Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Shadows Galore [Private]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dan
Secret Chinchilla Ninja
Secret Chinchilla Ninja

Shadows Galore [Private] Empty
PostSubject: Shadows Galore [Private]   Shadows Galore [Private] I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 12:57 pm

I sat in the dark shadow of a tree, twiddling my thumbs as my dark eyes flitted across the landscape. All I saw were barren, dead trees. Not that I wasn't a fan of it, but it definitely wasn't lively. Due to the utmost boredom rising up in me, I decided to have some fun randomly shadow-traveling - hopefully this time I wouldn't pass out when I did it. At least it would brighten up this gloom.

I got up, groaning, tossing a small pebble in my hand. Well, here goes nothing. I spun on my heel, and envisioned the shadow cast by the dead tree just across from where I was now. I felt a sort of whoosh sensation, and opened my eyes. Oh hallelujah, it worked. Not as fun as I thought it would be, plus I had lost my pebble. Darn it. The strange things we could be entertained by... but that's not important right now. Suddenly I felt extremely drowsy, as if I had all of the air knocked out of me. I sat down and rubbed my temples, annoyed that whenever I shadow-traveled I got elevated levels of tiredness after.

Boredom struck me again after a while, and though I could vaguely hear the crack of fallen branches getting nearer, I picked up another random stone, and chucked it at the opposite tree's shadow.

Yes, I'll take stupid actions you can do with a pebble for $500 please. The pebble somehow had caught some of my shadow-traveling power--or whatever people call it these days--and managed to shadow travel right back to where I was standing, and clock me in the head. Ow.

I finally saw the demigod whose footsteps I had been hearing. I eyed her suspiciously; though she was probably just wondering who grunted from nowhere. I stepped out of the shadows reluctantly.

"Hi... might I ask why you want to be in the Forest right now? Can't you see I'm busy being stupid and chucking rocks and shadows only to get knocked in the head by them?" I asked. Wow... that seemed a lot more sarcastic in my head. In reality however, I sounded quite stupid. Oh joy, oh rapture.

Last edited by Dan on Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:22 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Katie Firebird
Experienced Poster
Katie Firebird

PostSubject: Re: Shadows Galore [Private]   Shadows Galore [Private] I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 1:02 pm

I didn't usually walk through this part of the woods. Only on occasion when I wasn't sneakily passing spies information about camp. Sensing a presence ahead I stopped. I didn't dare peek around the tree. The only people I knew came to these parts of the wood didn't go alone so It was a safe bet to assume it was a monster.

I took one of my knives from my belt gripping the bladed portion ready to step out and throw at the slightest invitation. "Erebus help me." I whispered quietly. Oh Right! I almost forgot about my cap. I turned it backwards turning semi transparent. Crud I had meant to fix it. Now I couldn't turn invisible.
Back to top Go down
http://thehungergamesrp.forumotion.com
Dan
Secret Chinchilla Ninja
Secret Chinchilla Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Shadows Galore [Private]   Shadows Galore [Private] I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 10:16 am

"Don't even think about using that blade against me." I told her. "I'm just a demigod, no monster. Except even if I was I doubt you would live because your hat fails miserably." I told her with no emotion in my face. "Anyway... I suppose I have to tell you my name. I'm Adrian. You don't have to know my last name, because it sucks." I grimaced. My dad could not have picked a worse last named woman. Survival? Ugh. Completely and totally ironic. And while I'm a fan of irony at some points, my last name was definitely not one of those points.

"And yeah, Erebus?" I called, now looking up at the sky. "Delay that order. I'm not a monster." Then I brought my attention back to her.

Last edited by Dan on Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Katie Firebird
Experienced Poster
Katie Firebird

PostSubject: Re: Shadows Galore [Private]   Shadows Galore [Private] I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 10:22 am

My eyes narrowed and I stepped out from behind the tree, "How did you know I was there?" I asked slowly. "Even if I wasn't Erebus the hat should conceal my presence. I'm Ghost by the way, or at least thats what people call me." My last name couldn't have been any worse. Children of shadow. Wonder is not a name that strikes fear.
Back to top Go down
Dan
Secret Chinchilla Ninja
Secret Chinchilla Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Shadows Galore [Private]   Shadows Galore [Private] I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 10:33 am

"I heard you walking. It's not that hard to miss in these parts of the woods. Just in case you hadn't noticed, it's pretty quiet here." I told her, sarcasm dripping with every word. "So... daughter of Erebus, why the heck are you named Ghost? I mean I know that Erebus is the God of Shadows and Darkness and all that junk--" I broke off as the sky rumbled faintly. "Oh shut up." I muttered at the Gods. "Anyway, so he's all that stuff, but Ghost? How does that even fit? It's like calling me Sunshine."I frowned. "Scratch that, and erase it from your memory, and never call me Sunshine."
Back to top Go down
Katie Firebird
Experienced Poster
Katie Firebird

PostSubject: Re: Shadows Galore [Private]   Shadows Galore [Private] I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 10:38 am

"Whatever you say Sunshine" I yawned "They call me Ghost because if I'm ever seen it's usually from the flat of you're back and a dagger in ya." I heard a twig snap nearby and froze listening. Instinctively my hand went to my cap not remembering it didn't work
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shadows Galore [Private]   Shadows Galore [Private] I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 10:47 am

Felix Haywood

Crashing through the branches of the tree I had been sitting in, I face-palmed mid-air and landed ever so gracefully, half squashing some evidently cheerful guy. Well, at least I hadn't gathered so much momentum from my fall that I would kill myself. Or the guy, but honestly... I wouldn't finish that thought. Scrambling up, I peered up through the branches and whistled because I was just so impressed. Hey, I didn't know that I weighed that much. Maybe I should lay off the chips or something. Anyways, I had been climbing and hopping through the trees like I was a ninja as some form of training, but a branch had given out while I was resting and here I was.

