Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Olympus Field Trips and the Labyrinth?

Go down 
+5
Katie Firebird
Sonic
Baby Lex
tethys
Bre Bre
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Bre Bre

Olympus Field Trips and the Labyrinth? Empty
PostSubject: Olympus Field Trips and the Labyrinth?   Olympus Field Trips and the Labyrinth? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 9:39 am

Well, I was doing some research on what the forum was like before now, and I discovered that they had field trips to Mount Olympus almost every month or so. I was thinking about what it would be like to start them up again, because that section of the forum is hardly ever used. Of course, this is the admins decision, but I would like to know what the members think as well. Since it's a field trip, there has tp be some sole purpose of being there. Maybe an Olympian party? Or maybe Cronus crashes it, and we have another battle just like in the battlefield? I don't know, but go ahead and post what you think about this idea. It just doesn't seem right to me to leave something unused, but like I said, that's up to the admins.

[IDEA FOR THE LABYRINTH IS POSTED BELOW.]

Last edited by GoldenEagle on Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
tethys
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: Olympus Field Trips and the Labyrinth?   Olympus Field Trips and the Labyrinth? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 9:42 am

Wish- Goddess of Wishes wrote:
[I don't think your allowed to just walk into Olympus and say something, and leave. I think we used to do field trips, but I don't know what's happening now]

Is this where the idea was from, or is it just a coincidence? Haha, anyways, that's an awesome idea! I'd love to restore field trips that the characters in camp enjoyed nearly a year ago! The Kronos idea is pretty cool, too :]
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: Olympus Field Trips and the Labyrinth?   Olympus Field Trips and the Labyrinth? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 9:45 am

Nah, I was just looking through some old topics that I found in some of the members a long time ago. Some still aren't deleted from the site, so I guess I got lucky with that one. xD Yeah, I'm willing to bring Olympus alive again, because it seems pretty much dead. That's not a good thing since the gods are there, but that's Greek mythology.
Back to top Go down
tethys
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: Olympus Field Trips and the Labyrinth?   Olympus Field Trips and the Labyrinth? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 9:51 am

I agree. When the old site staff members, Sirena and Aelia (Sorry if I misspelled it, I think that was her name!) were active, that's when there were field trips. After that, when all the admins and mods were inactive, I think the forum was in a better state than today... Anyways, I don't think Kronos himself would go over to Olympus, unless it was, like, the final battle. xD
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: Olympus Field Trips and the Labyrinth?   Olympus Field Trips and the Labyrinth? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 10:02 am

True. xD Well, if we can't be invaded on Olympus, how about something in the Labrynth? I did a little research on the labrynth, and I read that the minotuar was imprisoned there. Every nine years, Athens would send over seven boys and seven girls to Crete to be eaten by the minotuar. So I was thinking, how about Camp Half-Blood does that? It doesn't have to be a certain number of campers, it could be all of them. We could hold this maybe every three months or something like that, and have a "training session" in the arena. The training session would kind of give "experience" to your character for the minotuar battle, and that experience could be used for your "health" and "attack power." Say someone has 500 experience for a charrie, they go ahead and face the minotuar with the campers. They attack the minotuar with their primary weapon. -5 experience. The minotuar attackes them, -10 experience.

Now say that charrie wants to use a power that was inherited from their divine parent, there would probably have to be -20 experience for that. Anyway, the experience would be earned through the training session just by being there, and how much that character has learned. Kinda get it? Seeing as I went completly off topic, I'll add this to the title also. xD
Back to top Go down
tethys
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: Olympus Field Trips and the Labyrinth?   Olympus Field Trips and the Labyrinth? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 10:07 am

THE MINUS BLAHBLAHBLAH IS CONFUZZLING. But we should so make a quest out of that! Send a bunch of Half-Bloods into the labyrinth to destroy the minotaur or something :]
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: Olympus Field Trips and the Labyrinth?   Olympus Field Trips and the Labyrinth? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 10:09 am

Or it could be monthly, just so everyone gets a shot. There doesn't have to be an end to the labrynth thing either, it could just be on going for just some roleplaying fun. But whatever, they're just ideas. xD
Back to top Go down
tethys
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: Olympus Field Trips and the Labyrinth?   Olympus Field Trips and the Labyrinth? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 10:10 am

Well, the camp should know that people could go insane just being lost in the labyrinth, so you think that they would try to stay away from it. So we would need a better reason for them to go in...
Back to top Go down
Baby Lex
Experienced Poster
Baby Lex

PostSubject: Re: Olympus Field Trips and the Labyrinth?   Olympus Field Trips and the Labyrinth? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 10:12 am

Maybe the minotaur idea, but if somebody wants a character to die, they could go too.
Back to top Go down
tethys
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: Olympus Field Trips and the Labyrinth?   Olympus Field Trips and the Labyrinth? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 10:16 am

You mean characters would go into there to kill themselves... o.o
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: Olympus Field Trips and the Labyrinth?   Olympus Field Trips and the Labyrinth? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 10:30 am

The Athena children know alot about Greek myths, so they would know to do what Theseus did, tie a rope to the door, then follow it on the way out. Characters can die, but they don't have to, and they can also come back injured. Wish, the gods' children are always finding ways to prove themselves worthy to their parents. And as quoted by Annabeth in "The Lightning Thief" "Do you know how many campers have wanted to fight the minotuar?" Well, I guess we have our purpose for being in the labrynth right there in that quote.

