Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

A Titleless Story

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
tethys
Experienced Poster

A Titleless Story Empty
PostSubject: A Titleless Story   A Titleless Story I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 8:35 pm

Prologue

Every human is a person. Every person is a human. We’re not aliens, or animals. Anyways, that’s what you think, probably. And you can believe that to be true. Ignore my tale, you claim is fiction. I’m telling you too much, but I think the world should know. I’d love to tell you my adventures. Believe me, or don’t.

1>

“Cody? Is there a problem?”

It didn’t look good. I stood in the hallway, with James lying on the floor. Of course, I was oblivious of what could have happened. I was just striding through the halls, on the way to history class, when James came along and tripped me. Then, all of a sudden, he was the one on the floor, bleeding to death.

“I don’t know what happened!” I replied. I’m not big with lies,so I wasn’t going to make up some excuse. I was consumed by fear, and a lot of confusion. I had a feeling I did this, but that was impossible.

You see, this has happened a few times recently. One second someone does something I didn’t like. Instead of getting mad, I just sort of blank out, and the other person has either vanished, is hurt, or someone’s there telling me I’m in trouble. It’s usually a few scratches, but these injuries have gotten worse lately. One time, I woke up to a classmate with a few fresh and pretty painful looking scars across his face.

Mrs. Kohl, who was my sub for math, eyed me in that I-can-tell-your-lying kind of way.

“I’d like you to go to the office,” she said, finally.

I grabbed all my stuff, which ended up on the floor, and scurried to the office.

The principal, Mr. Lockney, was used to seeing me. I wasn’t a troublemaker, but of course I was labeled one when some kid I got mad at was lying on the floor, unconscious.

Mrs. Kohl spoke with the principal in a hushed tone. I would be suspended or just have a few days of detention, if I’m lucky enough. But that wasn’t the case.

“I’m afraid we must expel you from the school,”

It was as simple as that. They did blame me, and I had nothing I could do about it. I felt weak, and powerless.

“Leave,” was simply said by the principal.

“Back to class?”

“You’re expelled. Leave.”

They expected me to just go home in the middle of class? I didn’t have a cell phone, so I couldn’t call my mom to pick me up. My silent footsteps echoed through my now-former school’s hallways. This weird pain that people around me are given is enough, but now their blaming me for it. Actually, it sounded pretty reasonable. I was the only one there. Now they kick me out of school, and worse they want me to just walk all the way home. When the school’s doors slammed behind me, it sounded final. I would never be back.

I didn’t know how to tell my parents about this. They knew about all this weirdness, and they seemed to be hiding something. Whatever the reason, they thought I was some sort of freak, and when I got home from school each day, they went to work. It’s like I’m some nightmare they don’t want to face.

Thank gosh it wasn’t a rainy day. Although the sun shone brightly, icy winds still lashed at my face. I probably can’t go back to my locker to get my jacket. All my schoolwork was there, too. What about today’s math homework? Or that project that I needed to do? It was due tomorrow, if I were still part of school.

When this, I don’t know what to call it, thing happens, it’s like sleeping. You feel like you were dreaming, but it’s all fragments. You can vaguely remember a person, or a location, but in seconds everything is lost.

This was the first time it had any vividness, even though it was still vague. It happened right as I started walking away from the school. An odd dreamlike blackness settled over me. Then I ran. I could feel wind on my back as I shot away faster than I should have been able to. I knew my destination. Something seemed different about this running, but before I could grasp what it was, it faded away.

When I was conscious, I could immediately tell my location. I was at the local park, where I got dropped off from the bus after school. There were a lot of complications, and the bus company was just making it harder, so in the end it was agreed to have the bus driver to let me off the bus here. It was just a big field, with a cluster of trees on one end, and a small playground on the other. I was sitting under the shade of a tree, like I do frequently. I’m usually here for a few hours. I just think things through, and occasionally go on the playground. There were mostly toddlers, since the elementary school ended later. They usually stared at me, probably thinking, why is there a big kid on the playground? Sometimes, they grabbed at my leg or walked up to me, and asked me to play. I usually just strode off awkwardly when that happened.

The first emotion, besides simple recognition of where I was, was confusion. From the school, it took 15 to 20 minutes to get here. Plus, that’s by car. It should have taken an hour or a little less to get here, plus, I don’t remember going here.

I looked around, expecting to see someone who brought me here. It was completely absurd to just be at school, and all of a sudden right here at the park. I glanced throughout the fields, but clearly no one was interested in me. My next idea was different. Did that weird dreamlike blackness bring me here? First, it tries to kill a bunch of kids, then its teleporting me? I was more reluctant to believe that; much more reluctant.

But I knew it was possible. This time, I knew there was that feeling of running. I was running somewhere; zooming across the Earth. Could that be how I ended up here? All I had were pieces of a puzzle, but it was like none of them fitted; all from different parts of the picture. But they were all connected somehow; in a way I don’t know until I found the rest of the pieces.

I checked my wristwatch, and found it to be 1:32. School didn’t end for an hour or so, so it would be best to just hang out here for a while. I wouldn’t expect my parents to notice. The playground seemed unusually peaceful. There were still a few kids, curiously crawling through brightly painted tubes, and going down plastic slides.

Chapter 1 is incomplete.
(Go down to my other post, and answer my question. Thanks!)

Last edited by Alouεttε on Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
#Megz
Experienced Poster
#Megz

Location : None of yo damn buisness....probably at a party though...

A Titleless Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Titleless Story   A Titleless Story I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 8:57 pm

that was pretty good.I like how you can balance explaining your point and actually having your charachter do something.Some people just go on and on in stories or just make it purely action.You have found the balance.Kudos to you.
Back to top Go down
tethys
Experienced Poster

A Titleless Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Titleless Story   A Titleless Story I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 3:32 pm

I wasn't planning this, but I just realized it wouldn't be that hard to make this into a Percy Jackson fanfiction. I was planning on an original story, but I want to know what you guys think. :]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A Titleless Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Titleless Story   A Titleless Story I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Titleless Story
Page 1 of 1