Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Combat Practice [Open]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Excelsior

Excelsior

Combat Practice [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Combat Practice [Open]   Combat Practice [Open] I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 9:45 pm

Brandon Mathias stood at the target range, assault rifle ready. He took aim, and squeezed the trigger with practice and control.
Three rounds. Next target. Three rounds. Next target.
Though the rifle was set to full auto, no more than three bullets left the barrel every trigger pull. Each trio landed somewhere around the innermost three rings of each target.
Back to top Go down
Luccy

Luccy

PostSubject: Re: Combat Practice [Open]   Combat Practice [Open] I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 9:52 pm

I sat with my knees to my chest against the edge of the Arena. Between my cut and bruised knees was the book I was currently reading. I was literally 'curled up with a good book'. The arena was rather empty, I observe, my eyes wondering from my page to the campers practicing. I hum softly, not really wanting to disturb anyone. My curly blonde hair hung in my green eyes as I peer back down at the words on the page.
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Combat Practice [Open]   Combat Practice [Open] I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 9:57 pm

After expending a full 30-round magazine, Brandon stopped to inspect his handiwork. In total, only four bullets had landed outside the inner three rings of any target.
I'm not a son of Apollo, but I still got a good shot, he thought, reloading his rifle. Then he slung it over his back and proceeded to one of the open areas where about twenty dummies sat deactivated. Brandon produced an aerosol can, which grew into a double-bladed war axe. He was about to activate a few dummies when he noticed a girl sitting against the wall, reading. Her knees were bruised.
"Hey, how'd you get hurt?" Brandon asked. "Sparring?"
Back to top Go down
Luccy

Luccy

PostSubject: Re: Combat Practice [Open]   Combat Practice [Open] I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 10:13 pm

My eyes dart across teh page, taking in the literature, when I realize teh boy was talking to me. My cheeks turn pink and I tuck my hair behind my ear, revealing my stunning green eyes."Not exactly. Uhm well, I fell. Multiple times." I say, smiling slightly. I wasn't lying. It seemed like I tripped more than I walked. Oh well, I was a klutz and couldn't help it.
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Combat Practice [Open]   Combat Practice [Open] I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 10:22 pm

"Ah, well, watch yourself, eh," Brandon said. "By the way, my name's Brandon Mathias, son of Ares. "What's yours?"
Back to top Go down
Luccy

Luccy

PostSubject: Re: Combat Practice [Open]   Combat Practice [Open] I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 10:27 pm

First reaction was to roll my eyes and state the fact that it would be terribly hard to watch yourself to try not to trip. I'd probably be "watching myself" and trip over air or something. It would be rude and he looked like he would easily get mad and eat me or something. I'm Kailey Summers, daughter of Komodia." I smile widely, flashing my aqua banded braces.
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Combat Practice [Open]   Combat Practice [Open] I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 10:37 pm

"Komodia? That is...goddess of happiness?" Chris Talbot arrived at the arena on one crutch. He had still not fully recovered from wounds sustained during an earlier battle.
"Here's your sniper rifle back, Chris." Brandon grabbed a scoped hunting rifle off his shoulder and handed it to the smaller son of Apollo.
Chris checked his weapon. "Thanks. I knew you'd have a use for it." He turned back to Kailey.
"So, am I right about your mom?"
Back to top Go down
Luccy

Luccy

PostSubject: Re: Combat Practice [Open]   Combat Practice [Open] I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 10:44 pm

I nod."Yeah- happiness and amusement. Deffinatly not the coolest parent around, but whatever." I say, setting down my book to look at the two boys. They both looked a few years older. [/color]"sorry, but I didn't catch your name." I state in Chris' direction. My mind wandered To the weapons the boys were holding. I guess I could try to learn to fight one of these days, it would be a good thing to know.
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Combat Practice [Open]   Combat Practice [Open] I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 10:53 pm

"I'm Chris Talbot, son of Apollo. Good to meet you Kailey." Chris shook hands with the younger girl.
"So, either of you up for some sparring?" Brandon asked. "Okay, maybe not you, Chris. Kailey?"
Back to top Go down
Luccy

Luccy

PostSubject: Re: Combat Practice [Open]   Combat Practice [Open] I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 10:58 pm

I shake Chris' hand and smile. "Sure. Well, if you are willing to teach me and make sure I don't accidentally kill myself." I roll my eyes, but I was completely serious. And, up to the challenge. I seriously hate not trying new things.
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Combat Practice [Open]   Combat Practice [Open] I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 11:00 pm

"No prob." Brandon hefted his axe. "What weapons you got? And do you have any martial arts experience, like karate class or something?"
Back to top Go down
Luccy

Luccy

PostSubject: Re: Combat Practice [Open]   Combat Practice [Open] I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 7:12 am

