Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

A sudden winter wonderland. [p r i v a t e--To Rempy-poo!]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

A sudden winter wonderland. [p r i v a t e--To Rempy-poo!] Empty
PostSubject: A sudden winter wonderland. [p r i v a t e--To Rempy-poo!]   A sudden winter wonderland. [p r i v a t e--To Rempy-poo!] I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 10:19 am

A sudden winter wonderland. [p r i v a t e--To Rempy-poo!] Olivia
A sudden winter wonderland. [p r i v a t e--To Rempy-poo!] Angel2

A single white flake fell from the sky. It was followed by another. And another, and another. Soon it was snowing in the forest of Camp Half-Blood. The once grassy ground was lightly dusted with the cold white flakes. How could it be snowing in camp? The answer was simple. Olivia.
The daughter of Khione sat on a fallen tree. Her hair was long and reached most of the way down her back. It was blonde in color with tints of red and brown. Her skin was ghostly pale and her lips appeared as thought hey had frost on them. The tips of her fingers were tinted blue, as though she had frost bite. She stared blankly out into the swirling silver storm. Wherever Olivia went, she brought snow. It was part of her curse that she still was unable to control. Her freezing body temperature lowered the atmospheric pressure enough to cause snow within one meter on either side of her. Many stared at her strangely for this. They would stop and gawk at the girl surrounded by winter, but Olivia didn't mind. She had grown accustomed to looks of horror and confusion ever since she moved from her home in Switzerland. It was always snowing there, so the snow surrounding her went unnoticed. But in New York, she stood out like a frozen thumb.
Olivia sighed as she picked up a handful of snow in her bare hand. The snow was not cold to her due to her abnormally low body temperature. One could say that she had ice in her veins. While this was true, Olivia was far from mean. She was distant and rather cold, but mean was something that didn't exist for Olivia.
'You know, because you make everything snow I never have to worry about losing my white coat...so that's a bonus, right?' a small voice said. Olivia turned her icy blue gaze tot he source of the voice. It was her beloved, arctic fox companion Blanca. Her eyes matched Olivia's and were a bright shade of blue. Her coat was white and fluffy and made her look like a talking cotton ball. Olivia scooped up her foxy companion, stroking her soft white fur.
"Yes yes, at least you can still look pretty while I freeze everyone to death," she said in a tone of dry, biting sarcasm. While, normally, Olivia would not touch any living being due to her curse, Blanca was different. Her father had brought Blanca home from a trip to the arctic as a young kit. Olivia raised her and soon found she could communicate with the fox. She also discovered that the curse, for one reason or another, did not affect Blanca, so she was free to be "normal" around her. Olivia believed this must be some gift from her mother, Khione...that way she wasn't completely alone.
'Come on, cheer up. You did become the new cabin leader, after all. And none of them look at you strangely. A lot of them have the atmospheric difference as well,' Blanca pointed out, attempting to cheer up her friend.
Olivia sighed, shaking her head. "Well that's all fine and dandy but they can touch people without killing them," she snapped, turning her gaze away from the fox.
Blanca's ears lowered a moment as she saw how distressed Olivia was. The daughter of Khione tried her best to hide the shame she felt for her uncontrollable power, but it seeped through like a stain that never went away. Anytime she saw people hugging or shaking hands or touching one another in any way, it was a reminder that she would never be able to do so. She would never be able to feel the warmth from another living body. She would stay constantly frozen in her own solitude...
'Come on Olivia...do you want to train some more? I could be your practice dummy. Just use snow instead of ice, please,' Blanca said. She nudged Olivia's arm gently with her wet, black, snow covered nose.
Olivia chuckled, scratching behind her companion's ear. "No, I'm okay, Blanca. You don't have to worry about me... I'm perfectly fine," she lied, attempting to abolish her friend's worry.
Blanca could easily tell that Olivia was faking her strong composure, but she said nothing. SHe simply curled up in a ball beside Olivia and stared out into the falling snow.

