Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

not the warmest welcome [private]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

not the warmest welcome [private] Empty
PostSubject: not the warmest welcome [private]   not the warmest welcome [private] I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 12:46 pm

robin hayes
If you stay forever, hey, We can stay forever young

Singing Radiohead at the top of our lungs With the boom box blaring as we're falling in love. I got a bottle of whatever, but it’s getting us drunk Singing here's to never growing up. This is who we are. I don't think we'll ever change. They say just grow up but they don't know us. When the sun's going down, we'll be raising our cups Singing here's to never growing up
What a sight. Robin's gaze swept across the wilting grass and leaves darkening into crimson before riding the wind, and for a second she hesitated and bit her lip. "Are you sure this is the right place? We didn't get lost somewhere, did we?" she asked the satyr beside her. Bruno seemed quite shocked himself, his hand rubbing the top of his head as he gaped at the scene before them. Not knowing what to make of this, Robin took a few steps further in as she hoisted her backpack up once more to readjust its position on her shoulder.

Bruno told her of a paradise, a safe haven for people like her to live. He told her how the sun waved merrily from above as it shone down on the beauty that was Camp Half Blood. How demigods would spar below (with real weapons - all in good fun he added), how younger kids would even play around in the grass as the old wise centaur called Chiron looked on. But right now, what Robin was seeing wasn't quite the place Bruno had described. Plant life was dying and the mere air seemed heavy enough to weigh her down as she stood there on top of the hill. Robin could see campers but they were not as happy as she expected. Each face was solemn, tear-streaked even... Robin choked. Was that a human body they were dragging across the ground?

"I really don't like the look of this place," Robin said softly as she took a step back. It just didn't feel welcome. The whole place smelled like death.

"Something happened," Bruno said, confusion upon his face. Robin bit the inside of her cheek to stop what should have been her retort ("I wouldn't have guessed, thanks for the insight.") but suddenly he started to... gallop (Robin was not quite used to seeing her friend without crutches and with hooves, for that matter) down the hill. "I'm gonna ask around! Hang on a bit!"

"Hey wait!"

Robin tightened her one-handed grip on her bag strap as she started to run after him. Her foot caught on something mushy and she stumbled, catching herself before she could start rolling down the hill. Robin gave a horrified squeak when she glanced down at the culprit, an actual rotting human corpse. A dead body. She tripped on a creepy dead body.

"I DIDN'T SIGN UP FOR THIS, BRUNO!" Robin screamed, but the satyr was already out of sight. White-faced, she skidded to a stop, not wanting to move lest she sees or worse, falls on another freaking corpse. She shut her eyes tightly and counted to ten under her breath. She might have looked weird and panicky from a distance but Robin didn't care. She needed to calm down.

"...three, four - no Robin, no morbid thoughts right now please - six - oh you idiot you forgot how to count - five, six, seven, eight - oh my God I cannot unsee that corpse - eight, nine... SOMEONE HELP ME I'M GOING CRAZY -"

Nope, Robin wasn't calming down at all.
raise your glass and say here's to never growing up

coded by sapphire

Last edited by Sapphire on Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://phoenixsapphire.deviantart.com
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: not the warmest welcome [private]   not the warmest welcome [private] I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 1:58 pm

not the warmest welcome [private] Tumblr_mg5pfeApxr1qf5do9o1_500

Cole Notte, Daughter of Nyx and Troubled Youth

Can't we go back, this is the moment
Tonight is the night, we’ll fight till it’s over
So we put our hands up like the ceiling can’t hold us....

'Cole are you even with us right now?'
I jumped at the deep voice that spoke, turning around to find Reid staring at me, his brown eyes shining in the almost dreary sunlight, his eyebrows furrowed. Any other occassion I would have joked around with him about how his eyebrows looked like two fluffy caterpillars, but the downwards turn of his mouth and the creases in his forehead made me think otherwise. This was neither the time nor place to say something like that. I wasn't stupid- I wasn't tactless.
It was bad enough that the whole reason we were even out and not moping around in our Cabins, trying to rid our minds of unwanted thoughts was because we were doing the job that needed to be done: We were finding the bodies.
Some of them had been undead... those that had risen and attacked us because they didn't know any better. Mindless soldiers doing what they were programmed to do. And some... they had been killed in the attacks. Fighting for their life and failing.
'I'm sorry Reid. Really. I was just thinking.'
Yeah... looking into the distance and thinking about what the hell I'm going to do with my life now. How cliche.
His face didn't relax, but it lost some of its worry. Some, not all. He thought I was thinking about what we were doing- thinking about the bodies we needed to gather and bury, and burn. A part of me almost wished that I was thinking of the bodies and the death and the destruction Camp had seen. But I wasn't and I felt bad about that seeing as though that was what everyone else was thinking about.
He turned away and continued walking, and the other two in the group moved too, walking slowly, somberly. Marshall, one of Reid's friends, and Tanya, Reid's girlfriend. I continued too... slower than the rest of them, walking at the back of the group. I only knew Reid.

We hadn't had anything to do... until Tanya spotted our groups first body. At first, she obviously didn't even realize what it was, cause she sped up until she stood over it, trying to get a better look. I knew she'd found a body because of the way her face paled and the way she took a step back, her blonde hair glinting in the sunlight as it got caught in just the right way.
'Guys!' her voice shook ever so slighty and I found myself admiring how she hadn't burst into broken tears like other girls I knew would have, 'One's here.'
Reid and Marshall jogged over to her and took a look, steeled themselves for what they needed to do now and that was bring the body to where it could be burned or buried, whatever they decided.
I thought I would be able to handle it- but I was most definitely wrong. The stench of death was in the air everywhere around Camp, but as I got closer it got stronger, making my stomach turn, making me feel like I was going to get sick right there and then. I got the tiniest look at dirt covered trousers and grey flesh before I suddenly began to feel dizzy.
The others, trying to prepare themselves for what they needed to do, didn't even look up as I turned on my heel, first walking and then running away from the body.
I had seen them at a distance. I had seen Zombies meandering around aimlessly at night during the weeks of the Apolcalypse... but I wasn't someone who was prepared to drag the body of a dead Camper off to where it needed to go.
I didn't know where I was running too, only that I wanted to get away on my own for a little while.

I was wearing a baggy black band t-shirt that was four sizes too big, just on the off chance that someone would notice it. The taboo subject which I refused to share with anyone. It was very unlikely, but you never knew what might happen. Someone with a well trained eye could guess.
My tracksuit pants were navy and comfortable, instead of what a pair of jeans would have been like. They made it easier for running, and getting away. I had on a pair of white sneakers, so there was not as much of a chance of my falling and breaking bones.
My hair, which had during the weeks of torture been knotted and less shiny than it had ever been, was clean and straight and pulled back in a messy ponytail that swung as I moved.

I managed to slow down near Half-Blood Hill, my heart racing and my breath coming in short. I didn't care about that though, as long as I was away from that. I didn't even bother to take a break, instead continuing up the hill at a slower pace, considering sitting down at Thalia's Pine and just... thinking.
Thinking. Some more. Like you've been doing for the last week and a half. Why not sing a new tune Cole?
"I DIDN'T SIGN UP FOR THIS, BRUNO!"
Oh wow. This is definitely new.
I was nearly at the top, so I sort of unconciously sped up to cover the rest of the distance, coming up the crest of the hill to the left of the shouter, now revealed as a girl with vivid red hair. She was small, but just the way she sounded made me think she wasn't a thirteen year old.
There were bodies on the side of the hill, close enough to where the girl was standing, and as much as I wanted to I wasn't going to walk away and leave her. The best I could do for myself was slow down a little and edge my way closer.
"...three, four - no Robin, no morbid thoughts right now please - six - oh you idiot you forgot how to count - five, six, seven, eight - oh my God I cannot unsee that corpse - eight, nine... SOMEONE HELP ME I'M GOING CRAZY -"
Again... any other time I would have laughed at the fact her panic had made it so she couldn't even count. But this wasn't a laughing time. I was close enough now, to reach out and tap her lightly on the shouler.
'Shhhh. All this noise you're making is going to wake the dead,' I tried some light humor and it felt foreign, wrong, 'Its okay, okay? You aren't the only one who's panicking.'

