Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Combat System (Proposal for Battlefield as well)

Go down 
+3
maddie ☹
tethys
Katie Firebird
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Katie Firebird
Experienced Poster
Katie Firebird

Combat System (Proposal for Battlefield as well) Empty
PostSubject: Combat System (Proposal for Battlefield as well)   Combat System (Proposal for Battlefield as well) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 3:52 pm

So for those of you who are on my Hunger Games site, you've seen how the dice work and how the Health system works,

For those of you who DON'T know what I'm talkin 'bout keep reading!

On my site, there is a module called Dices Roll. Basically it allows you to randomize any choice you have to make, as you roll you can make it display an image.

For example,

Bob swings his sword at Bill wanting to rip him to pieces.

(Bob uses the following action: ROLL)

then an automated message replies with the result of the roll, If you want more of an example click Here!

There's another Module that lets you set up how many 'Points' {It can be renamed to something more stylish like Health} You want for that specific user. Or Even make Up to 7, therefore each character has 1 Bar of health.

How does this fit into the battlefield?

Well say the enemy army was given a certain amount of health. {Around 2000?} And you could value each monster killed at different health points. E.g. Cyclopes around 150, Enemy Demi-god about 100. The point being that the campers have to defeat the Army to advance the 'Story line' and make their defense.

Problems I've run into?

Since the Enemy army has a certain values for each monster, it might be necessary to have Users who WANT to play as the enemy. Thereby adding another side to the conflict, which could be fun for everyone! Admins can't be everywhere at once and they'd have to be the main people controlling or adversaries.

Dusk I know you know a bit about BBC code so you could be pretty helpful when designing this, any thoughts to add? (That goes for everyone.) I am open to critiques and reviews.
Back to top Go down
http://thehungergamesrp.forumotion.com
tethys
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: Combat System (Proposal for Battlefield as well)   Combat System (Proposal for Battlefield as well) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 4:05 pm

I would love to see the dice system on here, but I think the idea might be a bit complicated. Not everyone would edit the health bar to fit, and I think it would be kind of confusing. Maybe, it'll work out. Let's see what other people say. :]
Back to top Go down
maddie ☹
Grammar Police
maddie ☹

PostSubject: Re: Combat System (Proposal for Battlefield as well)   Combat System (Proposal for Battlefield as well) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 6:19 pm

I like the idea, but not really for this site. I'd recommend it for smaller sites (less than 100 members), and we allow younger people on here who may find it confusing. I think you mentioned it as an option, but how would that work on the battlefield if two people are fighting and one only uses the dice roll thing? The point idea might work, so people could, er, buy stuff from our like 'online shop', were we sell extra BTG or Titan kid spots or stuff like that? The point idea (drachmas?) might work, but I think that the dice idea won't be a big hit.
Back to top Go down
tethys
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: Combat System (Proposal for Battlefield as well)   Combat System (Proposal for Battlefield as well) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 6:24 pm

The point thing is a health bar. If one person uses the dice roll, then they deal however damage to the other person. Then the other person can't deal any damage to them, if they don't use it.
Back to top Go down
maddie ☹
Grammar Police
maddie ☹

PostSubject: Re: Combat System (Proposal for Battlefield as well)   Combat System (Proposal for Battlefield as well) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 6:58 pm

But that's unfair... right? If they don't wanna use it, their char gets injured?
Back to top Go down
Katie Firebird
Experienced Poster
Katie Firebird

PostSubject: Re: Combat System (Proposal for Battlefield as well)   Combat System (Proposal for Battlefield as well) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 6:59 pm

Not every battle has to be based on Dice, just it keeps the fairness open and there's no risk of Godmoding or Powerplaying
Back to top Go down
maddie ☹
Grammar Police
maddie ☹

PostSubject: Re: Combat System (Proposal for Battlefield as well)   Combat System (Proposal for Battlefield as well) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 7:13 pm

Still, people could just not use the dice during that, I don't think it's an automatic use. And you kinda can't make everyone use it if they aren't comfortable with it.
Back to top Go down
Katie Firebird
Experienced Poster
Katie Firebird

PostSubject: Re: Combat System (Proposal for Battlefield as well)   Combat System (Proposal for Battlefield as well) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 7:17 pm

Can you think of a logical reason someone would refuse to use the dice?
Back to top Go down
maddie ☹
Grammar Police
maddie ☹

PostSubject: Re: Combat System (Proposal for Battlefield as well)   Combat System (Proposal for Battlefield as well) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 7:23 pm

Because, don't you have to have options made for it? Unless it's like "Yes and it does hfsfhdasf points damage to fbdsalhfhk". Also, think of how many people actually would like to roleplay out there battle and not let Sirena automatically post how much damage they've done.
Back to top Go down
Inaniloquist
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Combat System (Proposal for Battlefield as well)   Combat System (Proposal for Battlefield as well) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 7:26 pm

I think it's an interesting idea, but it might not work. We have to consider that the dice has a randomized number setting, and that some characters are more experienced than others.
It's good to have a leveled playing field, but in some roleplay cases, I don't really think it could work. Still, it's a very interesting idea.
Back to top Go down
http://wonderlandacademy.forumotions.net/forum.htm
tethys
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: Combat System (Proposal for Battlefield as well)   Combat System (Proposal for Battlefield as well) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 3:16 pm

I think Inan has a good point. Some characters may have advantages or disadvantages, and with randomization it takes that away. :0
Back to top Go down
Banana
Banana

PostSubject: Re: Combat System (Proposal for Battlefield as well)   Combat System (Proposal for Battlefield as well) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 4:30 am

It doesn't work here(for me). Cause, it is the chioice of the user to kill his/her charrie on a time. We actually, can manipulate the game/ opponent. But we haven't got anyone out to kill us like the hunger games. But the idea of the die, like inan said, is nice.
Back to top Go down
#Megz
Experienced Poster
#Megz

Location : None of yo damn buisness....probably at a party though...

PostSubject: Re: Combat System (Proposal for Battlefield as well)   Combat System (Proposal for Battlefield as well) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 7:43 am

Just asking but when you say people who want to play the enemy do you mean enemy halfblods or monsters?
Back to top Go down
Katie Firebird
Experienced Poster
Katie Firebird

PostSubject: Re: Combat System (Proposal for Battlefield as well)   Combat System (Proposal for Battlefield as well) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 8:07 pm

Yess...
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: Combat System (Proposal for Battlefield as well)   Combat System (Proposal for Battlefield as well) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 5:24 pm

--I like the idea that the ENEMY side has damage, and after a certain amount of damage is done, we start to hit the retreating stage. Then, maybe, when more damage is done, they start to fully fled, and then, when the final damage is done, they are gone. But I'm not sure that the campers should have dice. It works in the Hunger Games because we need it.--
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Combat System (Proposal for Battlefield as well)   Combat System (Proposal for Battlefield as well) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Combat System (Proposal for Battlefield as well)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half Blood :: Community :: Suggestion Box-
Jump to: