Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Sword-practice (open)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Elyse

Sword-practice (open) Empty
PostSubject: Sword-practice (open)   Sword-practice (open) I_icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 4:32 pm

I walked into the empty arena (most kids were taking showers). I walked up to a dummy and pulled on the star charm on my bracelet, and a celestial bronze sword appeared in my hand. I sized the dummy up and with one quick thrust, it's head became a pile of straw on the dusty arena floor. I then moved on to the next dummy, sizing it up.

Tyler Duncum, Daughter of Hecate
Annalie Baker, Daughter of Athena
Back to top Go down
rulerguy6

rulerguy6

PostSubject: Re: Sword-practice (open)   Sword-practice (open) I_icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 5:47 pm

I shuffle into this part of the arena, and see a little bit of swordplay going on. I haven't swung my sword agains someone who could fight back in a while so I call out to the girl swinging the sword. "Hey! Wanna swing against someting worth your while?" I call out. I walk towards her, and draw my sword, which was recently polished so the celestial bronze seemed more like steel or iron. The gleam was very hard to remove though, just like the edge, so it didn't need to be polished too often.
Back to top Go down
Elyse

PostSubject: Re: Sword-practice (open)   Sword-practice (open) I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 7:54 pm

I heard a voice call in my direction. I turned a saw a girl calling to me. I replied, "Sure, that'd be great." I walk up to her and steady my feet. I hadn't fought against actual people in a while, but she couldn't be too good, could she?
--you start the fight
Back to top Go down
rulerguy6

rulerguy6

PostSubject: Re: Sword-practice (open)   Sword-practice (open) I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 11:27 pm

"Let's start this I reply." I could tell she underestimated me, and I can't see why not, I didn't look very imposing. I charge at her, and just over 6 feet away, I swing my sword in an up slash, almost as if I was unsheathing it.
Back to top Go down
Elyse

PostSubject: Re: Sword-practice (open)   Sword-practice (open) I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 7:33 pm

She swung her sword up in a slash and I blocked it with my own, pushing it out of the way to open room for my own blade. I then thrust toward her chest with my own blade.

Back to top Go down
rulerguy6

rulerguy6

PostSubject: Re: Sword-practice (open)   Sword-practice (open) I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 8:39 pm

I jump back out of the way, and the blade just grazes my shirt. "You're fast." I say as a reply to her thrust. I proceed to bring my sword down in a high slash at her shoulder.
Back to top Go down
Elyse

PostSubject: Re: Sword-practice (open)   Sword-practice (open) I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 9:20 am

She brought her sword down again for another high slash at my shoulder so I blocked and pushed it out of the way. My sword was shorter than hers, and I remembered what my instructors had said: Get in close. I moved manuevered my body to get close enough to strike and I then thrust my sword in for another thrust.

Back to top Go down
rulerguy6

rulerguy6

PostSubject: Re: Sword-practice (open)   Sword-practice (open) I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 5:25 pm

Her thrust came in very close, so it was all I could do to swerve my body out of the way in time. This came out to my advantage though, becuase now I was next to her left side, a few inches away. I bring my knee up quickly in response.
Back to top Go down
Elyse

PostSubject: Re: Sword-practice (open)   Sword-practice (open) I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 5:46 pm

I was painfully kneed in the stomach and fell back. This girl was stronger than she looked in appearance. I thought quickly of what I could to in response as she advanced toward me. I got my sword ready to parry an attack. I then stayed where I was, waiting for this girl's next move.

Back to top Go down
rulerguy6

rulerguy6

PostSubject: Re: Sword-practice (open)   Sword-practice (open) I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 8:12 pm

She was lying on the ground, but her sword-arm looked tense, so I realised if I tried to slash, she'd block in a second, and maybe slash at me. To prevent that from happening, I make a quick, low sprint to her left, and sweep my sword out to her, so if she couldn't block in time, the cut would be very light.
Back to top Go down
Elyse

PostSubject: Re: Sword-practice (open)   Sword-practice (open) I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 8:24 pm

She advanced slowly, and suddenly sprinted to the left with a sweep of her sword. It grazed my left arm because I couldn't block, and resulted in a light cut that began to bleed. It was minor pain so I ignored it and focused on my next move. In a quick jump, I was standing up again. She was recovering from the sprint so I sprinted at her and thrust lightly at her chest.

