Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

The Lake is Water-filled {PrivatenesS}

Go down 
AuthorMessage
maddie ☹
Grammar Police
maddie ☹

The Lake is Water-filled {PrivatenesS} Empty
PostSubject: The Lake is Water-filled {PrivatenesS}   The Lake is Water-filled {PrivatenesS} I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 6:08 pm

Madeline sat Indian-style, facing towards the ocean. The teen rested her left hand on her leg, while her right one pushed hair from her face. Madeline's thin, brown hair swiftly moved, and it let Madeline see clearer. The shadows of trees lined the shore of the lake.

The girl rested her head on a green tuff of grass. The dewy land made her head and neck tingle. The dew was warm, yet a liquid. What a strange feeling.

Madeline moved her hand up to beside her head. She rummaged around in the puffy pile of emerald grass. Her hand glided along three pieces and she plucked, one by one, each piece from the ground. Madeline held the grass to her nose.

What a funny scent! Thought the daughter of Zeus, keeping the grass above her mouth.

The grass smelt of summer air; Filled with honeydew melons and blooming roses, bits of soil and tree's bark. The scent amused Madeline, so she giggled a bit.

Once her hand had released the scented grass, Madeline sighed a long sigh of relief. "What a nice day!" Madeline noted to herself, looking up into the blue sky.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Lake is Water-filled {PrivatenesS}   The Lake is Water-filled {PrivatenesS} I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 6:43 pm

X e n i a G a v i n s
"Forget love, I'd rather fall in chocolate."

Pinching the bridge of her nose, Xenia squeezed her eyes shut and tried not to think about it. What a headache - she had never experienced anything of the sort before. Physical pain she could tolerate, but mental pain... It was a whole new area, wasn't her forte. Her body she didn't care so much for, but her head, it was her only private place, something that was completely hers. It being in pain just tore her apart. Head throbbing, she took calm breaths in and out, she would get through this. It was nothing. Rubbing her temples, she focused elsewhere.

Ash blonde hair blowing with the soft breeze, her pale mint green eyes opened and zeroed in on a girl - forgetting momentarily about her migraine. Then a fresh wave of pain washed over her and she felt a strong urge to jump in the lake. Following this impulse without a second thought, Xenia stood from the rock she had been sitting and took a deep breath before diving into the water. It was a good dive, she broke the surface with only a small splash. Also a good idea, the cool water calmed her down a good amount. When she started to run out of air she headed up to the surface and freed herself of the water like a movie moment. Fixing her headband, she treaded water for a bit before turning around and doing front stroke to the same front she had dived from.

Pulling herself onto the shore, she walked over to the side of the girl she had seen earlier and flashed her a thumbs up while sitting down beside her. "Refreshing." She said, chuckling a little bit when she noticed that the other girl was sniffing a few blades of grass. When she dropped them, Xenia raised an eyebrow but dismissed it and stared at the sky. "I love the smell of grass, though freshly mown and slightly damp grass smells the most fresh." She said thoughtfully before her cheeks coloured slightly. "Not that I smell grass very often..." She said quickly and sighing. How did she manage to be so odd? It was a wonder for sure.

"I'm Xenia, the one and only daughter of Astraea." She said proudly, offering her left hand to the girl.
Back to top Go down
maddie ☹
Grammar Police
maddie ☹

PostSubject: Re: The Lake is Water-filled {PrivatenesS}   The Lake is Water-filled {PrivatenesS} I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 7:11 pm

Madeline heard a close splash, and she looked at the lake before her. A girl's head, say 16, popped out from the cool water. The other female got out of the shimmering water and walked right up to Madeline. As she heard the girl speak, Madeline raised an eyebrow. Darn, I seem normal now.

"Looks very," Madeline agreed, rubbing her left elbow against the ground. She blinked her eyes once, and when opened, the other girl had raised an eyebrow at Madeline's grass-sniffing behavior. Madeline returned the raised eyebrow, and thought she'd won when the other half-blood looked away.

Madeline lifted her head up from the emerald grass and listened carefully as the girl spoke again. "I love the smell of grass, though freshly mown and slightly damp grass smells the most fresh."Madeline nodded in agreement and then sat properly. "Grass is naturally good smelling...." Madeline chuckled, and listened more to the girl. "Not that I smell grass very often...." "Well," the girl began again,"only when I'm rolling around in grass, I smell it." Madeline looked up at the sky. The sun was at the corner of her eye, letting light come in to her view. Madeline spotted some birds, and then looked back at the other girl, who had just introduced herself as Xenia.

Before Madeline shook Xenia's offering hand, she decided to introduce herself. "I'm Madeline, daughter of Zeus!" She said proudly, then blushed slightly. Her face tickled pink, Madeline shook Xenia's hand. "Though the title of being a Zeus child isn't so significant anymore." She sighed and let go of Xenia's wet hand.

"Was the water cold?" Madeline asked, staring at the blue water. She desired to jump into the lake right then and there, but decided not. "Looks very... pleasing," Madeline spoke, never taking her eyes off of the shimmering lake.

