Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

hearts on fire [private]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

hearts on fire [private] Empty
PostSubject: hearts on fire [private]   hearts on fire [private] I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 11:34 pm

hearts on fire [private] Tumblr_mre4uqfR2d1s8mjo0o7_r1_250hearts on fire [private] Tumblr_mre4uqfR2d1s8mjo0o5_250
june helen prenston,
June stumbled into her room, feeling utterly exhausted and drained. Her head was both spinning and fading in and out of consciousness. Reaching for her bed, she steadied herself and allowed a few minutes of restabilization. June didn't have much time. She'd been gone for nearly two months now, not making contact with anyone, cutting herself off completely in order to not go insane. Her life was more maddening than it had ever been, and even though for once she felt normal with her emotions, she couldn't shake her pure depression that was weighing her down. Running away hadn't cured her, so she came back, longing for contact from the only family she had left, the only one she knew to be there for her, despite his completely true reputation of being an asshole.

June had come back because she needed her brother, James. He was the only one left, he really was. Leaving him, when everyone else had left her, hurt. A lot. Standing up as tall as she could manage operating on 3 hours of sleep for the past two days, June began walking in the direction of her door. The night was already reminding her of the first zombie night. She had entered her room completely drained and was leaving it feeling hollow.

"James..?" she mumbled, her voice not really sounding her own. She was painfully aware of the fact that it was past midnight and almost everyone in her cabin was asleep, but as she crept into her brother's room, she didn't feel so tired anymore. It was familiar and warm. Deciding against waking up the boy, she stepped back out again and gathered her blankets in a pile like she had grown accustomed to. She had never been caught yet. No one even knew how uncomfortable she was in her own room. Returning to James' door, she plopped herself down in the space the thin hallway allowed and fell asleep the second her head hit the pillow she had laid out for herself.

The sound of shuffling woke her up not long after.
Back to top Go down
welshy
out of town girl
welshy

PostSubject: Re: hearts on fire [private]   hearts on fire [private] I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 4:02 pm

you wake up to the cold reality
James had never been the type of guy that really focused or fixated on his own injuries. Most of the time, he was the one that normally put himself into even more injury as he was the one that failed to fix it himself. But, as most would understand, he had been fixated on this one injury and he didn't ever think he would be able to think about anything else; his left arm, or lack of it. He would never be able to get it out of his mind.

And that's why, in the middle of the night, the sixteen year old was lying on her front in his warm bed, his head to the side yet staring out into the distance of his bedroom. He could just picture Faye carving at his arm over and over in his mind, and the feeling of cold, black darkness start to creep over him. He had almost died - no, worse than that; he had almost become undead. Cutting off his arm from the elbow down, where he had been bitten, had seemed like the first and only possible option for the son of Arse, trying to prevent the undead virus from passing through his veins and to more vital parts of his body such as his heart.

Hearing his name called from outside his bedroom, James almost believed he had heard it. The lifeless, angry young man wouldn't have moved unless he had heard sounds and scuffles from the other side of his door. He slowly turned onto his back, lifting his head slightly to look across the room. The hairs at the back of his neck stood up and he immediately thought the worst was happening again,silently peeling off the covers and tiptoeing out of his bed. In his only hand, he went to grab his sword from under his bed, yet had to put it down again to twist the knob on the door - that was something that would've really made him emotional if he wasn't so anxious. Pulling the door open with his foot, James pointed the tip of his blade down at the figure beneath the pile of sheets, a look of pure relief passing over his worn expression when he realised it was the one person he'd missed the most. "June?" He wondered aloud, poking the girl with his foot and towering above her, probably looking a lot like hell only wearing pajama bottoms and holding a sword.
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: hearts on fire [private]   hearts on fire [private] I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 1:03 am

hearts on fire [private] Tumblr_mqe6bsWtRu1qzg2sjo1_250hearts on fire [private] Tumblr_mqe6bsWtRu1qzg2sjo6_250
june helen prenston,
June, in her sleepy haze, smiled up at James without really thinking. There was a moment, right after you woke up, where you forget yourself and everything you are—everything you have become, anything you've lost, whatever has shaped you—and you are hardly even a person for a few seconds. You're a pure, clean slate. But then you remember, and everything gets bad again, only it's worse, because you remember the few seconds where you got to be someone who had never experienced pain and you crave it.

This happened to June as she smacked her dry lips in an attempt to wet them and she squinted to concentrate on her brother's face. "Who are—" Her words got caught in her throat as she gaped up at the boy, her smile falling and her back immediately straightening. She no longer looked like a dumb teenage girl. She looked like someone whose entire life was struggle; someone who had lived through hell. She looked dead again. "James," she stated coldly, running a hand through her hair slowly as she took the sight in. Standing up abruptly, June almost toppled over. Her mind was racing and her heart was thumping dangerously powerfully in her chest. "J-ames." June's voice cracked as she felt herself holding back tears. She wanted to smile, but it didn't seem like she would ever smile again. There was too much weight holding down her heart.

Without really thinking about it, June walked toward a step and embraced her brother tightly, breathing him in and making a few strangled gasping noises. "I ran away," she explained hurriedly, her voice quiet and full of shame and sadness. "I tried to run away from my mistakes." June's frown worsened and tears bubbled in her eyes as she let out the thoughts that had been poisoning her for days. "But they followed me. They were always... following me. The only thing I ended up running from was you. You and Faye, anyone else that cared. The list isn't very long. And everyone is here, at camp." As she pulled her head away from James's chest, it was clear she was crying. June cried a lot for someone so strong.

"You look lucky to be alive right now, James," June noted, her voice still sad and her sobs still hushed. "I don't even want to know." June was not joking. She did not want to know how her brother had lost his arm, or why he was so on end, or about what was driving him to look like the undead. She just wanted to feel safe again, and she wanted to feel loved again, and she needed James badly. "Life is hell and then you die and you go to hell." June pressed her hands to her face as she continued crying. This time though, she made sure there was space between her and her brother. June wasn't one for too much contact. She had always sort of assumed she would go to hell when she died, after all, she was a horrible person, but for the first time, June found herself struggling to cope with this fate. Her life was bad enough, did the torture have to carry over into the afterlife? She felt utterly hopeless. Maybe if she went to sleep she'd get to experience the waking-up-and-forgetting thing again. Or maybe she would be lucky enough to just never wake up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: hearts on fire [private]   hearts on fire [private] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

hearts on fire [private]
Page 1 of 1