Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Acceptance of Characters

Go down 
+7
Dan
Yolonda
Pooh-Bear
Kendall
maddie ☹
Zan
dean
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
dean
Experienced Poster

Acceptance of Characters Empty
PostSubject: Acceptance of Characters   Acceptance of Characters I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 2:21 pm

There, I have to be Halloween themed for now XD

Right, my idea was to make another group made of one or two people who can accept charrie's along side the Admins because many new people are trying to RP without acceptance because they have to wait to long. These accepters should be made up out of active people!
Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: Acceptance of Characters   Acceptance of Characters I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 3:27 pm

Yeah...that's smart. Seriously! No I ain't bein' sarcastic. I'm serious, it could be made up of the most active posters.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Acceptance of Characters   Acceptance of Characters I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 4:26 pm

I'm not sure. It's not like my opinion matters or anything but I'm going to voice it anyways. Having a group of "active posters" to accept characters seems unnecessary. The admin and mods are people who were chosen carefully because of loads of things that make them not just right for the job, but perfect for the job. Giving out the ability to accept characters to people just because their post counts are up there in thousands doesn't seem fair.

Also, the difference of opinion about what an "active poster" really is - that'll cause problems. People will say, "well, what about me? I'm an active poster." And they'll complain. You can't go and give power to just about anyone. The person has to be qualified, otherwise the site will be filled with unoriginal, uninteresting characters and the whole place will be a dump.

The responsibility of accepting characters should go to the right people for the job, and the right people for the job are the admin and mods. The current system seems to work, the admin and mods do their best to log on as often as possible, and the important thing is that they do their best. Besides, practicing patience never hurt anyone. In fact, it would benefit us all.
Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: Acceptance of Characters   Acceptance of Characters I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 5:59 pm

Crispy Bacon wrote:

Also, the difference of opinion about what an "active poster" really is - that'll cause problems. People will say, "well, what about me? I'm an active poster." And they'll complain. You can't go and give power to just about anyone. The person has to be qualified, otherwise the site will be filled with unoriginal, uninteresting characters and the whole place will be a dump.

I don't care about other people though. xD And I'm a tough critic.
Back to top Go down
dean
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: Acceptance of Characters   Acceptance of Characters I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 6:02 pm

Zan wrote:
Yeah...that's smart. Seriously! No I ain't bein' sarcastic. I'm serious, it could be made up of the most active posters.
Yeah, let me edit that; the ones with good quality of charrie's themselves and active (Crispiness and Roxanne XD)
Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: Acceptance of Characters   Acceptance of Characters I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 6:08 pm

DAMN STRAIGHT!
Back to top Go down
maddie ☹
Grammar Police
maddie ☹

PostSubject: Re: Acceptance of Characters   Acceptance of Characters I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 6:09 pm

I should so accept charries xD
Back to top Go down
dean
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: Acceptance of Characters   Acceptance of Characters I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 6:09 pm

YEAH XD
Back to top Go down
Kendall
Experienced Poster
Kendall

PostSubject: Re: Acceptance of Characters   Acceptance of Characters I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 5:40 pm

Well, I sorta agree with Crispy. If we start assigning jobs to "Active" posters, people might say "What about me?". Some people aren't fit for the job and maybe if somebody says "I can accept charries" and they accept a total Mary-sue character just because she wants to roleplay with her...
Back to top Go down
maddie ☹
Grammar Police
maddie ☹

PostSubject: Re: Acceptance of Characters   Acceptance of Characters I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 5:49 pm

"they accept a total Mary-sue character just because she wants to roleplay with her..."

That's true I've seen an admin do that on here. But admins would 'hire' people that are fit for the job, and probably pick people that give advice on charrie forms now. And I don't think being an active poser is necessary, but not someone who joined a week ago. Someone who is actually going to do the job right 8D
Back to top Go down
Kendall
Experienced Poster
Kendall

PostSubject: Re: Acceptance of Characters   Acceptance of Characters I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 6:12 pm

Really?

