Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

The Truth?

Go down 
+7
fergusonAKAfergs
Banana
Ninja Poet
Nico
selene
Liz loves Damian McGinty
maddie ☹
11 posters
AuthorMessage
maddie ☹
Grammar Police
maddie ☹

The Truth? Empty
PostSubject: The Truth?   The Truth? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 9:00 pm

You ask why people are leaving, why aren't they having a good time? Because of this ridiculous fighting. Why do we have to FIGHT on a site made for people to meet each other - to make friends? I understand that there are different personalities, but why can't we just try to work through that and make friends? In all honestly, there are many people here I dislike. Those who annoy me. But you know what? I try to put differences aside. And you may think that this is nonsense! Everyone is happy together. Well, here's an example, and you know who you are. People started fighting over people leaving! Seriously?! This is why their LEAVING. Blaming each other for someone deciding to leave? This is out of hand. You all need a slap in the face. If all that happens in the chat box is arguing, why have it? If all you do is start fights, why be a member? If all that the site is is a big mass of argues, why have it? Why keep something that makes people depressed, makes people angry, stressed? Does anyone at all think before arguing with someone? Is it necessary? People here seem to be making more enemies than friends. They seem to be having more reasons to leave than to stay. Selene pointed out something today. Most members would stay for around a year or more, than finally give in. Now, we have members for a month or so leaving from what happens. People say to leave the chatbox if you don't want to be in the chatbox during a fight. Really? That is not the solution. Don't fight in the first place. Now, I know things won't change over the course of a day. But things can get better. Think before you type something hurtful, or something that will cause a problem. And then maybe, you'll get your dear friends back. But first, the fighting has to go.
Back to top Go down
Liz loves Damian McGinty

Liz loves Damian McGinty

The Truth? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Truth?   The Truth? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 9:43 pm

I agree. Fighting is absurd, and it's usually over something completely minuscule and ridiculous. I've seen sites nearly fall apart because of it. Heck, my first RP site that I've been on for a while now fell very quickly into a black hole because of ONE fight over something stupid. It's very very slowly re-cooperating now, but I don't know if it'll ever be the same as it was.

I think that sometimes, no matter how annoying or uncomfortable it may make someone feel, mods and admins really need to crack down on it, otherwise small fights get blown into sheer madness. But it's not only the admin's and mod's faults.. they do a very good job around here. People need to calm down and learn respect. If you have a problem with someone, you should pm them (politely) or ask them in a respectful way, so as not to offend someone, in public to fix the problem. If they won't and the problem is not resolved: contact a staff member if it is really that important. You two quarreling in the chatbox or through a topic isn't going to do anything but involve and through that cause others to become angry and upset as well.

Alright, lecture over. --Liz.
Back to top Go down
selene
Honorary Staff Member
selene

The Truth? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Truth?   The Truth? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 9:45 pm

AMEN TESTIFY! xD I feel like we're in Baptist church, BUT I TOTALLY AGREE.
Back to top Go down
maddie ☹
Grammar Police
maddie ☹

The Truth? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Truth?   The Truth? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 9:46 pm

you gotta TESTIFY! lol but seriously, stop the fighting and hug each other
Back to top Go down
Liz loves Damian McGinty

Liz loves Damian McGinty

The Truth? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Truth?   The Truth? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 9:56 pm

xDD My friend who's Nigerian and very Christian is constantly saying things like: "AMEN!!! PRAISE THE LORD!" And I think it's so funny!!! I love it.
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

The Truth? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Truth?   The Truth? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 2:30 am

Alright, let's get one thing straight:

The fights are all about power. Whether it's directly linked to wanting to be one of the new CLs, or something indirect, like someone in power, who got the spot a while ago, being able to use their power against you. If you've had a problem with this stuff for so long, what's holding it in more going to do, except cause less fights?

Now, I sound like I'm blaming the members for being power hungry. I'm not going to sit here and go on and on about how the members could fix these problems. In all honesty, people who want power, you've seen the way I blow up all the time. Any old member can testify that I didn't use to be like that. I hardly ever got into fights, I was unbiased. Becoming a Mod just recently really did change me, I understand that. Sometimes, I was I wasn't on the staff, but here you guys are, fighting over wanting to be a part of the team. It's not worth it. I'm not going to leave the staff or anything, but when the expectations are lower for you, it's much easier to rise to the occasion.

I know that I often get on the chat and try to fix problems, only to end up making things much worse, but I still get old that what I did was right.

The way I treat most of you guys on the chat, it isn't right. I've considered leaving a lot because I'm being stressed. Now that I think about it, though, I bring the stress down upon myself. I could do a much better job at Admining the chatbox, but I don't think that it's my current skill. I use to do a better job, back when I wasn't the person people looked up to for help. It's bringing a lot of stress down on me, which makes me react differently around fights. I want to fight back, which causes more problems, doesn't it?

