Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

:Regarding Powers:

Go down 
+6
Alec
jehowell
Prince Hawk
maddie ☹
tethys
Baby Lex
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Bre Bre

:Regarding Powers: - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: :Regarding Powers:   :Regarding Powers: - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 2:28 pm

I agree. It would make things a lot easier for new comers as well.
Back to top Go down
maddie ☹
Grammar Police
maddie ☹

PostSubject: Re: :Regarding Powers:   :Regarding Powers: - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 2:29 pm

I half agree. Maybe one child was gifted with more control over earthquakes than another? So what? The other person still has powers. It's also boring if everyone has the exact same powers.
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: :Regarding Powers:   :Regarding Powers: - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 2:37 pm

I was agreeing with you, Music. Sorry to confuse. xP
Back to top Go down
tethys
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: :Regarding Powers:   :Regarding Powers: - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 2:46 pm

I mean, like, someone can't just say that they have powers over earthquakes, and that's it... And it would be much harder for them to list every ability of a Poseidon kid...
Back to top Go down
maddie ☹
Grammar Police
maddie ☹

PostSubject: Re: :Regarding Powers:   :Regarding Powers: - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 3:37 pm

As I said earlier, admins post a list on what powers the Gods have (minor Gods will be like "stick with in limitations" if they do that, or somefin like that) and people can be like "hey, when I get more power, I want this". And the abilities wouldn't be that long. It's be like,

"Minor water control
Minor earthquake control"

and so forth.

And the admins do have the power to refuse an ability, so if someone does put "only earthquake" the admins can refuse/approve that.
Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: :Regarding Powers:   :Regarding Powers: - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 10:19 pm

Alexxx wrote:

Zeus Kids: Okay, I have a Zeus kid, so I am frequently watching the rp-s in the cabin. Most of the new Zeus kids can immediatly 'fly' and control lightning. On a large scale. That's something that you had to work at, it doesn't come right to you. Most of the people here are experienced {to a point}, so you would think they'd know these things.

Yeah...even Zan can't fly. She can slightly levitate...but it drains her. Like, a lot.
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: :Regarding Powers:   :Regarding Powers: - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 4:57 pm

--For the healing power, Hale can't even heal. He has NO healing power what-so-ever. I tried to mix it up some, and know I'm glad I did. All he can do that is a power is bend light. He is also a good drummer/pianist. And archer, but I'd call that talents.--
Back to top Go down
tethys
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: :Regarding Powers:   :Regarding Powers: - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 4:58 pm

Apollo is the god of the sun, not light... I think.
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: :Regarding Powers:   :Regarding Powers: - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 5:18 pm

--He can bend sun rays, which is what makes light. If you look up Apollo Powers, it's one of them. Supposedly Will Solace has the power. That's how I heard of it.--
Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: :Regarding Powers:   :Regarding Powers: - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 6:59 pm

Hm...good point.
Back to top Go down
dean
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: :Regarding Powers:   :Regarding Powers: - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 9:57 pm

This is why I suggested that the CL accept the power separately, they probably know which powers suit the Cabin.

@Moo: Your Athena suggestion of telephthicness is a bad idea, not everyone writes what they think so that power would be useless. I would then rather think of telekinesis? The ability to move object with the mind
Back to top Go down
tethys
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: :Regarding Powers:   :Regarding Powers: - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 3:26 pm

Oh. Sorry~
Back to top Go down
maddie ☹
Grammar Police
maddie ☹

PostSubject: Re: :Regarding Powers:   :Regarding Powers: - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 6:26 pm

"Your Athena suggestion of telephthicness is a bad idea, not everyone writes what they think so that power would be useless. I would then rather think of telekinesis? The ability to move object with the mind"

First of all, that's your opinion, and you hurt my feelings about calling it a bad idea. I appreciate criticism, but that was just rude.

As for telekinesis, I don't really like that either. It's too strong. I know people always don't write what their char thinks, but whoever is posting can ask, and it would only be for like higher leveled Athena kids.
Back to top Go down
dean
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: :Regarding Powers:   :Regarding Powers: - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 8:38 am

That bad idea part was my bad idea to post XD Sorry, my fail, plus telekinesis can be weak for example the best they could do was maybe open a door with their mind ;)
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: :Regarding Powers:   :Regarding Powers: - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 8:52 pm

--I like Moo's idea, though I'm confused at the difference between the two. But anyway, it doesn't really matter about the people who don't post with thought, they could always start to.--
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: :Regarding Powers:   :Regarding Powers: - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

:Regarding Powers:
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2