"I have a dagger, but that's it. And absolutely not, unless ballet class when I was three counts." I roll my eyes and smile up at him. Yeah, up, I'm not the tallest person around.
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Combat Practice [Open]   Combat Practice [Open] I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 6:21 pm

"A dagger. Alright." Brandon put his axe away and drew his own tactical knife, settling into a professional combat stance. "Posture is the first thing to know when it comes to fighting with anything. You need to be as light on your feet as possible, with your limbs tense. Keep your head up."
Back to top Go down
Luccy

Luccy

PostSubject: Re: Combat Practice [Open]   Combat Practice [Open] I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 7:05 pm

"Uhm, like this?" I ask. I tilt my head up to see him, trying to copy his stature. Immediatly, I felt kinda stupid. My standard bronze dagger rested in my hand lightly.
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Combat Practice [Open]   Combat Practice [Open] I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 7:31 pm

Brandon chuckled. "My point is, always be looking at your enemy. Don't get distracted. Your motions should be fluid, your strikes quick, because with a knife, it's all about speed. Worry about power when you have a larger weapon in your hands."
Brandon demonstrated a few jabs, each of them relatively swift.
"Speed is not my forte. Chris here can strike like a cobra with a dagger, and that's what you should work towards as well." Brandon added.
Back to top Go down
Luccy

Luccy

PostSubject: Re: Combat Practice [Open]   Combat Practice [Open] I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 7:54 pm

"Oh-kay." I take a try, stabbing the air rather quickly, my tongue poking out it concentration. "Was that right?" I ask, turning to face both Chris and Brandon. The gods only know what they where thinking. 'Prolly something along the lines od 'we shouldn't have let this little freak get a sharp object'.
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Combat Practice [Open]   Combat Practice [Open] I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 8:07 pm

Chris nodded. "Decent for a beginner. It helps if you keep your tongue in your mouth."
"And work out. Having strong arms will help you strike better," Brandon added. "Now, let's test your skill against an opponent." He activated a dummy wielding a short sword, and the dummy advanced towards Kailey.
Back to top Go down
Luccy

Luccy

PostSubject: Re: Combat Practice [Open]   Combat Practice [Open] I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 8:35 pm

I roll my green eyes at Chris and turn back to the dummy. Nodding to Brandon, I focase on the dummy's sword. I sidestep and hesitate, praying I don't get stabbed by a dummy. That would be kinda sad. Slowly, I move in closer and take a stab near what would be the dummy's stomach.
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Combat Practice [Open]   Combat Practice [Open] I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 8:43 pm

"Not bad," Brandon said as Kailey's jab found it's mark, opening a hole in the dummy's stomach. The dummy fell to the ground.
"However, when you're facing live, bigger, better-armed opponents, a dagger may not be enough," Brandon said. "You need to learn to wield bigger weapons." He grabbed a standard sword off an inactive dummy and handed it to Kailey. "Try this."
Back to top Go down
Luccy

Luccy

PostSubject: Re: Combat Practice [Open]   Combat Practice [Open] I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 9:11 pm

"Gods. This is heavy." I sputter, trying not to let my wrist bend back. I let the blade rest on the palm of my other hand and turn to the boys."So, do I do the same thing? Or is there a different, uh, technique?"
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Combat Practice [Open]   Combat Practice [Open] I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 9:24 pm

"That thing's meant to be wielded with one hand quite often, but if you find it heavy, use two hands," Brandon instructed. "And until you build up the strength to attack with speed, take a defensive approach. Wait our your opponent."
Another dummy was activated, again armed with a short sword.
Back to top Go down
Luccy

Luccy

PostSubject: Re: Combat Practice [Open]   Combat Practice [Open] I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 9:32 pm

I sigh as the lack of instruction. Just defend yourself. I raise my sword , waiting for the dummy to come closer. Well, at least I was trying something new today, I tell myself.
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Combat Practice [Open]   Combat Practice [Open] I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 9:40 pm

This dummy was more aggressive than the last one. It advanced fairly quickly, dealing out three wild slashes. Experienced fighters like Brandon and Chris could immediately see that the aggression provided gaps in defense. As a new swordsman, Kailey needed to learn to pick that out too.
Back to top Go down
Luccy

Luccy

PostSubject: Re: Combat Practice [Open]   Combat Practice [Open] I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 10:00 pm

I bite down hard on my lip, trying not to step back. My sword moved easily enough to block the first few swipes. The dummy raised teh sword quickly, leaving itself exposed.I saw my opening and went for it, slashing towards the center of the dummy.
Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Combat Practice [Open]   Combat Practice [Open] I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 10:34 pm

"Nicely done." Brandon clapped once as the dummy crumpled.
"Now, how about some marksmanship?" Chris said as he handed a bow and quiver to Kailey. "Let's see your shot."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Combat Practice [Open]   Combat Practice [Open] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Combat Practice [Open]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next