Oh, and yea. Somebody who doesn't accept mary-sue charries!
Back to top Go down
maddie ☹
Grammar Police
maddie ☹

PostSubject: Re: Acceptance of Characters   Acceptance of Characters I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 6:15 pm

Yeah, really.
Back to top Go down
dean
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: Acceptance of Characters   Acceptance of Characters I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 10:59 pm

That's what Roxanne just said XD
Back to top Go down
Pooh-Bear

Pooh-Bear

PostSubject: Re: Acceptance of Characters   Acceptance of Characters I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 6:31 pm

That sound like a good idea, cause sometimes it takes forever for your charries to be accepted.
Back to top Go down
http://thefallen.forumotions.net/forum.htm

PostSubject: Re: Acceptance of Characters   Acceptance of Characters I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 8:14 am

I guess I wasn't really considering the feelings of the admin and mods, they might appreciate the help. The final decision's really up to them though.

If they do decide to do this, they shouldn't choose at total random right? They should have like, I don't know, try outs where they post example character profiles and you guys decide whether they're acceptable or not? KEYWORD BEING IF. It seems like I'm always planning for the future. xD
Back to top Go down
Yolonda

Yolonda

Location : In the sky. Yeah, that's right, SKY. Did I mention I have WINGS?

PostSubject: Re: Acceptance of Characters   Acceptance of Characters I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 8:46 am

While I am still waiting to be accepted after 4 months and 1/2, Crispy is right!
Back to top Go down
Dan
Secret Chinchilla Ninja
Secret Chinchilla Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Acceptance of Characters   Acceptance of Characters I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 8:54 am

Well of course if this is actually taken action on, the admins & mods would have to be careful and strict (probably not the correct word, but I'll go with that for now) when choosing players for this. As said previously, no one would want an "approver," so to speak, that accept Mary-Sue charries just to see what they are like when role-playing, well, that wouldn't work.

In any case, I do agree somewhat that even though mods & admins are trying their best to login frequently, it can take a while for a charrie to be accepted. [However, I do hope some users had enough intelligence to actually either PM or email them xD]

However, it's really up to the mods & admins on this one, even if tons of users agree to this (of which I am one). Taking into account their feelings on this, maybe they would like the extra help, or maybe not.

~P.S - Sorry for the long post xD
Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: Acceptance of Characters   Acceptance of Characters I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 10:33 am

Daniel...my dear boy (?) you are wise beyond your years.
Back to top Go down
Dan
Secret Chinchilla Ninja
Secret Chinchilla Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Acceptance of Characters   Acceptance of Characters I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 10:57 am

Roxanne wrote:
Daniel...my dear boy (?) you are wise beyond your years.

Mmm... I'll just hope you're not implying I'm old. xD Anyways - thanks.
Back to top Go down
Sun-Spawn

Sun-Spawn

PostSubject: Re: Acceptance of Characters   Acceptance of Characters I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 7:41 pm

this is a good idea, its going about mplementing it that will be hard
Back to top Go down
tethys
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: Acceptance of Characters   Acceptance of Characters I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 7:43 pm

Just because somebody posts a lot, they shouldn't be able to accept characters. I like the idea though =]
Back to top Go down
Kendall
Experienced Poster
Kendall

PostSubject: Re: Acceptance of Characters   Acceptance of Characters I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 7:52 pm

Yolonda wrote:
While I am still waiting to be accepted after 4 months and 1/2, Crispy is right!

Just to put that out there, you shouldn't be complaining that your charrie hasn't been accpeted when before I accepted it, the name was the only part filled out...
Back to top Go down
dean
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: Acceptance of Characters   Acceptance of Characters I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 2:49 pm

Just bumping this, we just had a similar idea. I'll redirect them here :D
Back to top Go down
maddie ☹
Grammar Police
maddie ☹

PostSubject: Re: Acceptance of Characters   Acceptance of Characters I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 10:30 pm

I have to bump this. On chat, new members have been complaining a lot on how they don't get adminly response on their characters. I suggest that the mods or another group of people can accept/critic characters so new members and older members don't wait weeks for this. I also suggest people that cannot accept characters do not critic other member's forms, because, it might get confusing (new people thinking after they change the things the member says they're accepted).
Back to top Go down
#Megz
Experienced Poster
#Megz

Location : None of yo damn buisness....probably at a party though...

PostSubject: Re: Acceptance of Characters   Acceptance of Characters I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 10:43 pm

true dat.Iknow this is off topic but how do you guys chose mods and admins?Is there a vote?competition?fight to the death?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Acceptance of Characters   Acceptance of Characters I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Acceptance of Characters
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next