Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

If You Go Down Into The Labyrinth Today, You're Sure Of A Big Surprise. If You Go Down Into The Labyrinth Today, You'd Better Go In Disguise [Quest]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

If You Go Down Into The Labyrinth Today, You're Sure Of A Big Surprise. If You Go Down Into The Labyrinth Today, You'd Better Go In Disguise [Quest] Empty
PostSubject: If You Go Down Into The Labyrinth Today, You're Sure Of A Big Surprise. If You Go Down Into The Labyrinth Today, You'd Better Go In Disguise [Quest]   If You Go Down Into The Labyrinth Today, You're Sure Of A Big Surprise. If You Go Down Into The Labyrinth Today, You'd Better Go In Disguise [Quest] I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 12:31 pm

This is a ridiculous quest.
That thought was pretty much all that was going through my mind, walking through the darkness with only the light of three dim flashlights to guide us. How stupid could you get? In a Labyrinth trying to find what? Lost demigods or something? And why I'd been chosen, I had no idea.
Kicking a rock which my foot encountered, I heard it skitter along the ground, though if it had hit one of the people with me, that would have been great.
And the people who were with me! For Gods sake, I didn't even know them. One was named Taylor Brooks, and apparently she was a Daughter of Khione. The other was named Alec Hunter? Whatever, but he was a child of Hades. They obviously knew no more about me then I knew about them, unless they were stalkers.

'Quite dark down here, isn't it?' I said dryly to the gloom, so bored that to pick a fight seemed the only option.
And my cat! Smudge obviously couldn't come with me, even if he'd wanted to. The white cat had followed me to the entrance, but as soon as it had opened he'd scampered off. I'd yelled "COWARD!" after him of course, but did the cat stop to even say goodbye? No. He just left.
I am never feeding that cat again.
Until I came back a girl named Rayne was caring for my Kitty. Of course I had no idea why, since the cat and her dog had had a near fatal meeting the only time they met, but hey. At least Smudge wasn't gonna die of starvation while I was gone.

Kicking another rock, I let out a sigh of frustration. This whole thing was crap. Why did I even have to come?
Cause you were chosen duh.
The worst part was the Prophecy. We hadn't received one for the job we were sent on. It was a job not a quest. But yet, the night before I'd left to come into this ugly, disgusting, Labyrinth with these people I didn't know.
Even though I didn't want to remember it, I did. I remembered the Prophecy which seemed really really... dark? Stupid? All of the above?

Three half bloods are called to line,
All with lineage as old as time.
Frost melds together, Death hides power,
Contention burns bright in the heart of fire.
Red and gold returns from drab,
Seer holds truth, yet cursed with neglect.
Obstacles will try their skills,
Mark their aspects and iron their will.
For the end that comes; words bury deep,
To battle a Daemon and warriors of sheep.

Frost? Death? Contention? Seer? Sheep? The sheep was obviously the worst part of the whole prophecy. Like seriously. Sheep. If I had to fight sheep, then I'd probably just walk away, cause seriously. Sheep are not a danger to humanity.

I was wearing typical clothes, just grey tracksuit bottoms and a T-Shirt I didn't even know what it said. I had on a hoodie, and in my rucksack my leather jacket was tucked safely away. No one would ever expect me to go on a quest without my leather jacket. Really.
My shoes were just plain old converse, white though you wouldn't be able to see that in the gloom.
And my hair was tied back in a messy ponytail, simply cause it was easier than wearing it down. I'd heard stories about the Labyrinth. It held monsters and other things. I was not having my hair pulled out cause of a stupid monster.

Pulling out the small cardboard box in my hoodie pocket, I fumbled with my flashlight and the box for a second before pulling out a Cigarette, and slipping the box carefully back into my hoodie. If I lost my box, I'd probably have a tantrum. Even I knew that.
Putting the cigarette in my mouth, I juggled the light with the lighter I'd pulled out of my pants pocket, lighting my cig carefully without burning my fingers, and slipping the lighter in after the box.
Now.
With one hand holding my precious light, I took the cigarette out of my mouth and blew out a puff of smoke, smiling slightly and taking another drag.

I did however stumble then, when one of my comrades- or annoyers as I liked to personally think of them- stepped on my toe and sent me into the wall.
Assuming it was the one I'd known was nearest, I let out another frustrated smile and turned to Taylor the frosty girl.
'Look icecream. Step on my foot again and I will make that monster of a hairdo worse than it already is. Honestly, this cigarette is worth much more than that color.'

