Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Lake Admirer

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Lake Admirer  Empty
PostSubject: Lake Admirer    Lake Admirer  I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 2:40 am

Okay, so, I'm the daughter of Athena, what's new? Well, sure there were kids running around with armor and spears, that was something to see. But at least I had an explanation for my weirdness, right? No. I just couldn't get used to it. People have been shooting me looks for the first hour of my stay here in Camp- What was it? Half Blood? Whatever. I mean, yeah, I do look a little off with my bird nest hair and tattered back pack but I do have a good explanation, trust me.

I stared into the lake's water. At least the lake never lies, it reflects what it sees. I gave an annoyed grunt which came of a bit louder than I expected.
What was I doing here? Who exactly am I? What if my name wasn't really Rosanna? What was I going to do?
I sighed, reached for my tattered white back pack, complete with singed holes and claw marks, rummaged through all the letters my dad gave me when I still lived with my aunt and pulled out a necklace. My dad gave me that locket, he said it would protect me. But right now, I just wanted protection from myself.
Back to top Go down
Inaniloquist
Admin
Admin

Lake Admirer  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lake Admirer    Lake Admirer  I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 10:07 am

Though the air was warm, there was a slight cool breeze flowing which chilled my skin as I broke through the surface of the lake. The lake was a really refreshing and peaceful place to be... whether you wanted to swim or you just wanted to sit around or even read. I suppose it was because all the other campers would rather swim on the beach.

Today... I could see I wasn't alone at the lake. A rather ethnic looking girl with a... was it confused? expression on her face was standing by the lakeshore in a contemplative fashion. She looked as though she had perhaps gotten in a fight, messy hair, ripped up pack...
Maybe she had some sort of story to tell.

"Looks like you've got a lot on your mind," I smiled as I swam in her direction.
Back to top Go down
http://wonderlandacademy.forumotions.net/forum.htm

Lake Admirer  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lake Admirer    Lake Admirer  I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 10:26 am

"Looks like you've got a lot on your mind" someone said from a rather far distance, I wasn't surprised though after what I experienced today. I shrugged then gave a big sigh "I'd rather not talk about it. It's been a pretty messed up day, you know?"
I took my dark brown hair up in a ponytail and tied it with my nearly ripped-into-shreds ribbon.
Back to top Go down
Inaniloquist
Admin
Admin

Lake Admirer  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lake Admirer    Lake Admirer  I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 10:34 am

"No, I don't really," I said with a cheerful lilt. I kind of sounded odd when compared to her sorrowful tones.

Approaching closer towards the shore, I climbed out of the water and sat on the edge of the lake. I was kind of regretting the decision, after all, it felt so much warmer in the lake... But still, it would be sort of impolite to have a conversation with someone on land while you were in water, right?

I shook my head a bit, trying to shake some water out of my hair, "Sorry about that," I said apologetically, "I just don't like the feeling of wet hair."
Back to top Go down

Lake Admirer  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lake Admirer    Lake Admirer  I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 10:43 am

I smiled, despite my moodiness and slowly rising temper. This guy was pretty open compared to the other campers. "I'm Rosanna and, yeah, wet hair sort of does feel bad but I guess that's what going out of the water is for...?" I said, trying to sound reassuring but all I heard was stupidness. I mentally face palmed myself and gave a small chuckle.
Back to top Go down
Inaniloquist
Admin
Admin

Lake Admirer  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lake Admirer    Lake Admirer  I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 10:51 am

"You know, you look a lot better when you're smiling," I said nonchalantly, "Either way... I'm Sinclair, and yes, going out of the water does make you less wet." This girl was kind of funny despite the fact that she seemed a bit upset.
"So Rosanna, are you new here?" She seemed to have that confused look that a lot of newer campers seemed to have. I wonder what the feeling was to find out your parents were gods...
Back to top Go down

Lake Admirer  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lake Admirer    Lake Admirer  I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 10:58 am

I looked a lot better when I was smiling? That was new. "Heh, thanks. Yeah I arrived an hour ago or perhaps longer. Lost track of time." I bit my lip, trying to remember what I was doing here as my train of thought was ruined a few moments ago.
"How does it feel like to live here? I'm still getting used to kids with armor and men with goat legs." I asked without thinking, it wasn't like me but curiosity was my main weakness.
Back to top Go down
Inaniloquist
Admin
Admin

Lake Admirer  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lake Admirer    Lake Admirer  I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 11:05 am

I paused slightly, wondering how I might describe camp halfblood to a newcomer. I was pretty used to living the halfblood life, after all, I was born into a family of half bloods.

