Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

use the sleeves of my sweater let's have an adventure [open]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
pinkgirl
Experienced Poster
pinkgirl

use the sleeves of my sweater let's have an adventure [open] Empty
PostSubject: use the sleeves of my sweater let's have an adventure [open]   use the sleeves of my sweater let's have an adventure [open] I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2015 3:41 pm

Sutton loved the library. It was rare that she ever did get time to go to the library. She used to have as much time as she wanted to go to the library and read, but now she didn't have any more books to read. She read most of the books at the camp library, and she didn't have money to spend on books. But she had heard the camp library had gotten a few new books. After she heard that, she made time in her schedule to visit the library and read. She was excited because she hadn't been to the camp library in a month or so.

As Sutton walked to the library, it started raining. The perfect day to stay inside and read. By the time she had gotten there, her hair was soaked and her sweatshirt was wet. She immediately went to the librarian who gave her a few books as well as suggested some to her that were scattered throughout the bookshelves. Sutton had thanked her and started looking around. The library was practically empty only a few camper here and there, mostly Athena campers. She recognized them from her previous visits to the library, but she didn't want to bother them. She found a few new books throughout the bookshelves and looked around for a seat to start reading.

As she wandered around the library a bit more, Sutton looked around for a seat. Most of the Athena campers had taken the chairs and most of the couches. There was only a table with another camper. She would've preferred to sit by herself, but she wanted to read. She made her way over to it with a smile on her face. "Do you mind if I sit here?" She asked. Not really waiting for an answer, she sat down and put her stack of books next to her. She took the top book from the stack before looking back at the boy. "I'm um Sutton, daughter of Selene." She said as she put out her hand for them to shake.

Back to top Go down
http://btvsrole-play.forumshome.com/
a. hams
King of Hell
a. hams

PostSubject: Re: use the sleeves of my sweater let's have an adventure [open]   use the sleeves of my sweater let's have an adventure [open] I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2015 9:46 am

use the sleeves of my sweater let's have an adventure [open] Tumblr_mpw4ldHQoA1r5l9g3o3_250
the only thing, simon decided, that was good about this rubbish camp, was the library. he hated the kitchen, with its greasy american food, though the camp’s half breed had said they catered to all students. well, at any rate, the shepard’s pie they had was never as good as his nanny’s. simon found the camp to be lacking in simple necessities. where were the croquet matches? the rugby sticks? no where. they, and everything that simon knew and loved, were back in england over 100 years ago. only in the library did simon feel at home. naturally, being the son of athena herself, the boy was drawn to the library, as if they both had magnets in their core, pulling them slowly together. sure enough, by noon everyday, the boy had found a nice little chair to sit in, curled up, and read until dark. 

today, though, everybody had to flock to simon’s sanctuary. as this wasn’t a school, he didn’t know why they were quizzed over battle stances, but they were, so every two weeks or so the small little cabin was overflowed with the smell of coffee and the quiet sound of chatter, and, much to simon’s dismay, the disappearance of books. it was lucky, though, that the demigod only read books if they were written before his so called disappearance. his favorite was charles dickens, so he found a tale of two cities, and found a table just big enough for a duo. 

simon got a good chunk of the book read before his bliss was interrupted by a girl wanting to sit down. he eyed her stack of books before he looked at her. all the volumes were new in publication. the pages were white like milk, and it had that new factory smell. simon abhorred it. but he shrugged and let her sit down anyways. after all, gentlemen like him catered to ladies like her.

“Simon. Athena.” He replied, his british accent prominent against her harsh american one. 
DULCE ET DECORUM EST
Back to top Go down
pinkgirl
Experienced Poster
pinkgirl

PostSubject: Re: use the sleeves of my sweater let's have an adventure [open]   use the sleeves of my sweater let's have an adventure [open] I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2015 3:51 pm

Sutton smiled when he shrugged. "Thanks. I appreciate it." She said. She had figured he was a son of Athena; they were the only ones who really took up the library. Every once in awhile she found someone who was a child from someone different, but it was rare. Sutton set her stack down before pulling out the chair and sitting next to him. She glanced at the cover of his book which caused another smile. She loved Charles Dickens, he was one of her favorite authors. "I love Charles Dickens." She commented before asking, "Who's your favorite author?"