OOC: My Cole is back. Mostly.
Clothes: No Set.
Theme: Idk yet
RP Partner/s: Sapphire <333
Back to top Go down
http://tombraiders.tumblr.com
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: not the warmest welcome [private]   not the warmest welcome [private] I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 2:31 pm

robin hayes

Singing Radiohead at the top of our lungs With the boom box blaring as we're falling in love. I got a bottle of whatever, but it’s getting us drunk Singing here's to never growing up. This is who we are. I don't think we'll ever change. They say just grow up but they don't know us. When the sun's going down, we'll be raising our cups Singing here's to never growing up
The thing with Robin was that she had never seen dead people in person before. On TV? Loads of times. In video games? Even more. But real-life corpses with the smell of death and the eerie frozen expression on their faces as they snuffed it? Well, there was a first time for everything. As Robin pinched her nose and started counting again - mentally now - she tried to fill her minds with happy things like butterflies and rainbows and pizzas and her dad but she hadn't seen her dad in a while and no one had a clue what happened to him - what if he's dead -

Robin was positively hyperventilating now as she drew in ragged breaths. No, her dad wasn't dead. Her dad wasn't like any of these bodies. He was alive and breathing and she just had to find him. With those thoughts in her mind, Robin finally eased back to normal breathing. She was calm - or the closest she could get to being calm. But then someone tapped her shoulder and all her progress in the past few seconds flew out the window.

"OH MY GOD THEY'RE WAKING UP GO AWAY ZOMBIE I'M NOT EDIBLE -"

Robin had already jumped away even before she could completely whip around. Her shoes barely made contact with what thankfully was a flesh-free patch of grass when she realized that 1) the corpse she tripped on wasn't going to get revenge; and 2) it was an actual living and breathing girl. Not a zombie. The crazed look in Robin's eyes faded into relief. She had never been happier to see someone alive! Her shoulders relaxed and a sheepish grin spread across her still pale face.

"Panicking. Yeah. Okay. I'm good. I'm alive, you're alive, we're good. Not panicking." The words came out in a rush, Robin not even thinking them through anymore. Talking could somehow calm her down sometimes, even if she didn't make any sense. Robin used to talk to herself a lot back home when Al was too busy hunched over the screen and Annie continued to be a pain in the neck. It was a way to cope. Too bad it came with the price of sounding crazy when you're in company! Robin backtracked, her mouth opening and closing before she could finally let the words out. "I'm so sorry, I talk too much, it's just my body's way of telling me that I'm freaking out right now because dead bodies everywhere and they smell real bad -"

Robin cut herself off by biting down on her knuckle. She really had to pull herself together. Making a fool of herself in front of a person she'd just met - really not the way to introduce yourself. "I'm sorry. Really. I'm not usually like this I swear," she gave a nervous laugh as she rubbed the back of her hand against her jeans. She shifted uncomfortably on her feet, unnecessarily pulling on her bag strap so that the backpack rose up the back of her neck. "Is there an off-chance that you're just preparing for Halloween? Roughly two months early? I mean, I'm Robin. Robin Hayes. What's your zombie - I mean name? What's your name?"