"It's pretty fun actually. You make a lot of friends pretty fast," I finally said, trying to think of the best things to say, "Everyone here's pretty much extended family, so you learn to get along. And the armour... well you get training...."

I trailed off slightly at the end. Should I mention Kronos at all? It might scare her off, and it was best to keep the newcomers comfortable.
Back to top Go down

Lake Admirer  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lake Admirer    Lake Admirer  I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 11:19 am

I raised my brow. One thing you can't do to a child of Athena: keep secrets. I had a pretty good lie detector or whatever you call it.
"You don't really have to sugar coat, you know." I said, smiling. This conversation was, I admit, great. I thought Camp Half-Blood would be just another confinement but maybe, just maybe, I was wrong.

OOC: Second to the last reply for tonight. One more then I will sleep like a pig.
Back to top Go down
Inaniloquist
Admin
Admin

Lake Admirer  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lake Admirer    Lake Admirer  I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 2:34 pm

Looks as though I had been caught.
"Sorry," I frowned slightly, "I just didn't want to alarm. The main reason we train is because... it's a dangerous time for halfbloods. There's a war, you know." Feeling as though the words I said were a bit dark, I added humourously, "That and we taste delicious to monsters."
Back to top Go down

Lake Admirer  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lake Admirer    Lake Admirer  I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 5:09 pm

I pointed to my severely damaged backpack. "Well, I must be really delicious then." I said rather mischievously then rolled my eyes at the crazy thought that I tasted delicious to some winged monster which somewhat resembled a bat. "So the kids wielding spears are actually training? That's a relief. I thought they were going nuts." I was actually welcomed by a stray spear which destroyed my not-so-lucky suitcase or should I say, potato sack.
Back to top Go down
Inaniloquist
Admin
Admin

Lake Admirer  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lake Admirer    Lake Admirer  I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 7:58 pm

"Hahaha, no kidding," I grinned. Rosanna seemed interesting, but a bit unused to the whole camp experience... of course she was new, so who could blame her.
"We don't just use spears though, daggers, swords, archery..." I say counting off each weapon with my finger,"We train in various different forms of combat. After all it's best to be well prepared. "
Back to top Go down

Lake Admirer  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lake Admirer    Lake Admirer  I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 5:00 am

I let out a sigh of relief, not caring whether or not Sinclair heard because, well, overreacting was my way of cooling off sometimes. After all, laughter was the best medicine.

"Good. So you guys aren't gladiators in training." I snorted. "And, woah, daggers. Seriously? You get to be trained in the art of-" I paused. What do you call the art of using daggers as weapons? "Umm, dagger-fu? Well, whatever you call it, it's cool. I'd like to learn how but I'm afraid the only training I had pre camp was cutting vegetables and pork." I gave Sinclair a confused expression. I was talking nonsense again. Ugh. "Sorry, I inherited my geek side from my dad. Maybe too much of it."

My eyes suddenly flew to the golden locket I had in my hands earlier, now it was dangling from my forearm. Dad, wherever you are... I'm doing fine. I'm safe. Don't worry.
Back to top Go down
Inaniloquist
Admin
Admin

Lake Admirer  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lake Admirer    Lake Admirer  I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 5:03 pm

I smiled back at Rosanna, noticing that she had calmed down considerably since I had first approached her. "Daggers are hard to use... personally, I'd use them as a second defense, you know, if you get disarmed or something. They're small, and they break easily, but they're fast and easily hidden," I tapped the side of my head thoughtfully, "Who's your god parent by the way?"
She mentioned her dad being a geek... Maybe her god parent was Athena? Or who else was a geek... I know some Hephaestus kids who are pretty passionate about certain "geeky" things.
Back to top Go down

Lake Admirer  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lake Admirer    Lake Admirer  I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 5:55 pm

"Athena. My mom's Athena." I said, bluntly. I was still getting used to the fact that Athena was my mother and I had siblings. "But it sort of, well, hurts. It's like I have so many siblings and they all get cool gifts. I got-" I placed my white pack on the ground, zipped it open and pulled out a neatly folded paper from the front pocket "All I got was a letter." I gave a small smile. Yeah, I do feel alone even if I'm in a camp with a hundred kids like me.
Back to top Go down
Inaniloquist
Admin
Admin

Lake Admirer  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lake Admirer    Lake Admirer  I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 6:35 pm

