Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Target Practice

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lord Sheogorath

Lord Sheogorath

Target Practice Empty
PostSubject: Target Practice   Target Practice I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 11:53 pm

This is boring, I thought to myself.

I fired two more arrows. Bulls-eye, not impressed, that it to be expected..

"I want to practice on moving targets. Like how I was at Capture the Flag," I sighed

"I'm pretty sure I made a few people go blind that day."

I smiled, but they have no proof it was me that made them go blind.
Back to top Go down
http://campjustice.forumotion.com/
Skye
THE YODELMEISTER
THE YODELMEISTER
Skye

Target Practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Target Practice   Target Practice I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 12:08 am

Target Practice Bella10

b e l l a ][ a t h e n a ][ 1 5

I walked in the arena, seeing a boy around my age standing in front of a target. A few arrows were pinned to the bulls-eye. He didn't seem impressed with his work. I frowned, probably an Apollo kid. From a few feet away from the kid, I threw my dagger at the target. Seeing it hit the bulls-eye made me smile.

"Well hi there. I'm Bella," I said.
Back to top Go down
Lord Sheogorath

Lord Sheogorath

Target Practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Target Practice   Target Practice I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 12:15 am

"Hi," I greeted. "My name is Nathaniel Rhodes, but everyone calls me Nathan."

"Nice," I said, commenting on her bulls-eye.

Pretty impressive if you ask me. I'm not so good with throwing knives.
Back to top Go down
Skye
THE YODELMEISTER
THE YODELMEISTER
Skye

Target Practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Target Practice   Target Practice I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 12:30 am

"Thanks. Your shots aren't too bad either," I said as I retrieved my blade. I pulled my bow and quiver off of my back, and shot a few arrows at a target. I was making today a practice day. I had a feeling something bad was coming. And fast.
Back to top Go down
Lord Sheogorath

Lord Sheogorath

Target Practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Target Practice   Target Practice I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 12:39 am

"Thanks, but it doesn't hurt to keep my standards high," I replied. "It never hurts because you never know what could happen."

I fired three more arrows into the target.

"Like how I got hit with an explosion and fell from a tree." I said "I did not see that coming at all and my dad is the god of prophecies."
Back to top Go down
Skye
THE YODELMEISTER
THE YODELMEISTER
Skye

Target Practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Target Practice   Target Practice I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 12:53 am

"You've got a point," I replied. Now, I was going to try for speed. My new goal was to shoot five arrows in ten seconds or less. That's when I began. I loaded an arrow, and then shot, and repeated the process. I broke my record, by shooting the arrows in nine seconds. Smiling, I was filled with pride. "That's more like it," I said.
Back to top Go down
Lord Sheogorath

Lord Sheogorath

Target Practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Target Practice   Target Practice I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 1:19 pm

"Impressive," I said.

She's pretty good considering the fact she's not one of my siblings. From what I can tell she seems like a good person.

I loaded up another three arrows in my hand and fired at the target. Bulls-eyes. I repeated this process two more times until there were twelve arrows on the target. Bulls-eyes of course.

How long was that? Fifteen seconds? I have no idea.
Back to top Go down
Skye
THE YODELMEISTER
THE YODELMEISTER
Skye

Target Practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Target Practice   Target Practice I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 3:08 pm

"Thanks. Hey if you don't mind me asking, are you a son of Apollo?," I asked. I noticed he was good with a bow. I knew I was sort of okay, but his skill was Apollo-type-skill. Looking back at my target, I loaded another arrow. I shot it, and it hit the bulls-eye with that noise that I liked. Smirking, I slung my bow on my back.
Back to top Go down
Lord Sheogorath

Lord Sheogorath

Target Practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Target Practice   Target Practice I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 3:42 pm

"Yeah," I replied. "I inherited my dad's skill with a bow and arrow, and guitar playing skills"

"And apparently according to the opposing team during capture the flag, blinding people." I shrugged. "It's not like I blinded them permanently."

Or made him blind for a few days afterwards purposely. Right?

I took another three arrows from my quiver and fired a few more times.
Back to top Go down
Skye
THE YODELMEISTER
THE YODELMEISTER
Skye

Target Practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Target Practice   Target Practice I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 4:01 pm

"You sound so nonchalant. Like, Oh I might have blinded a few people. No big deal!," I said with a smile. I sat down on a bleacher, now rather bored. I had done my sword training, my dagger throwing, and I just finished archery. It was only like, mid afternoon. Smiling I had done everything I needed to do. What to do, what to do.
Back to top Go down
Lord Sheogorath

Lord Sheogorath

Target Practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Target Practice   Target Practice I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 4:14 pm

"Meh,"

I took out another three arrows and fired at the target. I'm going to be out of arrows soon. I took out my last three arrows and fired at the target.

"Now I'm bored and out of arrows," I shrugged.
Back to top Go down
Skye
THE YODELMEISTER
THE YODELMEISTER
Skye

Target Practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Target Practice   Target Practice I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 4:52 pm

I slid my quiver across the floor. It contained an infinite amount of arrows. "That's my friend Mia's quiver. You can use it if you want," I said. I laid back, and looked at the afternoon sky. It was clear, as the Camp Half Blood skies always were. I felt the cool breeze on my arms. Smiling at the weather.
Back to top Go down
Lord Sheogorath

Lord Sheogorath

Target Practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Target Practice   Target Practice I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 6:09 pm

"Thanks," I said.
I set my quiver down and picked up the new one. I put on the new quiver. Infinite arrow quiver huh? Now that is an awesome concept. I wondered where you'd get such a thing. Wonder if Dad would send me one for my birthday

I took one or two arrows from it and fired at the target. Bulls-eyes.
Back to top Go down
Skye
THE YODELMEISTER
THE YODELMEISTER
Skye

Target Practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Target Practice   Target Practice I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 7:53 pm

"No problem," I said. I was slightly day dreaming, looking at the clouds. What was I thinking about? Nothing much. Other than what hope my relationship with Devin has. I mean honestly. He had his "friend" Kat now. And heck, they had matching stuff on their necks! I almost laughed at that last one. I looked back at the guy, and admired his almost-perfect form when shooting the arrows. Mine was crap, but I made the bulls-eye anyway.
Back to top Go down
Lord Sheogorath

Lord Sheogorath

Target Practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Target Practice   Target Practice I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 8:08 pm

That was nice of her lending me this quiver you know. I should do something nice. Something nice.

As soon as that thought finished, I let another arrow fly, bulls-eye. I'm hardly even trying. Or completely concentrating for that matter.

Something nice. I continued to let more arrows fly into the target. Perfect shots. You know what would be awesome, if they had targets that moved around. They could always enchant them to do that, you know.
Back to top Go down
Skye
THE YODELMEISTER
THE YODELMEISTER
Skye

Target Practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Target Practice   Target Practice I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 8:55 pm

I admired his talent in the arrow-shooting. It was pretty good. No, strike that, it was perfect. I felt the wind it my face, and I sat up. I didn't realize how tired I was until now. I picked up a Gatorade I had smuggled into camp. I liked the orange kind, and hated the grape. Taking a small sip, I put it back in my back-pack. I sat back down on the bleachers, and looked around. The arena was empty, which was a BIG surprise.
Back to top Go down
Lord Sheogorath

Lord Sheogorath

Target Practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Target Practice   Target Practice I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 10:16 pm

"I still don't understand why this place is so empty," I said to myself. "This place is usually so full with people."

I took out some more arrows and fired away.

"They should enchant some of these targets to fly around and move."
Back to top Go down
Skye
THE YODELMEISTER
THE YODELMEISTER
Skye

Target Practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Target Practice   Target Practice I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 10:41 pm

"I've tried telling my Hecate friend that. She didn't really listen to me," I said. I slightly smiled. Finally someone wanted a challenge. I took another sip of Gatorade. I needed my electrolytes after being so active today. I put my hands behind my head, I looked back up at the sky.

Last edited by Skye on Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lord Sheogorath

Lord Sheogorath

Target Practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Target Practice   Target Practice I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 11:06 pm

"What good is practicing on a target that doesn't move?" I asked. "Real monsters don't stand still and let you fire on them with arrows. They will try to kill you and try to move out of the way."

"Why don't people listen to this logic?" I asked myself while firing another arrow.
Back to top Go down
Skye
THE YODELMEISTER
THE YODELMEISTER
Skye

Target Practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Target Practice   Target Practice I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 11:55 pm

"Thank you! Someone understands," I said. I sat back up, and played with my dagger in my hand. "But when I told her we needed moving targets she was getting ready for some date with a guy. She was distracted and stuff. I honestly don't see a point in relationships anymore," I said. I was frowning, because I didn't believe I just said that. Wow I sounded depressed.
Back to top Go down
Lord Sheogorath

Lord Sheogorath

Target Practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Target Practice   Target Practice I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 12:05 am

"Most people that are in relationships become fixated on it as if that's the only thing they can ever focus on," I said. "I don't understand,"

I fired a few more arrows at the target.

"It's okay to be in a relationship but you have to be able to focus on other things as well," I continued. "I mean fixation over one person isn't healthy."
Back to top Go down
Skye
THE YODELMEISTER
THE YODELMEISTER
Skye

Target Practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Target Practice   Target Practice I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 11:15 pm

"Agreed with you. I used to be in a relationship but I was smart enough to keep my head above water," I said. I looked up at the sky, thinking about my mom for once. Had she given me guidance? I felt the wind move my hair into my face. I left it there for a minute, and then pulled it back into a ponytail. I pulled my feet on the bleachers with me, and hugged my knees.
Back to top Go down
Lord Sheogorath

Lord Sheogorath

Target Practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Target Practice   Target Practice I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 11:34 pm

"I've never been in a relationship," I shrugged before firing a few more arrows at the target.

"I don't want to end up with some one whose going to be fixated on the relationship and be jealous when I talk to my siblings," I said.

I fired more arrows at the target before taking a short time to breathe. I then continue firing arrows at the target.
Back to top Go down
Skye
THE YODELMEISTER
THE YODELMEISTER
Skye

Target Practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Target Practice   Target Practice I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 2:25 am

You're not really missing out," I said. It was true. Relationships stunk most of the time. I threw my dagger at a target about nine feet away from me. It was about two inches off of the bulls-eye. I laughed, because it felt like I was playing darts. Interesting thought, I said to myself.
Back to top Go down
Lord Sheogorath

Lord Sheogorath

Target Practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Target Practice   Target Practice I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 10:21 am

"Probably not," I said. "There's probably not that much to miss anyway."

Sure, there was that one dance we had a few months back, but that seems a little out of place for here. We're not exactly normal at this camp. Normal for us means monster fighting and training, not dances and proms.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Target Practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Target Practice   Target Practice I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Target Practice
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next