OOC: Lazy with Coding
Clothes: Here
Theme: Teddy Bears Picnic ;)
RP Partner/s: Saph & Summer <33

Last edited by Faith Lehane on Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://tombraiders.tumblr.com
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

If You Go Down Into The Labyrinth Today, You're Sure Of A Big Surprise. If You Go Down Into The Labyrinth Today, You'd Better Go In Disguise [Quest] Empty
PostSubject: Re: If You Go Down Into The Labyrinth Today, You're Sure Of A Big Surprise. If You Go Down Into The Labyrinth Today, You'd Better Go In Disguise [Quest]   If You Go Down Into The Labyrinth Today, You're Sure Of A Big Surprise. If You Go Down Into The Labyrinth Today, You'd Better Go In Disguise [Quest] I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 1:27 pm

xTaylor Brooks
xDarkness. Nothing but complete utter darkness. Well, there were three small beams of light barely illuminating the musty path before them, but the darkness was still overwhelming. And it pissed Taylor off, among other things.

Even with her red-orange hair bunched up in a high ponytail, she still needed to flick a few stray strands to the side to prevent them from getting into her eyes - an annoying habit she was beginning to develop. A few minutes ago - or was it already hours? - she took off her white hoodie and tied it around her waist because the extra heat was just killing her. Now, she only had on a loose black shirt one size too big with 'Hello Cold World' across the front in white block letters plus a pair of skinny jeans. Said jeans were also starting to get on her nerves, considering that it was just so freaking hot in here and the way the fabric clung to her legs did not make that feeling any more pleasant.

But then, those were not the only things that got on her nerves. With these two demigods she barely knew, she had been tasked to go through the Labyrinth and look for lost demigods. As to why they would send an amnesiac girl to some sort of underground maze, she still could not understand. They said it was actually an advantage on her part since she had no memories so the Labyrinth would affect her in the least possible way. Taylor would have given that guy who said that a knuckle sandwich if not for the presence of Chiron. Wise Chiron. The supposedly wise centaur who agreed with the terms and sent her off. Oh no, Taylor, your memories can wait, she thought darkly. Trying to remember stuff isn't a high priority. Now go with these two strangers and enter that scary place to look for people who might not even exist.

Taylor huffed impatiently, swatting her bangs away for the nth time. Wishing she brought a smaller and lighter bag, she adjusted her hold on her grungy Jansport and trudged on. Frowning, she aimed her flashlight at the walls to her left. They did not even look interesting - just plain muddy brown slabs that were probably a thousand years old. Taylor started when she thought she saw something sticking out, only to realize that they were roots. The walls were so old that trees were growing around it. Great.

Too absorbed in her thoughts, Taylor did not realize how she subconsciously quickened her pace until she stepped on something that was certainly not the maze floor. She stopped in her tracks just as the other person - Rana - did. Her lips mashed into a thin line. Here was another person which seemed to add to her growing frustrations. The guy trailing behind them, Alec if she remembered correctly, seemed fairly decent but this girl was entirely another story. Speaking in scathing tones that were only asking for fights, the rebellious teenager was not quite the ideal companion for this seemingly pointless journey. To make matters worse, Rana had just begun smoking in this very closed area. Just fricking great.

"Wow, real scary. I'm so scared that I'll pee myself... not," Taylor said flatly, fighting the urge to roll her eyes. "Could you like throw that thing away? The smell's bad enough. Or are you so fed up that you'd want to kill yourself?"

Taylor shone her flashlight around her as she spoke, shoulders sagging a little when she realized that there was nothing new. Only the same old muddy walls. Her footsteps echoed in the almost empty corridors. "Keep walking. The sooner we get out of this place, the better."
i'm bulletproof, nothing to lose
Back to top Go down
http://phoenixsapphire.deviantart.com
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

PostSubject: Re: If You Go Down Into The Labyrinth Today, You're Sure Of A Big Surprise. If You Go Down Into The Labyrinth Today, You'd Better Go In Disguise [Quest]   If You Go Down Into The Labyrinth Today, You're Sure Of A Big Surprise. If You Go Down Into The Labyrinth Today, You'd Better Go In Disguise [Quest] I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 8:04 am

AlexanderHunter
Son of Hades | Ruler of the Underworld

“Don't tempt Darkness, or Death. You don't know its insane infinity.”

into the maze, looking for chaos

Alec had a problem. A huge problem. It wasn't that he was sent on this pointless mission in a task team to find lost demigods. It wasn't even that there was no light except for a mini flashlight which didn't really help much because he could see anyway. It was that he had returned to the freaking labyrinth. The pressing sides, winding, changing paths. The hidden things that lurked at every corner. It took more than seven days for Chiron to convince him to go. And he wouldn't have if his sister hadn't told him he had to face his fears one day.

