: Expect the Unexpected [Essie]   Expect the Unexpected [Essie] I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 7:40 am

Upon arriving at the arena, Melina could see dozens of half-bloods already starting their training with their cabin leaders, each cabin having a different side.

"Things are getting tense, aren't they?" She was sure that it would be okay to miss out on the Athena training session, as she attended the others on time, and what she was doing now was technically still training. Faye wouldn't mind, she was sure. Melina trusted her, and Faye trusted Melina.

"I usually don't use my armor as much, unless I really need it," she explained. "I'll just rely on my speed and agility for out fight."
Back to top Go down
Essie Bear

Essie Bear

PostSubject: Re: Expect the Unexpected [Essie]   Expect the Unexpected [Essie] I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 10:59 pm

Essie smiled, "I don't use armor either." she said simply, and going over to a clear spot to fight. "Ready?" she asked, getting in her stance that she had perfected over the summer. "I'll tell you now, that you'll probably win." she said, swiping a hair quickly out of her face.
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: Expect the Unexpected [Essie]   Expect the Unexpected [Essie] I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 7:45 am

"Yeah, probably," she giggled, standing in her own battle stance. One foot in front of the other, heels aligned, and weapon and shield aligned with feet. Her stance would've sort of looked like a triangle, balancing her weight on both sides of her body.

Melina decided to wait for Essie to make the first move, and play an offensive battle for awhile. When she was ready, she would go in for the strike.

"Okay, Essie. Show me what you've got."
Back to top Go down
Essie Bear

Essie Bear

PostSubject: Re: Expect the Unexpected [Essie]   Expect the Unexpected [Essie] I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 7:16 pm

Essie sighed, she thought of an idea. She ran right towards Melina's shield to knock it out her grip, She ran right past and turned on her heel, she rolled and tripped Melina from under her feet, reaching to get her dagger quickly, and getting up, looking to see if it had worked.
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: Expect the Unexpected [Essie]   Expect the Unexpected [Essie] I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 7:28 pm

Being a daughter of Athena, Melina wasn't the one to be easily fooled. With her combined knowledge of swordplay and science, she kept her balance even, refusing to let herself loose control.

As Essie advanced forward, the teenager gripped her shield tightly, allowing a loud clang to be heard throughout the arena. Knowing that it would be unwise to move the shield to her feet, Melina quickly moved backward, still maintaining balance. With both her shield and sword still at hand, she waited for Essie to strike again.

"What do you think?" she teased.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Expect the Unexpected [Essie]   Expect the Unexpected [Essie] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Expect the Unexpected [Essie]
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next