Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Another Big Three Charrie?

Go down 
+13
Colby
Alex the English
jessica
#Megz
tethys
Prince Hawk
Inaniloquist
maddie ☹
Boo Bunny
Katie Firebird
Nico
Alec
Zan
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Should we be able to acess a second big three charrie if we reach over two thousand posts?
Yes
Another Big Three Charrie? - Page 4 I_vote_lcap76%Another Big Three Charrie? - Page 4 I_vote_rcap
 76% [ 22 ]
No
Another Big Three Charrie? - Page 4 I_vote_lcap24%Another Big Three Charrie? - Page 4 I_vote_rcap
 24% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 29

AuthorMessage
Pоseidon

Pоseidon

Another Big Three Charrie? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Big Three Charrie?   Another Big Three Charrie? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 4:01 pm

Once you hit that many posts, an admin will know about your role play skills and if you're good enough for a second character - It's almost a given.

Not to mention I specifically said earlier to have them do a test to see if they're good enough for another one.
Back to top Go down
jessica
SICJ A WPMDERF; MEMBER
jessica

PostSubject: Re: Another Big Three Charrie?   Another Big Three Charrie? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 4:10 pm

Well, the character still has to be approved by an admin. How do you know they're good role players. I'm sure some of the top twenty posts have posted tiny posts some time or another.
Back to top Go down
Pоseidon

Pоseidon

PostSubject: Re: Another Big Three Charrie?   Another Big Three Charrie? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 4:19 pm

If someone has 5000+ posts here, and admin will know if they're good at role play or not.
Back to top Go down
jessica
SICJ A WPMDERF; MEMBER
jessica

PostSubject: Re: Another Big Three Charrie?   Another Big Three Charrie? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 4:23 pm

Not necessarily.
Back to top Go down
Pоseidon

Pоseidon

PostSubject: Re: Another Big Three Charrie?   Another Big Three Charrie? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 6:06 pm

Trust me, they will.
Back to top Go down
tethys
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: Another Big Three Charrie?   Another Big Three Charrie? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 6:09 pm

I'm at 3000, and I don't think anyone really cares about my RP level. xP
Back to top Go down
Colby
Elite Writer
Colby

PostSubject: Re: Another Big Three Charrie?   Another Big Three Charrie? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 7:42 pm

Colby wrote:
People should be required to have.

1. 3,500 post
2. Active over 6 months (Which you probably are if you have that much)
3. Been in over 100 different topics.
4. Appoved by at least two admins and one mod.
5. The Charre is awesome. (accepted)

Maybe 2 out of the first three should be required. The final two are unquestionable.
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/ColberstheSheep
tethys
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: Another Big Three Charrie?   Another Big Three Charrie? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 7:52 pm

I like those ideas. :]
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Another Big Three Charrie?   Another Big Three Charrie? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 8:01 pm

You know...as much as I want a Big Three character, I think it would be much simpler to just leave it at one. The only reason I said yes to this was because I had an idea for a Poseidon character...
So many people will think that they deserve a second character and the people that have one don't and it'd just get too personal and too many people would fight over it.
Would it be great if I could use my idea? Yes...
But would it be more beneficial to the site? Probably not...
Just seeing everyone debate about this and vote people down because they don't agree with something shows that this would get far too complicated...
Back to top Go down
http://z13.invisionfree.com/Adelphia/index.php?
tethys
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: Another Big Three Charrie?   Another Big Three Charrie? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 8:43 pm

I see your point, but I still kind of think we should figure something out that's not too unfair. ^^
Back to top Go down
jessica
SICJ A WPMDERF; MEMBER
jessica

PostSubject: Re: Another Big Three Charrie?   Another Big Three Charrie? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 8:52 pm

Yeah...Something that isn't too unfair....I got nothing. Sorry! *shrugs*
Back to top Go down
Katie Firebird
Experienced Poster
Katie Firebird

PostSubject: Re: Another Big Three Charrie?   Another Big Three Charrie? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 8:59 pm

Ares wrote:
Trust me, they will.

Thats not even close to true. I haven't rped with 3 of the 4 Admins. EVER. For your first big three character they check your posts and quickly scan to make sure you meet all the requirements. We're looking for someone RESPONSIBLE. Not Talented. Talent leads to arguments about judging, being responsible with your big 3 character is all we ask. You can't judge responsibility off of post quality.
Back to top Go down
http://thehungergamesrp.forumotion.com
jessica
SICJ A WPMDERF; MEMBER
jessica

PostSubject: Re: Another Big Three Charrie?   Another Big Three Charrie? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 9:03 pm

I agree with Katie on this.
Back to top Go down
tethys
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: Another Big Three Charrie?   Another Big Three Charrie? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 9:07 pm

Ya. Same as what Jess said! :] I still have no idea what we will/might do, though. x3
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: Another Big Three Charrie?   Another Big Three Charrie? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 9:31 pm

I guess I kind of agree with Angel. We aren't figuring anything out, really. We're kind of agreeing, we're disagreeing. Let's just put this off for now. We aren't getting anywhere, and we don't really need two Big Three characters. I guess maybe, but for now, let's not.

