Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

:Regarding Powers:

Go down 
+6
Alec
jehowell
Prince Hawk
maddie ☹
tethys
Baby Lex
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Baby Lex
Experienced Poster
Baby Lex

:Regarding Powers: Empty
PostSubject: :Regarding Powers:   :Regarding Powers: I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 9:23 am

Okay, so lately I have read some relatively recent roleplays here. And I have noticed that a LOT of things are weird regarding powers.

Hades Kids: I understand that the Hades kids are, like, the second most popular Big Three charrie. Which means a lot of people have them. But the powers for them are limited. You can't shadow travel willy-nilly. Like, in one rp, a Hades kid shadow traveled into the building, stayed there for five minutes or so, then shadow traveled out. YOU CAN'T DO THAT. YOU SAW HOW TIRED NICO WAS WHENEVER HE DID IT AT A SHORT DISTANCE. What, they can't use the door? Like, really.

Aphrodite Kids: We have a lot of girls on this site. So, it's understandable that the Aphrodite kids would be popular, right? Yes, but the powers are a stretch. A big one. ALMOST EVERY APHRODITE KID HAS CHARMSPEAK. Almost every one. If I'm correct, in "The Lost Hero", Rick Riordan wrote that charmspeak was a blessing and not everybody had it. (Or something along those lines. XD) Whatever happened to that, hmm?

Zeus Kids: Okay, I have a Zeus kid, so I am frequently watching the rp-s in the cabin. Most of the new Zeus kids can immediatly 'fly' and control lightning. On a large scale. That's something that you had to work at, it doesn't come right to you. Most of the people here are experienced {to a point}, so you would think they'd know these things.

It might not seem like a lot, but if you count everybody doing this, it's a lot. Also, I'm not naming names, just addressing the problems.

~Alexxx
Back to top Go down
tethys
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: :Regarding Powers:   :Regarding Powers: I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 9:38 am

I know what you mean! And don't forget about Hephaestus kid's rare control over fire...
Back to top Go down
Baby Lex
Experienced Poster
Baby Lex

PostSubject: Re: :Regarding Powers:   :Regarding Powers: I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 9:48 am

Ah yes, I'll add that.
Back to top Go down
maddie ☹
Grammar Police
maddie ☹

PostSubject: Re: :Regarding Powers:   :Regarding Powers: I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 9:52 am

True dat, sista! xD

Anyways, I think we need some system where the admins look over chars every now and then, and see if they should be able to have suchandsuch powers. I think all CLs can have the rarer powers (lightning controllability, charmspeak, shadowtravel, fire stuff, etc.).
Back to top Go down
tethys
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: :Regarding Powers:   :Regarding Powers: I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 9:54 am

Ya, I agree. And maybe one or two others?
Back to top Go down
Baby Lex
Experienced Poster
Baby Lex

PostSubject: Re: :Regarding Powers:   :Regarding Powers: I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 10:01 am

I added that I think we should have a list of the two/three people who has the special powers for each god. And when somebody doesn't want that character anymore, the spot would be open.
Back to top Go down
tethys
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: :Regarding Powers:   :Regarding Powers: I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 10:02 am

Good idea. :]
Back to top Go down
Prince Hawk

Prince Hawk

PostSubject: Re: :Regarding Powers:   :Regarding Powers: I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 11:50 am

Im pretty sure all Hades Kids can shadow travel so its not exactly a rare power. But I can understand where youre coming fro about not being able to do it all the time. But the time between posts isnt ever really set, so it could be like a long time. It seems kinda hard to control that, what do you think
Back to top Go down
http://jyhswrites.blogspot.ca/
maddie ☹
Grammar Police
maddie ☹

PostSubject: Re: :Regarding Powers:   :Regarding Powers: I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 11:56 am

I think Alex means that people shadow travel and it has no affect on them. Nico, a great Hades kid, couldn't even shadow travel without getting dizzy. So, shadow traveling and not getting sick and doing it allot is a rare thing. And when you're RPG, everything in that topic is real-life action (pretty much), so if you ST into your house, eat a pickle, and ST out, that'd unrealistic, even for a demigod RP.
Back to top Go down
jehowell

PostSubject: Re: :Regarding Powers:   :Regarding Powers: I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 12:00 pm

Don't forget about the minor demigod children being incredibly powerful. Some Hecate kids can summon weapons and cast spells that they shouldn't be able to do.

