Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Better Combat System?

Go down 
+3
Nico
tethys
Gazimu
7 posters

You like?
Yes
Better Combat System? I_vote_lcap29%Better Combat System? I_vote_rcap
 29% [ 5 ]
No
Better Combat System? I_vote_lcap47%Better Combat System? I_vote_rcap
 47% [ 8 ]
Yes, but it could Be improved
Better Combat System? I_vote_lcap24%Better Combat System? I_vote_rcap
 24% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 17

AuthorMessage
Gazimu
Mr. Content Cucumber
Gazimu

Better Combat System? Empty
PostSubject: Better Combat System?   Better Combat System? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 5:24 pm

I dunno, but its too easy to God-Mod or never let yourself get hit right now.

Im not saying make some ridiculously complicated system, but maybe just a hit miss thing so we can agree on when someone is hit in a fight.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehungergamesrp.forummotion.com
tethys
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: Better Combat System?   Better Combat System? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 6:25 pm

Hmm... A lot of people have suggested stuff like this, but I didn't like how complicated the ideas were. A simple hit/miss system would be better, IMO. :0
Back to top Go down
Gazimu
Mr. Content Cucumber
Gazimu

PostSubject: Re: Better Combat System?   Better Combat System? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 12:33 am

possibly a block/miss block one too, just so the attacked have a chance to save themselves a hit. But as long as its explained its easy to do :/
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: Better Combat System?   Better Combat System? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 12:59 am

Eeeh. I don't know. This isn't the best thing for this sire. Like every other time this has been suggested, I have to say, no. Certain characters have certain advantages on this site, and people know if their god-moding, and so does the staff. We notice this, so don't worry, we handle it, but some character are either stronger or weaker than others, which is why this wouldn't work.
Back to top Go down
Ninja Poet

Ninja Poet

PostSubject: Re: Better Combat System?   Better Combat System? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 6:49 am

What if when going into a battle, you have like, a certain number of hits, and a certain number of misses? Like, at the beggining, depending on the size of the battle, the admins can say something like "okay, for this battle, it'll be 10 hits, 10 misses" then at the end of each post, if for example, you had blocked someone, you would put at the bottom [[9 misses]] and then you would know how many misses you had left, and how many hits you would have left. Also, you could buy more hits/misses with your drachmas. I suppose the only problem would be if you ran out alltogether.
Back to top Go down
Rykthrall

Rykthrall

PostSubject: Re: Better Combat System?   Better Combat System? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 7:05 am

However, the problem with that system is that the experienced members would have an obvious edge over newer members. A secondary problem would be that god modding would still be possible, so it doesn't matter, even if you only have 1/0, since you can just god mod your way to victory.

On the other hand, I really have no suggestions for this. The only system I could think of would be a D&D type stats system but that would be remarkably complicated and would have the same problem as the above.
Battles would also have to be fought using some sort of...digital dice(?) So it doesn't really work.
Back to top Go down
Gazimu
Mr. Content Cucumber
Gazimu

PostSubject: Re: Better Combat System?   Better Combat System? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 1:01 pm

xD there is in fact a dice system for forummotion.

I really only suggested it because fights seem too easy to win right now.
Back to top Go down
Katie Firebird
Experienced Poster
Katie Firebird

PostSubject: Re: Better Combat System?   Better Combat System? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 2:13 pm

Rykthrall wrote:
However, the problem with that system is that the experienced members would have an obvious edge over newer members.