There is something more to this, Alec thought. Something more to their journey than just a trip. His instincts nagged at him, but he couldn't figure out what was wrong. Apart from them being in the labyrinth, that is. Not only that. A matter had been bugging him. Something he should have remembered yet he had hated everything so much at that point of time: his mind had blocked it out. Sent him in denial. Forced him to ignore it. Frankly, Alec wouldn't have wanted to remember it himself, given a choice. But he knew that this wasn't simply a journey as a task team.

As his thoughts overwhelmed him, Alec suddenly realised that he was shadewalking. Again. The thing that got him into that whole mess years ago. He had melted into the shadows unconsciously, though it wasn't completely his fault since the labyrinth was relatively dark and he was indeed feeling a little edgy. Giving a sigh, he shoved off the cloak of darkness, abruptly appearing once again beside his teammates. Yeah great, my teammates. There was a daughter of Khione with strikingly reddish-orange hair, but she wasn't who he was miffed about. His other teammate was a smoker. Alec absolutely was not going to bear with that in silence for the whole of their mission.

"Look, if you want a slow and particularly painful death you could've just asked me. Don't pull us down with you too." Alec finally stated, referring to her smoking habit.

ROLEPLAY STATS
partner(s): Twin, Div | muse: 110%
OOC: omg Rana's already smoking. Idk what will happen but Alec absolutely cannot stand that so be prepared rofl.

character's mood: disturbed.
this character of summer's is labelled highly dangerous with issues. engage roleplay at your own risk.
layout code and design by sapphire at graphix galore | colour scheme by summer

Last edited by Summer on Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://shadow-charmer.deviantart.com/
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: If You Go Down Into The Labyrinth Today, You're Sure Of A Big Surprise. If You Go Down Into The Labyrinth Today, You'd Better Go In Disguise [Quest]   If You Go Down Into The Labyrinth Today, You're Sure Of A Big Surprise. If You Go Down Into The Labyrinth Today, You'd Better Go In Disguise [Quest] I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 8:51 am

Raising an eyebrow to the only other girl on this godsforsaken job, I took another deliberate drag. Then I breathed it out slowly, smiling at her "nicely".
'Look, Popsicle. Its bad enough I needed to leave my cat behind because he's a massive coward, but under no circumstances am I leaving behind cigarettes. Its called "Addiction." Look it up.'
Another deliberate drag and puff of smoke, and I continued.
'Plus, until I get to walk away from this ridiculous Labyrinth, this enclosed space? Equally mine as it is yours, and yours,' I said, inclining to Alec.

'Awww, is Alexis getting annoyed too? Yeah, I really don't care. The sooner the both of you,' I pointed to each of them with the cigarette, 'Learn to deal with it, the sooner we'll get along- Actually, I don't like any of you, so we'll probably never "Get Along" but at least you will have learned to deal with my smoking! Which will be great for you two.'
Then turning back to Taylor the Icecream Popsicle girl, I barked out a laugh, shaking my head.
'You realize we're probably here for ages right? Time moves differently in the Labyrinth, if you didn't know that already. So when we get out, it might only have been like a week? Likely its gonna feel much, much longer to us. So there's no "Sooner" about it.'
Then I turned on my heel and walked away.

I continued walking, flashing the light around in a full circle. The wall was exactly the same as earlier, earthy, muddy tunnel type thing. Roots sticking out every so often, totally unremarkable. Now, if the roots would start to move, then I would find it if not remarkable, than ever so slightly interesting. And it would even give me the chance of a lifetime, to see how the two losers I was stuck with for ever how long could fight. It would completely suck if we were on this job type thing and neither of them could fight well. If that happened, I as walking away. No goodbyes or nothing, I'd be done with this.

Taking another drag of the cigarette, I turned a muddy corner, aiming the torch up this time, making sure nothing was gonna come down from the ceiling. Which would have been awesome, but still.
That was why I did not see the bleached white skeleton lying across the tunnel.
Falling over its torso, I barely managed to put my hands out before I hit the ground, cigarette skittering from my right hand. The flashlight was still in my left hand though, and it hit the ground and dug into my hand.
'Ow,' I muttered, turning and sitting down on the ground facing the skeleton, my hands cut and bruised from the ground, my knees obviously not that much better.
'You are so paying for another smoke, buddy,' I growled at the skeleton, aiming a poor kick to the thing nearest me, the leg bone.
Though I wasn't too bothered about my companions, so I just let them be instead of warning them. if they fell too I'd find it amusing.

OOC: Lazy with Coding
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: If You Go Down Into The Labyrinth Today, You're Sure Of A Big Surprise. If You Go Down Into The Labyrinth Today, You'd Better Go In Disguise [Quest]   If You Go Down Into The Labyrinth Today, You're Sure Of A Big Surprise. If You Go Down Into The Labyrinth Today, You'd Better Go In Disguise [Quest] I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 9:30 am

xTaylor Brooks
xTaylor felt her hackles rising. What on earth had she done to get stuck with this conceited girl? Was this karma for something she did before her memories got wiped? Waving away the smoke that could give her lung cancer, Taylor shot Rana an icy glare. "Hear anyone forcing you to stay? Nah, didn't think so. And in case you haven't noticed, you're outnumbered two-to-one here, so I suggest that you break your 'addiction' before I stick that cigarette up your ass."

Letting her ray of light flicker towards the unending walls, Taylor let that comment about the time slide. She did not know that of course, what with her stupid memory-wipe, but no way in hell was she going to say that aloud. She did not know these people and she especially did not like sharing precious information about herself to a punk. Come to think of it, how did someone like Rana end up with this job anyway? She did not strike her as the type to volunteer - that much was obvious. Taylor wondered why she was taking the lead as well. Well, maybe it was more of an advantage on her and Alec's part. At least Rana would be the first in line if some unwanted creature went barreling towards them. The thought brought a rare sinister smile to the daughter of Khione's lips, and with what happened next, she made no move to resist the urge to snort.

"Well, looks like I don't have to stick anything up your ass now," she remarked smugly, flashing the light at the now useless cigarette before switching to the girl's face. The sight of her on the ground with bruised hands and knees elated her even if only for moment. Still snickering, she aimed the flashlight back at the floor only to stop dead in her tracks. She blanched a little. Was that an actual human skeleton? "Well crap," Taylor said. "That could be one of the people we're trying to find."
Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

PostSubject: Re: If You Go Down Into The Labyrinth Today, You're Sure Of A Big Surprise. If You Go Down Into The Labyrinth Today, You'd Better Go In Disguise [Quest]   If You Go Down Into The Labyrinth Today, You're Sure Of A Big Surprise. If You Go Down Into The Labyrinth Today, You'd Better Go In Disguise [Quest] I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 12:29 pm

AlexanderHunter

title of roleplay

"If you follow the root path to the diamond one, you'll get out easily. So please do," Alec remarked neutrally. If she kept it up he'll have to do something about it.

Alec didn't even bother laughing. It was an accident, and smokers weren't worth his effort - though what amused him more was Rana's useless act of kicking the skeleton. He was contemplating Taylor's other statement. It wasn't too possible. In these conditions, a human body takes about ten to fifteen years to decompose to its bleached bone state. "Time travels differently in the labyrinth, but not that fast. Unless there was a reason to."

Ignoring the skeleton, he looked at the new pathway.  The walls were lined with waving shrubs and embedded with pearls. Further along the narrow and dim corridor were a series of openings leading to various places. He was about to run his hand over the smooth orbs, when suddenly he felt something. Alec whipped his head back, staring at the fallen demigod, listening intently, before asking in a strained tone. "What did you set off?" But without waiting for a reply, he beckoned to the other two campers, gesturing to one of the dark passages.

"Something's coming." The daughter of Eris had probably triggered a warning to whatever that inhabited that area of the maze. Now it was coming towards them, no doubt to get rid of the trespassers. It awakened old memories in the son of Hades, reminding him of the torturous months trapped in the never-ending darkness. Alec could feel the vibrations in the ground. Whatever that was coming was heavy and fast. They had to get away now.

ROLEPLAY STATS
partner(s): someone | muse: 100%
OOC: I'm scared T_T

character's mood: hidden
this character of summer's is labelled highly dangerous with issues. engage roleplay at your own risk.

Last edited by Summer on Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:45 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: If You Go Down Into The Labyrinth Today, You're Sure Of A Big Surprise. If You Go Down Into The Labyrinth Today, You'd Better Go In Disguise [Quest]   If You Go Down Into The Labyrinth Today, You're Sure Of A Big Surprise. If You Go Down Into The Labyrinth Today, You'd Better Go In Disguise [Quest] I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 1:37 pm

I smirked as the girl waved away the smoke, just taking another drag and breathing out more of that "harmful" smoke. Hm. How much smoke would cigars give off? I'd have to look into that if I ever got out of this stupid tunnel.
'And who said I'd like to leave? Doing someone who I don't hate a favor here apparently. Though I do admit I wasn't happy to be asked.'
Mostly the truth. I didn't hate Chiron. He'd been good to me, as had Albert the Satyr. They'd been kind after what I'd been through.
'Hm. They do say Diamonds are a girls best friend though,' I threw at Alec, not really happy with it as a come back to be quite honest.
'How about I keep smoking, and you learn to deal? Cause that threat was hilarious, but did not strike fear into my heart.'

However the whole "Rana Tripped Over A Skeleton Hahahahaha" thing was probably the one thing I couldn't stand.
'Oh haha. I'm just dying of laughter,' I scowled, gripping a conveniently placed root and pulling myself up, making a face as the cuts on my hands began to sting.
Rubbing them on my pants, I couldn't even bring myself to pull up my bottoms in case the cuts were actually bad.
Instead I stood on the cigarette, stubbing out the small flame at the end of the white. At least now there was absolutely no chance we'd burn to death from a careless cigarette butt. Not so much a butt as a stick.
Turning back to the skeleton, I raised an eyebrow to the reddish haired girl, and nodded in agreement to Alec.
'Unfortunately agreeing with Sir Death here. Time moves differently, but someone that we're looking for wouldn't have been dead that long, and wouldn't have had time to become just bones. Its possible for a body to decompose within a year in the right environment, but its equally possible for a body to last thousands, maybe millions, of years if its in like the arctic or buried beneath a river or something. The point is,' I knelt and picked up a finger bone with my sleeve covering my hand, 'No meat left. Just bleached white bones. So it would have been here longer than the time-span we're looking at.'

Still holding poor Bob's finger bone, I turned at the same time as Alec, following his gaze and looking at the wall.
'Hm... pearls,' I muttered, not in the slightest tempted to reach out and touch one.
Pearls were not my thing. Sapphire, Amethyst, Jade and Silver. Not Pearls. Diamonds were also not my thing. Something about how they were so cold and so hard. The hardest stone in the world. And Pearls were just freaky, how they were made from like a grain of sand.
"What did you set off?" Alec asked me in a strained tone, and I blanched, dropping the finger bone on the ground.
'Me? What did I set off? I didn't set off anything! You were the one to continue... and nearly touch one of those pearls!'
'Somethings coming,' I repeated, slow on the uptake.

However when my mind caught up to the moment, I was already moving, jumping over the skeleton and running down the corridor which certainly hadn't been there before. I ignored the protest of my knees as I strained the fresh wounds, not really caring.
'Well what are you two waiting for?' I thrown over my shoulder just before setting off, actually hoping they'd taken heed and followed.
Not that I was coming to like the sarcasm. Of course not.
But when I came to a junction, I stopped dead, torn between what way to go. If I took the wrong turn, I could be running straight into a trap of arrows or something.
Behind me I could hear Alec shouting to go left, so obviously I did the natural thing. I took off down the right turn. Never gonna follow what you say Hades Dude.
But then, at the very end of the new tunnel, I came to a large circular room. It was lit by a small shaft of light coming from a vent on the ceiling.
No other way out though.
Cursing, I turned, looking around the full circle of a room, sure that there must be some kind of exit, some kind of way out, but there wasn't.
'Ah hell,' I muttered.

OOC: I can change it if you guys want ;)
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: If You Go Down Into The Labyrinth Today, You're Sure Of A Big Surprise. If You Go Down Into The Labyrinth Today, You'd Better Go In Disguise [Quest]   If You Go Down Into The Labyrinth Today, You're Sure Of A Big Surprise. If You Go Down Into The Labyrinth Today, You'd Better Go In Disguise [Quest] I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 8:26 am

xTaylor Brooks
xTaylor cringed as Rana went to pick up a fingerbone. How disgusting. It irked her to some extent how both of her teammates seemed to agree on one thing, but it would take more than that to convince her. As she stared at the bleached bones, another thought occurred to her. "No meat. Nothing but bones," she observed. "What if our friend here ended up as a monster Happy Meal? What if he got licked clean by some horrid creature - "

She cut off quickly, and what happened next almost seemed to prove her new theory. The ground started to shake with heavy footsteps and before she knew it, Rana was already on her feet. Following suit, Taylor tried hard to ignore the sudden wariness brought on by the pearl-lined pathway. So many paths ahead of them... how would they know which to take? How would they know which path would lead to safety and which would end in a monster's waiting jaws? It was not like they had a choice, she reminded herself. They had to keep moving or else whatever it was that caught on to their scent would have a very full stomach. Soon enough, Taylor's worst fears were confirmed. The path they took broke off into two and she skidded into a stop behind Rana.

Taylor heard Alec suggest the left fork and inwardly agreed. She respected the son of Hades' judgment. But then, it did not seem like Rana did. The daughter of Eris veered to the opposite direction. Wait, what? "Where the hell are you going?!" Taylor yelled after her. She cursed under her breath. Either Rana had trouble with simple left and right or she wanted to be some kind of rebel who would get themselves killed. With a heavy sigh, Taylor sped off after her. There really was no other choice, and to tell the truth, she would rather stick together than let one of their teammates go alone. Even if it was Rana.

A few moments later, she found herself in a circular room that did not look any less dangerous than the path they took. Taylor was bristling when she turned to Rana. "Are you deaf? He fricking said left!" Still fuming, she let her eyes wander to the circumference of the room. A cold sense of dread washed over her. The place was empty - seemed empty, but there was something off in here...

ROOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR!!!

The hairs on the back of Taylor's neck rose. The sound did not come from whatever it was that chased them to this room. It came from the inside.

ooc: @twin: we powerplayed alec for that left thing we agreed on so hope you don't mind :3
Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

PostSubject: Re: If You Go Down Into The Labyrinth Today, You're Sure Of A Big Surprise. If You Go Down Into The Labyrinth Today, You'd Better Go In Disguise [Quest]   If You Go Down Into The Labyrinth Today, You're Sure Of A Big Surprise. If You Go Down Into The Labyrinth Today, You'd Better Go In Disguise [Quest] I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 12:40 pm

AlexanderHunter

into the realm of deepest fear

Alec followed suit, bringing up the rear. Then through the dim tunnel laden with runes, came a fork. All of a sudden, he recognised the place - for they were nearing another exit of the labyrinth, the one in a desert. The Chihuahuan Desert to be exact. And eager as he was to get out of the labyrinth, even into a drastically changing climate, he had no desire to face the things at the mouth of the exit. Yet his advice to turn left had been ignored, unsurprisingly, leading them to the cylindrical room he dreaded. He had no choice but to follow them into the room, while the thumping of their pursuer faded to the right.

Alec stopped a little behind the campers, looking up at the ceiling. There wasn't a ceiling exactly, unless you counted the roof of an abandoned well Empire State Buildings above the ceiling. The room was circular and the smooth walls rose up higher than one could see. Light streamed in from a hole at the mouth of the well, which was miles above and looked tiny from his position. It may have seemed quite harmless a room, but the scorch marks on the walls told him otherwise. And of course, the fact that there was only one proper door out and enormous holes on the walls stories above. This place is obviously not meant for humans to inhabit frequently.

A thunderous roar sounded from above. The tunnel lit up with the glow of fire. Flapping of wings quickly ensued. Alec looked up, resigned, watching the form of a Chimera make its way down. The gusts of wind from its wings slammed the door shut, its powerful roar causing rocks to tumble out of the gaping fissures above. "What do you suggest we do now, Genius? Dig a hole perhaps? I hope you know that means down." Dry sarcasm dripped from Alec's tone as he surveyed the environment around him for possible ways to escape. His eyes fell on something a little behind the daughter of Khione.

ROLEPLAY STATS
partner(s): div, twin | muse: 140%

character's mood: resignation

Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: If You Go Down Into The Labyrinth Today, You're Sure Of A Big Surprise. If You Go Down Into The Labyrinth Today, You'd Better Go In Disguise [Quest]   If You Go Down Into The Labyrinth Today, You're Sure Of A Big Surprise. If You Go Down Into The Labyrinth Today, You'd Better Go In Disguise [Quest] I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 8:18 am

'Maybe saving my hide?' I muttered in reply to Taylor's shout.
Oh yeah! How smart Popsicle. Shout to give all the monsters who don't know we're here a sporting chance! I mean, running for your life is only good when you have something to run from right?
'Stupid people,' I growled, continuing down my path. Don't you count as one of those stupid people Ra?

The room had no other exits. No. Other. Exits.
Oh crap..
"Are you deaf? He fricking said left!"
Oooo Icecreams annoyed. Well, she probably only had a few more minutes to be annoyed. Stupid decisions Rana. Stupid decisions get you into these problems.
Well why not entertain her anger and annoy-ness
'Oooooh. The other left? I thought he meant this left. Anyways, who said you had to follow me? Why didn't you just go the other left?'

ROOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR!!!

Aaaaah very bad decisions
As the Chimera flapped in (Really melodramatic seeing as though all it wanted was to eat us), I raised an unpressed eyebrow and turned to Alec.
'Well, feel free to dig a whole and die if I'm right, but wouldn't this be the moment to... Oh, I don't know, attack the Chimmie?'
Then sighing I pulled the necklace which had been hanging around my neck off, slipping off the silver ring which had been hanging on it and sliding the chain into my hoodie pocket. Tapping the ring which was engraved with the letters αντιζηλία and carved with a Golden Apple symbol, I was holding my knife within in a few seconds.
Too bad I couldn't have had a smoke before this.
And as the Chimmie growled I ran forward, trying to get behind the ugliest monster I had ever seen in my life.

Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: If You Go Down Into The Labyrinth Today, You're Sure Of A Big Surprise. If You Go Down Into The Labyrinth Today, You'd Better Go In Disguise [Quest]   If You Go Down Into The Labyrinth Today, You're Sure Of A Big Surprise. If You Go Down Into The Labyrinth Today, You'd Better Go In Disguise [Quest] I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 9:01 am

xTaylor Brooks
xAnd I thought that this couldn't possibly get worse.

Taylor watched the chimera descend in a flurry of thickening smoke. A beast with lion and goat heads, a snake tail and unusually enough a pair of great eagle wings, the monster could have been majestic or even graceful in a different time and circumstance. But instead of gaping at it like some mesmerized idiot, Taylor moved just in time to avoid the rockfall it caused. She threw a look over her shoulder and to her dismay, the boulders barricaded the door - the only exit. They were trapped in this hellhole with a fire-breathing beast that was just dying to barbecue them. Well isn't that a comforting thought.

Taylor saw Rana run towards the chimera carrying nothing but a knife. A knife. She almost groaned. "Do you have a death wish?" she muttered, tapping her ring. The familiar light blue sword, Snowflake, materialized in her hand. Plated with never-melting ice that served no actual purpose but decoration, the sword did not seem a much better option than Rana's knife. At least it's a little longer, Taylor thought, gripping the handle so tightly that the whites of her knuckles showed.

Taylor was not sure where her abilities with the sword stood after her memory-wipe, but she doubted that she already reached whatever level she had in the past. That was not exactly reassuring but all the same, Taylor ducked as the chimera growled and swooped down, barely missing Rana. Taking a wild swing, she felt something hard connect with her blade but the force was not enough to even cause a scratch in the monster's thick hide. The chimera withdrew upwards and with another booming roar, unleashed a jet of flame. Although Taylor was not close enough to be hit, she could still feel the searing heat on her exposed skin and winced as she hoped that none of her allies were fried. A child of Khione did not bode well with fire.

Gritting her teeth, she looked back up and grimaced. How were they supposed to beat this thing?
Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

PostSubject: Re: If You Go Down Into The Labyrinth Today, You're Sure Of A Big Surprise. If You Go Down Into The Labyrinth Today, You'd Better Go In Disguise [Quest]   If You Go Down Into The Labyrinth Today, You're Sure Of A Big Surprise. If You Go Down Into The Labyrinth Today, You'd Better Go In Disguise [Quest] I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 8:24 am

AlexanderHunter

“Don't tempt the Unknown. You don't know its insane infinity.”

where you expect the unexpected

Alec barely had time to roll out of the way of the falling rocks and sand when a thick stream of flame was fired towards him. He ducked, feeling the heat radiating inches above his head. It probably singed his hair, but that wasn't his most taxing worry right now. His sword appeared in his hand, the stygian blade sharp as fear, dark as night. Somewhere in his shirt, the chain that hung around his neck reduced in weight, now only holding a ring. As the Chimera swooped down again, Alec sidestepped and slashed at its snake tail. It reared back, too quickly for him.

He darted nearer to the thing he saw behind Taylor. The Chimera flashed its tail towards him again, while its head battled the other demigods. It was almost as if it didn't want him there. Too slow to decapitate the snake, he sent a hard blast of dirt from the sandy floor at the creature, causing it to flinch. Alec twisted away from the thrashing thing that was trying to land a bite on him and nearly fell into a hole, his foot scraping the side of rotting wood before he lifted it out and on solid ground once more. Phew. That was close.