Also sometimes demigods will have abilities that they shouldn't have. I know one time I read where a child of Poseidon had the ability to create and manipulate ice.
Back to top Go down
Prince Hawk

Prince Hawk

PostSubject: Re: :Regarding Powers:   :Regarding Powers: I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 12:01 pm

OH OK< yeah that makes more sense :)
so what demi-gods can shadow travel
Hades, Nyx, Thanatos, Tartarus, Erebus, are there anymore
Back to top Go down
tethys
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: :Regarding Powers:   :Regarding Powers: I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 12:04 pm

How about underworld river gods, like Styx, Acheron, Cocytus, and Lethe? What powers would they have...?
Back to top Go down
Prince Hawk

Prince Hawk

PostSubject: Re: :Regarding Powers:   :Regarding Powers: I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 12:44 pm

they wouldnt be able to Shadow travel.
Styx: control the emotion of Hatred
Acheron: ???
Cocytus: ???
Phlegethon: control of fire, like purokenesis
Lethe: control the memory, make people forget things
Back to top Go down
tethys
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: :Regarding Powers:   :Regarding Powers: I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 12:46 pm

Can other love gods have children that can charmspeak?
Back to top Go down
maddie ☹
Grammar Police
maddie ☹

PostSubject: Re: :Regarding Powers:   :Regarding Powers: I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 1:36 pm

This I what I think should be done/what's happening:

Poseidon kids;
Most of the kids are neglecting the fact that their father has the ability to control earthquakes and talks to both horses and Pegasi. Starting out, I think Poseidon kids should have little water manipulation, NO ICE MANIPULATION, and as they progress into the years, they have minor earthquake abilities and more ability to water, the whole time, they can talk to any horse-like/water creature.

Hades kids;
These kids should probably always have more deathly abilities than minor god demigods related to death. They should also shadow travel at the same rate as Nyx and Erebus, because, Hades is more of death than darkness/shadows.

Zeus kids;
Okay, I think that we shouldn't have allot kids that can fly. Zeus is the God of the sky, but we know him as weather/thunder/lightning. I think that Zeus kids should start out with minor storm abilities, and progress.

Demeter kids;
They're all about plants. All I can really say is to not overuse your powers and to not use powers that don't relate.

Hermes kids;
Same as Demeter pretty much. Also, we need lots, because the book does.

Apollo kids;
When they first come here, I think that they should all have the power of not getting sunburned and minor light abilities. As they progress, I believe they should get more light abilities. At all times, Apollo kids should be able to write magnificent poems, music, and be talented with some form of art (be it painting, dancing, singing, acting, etc.). They are good at archery and should only be able to heal people minorly.

Artemis hunters;
Since you cannot have a child of Artemis, if you become a hunter, you should still be able to have powers from your father/mother. If done, I think whatever powers you had before being a hunter, you cannot grow with that (i.e., a child of Poseidon getting more powers while they're a hunter is not doable, and say you only have minor earthquake powers, you will stick with minor earthquake powers).

Aphrodite kids;
Kiddies of her should be the only ones with charmspeak. Also, I think only 2-3 Aphrodite kids should even possess charmspeak. Besides that, all Aphrodite kids should have abnorbal beauty and just be good with guys/girls. Anything more would have to be looked at, and please, don't give your Aphrodite kid the ability to fly.

Ares kids;
All of these demigods should start out with simple, abnormal strength, and then that progresses. The population of Ares kids should be ugly, so no Heidi Klum look-alike being Ares xD They should also have a good knowledge of weapons, but not as good as Hephaestus' kids.

Hephaestus kids;
These children should have an abnormal knowledge of weapons and are skilled with making weapons, and especially be good with knowing how to work weapons. Also, these kids kids aren't that attractive, either. Hephaestus has fire power, so his kids should start out with VERY MINOR fire ability, and that progresses.

