Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Just one book [Private]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
libby

libby

Location : Right there... No, there... No, just right there... NO! RIGHT THERE!!!!! must I do everything myself?

Just one book [Private] Empty
PostSubject: Just one book [Private]   Just one book [Private] I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 9:49 am

I pace the rows of seemingly endless books. It had to be here somewhere. They said it was. "Come on." I mutter to myself. I was looking for the book "Fahrenheit 451" Someone had told me it was a brain molding book, and that's what I liked. A book that changes the way I look at something is the right kind of book. There were several books on this isle, that I would like to read at some point, but I needed to find this one book. I though I had spotted it when I bump into someone.
Back to top Go down
annika.

annika.

PostSubject: Re: Just one book [Private]   Just one book [Private] I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 10:06 am

perhaps if i was just a little bit wiser and maybe i'd get there.

Just one book [Private] Tumblr_lxt27qwgGH1r327x8

KIRSTEN PORTER
daughter of athena

Kirsten jumped as someone bumped into her. She had been skimming through the pages of this book she found on the shelves called Fahrenheit 451. The Library has always been her escape spot, away from the Athena kids in her cabin. Even though the place was crawling with them, she wasn't forced to interact with any of them.

It wasn't that she hated them, she just had to act different around them. More mature, you could say. She was always the goofy girl back in school and her half-siblings didn't act that way. Besides, she always felt left out because she'd be known as the only Athena kid who was failing subjects at school.

Turning her attention back to the person, she smiled at him. "Hey. Need any help finding a book?"

Kirsten didn't have a problem interacting with strangers though. She was really open and out there. She was never shy and found it easy to make friends.

Back to top Go down
libby

libby

Location : Right there... No, there... No, just right there... NO! RIGHT THERE!!!!! must I do everything myself?

PostSubject: Re: Just one book [Private]   Just one book [Private] I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 11:28 am

"Nope!" I say reaching out for the book shelf. "Just found it, and it looks like you did to." I flip through the pages in the book. Thank gods! It's in English. Some people had Greek down since they were kids. I wasn't one of them. In-fact, I could barely read Greek now. "I'm Christopher. Who might you be?" I ask placing the book under my arm. One of the kids in my cabin (one of my few friends) said that if I played cute and charming, people would be able to look past the fact that I could freeze them in time and the rumors would slip their mind. He then followed it up with " The only problem with that is you have as much charm as a dead cat". Didn't that make me feel better about myself. Even though I was still a bit rough around the edges, I thought I could try to play likable every now and then.
Back to top Go down
annika.

annika.

PostSubject: Re: Just one book [Private]   Just one book [Private] I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 8:53 pm

KIRSTEN PORTER
daughter of athena

Kirsten tilted her head to the side. She's never seen the boy before, considering she has only spent a year in Camp Half-Blood and was constantly escaping to the mortal world. She sized him up, looking him over. Hmm . . . not bad. Seems nice enough. She just hoped he wasn't as uptight as the Athena kids.

"I'm Kirsten," she introduced herself, returning the book to its place on the shelf. "And you have good taste in picking out your novels."

Back to top Go down
libby

libby

PostSubject: Re: Just one book [Private]   Just one book [Private] I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 9:11 am

"Thanks." I say smiling. "If you don't mind me asking, what cabin do you reside in?" I ask slowly making the way to the front. This place was more dangerous then the labyrinth. Well, for the few people that almost lived her could find their way out, but this was a rare occasion for me. The library was a place that I didn't go cause once I got started in a book I couldn't set it down. In CHB that's a very, very bad thing. You can't forfeit knowledge for power, you had to have a decent amount of each.
Back to top Go down
annika.

annika.

PostSubject: Re: Just one book [Private]   Just one book [Private] I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 9:27 am

KIRSTEN PORTER
daughter of athena

“Surprisingly, I’m from Cabin 6,” Kirsten spoke, walking alongside Christopher. “What about you?”

She was almost ashamed to admit which goddess was her parent. He had probably heard rumors about her being the ‘dim child of Athena’ or something along those lines. Tucking hair light brown hair behind her ear, she fiddled with the hem of her Camp Half-Blood shirt. She almost wished that she wasn’t claimed. At least she’d get to stay with the cool kids in the Hermes cabin.

As they passed one of the tables, Kirsten picked up three books that she checked out earlier, tucking them under her arm. Looking up at Christopher, she smiled at him. “How long have you been at camp?”

Back to top Go down
libby

libby

PostSubject: Re: Just one book [Private]   Just one book [Private] I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 9:39 am

"I live permanently in cabin 2." I tell her. "I'll tell you my God parent if you promise you won't run away." We continue our way to the front, passing several tables along the way. The fact that she didn't know who I was meant she was new. Her asking how long I had been in camp really gave away that she was new here. I had seven or eight beads on my necklace, so I assume that's how long I've been here. "Seven our Eight years. Something went after my mom, and I haven't seen her since. I took a while for a Satyr."
Back to top Go down
annika.

annika.

PostSubject: Re: Just one book [Private]   Just one book [Private] I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 9:58 am

KIRSTEN PORTER
daughter of athena

“Why would I run away?” Kirsten frowned. Christopher seemed pretty normal and friendly.

When he told her about his mom, her frown deepened and her expression darkened. “Oh. I’m sorry.”

She took note of the beads on his necklace. Wow. That’s a pretty long time. Kirsten felt the only bead on her necklace. She arrived at Camp Half-Blood about a year ago. Kidnapped by some monsters during a field trip, she barely made it out alive and woke up in the Camp Half-Blood’s infirmary. She constantly visits her mom in the mortal world every Saturday.

Back to top Go down
libby

libby

PostSubject: Re: Just one book [Private]   Just one book [Private] I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 10:12 am

I stop dead in my tracks. "Because. My dad's Chronos." I say flatly. I had the feeling Kirsten was different the most people, but I've been wrong before. It's hard to make friends when your father is a dangerous person to be around. I had seen everything from a horror movie scream, to an attempt murder when I told people I was a son of a Chronos. Hopefully Kirsten wouldn't be that shallow in irrational.
Back to top Go down
annika.

annika.

PostSubject: Re: Just one book [Private]   Just one book [Private] I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 7:23 pm

KIRSTEN PORTER
daughter of athena

Kirsten raised an eyebrow, nodding. “You think I’m gonna run away just because you’re a kid of Chronos?” she threw her head back, laughing. “I’m not going to ditch you just because of who your dad is. You guys aren’t the same person and that would be judgmental of me.”

“Some of my cabin-mates measure your importance with your grades. You can probably guess I’m at the bottom of the chain right now. To them, I wasn’t Kirsten; I was the only dumb child of Athena, the one who was failing three classes back home,” she confessed. “You just meet the wrong people, I guess.”

Kirsten blushed when she realized she told Christopher almost her entire life story. She found it easy to open up to people that weren’t children of Athena.

She placed her hand on his arm in a comforting way. “Just don’t mind the haters.”

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just one book [Private]   Just one book [Private] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just one book [Private]
Page 1 of 1