I was thinking canon character wise, if someone got one of the Big Three canons they might want an original, or to keep their original, but canon Big Three characters aren't out, so that doesn't seem like too much of a problem about now.

I don't know though.
Back to top Go down
Pоseidon

Pоseidon

PostSubject: Re: Another Big Three Charrie?   Another Big Three Charrie? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 4:06 am

Katie Bird wrote:
Thats not even close to true. I haven't rped with 3 of the 4 Admins. EVER. For your first big three character they check your posts and quickly scan to make sure you meet all the requirements. We're looking for someone RESPONSIBLE. Not Talented. Talent leads to arguments about judging, being responsible with your big 3 character is all we ask. You can't judge responsibility off of post quality.

If an Admin is doing their job properly, they're guaranteed to know what someone's level in role play is - Even if they haven't RP'd with them. Especially if that person has like 5000 posts.
Back to top Go down
tethys
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: Another Big Three Charrie?   Another Big Three Charrie? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 3:35 pm

It's not the Admins' job to stalk everyone's posts; they run the forum, make updates, decide on things, plan events, etc. Just because someone posts a lot, doesn't mean the admins see their RP posts . . . x3
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Another Big Three Charrie?   Another Big Three Charrie? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 7:00 pm

The admins should know a person's general roleplay ability. They have to make sure everyone is following the rules, and to do that they have to basically stalk people's topics.
It's unrealistic to say every admin knows every members' roleplaying abilities, but they should have a generally good idea...a good enough idea to judge whether or not that person is able to handle a second Big Three character.
However, on the other hand, most people that have a post number that is over 3,000 are generally talented roleplayers. That's not saying that people with under 3,000 aren't, though. Roleplay level does not necessarily coincide with number of posts. However, people with 3,000 posts have probably roleplayed enough to reach a respectable roleplay ability.
Again, this whole ranking system is subjective...I think either we go with the subjective thing and have an outrageously high post requirement, or we just don't do this at all. It's stupid to think we can all agree on something with so many different opinions and views...
Back to top Go down
http://z13.invisionfree.com/Adelphia/index.php?
Pоseidon

Pоseidon

PostSubject: Re: Another Big Three Charrie?   Another Big Three Charrie? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 1:04 am

That's exactly what I mean Angel, which is why I specifically mentioned people with thousands of post counts.... Like you for example. Let's just compare the 2 of us - An Admin is going to have a better idea of your role play skill and level, then they will with mine because you've been here for much longer and you also have such a high post count.

As for the topic at hand, I say you'd be better off with just having 1 Big 3 character.
Back to top Go down
jessica
SICJ A WPMDERF; MEMBER
jessica

PostSubject: Re: Another Big Three Charrie?   Another Big Three Charrie? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 2:05 am

Well, what if this person, Angel for example, deserves a second big three character (yes Angel you deserve a second one because that's how awesome of a rome player you are. We haven't role played, but I've been watching you. O.O).
Back to top Go down
Pоseidon

Pоseidon

PostSubject: Re: Another Big Three Charrie?   Another Big Three Charrie? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 3:49 am

Just because you think they deserve a second Big 3 character - Doesn't mean everyone else collectively agrees. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying she doesn't deserve one - But then, I'm also not saying she does... If you understand what that means.

It's going to become to hard to just try and determine who does or doesn't deserve a second Big 3 character, and since no one really seems to be able to come to an even resolve - Why don't you just make it NO 2nd Big 3 character for now. Everything seems to be working fine at the moment, so why try and fix something that isn't broken?
Back to top Go down
tethys
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: Another Big Three Charrie?   Another Big Three Charrie? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 5:58 pm

Like Nico and Ares said, we really aren't getting anywhere... x3 Maybe we should just stick to one big three.
Back to top Go down
Pоseidon

Pоseidon

PostSubject: Re: Another Big Three Charrie?   Another Big Three Charrie? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 11:14 am

tεthys wrote:
Like Nico and Ares said, we really aren't getting anywhere... x3 Maybe we should just stick to one big three.

+1.
Back to top Go down
maddie ☹
Grammar Police
maddie ☹

PostSubject: Re: Another Big Three Charrie?   Another Big Three Charrie? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 3:58 pm

I think, in my eyes, that we should allow some members to have 2 BTG characters. Though admins cannot see everyone's RPG ability, they do see how they act around the forum. Are they helpful, do they interact well with others? I do agree that how someone RPs a character is a vital quality, but when getting one BTG character, how someone posts doesn't seem to matter. People could easily get a BTG charrie from posting stuff just at chat, so maybe for a second one, it's more on how long you've been a member, and if you're helpful around the forums. Agreeing with Angel - Admins should know most members' RP ability.

p.s., I'm lost on what we're arguing about xD The opinions on this page seem to be that this topic has started a debate, and this isn't going anywhere. :p If everyone really has issues with other people's ideas on this, it's best we leave members with only 1 BTG char.
Back to top Go down
Pоseidon

Pоseidon

PostSubject: Re: Another Big Three Charrie?   Another Big Three Charrie? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 10:33 am

From what I was told, you need to have like 75% role play posts to get a First Big Three character to prevent people from just spamming and getting a higher post count.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another Big Three Charrie?   Another Big Three Charrie? - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another Big Three Charrie?
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next