Athena kids;
Athena's kids are all knowledge. They all should be smart and at least be excelled at two educational categories (math, science, etc.). They are also good at reading people's emotions and thinking ahead. I'd say, if you want any Athena kid with real powers, it'd be telepathicness, which only some Athena kids should be able to have.

Dionysus kids;
Children of him should be practically immune to being drunk, and should be excellent drink makers. All I should say for his kids is that they shouldn't be bad at partying xD

Minor Gods kids;
Minor Gods, the word minor is key. Even if that Gods' powers may be similar to an Olympian Gods', they must be weaker. Demigods from these deities shouldn't be stronger than ones from Olympians. Also, try not going way off of the kid's powers. If you're a child of Odyne, make them have pain-like powers, don't make them able to breathe fire.

[these are my opinions]

Last edited by Music on Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Baby Lex
Experienced Poster
Baby Lex

PostSubject: Re: :Regarding Powers:   :Regarding Powers: I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 1:43 pm

Just a more elaborated post than mine. XD
Back to top Go down
Alec

Alec

PostSubject: Re: :Regarding Powers:   :Regarding Powers: I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 1:48 pm

Music, you are fantastic for that post. Breaking it down by god was a terrific idea. I do question the bit about the hunters though. As far as I remember (which isn't far, my memory is horrible), pledging oneself to Artemis doesn't enact any sort of magical change on the pledger. Assuming that is the case, I don't see why the hunters' powers couldn't continue to grow while they were in service to Artemis.
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: :Regarding Powers:   :Regarding Powers: I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 1:53 pm

I agree with Music and Alec. This is a good idea, and I hope it'll come into affect, or at least consideration.
Back to top Go down
maddie ☹
Grammar Police
maddie ☹

PostSubject: Re: :Regarding Powers:   :Regarding Powers: I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 1:56 pm

Well, their power of being a hunter would progress, right? So, Artemis' power + any other God parent's would be too powerful, so, I'd say freeze your parent's so you can educate yourself more with being a hunter.
Back to top Go down
tethys
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: :Regarding Powers:   :Regarding Powers: I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 2:04 pm

I agree, Moo. Since when could Aphrodite kids fly? Off-topics, but, in the books, it seems like all the children of Aphrodite are girls xP
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: :Regarding Powers:   :Regarding Powers: I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 2:13 pm

In the books, it stated that the majority of Aphrodite's children were feminine. Only a remnant of her children were masculine.
Back to top Go down
Alec

Alec

PostSubject: Re: :Regarding Powers:   :Regarding Powers: I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 2:15 pm

Okay, after checking the Camp Half Blood wiki to make sure, I agree with you Moo. Since Hunters do gain powers while in service to Artemis, the combination of those and their immortal parent's would be too much.
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: :Regarding Powers:   :Regarding Powers: I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 2:16 pm

I agree also. It would be almost like immortalizing your charrie. Something along those lines. xP
Back to top Go down
maddie ☹
Grammar Police
maddie ☹

PostSubject: Re: :Regarding Powers:   :Regarding Powers: I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 2:19 pm

So we should only allow about 5 guys to be in the cabin? Anyways, I think we should set up a chart that people look at. Might look like this (random example);

Zeus Demigods
11 children
3 recently claimed
5 wanting more power
3 with advanced power
2 spots left for advanced power

And if it isn't too much trouble, a little topic with what every demigod needs to know for being a child of a God. Like, how many people can have a certain power, how the powers work for that God, restrictions, the powers you can have, the power levels (i.e. novice - minor power), and stuff like that.
Back to top Go down
tethys
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: :Regarding Powers:   :Regarding Powers: I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 2:26 pm

I think children of specific gods should have set powers, so different demigods won't have different powers, even if they have the same parent. Like, one child of Poseidon can control water and breath underwater and the other one's power is completely over earthquakes. That's not right... So, like we should have a topic listing what powers what children have.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: :Regarding Powers:   :Regarding Powers: I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

:Regarding Powers:
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next