Back to top Go down
rulerguy6

rulerguy6

PostSubject: Re: Sword-practice (open)   Sword-practice (open) I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 9:03 pm

I tried to jump to the side of the thrust, so I could repeat the move, but I was too slow, and was rewarded with a long, but light scratch on my arm. it bled a little bit, and the edge of my "Toad's pot factory -we don't do shrooms, that kills workers-" T-shirt got a little red. I still had to counter though, so I slam my sword down at the base of hers, and then bring my hitl up towards her chest.
Back to top Go down
Elyse

PostSubject: Re: Sword-practice (open)   Sword-practice (open) I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 8:51 am

I was pushed back by the impact of her sword and that helped me be out of range as she brought her sword up toward my chest. I ducked and charged in close, ending my charge with a swing of my sword toward her head. I made sure that the flat of my sword would hit, instead of the edge, just to hurt her head but not gash.

Back to top Go down
rulerguy6

rulerguy6

PostSubject: Re: Sword-practice (open)   Sword-practice (open) I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 9:56 am

I see her blade coming towards me, so I bend beckwards. kind of like the matrix, and her sword passes harmlessly over my head. I do another slash with the flat of my blade at her torso.
Back to top Go down
Elyse

PostSubject: Re: Sword-practice (open)   Sword-practice (open) I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 10:01 am

She bent backward and the blade passed harmlessly over her head. I had to jump back quickly as she slashed at my torso and as I jumped I lost my balance. I fell to the ground, losing all the air in my body. I struggle to breath, knowing she could pin me at any moment. I had to do something quick. I roll backwards and stand up, now several feet away from my opponent. Now what, I think, breathing with labor. This could go on for ages: slash and block, slash and block...I had to do something forceful. I thrust again, hoping that she would lock onto my sword.

Last edited by Elyse on Mon May 16, 2011 9:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
rulerguy6

rulerguy6

PostSubject: Re: Sword-practice (open)   Sword-practice (open) I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 12:13 pm

The battle would go in this pattern for a really long time probably. Neither one scoring a real blow, unless I could do something unexpected. This time, I block her slash, but instead of pushing it harmlessly away, I lock swords and push it towards her, creating a deadlock.
Back to top Go down
Elyse

PostSubject: Re: Sword-practice (open)   Sword-practice (open) I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 12:25 pm

"Good one," I comment lightly, because I'm out of breath, as my sword is caught in a deadlock. My mind is racing. No way I'm going to lose to this girl. I go through my choices. I am at a disadvantage because her sword is longer. I must disarm her somehow. If I back up she can push harder and step forward and there is always the possibility of losing my balance and falling backwards. It would take a lot of strength to push forward, strength I'm not sure I have. My arm is still bleeding and that muscle feels weak. I'd have to use my legs. Then it came to me. I'd have to abandon my sword and fight with my dagger. I use the pressure of our deadlock to flip over her. As I flip I let go of my sword and as I land pull out my dagger and put the point at her back.

Back to top Go down
rulerguy6

rulerguy6

PostSubject: Re: Sword-practice (open)   Sword-practice (open) I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 4:21 pm

"Ugh...... Good one." I manage to say. I feel a little pressure on my back and I know she has something pointy on my back. I had a plan to get out of this, but it might be a little painful. I sweep my leg under her, and she trips up, but while falling, the blade makes a light scratch up my back. I kick up from my prone condition, and feel blood falling down my back. I won't be able to last much longer, so I walk over, and point my sword at her. "This was my favourite shirt too." I say jokingly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sword-practice (open)   Sword-practice (open) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sword-practice (open)
Page 1 of 1