Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Double-Accounting

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Kendall
Experienced Poster
Kendall

Double-Accounting Empty
PostSubject: Double-Accounting   Double-Accounting I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 3:35 pm

(godiwishiwasstillmod)

HOW ON EARTH CAN SOMEBODY JUMP FROM 0 VOTES, TO 13?

First of all, they either are insanely popular within members, or they are double accounting. It happened last year, and it's bound to happen this year. It's a completely unfair way of winning, not to mention against the rules. Jumping from 1 to 4 or 5 is a reasonable amount, but to 13... NO WAY!

I just think the Admins and Mods need to be on the lookout for this kind of stuff. Nobody had a clue what was going on until I said it in the chat box.

PLEASE FIGURE OUT MORE ON THIS CASE.

(caseclosed)
Back to top Go down
Crispy Bacon
THE YODELMEISTER'S APPRENTICE
Crispy Bacon

Double-Accounting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Double-Accounting   Double-Accounting I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 4:18 pm

Em has no other accounts.
Back to top Go down
Rhyme: Goddess of Nyan

Double-Accounting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Double-Accounting   Double-Accounting I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 4:25 pm

I understand Kendall's suspicions and concerns due to how a number of people are suddenly jumping to high numbers and winning in what seems to be less than a second, but I doubt Zan would do that. I'm just going to trust the staff members to be on the lookout for any possible cheating. I've noticed number jumps too, but we DO have a lot of members on the site.
Back to top Go down
Kendall
Experienced Poster
Kendall

Double-Accounting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Double-Accounting   Double-Accounting I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 4:27 pm

When did I say that she was double accounting.
Back to top Go down
Crispy Bacon
THE YODELMEISTER'S APPRENTICE
Crispy Bacon

Double-Accounting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Double-Accounting   Double-Accounting I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 4:30 pm

Koalasaur wrote:
First of all, they either are insanely popular within members, or they are double accounting. It happened last year, and it's bound to happen this year. It's a completely unfair way of winning, not to mention against the rules. Jumping from 1 to 4 or 5 is a reasonable amount, but to 13... NO WAY!

It's rather strongly implied, but I apologize for jumping to a conclusion. I should have been less quick to assume something.

However, if that wasn't what you were implying, what exactly were you suggesting?
Back to top Go down

Double-Accounting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Double-Accounting   Double-Accounting I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 4:31 pm

I think everybody just assumed you were talking about Zan. Again I doubt she is but these conditions within the polls are a little weird. My words from before still stand. *Drinks Pepsi* Now let's not get at each other's throats about this.
Back to top Go down
maddie ☹
Grammar Police
maddie ☹

Double-Accounting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Double-Accounting   Double-Accounting I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 4:35 pm

Emzan my just be popular. Some people gave good word to her. It's not insane. People from other time zones may have gotten on and voted for her. It's not impossible. I understand your concern about the issue, but I don't think she would double account, especially since she isn't on that often. Let's just end this now before, like Rhyme said, we're all gonna end up fighting once more :p
Back to top Go down
Kendall
Experienced Poster
Kendall

Double-Accounting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Double-Accounting   Double-Accounting I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 4:39 pm

Music.
I would like to repeat what I said above, when did I EVER say something about Zan?
I would never think, nor accuse her of double accounting.

I was trying to imply that we should be more on a lookout. Double accounting is a way to WIN at stuff. You will be suprised at how much somebody will do to win.
Back to top Go down
maddie ☹
Grammar Police
maddie ☹

Double-Accounting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Double-Accounting   Double-Accounting I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 4:41 pm

Didn't you mention her name in the chatbox when talking of this? That's only why I jumped to the option of that.
Back to top Go down
tethys
Experienced Poster

Double-Accounting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Double-Accounting   Double-Accounting I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 4:41 pm

I honestly don't think people are double accounting. When I was on last night, I didn't know we could vote yet, so I voted when I realized it this morning. It's a possibility a few people are double accounting, so if the admins are suspicious, they can check the IP's of members who joined within the last day.

But... I think it's just that a majority of people were voting today that caused the spike in votes. And Zan is pretty popular, so the fact that she got all of those votes was probably cause people wanted to vote for her.
Back to top Go down
Kendall
Experienced Poster
Kendall

Double-Accounting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Double-Accounting   Double-Accounting I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 4:47 pm

I'm done.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Double-Accounting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Double-Accounting   Double-Accounting I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Double-Accounting
Page 1 of 1