Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

COMBAT (Summer)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Turtle

Turtle

COMBAT (Summer) Empty
PostSubject: COMBAT (Summer)   COMBAT (Summer) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 1:11 am

Henry stood facing off a dummy. He pulled a seed out of his pocket and threw it at the dummy. It struck the dummy in the chest. He snapped his fingers and the seed exploded into large vines, ensnaring the dummy and ripping it apart. He caused the vine to bear fruit, large squashes, which the fell from the vines and shriveled up, leaving seeds. He collected them, then turned. "Oh, hello."
Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

COMBAT (Summer) Empty
PostSubject: Re: COMBAT (Summer)   COMBAT (Summer) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 1:23 am

Crystal leaned against a practice pole and looked at the boy, about 2 years older than her, in front of her with barely concealed amusement. Demeter no doubt. What an... interesting way to destroy an dummy, she thought, doubting that it wouldn be useful in battle. After all, no enemy would stay still and let you grow a tree on you, would they? Well whether it works or not is none of my business. Then the boy turned and said, "Oh, hello."

"Hey," she replied still watching him, a slight polite smile on her face, betraying nothing whatsoever of her emotions inside.
Back to top Go down
http://shadow-charmer.deviantart.com/
Turtle

Turtle

COMBAT (Summer) Empty
PostSubject: Re: COMBAT (Summer)   COMBAT (Summer) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 1:28 am

Henry smiled. "Feel like sparring?" He pulled a seed into each hand. "Dummies are only so good for practice."
Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

COMBAT (Summer) Empty
PostSubject: Re: COMBAT (Summer)   COMBAT (Summer) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 1:38 am

She shrugged, "Why not? With weapons or just powers?"
Back to top Go down
Turtle

Turtle

COMBAT (Summer) Empty
PostSubject: Re: COMBAT (Summer)   COMBAT (Summer) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 1:41 am

Henry shrugged. "Both is good. I need to practice vines on a moving target." He assumed a combat stance. "Ready?"
Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

COMBAT (Summer) Empty
PostSubject: Re: COMBAT (Summer)   COMBAT (Summer) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 2:11 am

"When you are," Crystal replied, raising the thin bladed sword which she grasped in her right hand.
Back to top Go down
Turtle

Turtle

COMBAT (Summer) Empty
PostSubject: Re: COMBAT (Summer)   COMBAT (Summer) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 2:42 am

Henry grinned, and switched the Squash seeds in his hands for Ivy. He sprouted the nine seeds in his right hand, and within seconds they had grown to several yards and braided together, forming six thick cables. They lashed out at Crystal, whipping at high velocities.
Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

COMBAT (Summer) Empty
PostSubject: Re: COMBAT (Summer)   COMBAT (Summer) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 2:49 am

She ducked as the thick vines whipped over her head. With her sword, she slashed out sharply at two cords, the razor thin edge reinforced with magic making it easy to slice anything without damaging the blade. She then flicked her hand, frozen icicles the size of bullets seemingly formed out of thin air shot forward eagerly to intercept any more vines that got near.
Back to top Go down
Turtle

Turtle

COMBAT (Summer) Empty
PostSubject: Re: COMBAT (Summer)   COMBAT (Summer) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 2:59 am

Henry forced the vines to continue growing. He pushed one of the vines under the ground. It snaked around the Arena, seeding the ground as it travelled. Meanwhile, above ground, new vines continued to sprout and braid together, bringing the diameter of the cables to nearly a foot. Henry frowned as the ice bullets tore through the thinner vines. Dammit. He hadn't been anticipating a Khione kid. This put him at a tactical disadvantage, but he decide to stick with his same strategy. The sword would be a problem, so he refocused the plant's processes at a cellular level; increasing glucose production manyfold. He was sacrificing flexibility, yes, but if he increased the toughness and thickness of the cables, the sword should stick. Eventually. In theory. Theory's not good enough, Henry. Keeping watching.
Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

COMBAT (Summer) Empty
PostSubject: Re: COMBAT (Summer)   COMBAT (Summer) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 3:08 am

Crystal unsuccessfully attempted to suppress her smile at the action. I wonder how heavy its gonna get. But she also noted that if the vines get too thick she might need several hacks to break them. Then she remembered a weapon she never used on a fellow demigod.

Her ice dagger, laced with a deadly venom that would cause an instant death. Already it was legendary amongst her cabin and the ones surrounding it, when she tested it on creatures that invaded camp. It was a valuable and precious gift from her mother, and many were envious of it. Apparently the more evil or poisonous the creature the dagger wounded, the more fatal the weapon became. So it allowed her to kill a hellhound with just a tiny scratch.

She wouldn't use it on a fellow camper of course, but on plants, it was another thing.
Hmmm, I wonder how ivy reacts with poison.
Back to top Go down
Turtle

Turtle

COMBAT (Summer) Empty
PostSubject: Re: COMBAT (Summer)   COMBAT (Summer) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 3:55 am

Henry continued his vine onslaught. The cables were now a good 2.5 feet in diameter. "Good luck cutting through that!" Henry chided. He cause a vine from one of the seeds he had lain underground to erupt behind Crystal and sneak silently up to her ankles, ready to ensnare them on henry's command.
Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

COMBAT (Summer) Empty
PostSubject: Re: COMBAT (Summer)   COMBAT (Summer) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 4:08 am

Looking around, she assumed a panicked air, widening her eyes at the cords whipping around her. Her left hand closed round another smaller hilt. Crystal jabbed at one vine, letting her sword stuck halfway through.