Last edited by GoldenEagle on Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:34 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
tethys
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: Olympus Field Trips and the Labyrinth?   Olympus Field Trips and the Labyrinth? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 10:33 am

YUP. Once Zan or Dan come on, they need to look at the Olympus idea! I think we need the field trips back, defiantly :]
Back to top Go down
Sonic
Experienced Poster
Sonic

PostSubject: Re: Olympus Field Trips and the Labyrinth?   Olympus Field Trips and the Labyrinth? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 11:01 am

This is a great idea.I'd love to see the field trips.The Labyrinth idea is pretty good too.
Back to top Go down
tethys
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: Olympus Field Trips and the Labyrinth?   Olympus Field Trips and the Labyrinth? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 11:05 am

Actually, one of my characters are in the Labyrinth now. xD
Back to top Go down
Katie Firebird
Experienced Poster
Katie Firebird

PostSubject: Re: Olympus Field Trips and the Labyrinth?   Olympus Field Trips and the Labyrinth? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 11:50 am

Cool idea!

As a reply to your very first post Eagle. We never actually did a trip to Olympus Inan might've but when got here we didn't.
Back to top Go down
http://thehungergamesrp.forumotion.com
tethys
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: Olympus Field Trips and the Labyrinth?   Olympus Field Trips and the Labyrinth? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 11:52 am

Oh. xD
I joined in May, when the admins were inactive, so IDK.
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: Olympus Field Trips and the Labyrinth?   Olympus Field Trips and the Labyrinth? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 12:01 pm

I'm sorry to hear that, Katie. xP But if the Olympus Trips idea does get accepted, maybe it would be the very first trip for this forum. Who knows? As for the Labrynth idea, I think it would be for good use. Instead of just waiting for the normal battles, we could have a little minotuar fight in the labrynth. We don't have to use the "experience" thing that I mentioned earlier, and just use the same regulation as the battlefield, but I would like these fights to be different. Maybe an admin roleplay as the minotuar? I don't know, we'll have to wait and see if these ideas get accepted.
Back to top Go down
tethys
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: Olympus Field Trips and the Labyrinth?   Olympus Field Trips and the Labyrinth? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 12:05 pm

I like the idea of someone role-playing as the minotaur. :]
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: Olympus Field Trips and the Labyrinth?   Olympus Field Trips and the Labyrinth? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 12:07 pm

Yeah, I agree. I actually like it better than my whole "experience" idea. xD
Back to top Go down
tethys
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: Olympus Field Trips and the Labyrinth?   Olympus Field Trips and the Labyrinth? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 12:10 pm

I think we should have a quest in the labyrinth, instead of sending people down there monthly or something. Unless they had some way to know where they were going, no one would want to go into the labyrinth xD
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: Olympus Field Trips and the Labyrinth?   Olympus Field Trips and the Labyrinth? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 12:15 pm

I answered that on the previous page, Wish. (:
Back to top Go down
tethys
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: Olympus Field Trips and the Labyrinth?   Olympus Field Trips and the Labyrinth? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 12:16 pm

Oh, sorry xD
I missed the last part, my bad~
Back to top Go down
Bre Bre

PostSubject: Re: Olympus Field Trips and the Labyrinth?   Olympus Field Trips and the Labyrinth? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 1:14 pm

It's alright. xD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Olympus Field Trips and the Labyrinth?   Olympus Field Trips and the Labyrinth? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 9:56 pm

Well, I think it would be kind of unlikely that they'd be taking field trips while they're in the middle of a war, but I like the idea! It'd be kind of fun - I like the minotaur idea too. xD
Back to top Go down
#Megz
Experienced Poster
#Megz

Location : None of yo damn buisness....probably at a party though...

PostSubject: Re: Olympus Field Trips and the Labyrinth?   Olympus Field Trips and the Labyrinth? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 11:57 pm

i think th e labyrinth thing is a good idea and maybe luke could recruit people for the titan army(secretly) and they would follow him in the labyrinth or something like that? idk i just really want to be evil for some reason. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Olympus Field Trips and the Labyrinth?   Olympus Field Trips and the Labyrinth? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Olympus Field Trips and the Labyrinth?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next