It really was a beautiful sight, and even though Olivia saw snow everywhere she went, she still found a sense of awe in its structure. Ever snow flake is different with intricate designs and patterns that you don't actually see unless you look closely enough. Each snowflake was like a tiny sculpture that Khione blessed the world with each winter.
Olivia was proud to be a daughter of Khione. And she was thrilled to be chosen cabin leader... But if she wasn't a daughter of Khione maybe she would be happier. She wouldn't be cursed. She wouldn't have to close herself off from people. She could just be...normal. However, the expectations to one day to know what normal really was had drifted away from Olivia's mind long ago, back when she killed her step mother.
The memory still haunted her as a constant reminder of what she was capable of with her, currently uncontrollable, abilities. 'I wonder if Tyler ever knew that is was me... Or does he really believe that she just happened to magically freeze to death?' she thought in a rather bitter tone.
Her pain of being alone was now doubled at the thought of her younger brother, Tyler. 'He probably hates me for leaving..' she thought, taking a sudden interest in her shoes. She had sent him countless Iris messages, but he would never answer. She'd called him on their old home phone, on her dad's cellphone, but he refused to speak to her. Olivia clenched her fists, wishing that she could leave camp, go find her brother and just hold him like she did when he was a baby. But she couldn't do that. Ever since she had reached the age of 12 her abilities grew stronger. She could never hold him now.
Olivia shook her head, wanting to rid her mind of these saddening thoughts. She rose to her feet and decided to take Blanca's suggestion and train. Olivia flicked her wrist and a large ball of snow rose into the air. She pushed her hands forward in a swift motion and the large ball went hurtling towards a tree. It was solid as a rock and would take out the tree in an instant, but those were innocent dryads that she would not want to hurt. Just before the compact snow ball hit the tree, Olivia unclenched her fist and the ball loosened into just soft, light snow. It gently hit the tree before fluttering tot he ground. Olivia sighed, deciding that actually training out here would be pointless. She couldn't do what she had to in the forest without hurting the trees. So, she decided to take a more artistic route with her powers.
An ice sculpture. She started forming the snow into a large mass at first, but then, as the sculpture got more detailed, Olivia became more purposeful with her etchings and carvings. After the rough sculpture was made out of snow, Olivia willed the powdery substance to solidify into ice. She than began to carve away at the ice with her hands. She did this by turning the places of ice she wanted to be rid of into snow and simply brushing them away. Olivia wasn't much of an artist, but with her abilities sculpting out of ice was a breeze.
By the time she was finished she had made her very own, icy castle. It was about as tall she she was and was extremely detailed. Each little window, door and balcony was carved into the structure. Olivia stepped back and admired her work a moment before she plopped down into the snow, finding that, once again, she was lacking any sort of amusement or activity.

Back to top Go down
http://z13.invisionfree.com/Adelphia/index.php?
Remplissage
Golden Oldie
Remplissage

PostSubject: Re: A sudden winter wonderland. [p r i v a t e--To Rempy-poo!]   A sudden winter wonderland. [p r i v a t e--To Rempy-poo!] I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 3:07 pm

A sudden winter wonderland. [p r i v a t e--To Rempy-poo!] Rsz_1rsz_2oliver

A sudden winter wonderland. [p r i v a t e--To Rempy-poo!] Rempy2
Nametag by Angel. ©
Around this turn
where the cross
will cast your shadow
the people will all gather

It was snowing. This was a rather miraculous thing to happen to Olliver, because he absolutely loved snow. Also, it wasn't snow season yet, the leaves were turning and the air was getting a slight chill, but other than that, it was sunny for the most part. He had just been sitting there, having a rather unsuccessful staring contest with Snare, and then a single snow flake had landed between the two. It was odd; no, it was magical, nearly. It was like a blessing from above. Though, Olliver wasn't unreasonable. He knew that it was most likely a Khione child, with their atmospheric difference ability. He had never seen it as much of an ability, though. A curse, perhaps? Olliver couldn't imagine walking down the streets of New York City, with snow following him every. While he loved the frosty white substance, it would get rather annoying to be plagued with it, every moment of every hour of every day. Suddenly, he felt a harsh pang of pity for the bunch. What must it be like to know that throughout your entire life, you'd be followed by snow, and summer would never be true?

By the time Olliver finished his little mental adventure, the snow had already covered the foliage; the trees were painted white, and Snare was paler than usual, but otherwise still staring at him. "Come on, stop that. Match is over," he said, laughing. The small fennec fox gazed at him like he was an idiot for a moment. Finishing the game (which he had won by the way), he padded around in a circle impatiently, as if telling Olliver to hurry up. Standing, the boy gave a bad attempt to dust himself off. He was wearing a dark green tee-shirt, which was now dyed white with snow, and a pair of worn-out jeans, which were also covered in the icy stuff. Shivering slightly, he smiled, and decided to seek out the bringer of snow. "Let's go, Snare," he instructed, gesturing for the fox to follow him. Then, they hunted. They searched high and low for the Khione child, absolutely sure that there must be one. Ten minutes later, they both emerged into a snowy clearing, which was void of any life. "Nothing," he huffed, sadly. He had been honestly enthusiastic to meet the one who could make it snow like this. Maybe they wouldn't be so happy to see him, but he had always wanted to befriend a child of the snow goddess, he just hadn't got the chance. Olliver figured that he could just go back to camp, and find one in the cabin, but that wasn't as much fun.

Feeling a small poke in his ankle, he glanced down, and spotted Snare, who was prodding him with his nose. Not waiting another moment, the small fox took off, scurrying over plants, through trees, and occasionally shaking the snow off of himself. Struggling to keep up, Olliver sprinted, leaping over logs and the like. Then, without any warning whatsoever, the fennec fox stopped, just as abruptly as he had started. Olliver's gaze followed the fox's, which was forward. Through the broken branches and the snow of a fallen tree, he could spot a figure. Squinting, he moved over, and gained the perfect observation point. The figure turned out to be a girl, who was around his age. She had pale skin, and her lips had an odd blueish tint to them. Her hair was long, and contrasted greatly with the snow, making it easier to see it. Although she wasn't glamorous, she was rather attractive, in a haunting sort of way. Just what Olliver had expected. He had always heard that Khione herself was quite the looker, so he expected her children to all be beautiful, in a sort of icy goddess aura. Smirking, he bent, and stealthily snuck through the snow. When he was about ten feet behind her, he moved to the left, allowing himself to see her better. She didn't seem like the friendliest person, but Snare seemed to be pulled to her. Then, seeing another small shape, he realized the the girl too had a fox. Narrowing his eyes at his own, he sighed. "Really, Snare? I'm sorry to tell you, but you're not exactly a lady-killer."

The fox let it's tongue hang out stupidly, before retracting it and padding towards the girl. Knowing that there was no stopping the young fennec fox, he stood, brushed off his clothes, and walked towards her as well. Halfway there, he examined the sky, which was a swirling silver cauldron of clouds. It was beautiful as well, oddly. Like a calm moment before the actual storm was there. But, the storm had been there. It still was there. "Hello!" Olliver said, enthusiastically, once they were in hearing range. "I'm Olliver Gillespie, and this is Snare. I'm assuming this was your doing?" He gestured towards the sky in awe, knowing what her answer would be. It would either be some kind of sarcastic remark, or a genuine answer of "yes." He may not seem it, but Olliver was great at reading people.

to remember such a day
where the flames grew
as high as trees
and the world stopped

Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: A sudden winter wonderland. [p r i v a t e--To Rempy-poo!]   A sudden winter wonderland. [p r i v a t e--To Rempy-poo!] I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 12:20 am

A sudden winter wonderland. [p r i v a t e--To Rempy-poo!] Olivia
A sudden winter wonderland. [p r i v a t e--To Rempy-poo!] Angel2

Olivia jumped, letting out a squeak of surprise as a voice sounded from behind her. She spun to face the source of the voice. It was a boy. She recognized him from around camp, though she had never spoken to him. She eyed him curiously before she spoke. "I'm Olivia...Olivia Frost.." she said. When he spoke of Snare, she turned to see Blanca sniffing at the fennec fox curiously. The arctic fox padded in circles around her new potential friend before she let out a happy yip. Her fluffy tail swished back and forth before she turned to look at Olivia. 'I've never met another fox before,' Blanca said, sniffing at Snare with intrigue. Olivia cracked a small smile, patting Blanca's head. 'Just don't kill him. Your definition of 'play' is a bit extreme,' the daughter of Khione thought. Blanca gave a toothy grin before turning her attention back to Snare.
Olivia rose to her feet, brushing the snow from her clothing. When Oliver gestured to the clouds swirling above her head, Olivia nodded. "Yes, that' my doing. Though I can't control it. A few of my other siblings have this ability as well. It gives us easy access to ice and snow, but makes us stand out like a sore thumb in the middle of New York," she pointed out. Olivia glanced around with mild boredom before turning back to Oliver. "So what are you doing so far out in the forest? she asked, arching a pale eyebrow. Most people didn't wander this far into the forest unless they were looking for a private area or they were just lost in thought. And even then, this far was surprising. Except for Olivia. She purposefully came out this far to be as alone as possible. Which, usually, works.

Back to top Go down
http://z13.invisionfree.com/Adelphia/index.php?
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A sudden winter wonderland. [p r i v a t e--To Rempy-poo!]   A sudden winter wonderland. [p r i v a t e--To Rempy-poo!] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A sudden winter wonderland. [p r i v a t e--To Rempy-poo!]
Page 1 of 1