"Crap," she said aloud, pulling halfheartedly on the hilt. She ignored the vine behind her, pretending not to notice. After all, you cannot win a battle without sacrifices,
She thought with grim determination.

((Hmmm, I think 2.5 feet is a little overdoing it right? After all, a thick log is probably only 2 feet))
Back to top Go down
Turtle

Turtle

COMBAT (Summer) Empty
PostSubject: Re: COMBAT (Summer)   COMBAT (Summer) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 4:20 am

((Yeah... I'm tired, that's my only excuse XD))

Henry narrowed his eyes. She wasn't even trying to get it out... He played along. "There goes that. Got any more tricks up your sleeves, or is that it?" He flourished his hands dramatically as he rose up several cables, starting with them behind his back. He didn't need to do that. In fact, he could control his vines without moving a muscle, but she didn't know that. It gave him the opportunity to palm a few saguaro seeds and scatter them as his hands reached the top of their arch. The seeds were tiny, the size of pin heads, and would be nigh unnoticeable, standing several feet away as he was. As soon as they hit the ground, he burrowed them in and used the tiny roots he made them put out to push them through the dirt towards Crystal.
Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

COMBAT (Summer) Empty
PostSubject: Re: COMBAT (Summer)   COMBAT (Summer) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 4:30 am

She hid a grin. She knew he noticed, but did not let him on on whether she was to continue or not. She had a sharper eye than most and noticed the flick of his hand and the scattering of something. Another plant? I wonder why they need satyrs if the Demeter campers could do more, she thought mockingly.

Crystal let him continue with him ploy, curious on what he would do next. She pulled out her sword effortlessly and then swung it behind to stop the previous crafty vines that crept up behind her. She dodged another one that whipped past her, and it only managed to scrape her ankle.
Back to top Go down
Turtle

Turtle

COMBAT (Summer) Empty
PostSubject: Re: COMBAT (Summer)   COMBAT (Summer) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 4:38 am

Henry could tell he was matched. He smiled. "S'nice to fight someone as observant as you. Most people are too easy to trick!" By then, he had fully grown several saguaro underground in a wide ring around Crystal. This next move would be tricky to pull off, but he needed to get creative. He separated a small segment from the rest of the cactus, and undulated the spines rapidly rocketing the spiky limb out of the ground. he repeated the process several more times, filling the air around Crystal with flying cacti. He couldn't control their course while they were in the air, but aiming was easier than he had expected. Doesn't matter how good you are with a sword, you can only parry so many things at once.
Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

COMBAT (Summer) Empty
PostSubject: Re: COMBAT (Summer)   COMBAT (Summer) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 4:59 am

"Then I am not 'most people'", She replied, staring him in the eye. Feeling something move under her feet, and well versed to this sort of trick, she made a move to step back, but at the same time allowing a transparent but thick layer of ice form on the soles of her shoes and creep downwards, instantly freezing everything it touched. She wasn't too late. Cacti shot upwards and she rolled aside to evade them. One scratched her on the arm. He was playing with her, she realised.

Then Crystal smirked. Obviously he underestimated her. And underestimating her was the worst mistake anyone could make. She then decided in turn to toy with him. Instead of freezing all the plants in one swipe of her hand, she made a move to attack, yet hold back. Flicking her sword in directions, she sent sharp projectiles of ice shards flying everywhere, that could slice through even metal. She wanted the battle to last as long as possible, but knew if she took out her last resort, it would end in probably a couple of minutes.
Back to top Go down
Turtle

Turtle

COMBAT (Summer) Empty
PostSubject: Re: COMBAT (Summer)   COMBAT (Summer) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 5:09 am

Henry smirked. Crystal's ice shrapnel worked well. Too well. Even as the cactus were shredded, he plumped the underground saguaros to a barrel-like thickness, blunted their spines, and forced them out of the ground in a tangled ring around Crystal, rising to over a story in height. They froze as they passed through Crystal's ice sheet and were lacerated by the flying ice, but this was what Henry wanted. Slowly at first, but rapidly gaining speed, an avalanche of frozen cactus rained down onto Crystal.
Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

COMBAT (Summer) Empty
PostSubject: Re: COMBAT (Summer)   COMBAT (Summer) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 7:53 am

Crystal looked at the falling plants then at his smirk and a bark of laughter escaped her. Do you think that I would actually be hit by anything frozen? Closing her hand into a fist, she stopped the plants in their path downwards and in an abrupt movement, sent them flying through the saguraos towards the son of Demeter. Then she drew her poison dagger and hacked through the plants around her, which by right should shrivel up at a mere touch of the deadly blade.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

COMBAT (Summer) Empty
PostSubject: Re: COMBAT (Summer)   COMBAT (Summer) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

COMBAT (Summer)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half Blood :: Miscellaneous :: Graveyard-
Jump to: