Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

OMG!!! ANOTHER BOOK!!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Baby Lex
Experienced Poster
Baby Lex

OMG!!! ANOTHER BOOK!!! Empty
PostSubject: OMG!!! ANOTHER BOOK!!!   OMG!!! ANOTHER BOOK!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 8:32 pm

Alrighty, Im writing a book. This book has Whatsername's character, Emily Way, and my character, A.J. Whatsername loves it, so post a reply of what you think. Ill post chapters depending on your reaction. Here you go:

Introduction

A.J.

Before I get this story rolling, let me set something straight. Emily, Colin, and I are not normal. We have special powers. Like, Greek myth powers. Why? Because we are what you may call "demigods". Demigods, or commonly called half-bloods, are part kid, part Olympian. If you want to know more, then read the rest of the book. Duh. Well before I start sounding like a boring history teacher, let me tell you about me and my friends. First off, me. A.J. Carter. How would I describe myelf? One word: awesome. Other than that, I have shoulder length black hair that CONSTANTLY bothers me, always getting in my face. My eyes are a piercing blue. I get that from my mom. I would say Im tall, about 6' 3'', with bulging muscles. Just kidding. Semi bulging. Anyway, I wear a Ramones tshirt and blue jeans. Simple. Oh, and black Air Jordans. I am good looking. Or at least, thats what I think.

Emily Way. My friend who is a girl. Not a girlfriend. She has long black hair down to her midback. Her eyes are a less peircing cobalt. Her skin is kinda pale, sorta albino. Em usually wears athletic clothing, like Nike shorts. Apparently her dad is Gerard Way, singer for My Chemical Romance. Never heard of 'em. We are best buds. Like peanut butter and jelly. Milk and cookies. Peas and carrots. You get the idea.

Colin Glace. My best boy bud. He is 16, like me and Emily. Sorta looks like a skater kid, with his brown helmet hair and his braces. He has brown eyes, hidden behind aviator sunglasses. You know, the kind police wear. Flannel shirts are his style, whether red ans black, or blue and pink. Again, skater kid. He usually gets all the girls. But Im way cooler. Always was. His hair flips annoy me so much sometimes. When I try, all I get is hair in my face again. I end up tucking my hair behind my ear like a girl. Were more like Hot Fudge and ice cream. Sometimes you have one without the other.

Now that you know about me and my friends, you are now able to read this book. Still confused? Itll get clearer. Trust me. One word before you start. Good luck. Your life is about to get way more tough.

How do ya like it?
Back to top Go down
Baby Lex
Experienced Poster
Baby Lex

PostSubject: Re: OMG!!! ANOTHER BOOK!!!   OMG!!! ANOTHER BOOK!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 12:57 pm

Chapter One

"A.J! Duck!" Emily called out, her black hair flowing in the high wind, loading an arrow in her bow. Her gold top glimmered in the sun. I ducked just in time to hear an arrow whiz an inch above my head and hit a dracaena square in hers. She dissolved to dust instantly. You probably already know, but a dracaena is a snake woman. Half beautiful woman, half snake. Instead of legs, she has double snake trunks. I stand up, brushing my knees off. Emily walks up to me and we do our handshake- hi five left hand, hi five right, pound left, pound right, all hands together then bring it down then back up.

"Alright, I think we’ve had our share of monster hunting for the day, right?" I say as we exit the woods and head out back to the camp. By the way, Emily and I go to Camp Half Blood, a camp for demigods. Em's a daughter of Aphrodite, goddess of love, beauty, and prettiness. Me? Son of Demeter, goddess of nature. Anyway, we neared the cabin commons. A couple Ares boys whistled at her, but I gave them a nasty look.

"Yeah. Colin's probably waiting for us." She stated. Colin is my best guy friend. He is unclaimed, which means that no god or goddess claimed him, or openly stated that he's their child. I wouldn’t blame them. We pass the commons and go to the mess hall, where we see Colin. He was wearing his signature blue and black checked flannel shirt, the sleeves rolled up and the top button unbuttoned.

Colin grinned, showing his braces. You can barely see his eyes behind those sunglasses. "Hey! The lovebirds are here!" he announced. I did a face palm. If I could choose a parent for him, it would be Hermes, no doubt. Loud, annoying, a real joker.

"Colin, we're just friends," Emily said, clearly annoyed. She crossed her arms. I could tell she never really liked Colin, even though she never admitted it.

"Whatever," he said. He did a hair flip, which I find really annoying. "So, guys, I talked to Chiron and he said 'maybe' to a quest. Do you know what this means?!" Chiron is our centaur camp counselor. Yeah, THE Chiron from the Greek myths.

I raised an eyebrow. "That he just said that to make you go away?"

"No!" Colin quickly responded. "I might actually get a quest! I’ve waited so long!"

"Ugh." Emily rolled her eyes. "You know he'll never send an unclaimed kid. You don’t know your powers, and sometimes that’s our biggest advantage."

He frowned. "That’s coming from you, Mrs. 'Ooh. I’m so pretty.'"

Em balled her fists.

To keep her from killing him, I had to step in and whisper in her ear, "Calm down, 'ight? He WANTS to get on your nerves." She seemed to calm down. Then the dinner horn blew, we got our food, gave some as an offering, and started toward our tables.

"Better get a seat," Colin muttered. He was right. The Hermes table was always crowded. Some kids sat on the ground. Since Colin is unclaimed, he stays in the Hermes cabin. Hermes invites all unclaimed to stay until they are claimed. Chiron then galloped in from the Big House.

"I have news!" he declared after we scraped part of our food into the fire. "Quest news." Even from seven tables away, you can clearly see Colin’s face light up.

Chiron pranced around the mess hall, circling every table. “It seems a camper has asked to go on a quest… and I said I’d think about it.” Colin was holding it all in, waiting for his big moment. He grinned so wide, I thought his mouth would crack.

“And so…” the centaur said. He galloped to the Athena table. Colin shared a look with me that said Huh?
“….Noah Mount will now go consult the Oracle.” Noah was an Athena kid, young, about 11 years old. He had the standard Athena traits- blond hair, gray eyes. He smiled and jumped out of his seat.

Noah pumped his fist in the air. “Woohoo!” he shouted. Colin’s face dropped.

“But, Chiron,” Colin desperately said. “He’s only eleven! And I’m 16!”

Chiron raised a finger. “You’re also unclaimed. Not to mention you didn’t fill out the quest form.”

His mouth gaped open. I turned to the Aphrodite table to see Emily stifling a laugh and showing me a look like, I told you so. “Quest form?!” Colin said quietly.

Chiron nodded and turned back to Noah. “Child, you may go to the Oracle. Rachel!” he called. A girl emerged from one of the guest rooms in the Big House. She had curly red hair in poofy pigtails, and she was about my age, maybe a year older. She bowed at Chiron, and motioned her hand for Noah to come near. He cautiously stepped forward, then followed Rachel into the Big House.

“In other news…” Chiron continued. I went back to eating my hamburger. I peeked up for a second to see Colin, the usual joker and life of the party, sitting solemnly eating a taco. I turned to Emily, who was smirking at Colin’s misfortune. I wasn’t really paying attention to the old centaur, but I noticed after a while that the mess hall suddenly erupted in applause and everybody was staring at me.

I look up form my plate. “Huh?” I ask. I was clueless to what was going on.

Emily gets up from her table and gives me a hug. A hug. I was enjoying the hug so much that I barely heard her when she said, “It’s your 10th anniversary of being at camp!” She smiled, a ray of sunshine from her mouth.

“Oh yeah, I forgot about that.” I seriously did. Ten years ago today, I walked into camp with Emily. We were both only six years old. I smiled, bringing back memories. It all went by so fast. I hugged Emily back.

Chiron cleared his throat, probably annoyed that Em came to my table and stayed for so long. She broke away from our hug and mouthed ’sorry’ to him, then returned to her table. I could’ve sworn all the girls were gossiping about me and Emily. I got up and put my plate in the dirty pile.

As I walked away, hands in my pockets, I heard Chiron call, “Remember! Campfire at eight o’ clock!”

That is Chapter One :) Post a reply on how you like it.
Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: OMG!!! ANOTHER BOOK!!!   OMG!!! ANOTHER BOOK!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 1:14 pm

Sweet...xD
Back to top Go down
Baby Lex
Experienced Poster
Baby Lex

PostSubject: Re: OMG!!! ANOTHER BOOK!!!   OMG!!! ANOTHER BOOK!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 1:52 pm

Thanks! :D
Back to top Go down
jessica
SICJ A WPMDERF; MEMBER
jessica

PostSubject: Re: OMG!!! ANOTHER BOOK!!!   OMG!!! ANOTHER BOOK!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 3:13 am

Is this like a fanfiction or an actusl book. if an actual book then the chapters need to be longer. But i's awesome.
Back to top Go down
Baby Lex
Experienced Poster
Baby Lex

PostSubject: Re: OMG!!! ANOTHER BOOK!!!   OMG!!! ANOTHER BOOK!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 4:43 pm

Thats like only part of Chapter one. Like an excerpt. And its an actual book. Im working on the rest of ch. 1.
Back to top Go down
Pooh-Bear

Pooh-Bear

PostSubject: Re: OMG!!! ANOTHER BOOK!!!   OMG!!! ANOTHER BOOK!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 7:41 pm

Thats good, very nice on the humor.
Back to top Go down
http://thefallen.forumotions.net/forum.htm
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OMG!!! ANOTHER BOOK!!!   OMG!!! ANOTHER BOOK!!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OMG!!! ANOTHER BOOK!!!
Page 1 of 1