When most of my friends left, of course I got even more bitter. I blamed people for causing them to leave, without speaking publicly about it, which only made me want to shout at those who I knew made my friends leave. I'm sure you guys would do the same, but that doesn't make it okay, does it? I haven't done my best. From now on, I'm going to try and assist with fights, so that I don't get extremely biased. I know they fights aren't started by me, but somewhere in the middle, I join all of them. I apologize for that.

While you might think I need to be more harsh when dealing with fights, after my rant, I think you would agree that I need to loosen up. Whenever I see someone disrespect one of my friends, I blow up. Whenever someone brakes a rule slightly, I blow up. Whenever someone questions me authority? This is the worst part. People, hear me out, please stop questioning everything the staff asks of you. We're the staff. We know what we're talking about. Why you might see it as unfair at the time, you guy just need to have faith in our decisions, even if you find them unacceptable.

If you want to be authority, you must first learn to embrace it, so just keep that in mind.

-Allison (Nico
Back to top Go down
Ninja Poet

Ninja Poet

The Truth? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Truth?   The Truth? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 6:57 am

srly, why did someone down vote Selene's post? BUT ANYWAY WHAT I WAS GOING TO SAY WAS
Why do people argue on the chatbox? The chatbox is a place for fun and sharing creepy videos and begging people to RP with you. If you want to argue, go to Cleverbot or Omegle, but not here.
Back to top Go down
Banana
Banana

The Truth? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Truth?   The Truth? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 9:42 am

(Rated: PG)

Well, that's poo. I just want to cuss till morning. And yes, it's early evening right now. I can't believe- I can't believe that this has really taken a toll. Again. You don't understand how life-threatening this issue is. You know suicide? Yeah, that's the effects of depression. Rebellion? Just the same. You know guys, or maybe you don’t know, but I don’t care, not that anyone did actually care; I've been on a temporary, short and un-announced leave. And what awaited me? Fights. Story of fights. People(which I know and love too) leaving. Personality changes. Depression? Everything, everything that I've been avoiding in the real world(except the addition of studies) has taken over this site too?

Well, that's sick. I'm sorry, if you may get offended. I'm sorry for being a prick and actually saying this. I'm sorry for being a jerk for rising up my voice. HELL, EVERYONE'S SORRY. You don't get it, how much this is affecting everyone. I've got mood swings, that seemed innocent at first, and then it just went overdrive. I’ve got finals that were on an all time low statuses. Everyday I can’t believe how many times the thought of running away pops into my head. And if I do run away, virtually I might add, this blocks me from having real fun.

It sickens me how this site has come into. It drives me crazy, everyday I wanted to come on, the thoughts of bringing randomness and awesomeness of the site to me and me to the site filled me with crazy-girl joy. But everyday as I open my comp, I think back into the times when everyone I’ve known went away because of site-hogging-jerks, I keep on thinking: “What would me life be if I just suddenly stop.” The realization hit me, hard. This was not the site I joined up in December. This was not the lovely, awesome, wonderful, etc. site I’ve been waiting for so long to get on to. Damn, I don’t even know what this is about. I keep on thinking, “Hey, they’d live on without me.” But I can’t seem to get my values of friendship to the other members out of my system. Well, screw me and my hypocritical ways. I tell everyone to enjoy, have fun, don’t leave. I accept rp suggestion, give comments, and face long hours of study in the late night after spending hours here. But deep inside, I know, I’m scarred. Scarred, I want to leave, shout, throw a tantrum, act like a kid and definitely leave my past behind, quit and start anew. But
I can’t, since this mixed up place is where I also have my friends. I list down things that might make me stay or leave, but the things that’s there isn’t surprising. A lot of things are under LEAVE in bold, hurting words.

I’m getting lost from the point aren’t I. Well, I guess, I’m just saying the truth. If we want change, act. Stop mopping around and wish for a savior to save the site. Also, when you argue, think: “Which is better? To go on, raging war against members, or to make peace and love the fact that they’re actually people who listen?” People make mistakes; I guess, so don’t go around and act all powerful. Stop being arrogant, jerks. If you keep on making enemies, I think it’s better to leave.

Okay, I’m coming near the end of my rant, which seems like a page too many. I’m just asking, from real experience, to just shut up and leave it behind. Okay? I don’t care if you vote my post down, send hate mail, stalk and kill me. But for now, at least, we’ll know who’s guilty of the charge. Okay?

Rated T rant:
Back to top Go down
fergusonAKAfergs

fergusonAKAfergs

The Truth? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Truth?   The Truth? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 10:21 am

I agree with EVERYTHING in the aforementioned. We have GOT to stop the fighting. The new registered user number counter thing-a-ma-jig gets bigger everyday. We shouldn't subject our new users to all this fighting because you know what they're gonna fo? They're going to go to a different CHB site. It took me FOREVER to find this site and you know what? It's awesome, it's ACTIVE and it's easy to use and stuff like that. In my opinion, the site rocks, but we have gotta stop fighting. We cannot have a civil war of campers fighting in the chatbox or over PM. And those power hungry people have to realize that the staff members are apart of staff because they can handle the responsibility and be as active as a staff member can. It wasn't a "Let's pick a name out of a hat!" situation of choosing, it was probably a decisive, meticulous, decision that the staff had to make (I'm guessing). They know what they're doing. And if we all gave everyone the power they wanted, there would be hundreds of admins, CLs, mods and stuff. Imagine how much worse that would make the fighting. And if people are leaving, that's their business. Some come back, some don't. But we can't fight a throw the blame to people just so we can take our anger out on someone. I know it hurts to see people leave, I would be devastated if someone extremely close to me left on here, but we can't stop them. As much as we would like to, we can't. They might be leaving because they need to, not always because they have to. See the difference??

I guess what I'm trying to say is we can't have fighting because that leads to people leaving then people fighting about people. It's an endless cycle of anger, frustration, hurt, sadness, and aggression. And we can't have that on a site where some members are younger/older than others. I personally think the staff is doing a fantastic job and this site; how it runs, how it works is proof of that. I don't question the staff, nor do I thrive and be power hungry. There are a lot of other people on this site who think the same. I love the idea of the chatbox, there are a lot of fun and cool memories from there, but double the hurtful and mean fighting.

In the end, everybody has to know their place. I know I'm a member; Nico probably knows she's an admin and so on and so forth. We can't say "Well, I'm a member, but I'm planning overthrowing so and so because I REALLY want to be a CL," because that's ridiculous...just, ridiculous. In the end, we all love roleplaying and chatting with each other. The fighting has clouded and hidden this fact. Sure people don't always agree or like each other, but you have to act like you would in real life. Just because you're online doesn't mean you should forget your manners completely. After all, who wants to hate/be hated at the end of the day. The answer is no one.

I'm gonna stop know because this is really big. Sorry! :) :) :) but it's true^^^
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/erika.f.lincoln

The Truth? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Truth?   The Truth? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 3:25 pm

Wow... Well said... Everyone.

I had a big post in my head, too. But now everything I wanted to say is said, and I agree with every little bit of it.
Back to top Go down
Rhyme: Goddess of Nyan

Rhyme: Goddess of Nyan

The Truth? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Truth?   The Truth? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 9:15 pm

I have had just about enough. I hate to say this, but some people right now are being total hypocrites. They preach about not fighting yet start conflict themselves. If you don't call swarming Katie's character topic over idiotic crap starting conflict, you need to get yourself checked. There is no reason to attack people over stupid stuff. That is why people leave here. There's those guys who scream at somebody for doing something they don't like aka deleting a post in an attempt to clean up and make their character topic neat instead of remaking one or not liking a certain series or any other trivial manner. It's not worth it. If you don't agree with something, you don't have to b**** out the other person. You can just agree to disagree. Learn to be mature. I lurk the forum and chatbox a lot. I don't like seeing conflict or seeing people get attacked for stupid stuff. I've been attacked before for various things, many of them which have also been stupid. People attacking others over not liking Harry Potter or thinking Justin Bieber is ugly or another stupid crap is what has made me leave a number of RP sites. I actually love Camp Half Blood and the people on here. Don't make me have leave here after only 3 months. Now excuse me for being somewhat rude on my deliverance of this news, but now I say suck on that.
Back to top Go down
Sammeh

Sammeh

The Truth? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Truth?   The Truth? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 9:25 pm

>.>
<.<
I think we should all give each other a hug. And a Sammich. I think we have our point across, we don't want to turn this into a rant topic xD. So let's stop fighting, and start giving hugs. Yes?
Back to top Go down
Crispy Bacon
THE YODELMEISTER'S APPRENTICE
Crispy Bacon

The Truth? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Truth?   The Truth? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 9:31 pm

Topic has been sent to Graveyard to avoid conflict.
Back to top Go down
Katie Firebird
Experienced Poster
Katie Firebird

The Truth? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Truth?   The Truth? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 9:35 pm

To avoid conflict? Go look at what we both posted.
Back to top Go down
http://thehungergamesrp.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

The Truth? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Truth?   The Truth? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Truth?
Page 1 of 1