Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

[Private] A Visit To Ma

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

[Private] A Visit To Ma - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Private] A Visit To Ma   [Private] A Visit To Ma - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 10:36 pm

There was a tinge of bitterness in Fletcher's voice, Aria noticed. She had crossed a line. Sighing regretfully as she boarded the train after him, she managed a quick "Sorry about that. It was stupid, I won't talk like that again." before taking an empty row three spaces behind his. Why was it that her mouth always ran before her train her thought whenever she was in a talkative mood? Honestly, she didn't mean to make it sound like she despised all those girls- well, it did end up like that- all she wanted was to strike up a conversation about interests or any conversation at all.

She tapped the windowsill thrice and placed her duffel bag underneath the surprisingly comfortable chair. Best give him some space to think of ways on how to ditch her. If she did anything else disappointing, she figured she'd save Fletcher's trouble and walk back. That was an amusing thought. A day-long walk going back to camp was idiotic, like the statement she'd said about his ladies. Saying that wasn't appropriate as a child of Athena. Not at all. What would her father think about her now? His careful daughter talking like some overly confident brat...

Suppressing the urge to pinch herself or physically hurt herself for being a stupid hag, she shut her eyes and not-so-carefully half slammed and half lay it against the head cushion. What was going on with her?

Was she feeling insecure?

No, she knew better than to be jealous. It was stupid. Maybe it's because she thinks way too stereotypically. Either way, she had crossed a line because she was stupid. At that moment, Aria resolved to never speak to him about his girls again- lest he spoke about them.

Maybe she shouldn't have gone, after all. Maybe Fletcher should've gone with someone more important; someone like Alyn.

((S'okay. Mehn, fail post. Sorry.))
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [Private] A Visit To Ma   [Private] A Visit To Ma - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 9:01 am

(( It's alright, mine isn't that great either. xD ))

Sighing when Aria sat down relatively far away from himself, Fletcher sighed and was about to slide out and make his way over to her when another asked if she could sit there. "Oh, er, sure." He managed, distracted when another guy waltzed up to Aria and asked her the same thing. It was rather suspicious, but of course Fletcher couldn't pick up on something like that. Turning his eyes back to the girl who had now made herself comfortable on the seat right next to him, Fletcher swallowed and looked out the window.

Damn, she was beautiful. He should be wary because she was, but Fletcher had always had some weakness for pretty women. Well, not exactly a weakness, he just let his guard down after a while with them. As soon as they started acting suspiciously, he laid the lies on thick and and he laid them on quick. Sure, he wasn't as paranoid of them in the beginning, but he liked to think he made up for it later on.

(( How'd you feel about them running into some enemy demigods rather than some monsters? ;D ))
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [Private] A Visit To Ma   [Private] A Visit To Ma - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 1:14 pm

Aria laid a cautious yet uninterested- looking gaze at the heavily muscled figure who sat on the seat beside her without a single sound. He seemed to be easily five inches taller than she, and probably twice the muscle size. Was it unusual to have an extremely fit, eighteen-year-old looking guy randomly sit beside you in a train headed for Atlantic City? Or was it just his way of flirting? Too bad, lousy tactics never work on Aria. Deciding to put away whatever happened to her and Fletcher, she focused all her attention on all this big guy's movements. From what she could see from her peripheral vision, he sat on the edge of his seat; he looked awkward and rather expectant. If he was an enemy, he'd attack any time and Aria had the disadvantage due to size and position. He could pin her to the wall if he had any sharp weapons-

"Hey," a coarse greeting from the stranger interrupted her suspicious and plotting mind. "Where you from?" he put his hands together in a soft clap, then ran both through his hair. "I'm here to visit my aunt in the city," Aria said, faking an uncomfortable fidget. The art of deception was fun, she'd make him think she was weak and attack when she found it appropriate (that is, if he showed any signs of violent advances). "Sorry, there're no other seats. So I took the liberty of just sittin' here. Man, my feet hurt." she had to admit, his accent was funny. It was a mixture of southern, jersey, and english. Weird. "It's completely alright, I don't mind company." the giggle she followed it up with was undeniably over exaggerated. She was so close to just face palming herself. The stranger raised a brow and gave her a smirk, showing his white grin. "What's your name, lil' darlin'?" his arm inched toward hers, but Aria recoiled imperceptibly. "Meredith. I really like it."

'I really like it.'? What kind of comment was that? Trying not to drop character, she returned his smirk and bit her lips. Gods, would he just attack already if he was planning to? "Yeah. It's beautiful... like you." he flashed another one of those brilliant smiles. Aria did well not to roll her eyes and start laughing. She shot a quick glance at Fletcher, looks like he was busy too. This was more than coincidental. "What about your name? I still haven't gotten it.". Her hand flew to her right leg, she pretended to scratch a patch of skin under her pants- that way, the dagger in her right boot would be accessible. "Name's Bruce. Ya got allergies?" he pointed a crooked finger at her leg. "No, nothing to worry about." she giggled again, this time a bit nervously. The girl beside Fletcher was too familiar. She had seen her once in one of the battles, and she wasn't fighting for camp that time.