The tail was on him again. "Would you just stop." Alec muttered mindlessly, trying to distract himself from the menacing fangs that dripped poison, "Don't you eat rats or something. I'm not a rat. Stop trying to eat me." It sprang. He flicked the deadly sword upwards, cutting through half the lightning creature. It gave aggrieved hissing snarl as the Chimera howled. It turned, leaping in the air directly for him. Alec dropped immediately, bruising his knee in the process. It sailed over him and he took the chance to stab upwards at its belly. The creature flew out of reach however, and the son of Hades only managed a moderately deep slash on the thigh of its back leg. Blood splattered the ground. It unleashed a thunderous roar all the same.

Suddenly, Alec was shoved forward. He staggered a few steps, feeling a burning, searing pain cut through his shoulder. He realised that the tip of the Chimera's wing had clipped his shoulder, slicing his shirt open and drawing blood. He had no idea how deep it was, but it didn't matter now, they were hopefully almost out of there.

He noticed the daughter of Khione stepping back, near the hole he almost fell into. Uh oh. It was in fact, part of the rotting wood that had fallen away from a once solid trapdoor. If the wood wasn't strong enough, it would give way under her weight. Alec knew it led to out but he had no idea how far the drop was. "Taylor watch out!

ROLEPLAY STATS
partner(s): div, twin | muse: 80%
i am so so sorry you have no idea D:

character's mood: near relief

Spoiler:

Last edited by Summer on Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:56 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: If You Go Down Into The Labyrinth Today, You're Sure Of A Big Surprise. If You Go Down Into The Labyrinth Today, You'd Better Go In Disguise [Quest]   If You Go Down Into The Labyrinth Today, You're Sure Of A Big Surprise. If You Go Down Into The Labyrinth Today, You'd Better Go In Disguise [Quest] I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 1:47 pm

You know, sometimes I wonder about your sanity. You bring a freaking knife into the Labyrinth. Yeah Rana, that's a smart idea. Not. Couldn't even bring a spear or shield or sword or something. Maybe an axe. Something that might actually be useful? But no, Rana Jackson brings her knife, and only a knife, and then of course all luck runs out and you, along with Taylor and Alec, come face too face with a Chimera.
Shut up.
That stupid internal voice that always followed me around wouldn't leave me alone to concentrate, and I was already in a bad enough situation. It was right of course, about the whole knife thing. But the nice thing to do would have been let me at least concentrate on the matter at hand. Meaning the Chimmie trying to eat us all.
Stop complaining. You chose your weapon. Your fault. Shut up. Now.

I moved as quick as I could to the left as the Chimera swooped down low and attempted to eat me or whatever it was that the thing was planning. It barely missed, and I felt the sudden movement of the air around me.
That was too close for comfort. Way too close for comfort
The good thing about my move to the left was that it brought me further away from the Chimmie as it let out a sudden blast of flame. The heat... even though if was meters away I could feel it on my skin, could hear the roar of it.
Nope nope nope, not getting any closer to the thing again. Sort of have too, idiot.

I gave myself a second to pull my thoughts together and push that annoying voice into a cupboard and lock the door.
Okay. A knife. Not much damage can be done with that. You need some force behind something so small to do any sort of damage. And you are not as strong as someone with an incredible amount of muscles is.
Seeing Alec coming up behind the monster, where its tail was, I made the choice to focus on the front. Moving forward, I dodged against another snap of its iron-strong jaws and attempted to hit the thing on its shoulder or side or something. The knife made the barest bit of contact, and I had to jump away from another snap, cursing how I hadn't been able to get close enough.
I stumbled, falling down awkwardly on my ankle, just as Alec let out his shout.
"Taylor watch out!"
I could see the redhead stepping back, dangerously close to a black spot which I realized was a hole. If she was too fall....
Uh oh...

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If You Go Down Into The Labyrinth Today, You're Sure Of A Big Surprise. If You Go Down Into The Labyrinth Today, You'd Better Go In Disguise [Quest]   If You Go Down Into The Labyrinth Today, You're Sure Of A Big Surprise. If You Go Down Into The Labyrinth Today, You'd Better Go In Disguise [Quest] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

If You Go Down Into The Labyrinth Today, You're Sure Of A Big Surprise. If You Go Down Into The Labyrinth Today, You'd Better Go In Disguise [Quest]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half Blood :: Miscellaneous :: Graveyard-
Jump to: