Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

maintaining peace and quiet

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
shim.shady

maintaining peace and quiet Empty
PostSubject: maintaining peace and quiet   maintaining peace and quiet I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 10:18 am

The Cabin of Athena was truly beautiful. It wasn't anything fancy or flashy, just simple drapes on the walls in a pure looking white color. Tara instantly fell in love with the cabin, and so far, this was the best part of her day. Tara never really liked fancy brand name furniture’s anyways. Tara vaguely wondered if all cabins were as pretty as the cabin of Athena, but then quickly decided against it. Nothing could be better than this, Tara thought to herself. One side of the wall was completely filled with paper full of small writing and complicated drawings, scribbles all over the place. It was a strangely comforting sight, and made the room look more inviting. It showed that people actually lived here, and that it wasn't just here for decorating purposes. The room was completely empty, for now. That probably added to the sense of the calamity and coziness. A room full of teenagers would be anything but peaceful and calm. Tara found herself wishing that she had this room all to herself. If alone, she could maintain all this peace and quiet all the time.
Just as she had that thought, Tara heard footsteps approaching her. Tara turned around, hoping that she didn't look too scared or worried.
Back to top Go down
BlackWolf-03
Experienced Poster
BlackWolf-03

PostSubject: Re: maintaining peace and quiet   maintaining peace and quiet I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 2:13 pm

I slightly laughed as Truler started to chase Kaitlyn around the cabin courtyard. "Well, I'll to you guys later!" I called out as walking onto the porch of the Athena cabin. I slowly opened the door with a sigh. I grabbed my glasses out and gently put them on my head. I carefully jerked back as I saw a newcomer I think. "Hi! Are you new or something?" I asked as tilting my head a little. I slowly walked over to my bunk and grabbed my miniature laptop. "I'm Katro Ville, daughter of Athena. Pleasure to meet you.." I said looking up from my laptop.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
shim.shady

PostSubject: Re: maintaining peace and quiet   maintaining peace and quiet I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 8:03 pm

"Uh--yeah," Tara replied to the girl, cursing herself for stuttering a bit. She cleared her throat, and decided to start over again. Hopefuly the girl wouldn't think her as much of a wimp. "Yeah, I'm new. My name's Tara. Tara Wood."
Tara was a bit taken aback as the girl picked up a laptop. It was strange to see such modern technology in this sort of background. So far, everything Tara had seen on her way to this Cabin was medival-fashioned. Except for the blueprints scattered all over the Cabin walls, of course.
Tara wanted to make a good impression, especially on this girl, since Tara had a feeling she would be able to help her out. Tara had a feeling she would be needing a whole lot of that help.
Back to top Go down
BlackWolf-03
Experienced Poster
BlackWolf-03

PostSubject: Re: maintaining peace and quiet   maintaining peace and quiet I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 9:50 pm

"Well, pleasure to meet you Tara Wood." I said with a smile. "Are you a daughter of Athena or are you just visiting a friend?" I asked as jumping onto my bunk. I quickly looked down at my laptop and started to type. "Name is Tara Wood, and 15 years old..." I quietly muttered to myself. After a few quiet seconds I looked up to Tara. "Sorry, I just like to put most of the campers here. So, I'm just putting a few characteristics of you.." I quietly said slowly looking back down at my laptop. "You like camp so far?" I asked with a slight raised eyebrow.
Back to top Go down
shim.shady

PostSubject: Re: maintaining peace and quiet   maintaining peace and quiet I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 10:20 pm

"Daughter of Athena," Tara said. However, she couldn't resist adding an "Apparently," under her breath. She didn't want to seem pessimistic, but this really seemed doubtful. Tara never in her life had ever gotten into a physical fight, and she was the daughter of a war goddess?!
"Um, that's cool I guess," Tara said a bit doubtfully, as the girl recorded her information into that laptop she had seen earlier.
"I guess it's okay," Tara said half-heartedly. "I haven't really seen much of it yet. But I really love the Cabin."
This part was true. Tara might not exactly believe in the idea that she actually belonged here, but she couldn't help falling in love with the Cabin all over again, every time she got a closer look or noticed a detail she hadn't seen before. Perhaps it would be worth to just stay put, just to live in this Cabin, Tara thought to herself, only half-joking.
Back to top Go down
BlackWolf-03
Experienced Poster
BlackWolf-03

PostSubject: Re: maintaining peace and quiet   maintaining peace and quiet I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 12:04 am

"Great! I like it how your starting to like camp now. Yeah I know. Our cabin is pretty amazing." I said with a smile. I wondered my eyes somewhere off into the cabin light. "You made any cool friends yet?" I asked as shutting my laptop. I gently layed it down on my bunk and jumped off to the wooden floor below me. "Well, I'm heading out somewhere around the camp. You wanna join me for a tour?" I asked as slowly walking towards the cabin door.
Back to top Go down
SineLanguage

SineLanguage

PostSubject: Re: maintaining peace and quiet   maintaining peace and quiet I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 6:02 am

Riley, sitting cross-legged on his bunk, ignored most of the introduction and decided to tinker more on his laptop. He had three games open, and was trying to balance all of them; Go, Chess, and some tactical game online. He figured that balancing three completely different tactical games would give him some more insight to the chaos of battle without going into battle. He thought it was a very clever plan, but he also thought that anyone on the online game was a cheater; that had to be the reason why he couldn't win.

"It's impossible to have that many Brave Weapons without using haxs," Riley grumbled, snapping the laptop closed. His full attention, now, diverted to the two girls' conversation. After hearing a couple snippets about the cabin and an invitation to go outside, he quickly and rudely quipped before the duo could leave the cabin, "Well, since you've been claimed, it's only natural for a child of Athena to think of the place as aesthetically pleasing. We are practically programmed to like it. However, unless you're into chopping heads of or actually battling, the rest of the camp won't be as appealing as the cabin."

Without heeding a reply to his jarring snark, he moved on, "Well, Tara Wood, new sibling, I'm Riley Pierce. Statistically speaking, you'll probably not like me within a week and ignore me in a month. Unless you need a battle plan, that is."
Back to top Go down
BlackWolf-03
Experienced Poster
BlackWolf-03

PostSubject: Re: maintaining peace and quiet   maintaining peace and quiet I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 11:33 am

I rolled my eyes slightly as Riley started to talk. "Not all the camp is a death zone you know..." I muttered. I sighed and just leaned against one of my brother's wooden bed frame. "What have you been doing Riley?" I asked as raising an eyebrow. I usually see my half-brother always carrying his laptop mostly, or scanning the battle arena sometimes. He is of course, the all time Athena child you would expect.
Back to top Go down
shim.shady

PostSubject: Re: maintaining peace and quiet   maintaining peace and quiet I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 2:15 pm

Tara smiled at the girl, grateful for her offer of a tour. "I would love that," Tara said, really sincere. She was just about to answer the girl, saying that no, she did not make any friends yet. She had met this boy at the entrance, but he didn't count. Not really.
Anyways. Just as Tara was about to answer the girl, a boy that Tara hadn't seen earlier suddenly decided to join their conversation. He immediatly reminded her of one of the nerds at her old school. She was a bit shocked at the way that the boy called her his "sister." They didn't even know each other yet--but maybe that's just how this camp rolls.
Even so, Tara had a feeling that the boy's caculations were right--or perhaps not. Maybe this boy was actually one of the normal people at this camp. Tara snorted at the thought.
Everyone kept on talking about cutting people's heads off and the violance of the camp--it did nothing to calm Tara's nerves.
"Um," Tara said uncertaintly. "Well that's...nice," she said to the boy, realizing she still didn't answer him after all those thoughts to herself.
Back to top Go down
SineLanguage

SineLanguage

PostSubject: Re: maintaining peace and quiet   maintaining peace and quiet I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 3:42 pm

Glancing at Katro, he started, "Just now? Just now I was playing strategic games online, but that was only for an hour or so. I've actually been working on magically enhancing some inventions of da Vinci, they're working out nicely. Had a couple commissioned by the Hephaestus cabin. They, well the inventions, are pretty nifty, most are-" He finally noticed that he was rambling again; he didn't normally talk to many people, so he talked the same way he thought: quickly and randomly.