Must... get... water-fied. The thought scrolled through Madeline's head.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Lake is Water-filled {PrivatenesS}   The Lake is Water-filled {PrivatenesS} I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 7:38 pm

Xenia Gavins

"Pleased to meet you, Madeline." Xenia said, grinning at the enthusiastic handshake. So energetic, it was also quite enlivening. "Sorry, forgot that I had just jumped in a lake for a moment. Do you mind that your hand is damp? Or do you love water? After all, it is a great conductor of electricity. And the water was very lovely and cold." She said, sighing with content. Light green eyes sparkling with mischief when she noticed the daughter of Zeus staring at the water longingly, she leaned back some more and basked in the sun's rays. Ah, days like this were so nice. Even though mom wasn't a really well-known goddess, Camp needed all the help it could get and that included me. Heck, most people didn't even know who Astraea was. I didn't care much for attention, but it was nice to get a little bit of recognition. Geesh.

She had worn a grey tank top today, and she was well aware that her most mysterious scar was clearly visible, for all of the world to see - or at least, all of Camp Half-Blood to see. Willowy fingers flying to it self consciously, she frowned before lowering her hand. She had to cope with it. Taking another breath, she continued to rub her temples because the headache had returned. Raking her hand through damp but quickly drying locks of hair, she paused and glanced at Madeline and wondered if she should do or say something - after all, she had been the one who had approached the other girl. Wouldn't it be rude to just plop herself down next to her and then not say anything? Clearing her throat, she sat up and chewed her lip before smiling at Madeline.

"I think I'm going to jump in the lake once more, want to join me?" She asked, wiggling her eyebrows playfully and twiddling her thumbs. So hard to keep still sometimes - probably the ADHD's fault. Gods, how she hated the ADHD and dyslexia, even though they supposedly "saved her life." Battle instincts. What did the dyslexia do anything? It was just a pain when it came to reading, how was that supposed to help? What if they came across this potentially super helpful sign while on a quest and their dyslexia made it hard for them to read it. Rolling her eyes, she looked at the lake for a while - at the sparkling, clean water - before turning her more intense gaze back to Madeline.

(( OMG, 1000TH POST. x3 ))
Back to top Go down
maddie ☹
Grammar Police
maddie ☹

PostSubject: Re: The Lake is Water-filled {PrivatenesS}   The Lake is Water-filled {PrivatenesS} I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 7:13 pm

•·.·´¯`·.·• •·.·´¯`·.·•´

Madeline slightly nodded. "And you as well," she said, smiling. Madeline tried to do a hair flip to get hair from her face, but failed when the hair covered more of her eyes. "Pff!" shouted Madeline as she blew the strands of hair away.

"Oh, I don't mind." Madeline replied. Her cheeks were rosy-red from the beating sun. The weather had been strange lately. Yes, it was fall, a chilly season, but it was awfully hot. Madeline wiped her hand across her forehead, leaving her hand even more damp. The girl sighed and wished she came from a Sea god, like Poseidon, instead of a God of Sky. Psh, at least my dad is like king God dude. Madeline thought reassuringly.

The daughter of Zeus observed Xenia, looking for anything odd about her. She looks normal, Madeline thought, but she keeps playing with her shirt. "Do you have any scars?" Madeline blurted the question out as soon as she thought of it. Her eyes fluttered around Xenia's body again, then she looked up at her. "Headache?" Madeline asked as her fellow camper began to rub her temples. Madeline blinked once, then realized that the heat was slowly making her head ache, too.

"Join you?" Madeline repeated loudly, loving the idea of actually going into the water. "Yes," she answered, calmly now. Madeline sighed loudly, and controlled herself. Zeus' daughter shook of the controlled feeling, and popped right up. She sprinted to edge of the lake and immediately jumped. Madeline opened her eyes as she went under water. Though the water stung her eyes, Madeline only shut them to blink. Once out of breath, Madeline swam to the top of the water and shook her head, letting drops of water fly. "Sooooo much better than the heat!" Madeline exclaimed as her soon-to-be-headache left her. She began to float in the lake, and relaxed quite nicely.

•·.·´¯`·.·• •·.·´¯`·.·•´

~I'm glad I shared this moment with chu 8D~
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Lake is Water-filled {PrivatenesS}   The Lake is Water-filled {PrivatenesS} I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 12:58 pm

Xenia Gavins

"Oh. Uh, scars? Yes, I do have some." Xenia said a bit vaguely, not really specifying where said scars were. She didn't really enjoy flaunting her battle scars, so hopefully, Madeline would understand. Instead, she focused on Madeline looking so happy in the water. "Isn't it?" She agreed, sighing as she looked at the water. If only she could muster enough will to follow Madeline into the water.

Pushing herself up on her elbows, she tried to get up but gave up shortly after wards. Maybe she would just stay there for a while. "How's the water?" She called, raising her head to look at the other girl before lowering it again.

(( I owe you one super fantabulous post. ;D ))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Lake is Water-filled {PrivatenesS}   The Lake is Water-filled {PrivatenesS} I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Lake is Water-filled {PrivatenesS}
Page 1 of 1