Seeing Aria's moment of suspicion, 'Bruce' took the chance to aim a well-intentioned blow on the side of her head. He had been sent here with his partner to take any of Chiron's campers for hostage. However, Aria was just as quick: She caught the blow with her left hand the grappling began.

They were both of equal skill, Aria had the advantage of agility, while Bruce had the advantage of power. It was weird watching two people punching in their seats, but then the weapons came out and daggers clashed. The gods know what the mortals perceived through The Mist. Just as she anticipated, he pinned her to the wall. Aria struggled briefly but managed to get one arm free, she nailed him at the jaw. Bruce flinched then Aria, seeing an opportunity, punched him right in the middle of his chest. He fell to the ground, but as Aria grabbed her duffel and tried to make a run for Fletcher- who she couldn't see very clearly now- Bruce grabbed her leg and pulled her down. The momentum of his pull was too strong; to Aria's dismay she landed face first on the ground but managed to get back up before he recovered and tried to slice the living hell out of her. This time, she hit his face with her knee as he tried to get up... blood spurted from his nose.

"Be careful who you deal with next time. I suggest you switch sides if you don't want your pretty little face injured again." she commented before slicing one of his hands off. It was cruel, but necessary.

Without a glance back, she re-slung her duffel and made haste to Fletcher.

OOC: Lol, fail.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [Private] A Visit To Ma   [Private] A Visit To Ma - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 5:34 pm

"Hi there, my name's Lydia." He was shaken out of his thoughts and he grinned at the girl who had spoken. Yeah, she looked nice but her voice was rather girlish. It was kind of cute though, so he didn't really mind listening to it. There was a possibility that she was younger than she looked though. She extended a hand to him and he took it, shaking it firmly before taking his hand back. "Nice to meet you, Lydia. I'm Fletcher." He said, no need to lie about his name there wasn't anything really distinguishing about it and he hadn't even given his last name.

"So, where you headed for?" She asked, running a hand through her hair. "Wharton." He replied, lying easily and smiling when she didn't seem to see through it. "Oh, really? That's pretty cool, I'm headed there myself." She said, smiling back at him. Oh gods, what now?

"Really now? Whereabouts in Wharton are you staying then? Maybe I can drop by." Well played, well played. He thought to himself, grinning when she hesitated, smile flickering for a moment. "O-oh, you know I can't tell you that. We just met!" She responded, stumbling only once at the beginning of the sentence. Fletcher knew another liar when he saw one and it was terribly easy to detect when they were so much less talented at lying than he was. "Oh, you don't trust me now, sweet cheeks?" He asked, smiling at her. She stammered for a little bit and he couldn't help but smirk. He had to admit, it was the most adorable thing he had ever seen.

He continued to tease her for a little bit until a fight broke out, taking both of their attention. Craning his neck to pinpoint the punks who had started it, Fletcher was surprised to see that Aria had began to fight with a man who was much larger than him. He should have punched himself for letting his guard down so easily, but he could see Lydia out of the corner of his eye and she was just as glued to her place as he was hit. Looking at her like that, mouth held ajar, crystal blue eyes wide and innocent, Fletcher realized that she really wasn't a threat. She was probably an enemy, but he knew that she wouldn't have it in her to take him down if it ever called for something like that.

She was too pure. He acknowledged that, he respected that. He probably couldn't bring himself to harm her if the situation ever called for that either. It had been a mistake on Kronos' army's part (he had long ago assumed that she was an enemy demigod, probably a daughter of Aphrodite) to dispatch a girl like Lydia. They should have known better than to expect her to kill and dispose of someone. He had talked to her for little under five minutes and he already knew that.

She and he watched as Aria and her opponent struggled and wrestled, watched as she cut his hand off. "Wade." Lydia called, letting out a strangled call as she raised her hands to her mouth. Fletcher took this moment to whip out his knife and point it at her, threatening but his threat held no heat. "I'll let you live. You can go to Wade, as long as he and you leave my pal and I alone. I won't hesitate to kill you next time." He said, keeping his knife pointed at her until she nodded her head slightly and lowering his blade just a little bit. It had been an empty threat, but she would never know that. She scrambled off the seat and ran to her friend, swinging her bag down and immediately breaking out a first-aid kit.

Fletcher clenched his jaw and made an irritated movement before swinging down his rucksack and moving towards Aria. The people in their compartment were shocked and no doubt one step away from calling for help. Aria had just sliced off a guy's hand for gods' sake, and he had just threatened a girl with a knife. "Come on." He said gently, clutching Aria's hand and moving on to another compartment of the train. Sitting down, in the nearest empty spot, he smiled at her. "Nice job there. Hopefully, they won't bother us again."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Private] A Visit To Ma   [Private] A Visit To Ma - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Private] A Visit To Ma
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2