She didn't mean to be talking so much and bother him while he was reading, but it was rare she was ever brave enough to walk up to someone and talk to them. She usually kept to herself when the Athena campers came to the library. They were always studying and whispering to each other about something they were reading about. Sutton would always grab a few books and find a chair in the corner so no one could bother her. Her favorite chair had already been taken already so she had wandered around the library before finding this table. She grabbed the first book on her stack which happened to be The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton. She had already read the book a few times before, but it was the only thing that wasn't taken that she wouldn't mind reading again. She read the first few pages before glancing back at Simon and asking curiously, "Is that all you do? Read?" She quickly added so that she wouldn't sound rude, "I was just wondering because I always see Athena children here at any time of the day."

Back to top Go down
a. hams
King of Hell
a. hams

PostSubject: Re: use the sleeves of my sweater let's have an adventure [open]   use the sleeves of my sweater let's have an adventure [open] I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2015 3:15 pm

use the sleeves of my sweater let's have an adventure [open] Tumblr_mpw4ldHQoA1r5l9g3o3_250
words were better than people. words, to simon, were the very best thing a person could have, because not only did they let you express your feelings in an eloquent way, but they could also get you drunk on their sticky sweet structure. you could lose yourself in words, like hansel and gretel lost themselves in the woods. at least, that’s what words were supposed to do. simon couldn’t get ahold of page one of his thick novel because of the girl beside him. he ran his hands through his blonde hair, letting his anger pass through his body like an ocean wave. the son of athena had gotten a lot angrier, a lot deadlier in the past few months. surely, simon often thought, it was a reward for all the work he’d been doing for kronos. 

ever since the hybrid monsters, simon had slowly climbed kronos’ ranks, much like a waiter became a manager over time. the boy had finally got what he had always wanted; a place in the army. but it wasn’t just any army, it was the best army that simon had ever known (next to england’s, that is). though tessa frowned on it, and a little sliver of him opposed joining, simon ignored them both. he finally felt strong, he finally felt like he was being challenged. and, to be quite honest, the only reason he was still in this godforsaken camp was because a) he was ordered to, as a spy, and b) the books were great. so, he decided to indulge in this girl, after all, he needed more secrets to please his commander. maybe this girl would be of some use to him after all.

his slight frown turned into a nice smooth smile, his grey eyes from stone to feathers, his english accent soft and accepting. “it’s my pleasure, love.” simon lowered his head again before meeting her eyes. “ah, he holds a special place in my heart, yes, but my soul belongs to emily dickinson.” at this point, the boy let out a small, amused chuckle. “well i should hope not! a growing my such as myself needs nutrition and a proper amount of sleep.” 
DULCE ET DECORUM EST
Back to top Go down
pinkgirl
Experienced Poster
pinkgirl

PostSubject: Re: use the sleeves of my sweater let's have an adventure [open]   use the sleeves of my sweater let's have an adventure [open] I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2015 5:39 pm

Sutton rarely talked to anyone about books. As soon as he started talking, she noticed he had an English accent. It was about time she finally met someone that wasn't from around here. "What part of England are you from?" She asked curiously. She remembered going to a few boarding schools in England before she got kicked out for her old rebellious attitude. "I'm from Italy." She added on. Memories of Italy and her home flooded her mind and she couldn't help but smile. It wa the happy type of memories with her younger brother that came to mind, not the nightmare type of memories of her father. Christmas was coming soon, and she remembered going to an ice skating rink with her brother. He could never quite learn it like she did, but it wasn't about learning it that mattered. It was about all the laughs together. Now, her brother was stuck with her father, and that was definitely something she wished she could change. Suddenly becoming angry, she returned to reading her book.

After a few minutes of quietly reading, she glanced up at the other demigod. Something seemed familiar about him like she has seen him before. It certainly wasn't around camp because she would've noticed him. It wasn't outside of camp because she rarely went out of camp since she had been taken. Not being able to wait any long she asked, "Haven't I seen you somewhere before?" The minute the words left her mouth, a group of Athena children looked over at her with a dirty look and shushed her loudly. Sutton's face immediately turned bright red, and she turned to Simon before whispering quietly, "Sorry." With that being said, she turned her attention back to her book.

ooc- just so you know a bit less than a year ago I rped with vina and Sutton got captured and her character helped her escape Kronos' Camp

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: use the sleeves of my sweater let's have an adventure [open]   use the sleeves of my sweater let's have an adventure [open] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

use the sleeves of my sweater let's have an adventure [open]
Page 1 of 1