After a brief pause, "Oh, and Tara, make sure not to touch anything on or under my bed," he pointed beneath his bunk, "I have some weapons that may spring up and kill you since they're only proto-types. Just a warning." He gave what he thought was a smile but what looked like a smirk.
Back to top Go down
shim.shady

PostSubject: Re: maintaining peace and quiet   maintaining peace and quiet I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 7:01 pm

Tara stared at the boy as he rambled on about some nonsense about magic and inventions. It probably wasn't nonsense to him or perhaps to the other girl, but to Tara it certainly was.

Tara jumped as the boy directly spoke to her. She winced as the boy gave her a warning and an oh-so reassuring smile. Or was that a smirk? Tara knew she shouldn't be, but she could feel irratation coursing through her. "Yeah, thanks," Tara said sarcastically, resisting the urge to roll her eyes. "'Cuz I was definitely planning on going through all your stuff and looking under your bed to look for monsters."
Back to top Go down
SineLanguage

SineLanguage

PostSubject: Re: maintaining peace and quiet   maintaining peace and quiet I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 1:46 am

Riley's smirk only grew at Tara's sarcastic comments; while he wasn't akin to normal conversations with people, an edgy, insulting battle of wits was perfect for him. "Eh, you never know with children of Athena and their curiousness. It's what I would do. But, I suppose I shouldn't use myself as a guide, as most Athenians can fight in battle and I can't."

Shrugging, he diverted his attention away from the duo and back to his computer. "If you're going out to some place with monsters, I might be interested in tagging along, just to test out a weapon or two." He tried not to admit that he wanted to see how competent this newbie was, so he added, "And to annoy you, of course."
Back to top Go down
Lord Blazy

Lord Blazy

PostSubject: Re: maintaining peace and quiet   maintaining peace and quiet I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 8:34 pm

I walked up to the cabin that i was supposed to call home,"What is this?" I said,annoyed by how the exterior was plain. I opened the door and looked around the room,my hand jutted to my pen."This place is amazing!" he exclaimed, "A desk area for laptops! A table for strategies? Oh man!" I said,my Irish accent fusing into my words
Back to top Go down
BlackWolf-03
Experienced Poster
BlackWolf-03

PostSubject: Re: maintaining peace and quiet   maintaining peace and quiet I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 9:24 pm

I sighed as the two of them kept on talking and talking. I watched as yet another camper walked into the cabin and started to admire of what he was seeing. "Yes, and I think you'll quite like it here." I said as looking at the new teenage boy. "Well, I'm Katro Ville, daughter of Athena." I said as smiling. I leaned back against the door frame and looked at my wrist watch. "Oh my goodness. I'm so sorry Tara, but I have to go now. I have something I need to do with some friends of mine." I said as rushing out of the door. "I'll see you guys when I get back!" I yelled waving a hand.
Back to top Go down
Lord Blazy

Lord Blazy

PostSubject: Re: maintaining peace and quiet   maintaining peace and quiet I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 9:33 pm

I yelled back "I'M JACOB BRISK!" as she ran off,i went to an empty bunk and put 2 suitcases below the bunk.I went over to the desk and pulled out my laptop. "let's see what i can do with this" I smiled and pushed up my glasses and soon after cracked my knuckles "Tactician time"
Back to top Go down
shim.shady

PostSubject: Re: maintaining peace and quiet   maintaining peace and quiet I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 10:16 pm

Tara glared at the boy called Riley, but chose to ignore him when her words were seemingly unaffecting him. "Actually, I'm feeling a bit tired for a tour," Tara said cooly, but she meant it. After such a day, who wouldn't be?
Tara jumped a little as another boy joined their little group, him too, marveling at the Cabin.
Tara nodded politely to Katro, and smiled genuinly towards her. She was actually one of the nicest people she had seen at camp so far. Tara couldn't help hoping that she would see more of Katro in the future.
The other boy who had joined them last yelled his name as Katro ran off, and immediatly turned to his stuff again. Tara raised her eyebrows in disbelief, hoping that not all Children of Athena were mad geniouses of a sort.
Back to top Go down
Lord Blazy

Lord Blazy

PostSubject: Re: maintaining peace and quiet   maintaining peace and quiet I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 10:21 pm

Jacob glanced over his shoulder at the girl "Daughter of Athena im guessing? Care to help me with some battle plans?" He asked politely
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: maintaining peace and quiet   maintaining peace and quiet I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

maintaining peace and quiet
Page 1 of 1