Strolling back over to the guy I had landed on, I extended a hand and grinned. "Er, sorry about that. I hope I didn't break anything of yours." I said, scratching my neck as an embarrassed gesture.
Back to top Go down
Dan
Secret Chinchilla Ninja
Secret Chinchilla Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Shadows Galore [Private]   Shadows Galore [Private] I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 12:07 pm

Alright... so next thing I knew I was on the ground, squashed by some Demeter kid. Wow, my day just keeps getting better and better. First clocked in the head by a rock, and now squished by a demigod. I wonder what else is in store for me.

"Murrrrgh." I mumbled into the ground. I got up slowly, dusting myself off thoroughly and turning to face the guy who just happened to fall right through the tree he was on. "It's fine, don't think anything's broken." I muttered, my dark eyes glaring at him. "Watch where you're landing next time, Flower Boy." I nodded towards the ground which was now imprinted with my form, my eyebrows raised in slight amusement.

I finally realized he had extended his hand towards me. I frowned. "Look, just so you know, I'm not one for shaking hands and such. But seeing as you just crushed me, I feel it only necessary." I told him rather monotonously. I reached out my long arm and shook his hand reluctantly. He must think I'm such a nice fellow.

My bleak eyes flitted over to Ghost again. "I don't like you, you know." I said cooly, chuckling. "So... whatever your name is; Demeter kid, why exactly were you in the trees anyway? Spying? Not like there's much to spy on." I asked the guy who had squashed me. I fingered my skull ring in my palm, slipping it on and off of my finger in boredom.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shadows Galore [Private]   Shadows Galore [Private] I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 7:41 pm

Waiting until he finished speaking, I swallowed and stepped back. "In my defense, I couldn't really watch where I was landing because I was sort of, you know, falling. Contrary to popular belief, most of the time when I fall, I don't fall on purpose." I said, watching as he fiddling with some skull ring of his.

"Phff, flower boy. You should call me Willowy Boy. Get it? 'Cause of weeping willows, and you know, I just broke a tree by sitting on it, so I know I'm not slender? And my positive body image just went down the drain, so weeping-.. You know what, ignore me. My jokes suck." I said, slumping a little bit. "I was actually going to help you up, but you got up on your own so... Kudos to you for that! Name's Felix Haywood. I was, uh, trying to train." I mumbled the last part, crossing my arms.

Oh, this guy actually seemed nice. Kind of like the type of person who was decent when he wasn't around too many people but tried to be a jerk otherwise. Like he had to keep up some sort of rep or something. I don't know.
Back to top Go down
Katie Firebird
Experienced Poster
Katie Firebird

PostSubject: Re: Shadows Galore [Private]   Shadows Galore [Private] I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 8:26 pm

Ooc:
Spoiler:

The feelings mutual. I retorted smirking, Good aim Felix, REALLY. Spot on.

Sorry it'd be longer but I'm on my ipod
Back to top Go down
Dan
Secret Chinchilla Ninja
Secret Chinchilla Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Shadows Galore [Private]   Shadows Galore [Private] I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 6:03 pm

I looked blankly at Felix. "Oh yes, hilarious." I said wistfully, sarcasm heavy on the last word. "Anyway..." I continued, scratching the back of my neck, "I don't think we want to be anywhere near this tree when the dryad comes out. She's not going to be particularly happy." I commented, nodding towards the giant gap in the tree's limbs. My gaze flickered to Ghost. "Shut up, Ghost." I muttered, a small grin spreading on my face.

"So, uh Willow Boy, what were you trying to train for? Suicide? Like those stupid chipmunks that attempt to cross the street on a busy highway and wind up as roadkill?" I said, pondering on that last sentence. Quite an odd string of words to put together in a sentence, but I hoped it didn't sound too... rushed. I mean, in my opinion, those suicidal chipmunks are really irritating, but I hate to let loose my opinions of things. It makes everything... awkward.

I got the feeling Willow Boy over here was trying to figure me out, which was a little strange, like that feeling when someone's staring at you, and the back of your neck feels odd. But this time it was like the gears in my brain were feeling weird. I attempted to throw him off my trail. Without really doing anything on the outside, my brain worked overtime to bring in a very strong gloomy vibe.

"The woods seem a lot more... creepy now, right?" I questioned, trying not to let it show that I was responsible for it. I don't think it worked, because I knew that there was a dark glint in my eye that suggested otherwise.

Gloom starts to look pretty weird once you see it over and over again. Gloom gloom gloom gloom. Makes me think of mushrooms. xD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shadows Galore [Private]   Shadows Galore [Private] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shadows Galore [Private]
Page 1 of 1