"Don't worry about it. It's not like people start... growing plants out of no where imediately," I pushed some of my still damp hair out of my face while chuckling. Not that I thought what she had said was particularly funny. It's simply... odd to have to explain to a girl of about the same age as you who's already confused about her lineage and her family that... well you're her nephew.
"It comes with time and practice. I mean, I don't think I started being able to do anything even remotely cool until I was around 11."
Back to top Go down

Lake Admirer  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lake Admirer    Lake Admirer  I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 8:36 pm

I go to the lake with Crystal and Logan. I was super worried about Mayble, I mean I was her protecter. She was sommewhere in the woods. She had grown a lot since I had gotten her across the boundry lines. There was still something that seemed out of sorts. Then we saw someone, so we went up to them to say, "Hi! My name is Brianna Hazel Horns. This is Logan son of Ares and this is Crystal Chang daughter of Aphrodite.

The breeze was perfect. I look perfect. I consider Brianna my protector even though my real protecter reincarnated into a lily. That fit her, because her name was Lily. I see the person Brianna was talking to and I say, "Hi, who are you?" I wait for the reply after I hear a quick 'Hi' from Logan, my best friend.
Back to top Go down

Lake Admirer  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lake Admirer    Lake Admirer  I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 4:45 am

I could tell I was starting to bore Sinclair with my corny jokes, yeah, I had that effect on people. "Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it." I gave him a sad smile, it was all I could muster out even though he deserved to talk to someone who wasn't such a kill joy. I sat on the ground and hugged my legs to my upper body, it somehow comforted me to sit like this. "You know, when I lived with my aunt, I used to sit at the edge of the porch and stare at the clouds or stars. But then, when we moved to the city, the stars were gone. And the clouds were nearly invisible unless you looked hard enough."

Just then, I heard voices behind me. Apparently they were introducing themselves so I twisted to face the 3 strangers (which wasn't much of a twist since I had scoliosis and all) and squinted as I looked at their faces. I managed to raise my hand slightly to signify my greeting.
Back to top Go down
Inaniloquist
Admin
Admin

Lake Admirer  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lake Admirer    Lake Admirer  I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 5:15 pm

"That's kind of sad," I shuffled over and patted her on the top of her head, "But you know, when there are less clouds you can see the sun better?" I wanted to do my best to cheer her up, but I wasn't really sure I should say too much. Sometimes it was better just to listen.

Suddenly, I see Rosanna turn around and lift up her hand in the direction of two other unknown campers. Waving at them myself, I lean over to ask, "Are those friends of yours?"
Back to top Go down

Lake Admirer  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lake Admirer    Lake Admirer  I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 6:06 pm

"Nope. To tell you the truth, I really don't know them. AT ALL. But they said hi so I decided not to be rude and acknowledge their greeting. It's better than sulking about my miserably awesome life, I admit." I grinned then twisted again, ignoring my back pain. "Hi, I'm Rosanna. And, sorry, I didn't hear your introductions."
Back to top Go down

Lake Admirer  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lake Admirer    Lake Admirer  I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 6:30 am

"Oh, I'm Crystal Chang, daughter of Aphrodite." I say, with a small smile. I grip my basket.

"I'm Logan Aller, son of Ares. Nice to meet you." I say in my war like voice. I glare at them with my very intimidating look.

I was so shy I can't speak. So in the grass I command plants to rise and spell out, 'Hi, my name is Mayble Camden daughter of Demeter.'
Back to top Go down

Lake Admirer  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lake Admirer    Lake Admirer  I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 7:35 am

A small gasp escaped my mouth, which probably took shape of a perfect letter O now. "Like I said, I'm Rosanna. No special introduction, sorry." I winked then cracked a huge grin. "My mom's Athena."
Back to top Go down
Inaniloquist
Admin
Admin

Lake Admirer  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lake Admirer    Lake Admirer  I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 4:36 pm

"Avery Sinclair," I push myself off the ground, and walk over to the three, my hand extended, "It would be difficult to explain who my parents are."
Back to top Go down

Lake Admirer  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lake Admirer    Lake Admirer  I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 4:52 pm

"So what brings you here? As in here, you know, to the lake because I'm pretty sure you know why you're in Camp Half-Blood already." I willed myself to stand but as I exerted pressure on my foot, my lower back started hurting so I sat back down as one of my hands involuntarily flew to my back.
Back to top Go down

Lake Admirer  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lake Admirer    Lake Admirer  I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 6:41 pm

"H-i-i-i Avery." I say in my super shy voice. Then I shake his hand. I here a clopping and I turn around to se my protector. I say, "Brianna!" I run up to her and give her a hug.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lake Admirer  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lake Admirer    Lake Admirer  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lake Admirer
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next