But that's what Nico's problem was, there was no way for more experienced demigods to have an edge, well this may be that. This system sounds very intriguing considering I have designed a few custom one's myself that work very well. I'll explore it more in the future and most likely toy around on a test site of mine to see the results.
Back to top Go down
http://thehungergamesrp.forumotion.com
Gazimu
Mr. Content Cucumber
Gazimu

PostSubject: Re: Better Combat System?   Better Combat System? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 3:20 pm

xD Katie I based the idea off of your dice system.
Back to top Go down
Katie Firebird
Experienced Poster
Katie Firebird

PostSubject: Re: Better Combat System?   Better Combat System? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 3:58 pm

That was pretty obvious xD
Back to top Go down
http://thehungergamesrp.forumotion.com
Gazimu
Mr. Content Cucumber
Gazimu

PostSubject: Re: Better Combat System?   Better Combat System? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 4:07 pm

well, to you yeah, not to the rest of the forum... Except maybe tethys xD
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: Better Combat System?   Better Combat System? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 5:05 pm

It was really obvious, Gaz. xD

But, I still disagree with it. I don't like it. Fighting only really happens in battle, and most of the time, the members aren't fighting each other. Getting hurt in battle is something to be proud of. I trust that the members will improve on fighting after seeing this, and I don't want to add in dice.
Back to top Go down
Gazimu
Mr. Content Cucumber
Gazimu

PostSubject: Re: Better Combat System?   Better Combat System? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 5:17 pm

oh right, forgot you were on the forum too xD

By the way, I put in all the remaining tributes names and did a random selection in case the forum could be revived.

It selected Brook.
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: Better Combat System?   Better Combat System? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 5:20 pm

((I thought Dee said Jokk could just win. -.- Before she left. Tethys said that was okay with her. :l))
Back to top Go down
Gazimu
Mr. Content Cucumber
Gazimu

PostSubject: Re: Better Combat System?   Better Combat System? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 5:45 pm

thats sort of unfair to the other tributes...

plus it doesn't matter right now, the forum is pretty dead...
Back to top Go down
Crispy Bacon
THE YODELMEISTER'S APPRENTICE
Crispy Bacon

PostSubject: Re: Better Combat System?   Better Combat System? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 4:04 pm

Hmm, I like the idea of a battling system.. We could probably try to figure one out and test it out? I saw a battle system that I thought was cool here, but the site also includes a Gamemaster and one character per account I'm not too sure about that..

Unless you meant something that wasn't a part of the site, but something.. err, that members just figured out themselves?

Curse my jumbled mind, gah. xD
Back to top Go down
Gazimu
Mr. Content Cucumber
Gazimu

PostSubject: Re: Better Combat System?   Better Combat System? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 4:10 pm

I mean the dice system.
Back to top Go down
Crispy Bacon
Crispy Bacon

PostSubject: Re: Better Combat System?   Better Combat System? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 4:17 pm

Ohh, I see. I've never used a dice system but if you guys want to try it, we certainly can. xD
Back to top Go down
Gazimu
Mr. Content Cucumber
Gazimu

PostSubject: Re: Better Combat System?   Better Combat System? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 4:24 pm

I've used it before.

Its only useful when its a user's character against another one, so it could be used in camp battle events or capture the flag.
Back to top Go down
Crispy Bacon
Crispy Bacon

PostSubject: Re: Better Combat System?   Better Combat System? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 4:37 pm

Oh, I see. Is there a way of limiting the system to specific forums?
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: Better Combat System?   Better Combat System? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 6:05 pm

I know how to use it from the Hunger Games, and it works there quite well. I have thought about it.

I think we should allow it to be an option, and people have to use it in battle, but it's a should whether they use it in the arena. I don't think it should happen in the Capture the Flag games, because I rather like the current system for that, but I'd say I don't have that much of a problem using it for battles.

If in the arena, the person who makes the topic should decide whether or not to use the dice system in their battle, and we can just moderate that section to the best of our ability.

What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
Gazimu
Mr. Content Cucumber
Gazimu

PostSubject: Re: Better Combat System?   Better Combat System? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 7:39 pm

sounds fair, but it would need a topic introducing it if it happened, since at first it can seem complicated.
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: Better Combat System?   Better Combat System? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 8:20 pm

Well, of course!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Better Combat System?   Better Combat System? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Better Combat System?
Page 1 of 1