Mere words can't express how much Robin wanted to die of shame right now.

coded by sapphire

Last edited by Sapphire on Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: not the warmest welcome [private]   not the warmest welcome [private] I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 3:08 pm

In the first few days of the Zombie Apolcalypse, I'd freaked out a hell of a lot. I'd panicked and came close to fainting and every single night I felt like I was about to get sick from the stress. But after the first couple days I'd realized it wouldn't do all that much good and I'd managed to keep all of her negative thoughts about death and Zombies inside her head, not out. I did worry about my friends and stuff, but I had managed to not show it as much.
But over the course of the ZA, I had seen others panic so many times it had become a routine. Some had cracked under the pressure in the first few days, and ended up fainting or rocking or whatever. Others had took longer to break, and for a while I, and they, had thought they were fine. They were the ones that ended up worse. Not everyone had cracked or broken or anything, but some had.
I was pretty much used to it.

Her panic made me step a couple steps back, and I held up my hands in an innocent, "I Surrender" sort of gesture. I meant it to be calming, showing that I wasn't some evil monster who was coming to eat her brains, but I wasn't sure if it came out like that seeing as though I was out of practice with the whole innocent thing.
'Hey! Not a Zombie, okay?'
She had already bounced away, but almost immediately after she had turned around to face me her crazed look had faded into one of relief. Evidentally she was very perceptive. Or she had used her brain to work out I wasn't grey skinned and dead.
I wasn't sure if she was just a naturally pale person, or if she was still panicked, but the sight of her pale face made me worry a little more than someone else would. It was the same sort of worry I would feel if Mary was pale and had just been frightened out of her wits. And that was considering I knew Mary well enough, and I barely knew this girl.

'That's right. Both breathing and moving with non-staggery movements. We aren't craving brains and flesh and all,' I smiled at her, trying to supress a smile at her rushed words.
If it had been anyone else I would most definitely have commented on how she looked like a fish opening and closing her mouth like that. But I barely knew this girl and she was panicked and it was not a very nice thing to say to someone who was like that. I needed to be nice- call it good practice in an art which I had forgotten over the last few weeks.
'Its all good. Everyones on edge and stuff right now, so you aren't an oddity. Plus, you're definitely right on the whole dead bodies smelling bad. They really do. I think its a factor in the whole being on edge thing, if I'm being honest.'

This was seriously humoring Cole, especially when the girl bit down hard on her knuckle to stop herself from talking. A bubble of laughter made its way out of my mouth but no sooner had it made it I had pursed my lips to stop anymore.
Her nervous laugh pulled at my heartstrings and I stepped closer again, closing the awkward distance again after the whole jumping away from her thing.
For the first time I noticed her backpack, and I realized she was probably brand new.
Crap. We must look like monsters, with dead bodies litered around Camp and on the hill. And a load of the kids look battle scarred right now. And more of them are broken. What a great first impression for her...
'Unfortunatly, we aren't preparing for Halloween. Well... um... a lots gone down in the last couple weeks. Left a lot of us frightened and on edge. Not gonna lie about it or anything but well, I won't scare you anymore with gory details...'
...Unless you really want them, I said silently in my head, kicking myself as soon as I had thought it.
'Nice to meet you Robin. I'm Cole Notte. It must be pretty awesome for you, since your name allows for nicknames. Mine doesn't really give any opening for nicknames... unless you want to call me "Coal Dust" or something.'
I smiled slightly, using more of the humor I had forgotten I could even form.

Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: not the warmest welcome [private]   not the warmest welcome [private] I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 7:16 am

robin hayes

Robin was finding it easier to maintain the grin that now played on her lips. Sure, there were dead bodies around, but at least the girl was being reassuring. Maybe it was why it took Robin faster to regain her composure as compared to when Bruno so tactlessly left her alone in the company of rotting corpses. It was probably for the best that the girl arrived when she did. Robin had been feeling so faint that she might have passed out then and there after all the internal screaming. Not to mention that she might have collapsed on top of the body she tripped on. A cherry on top of a fantastic day it would have been.

Even so, Robin couldn't shake off the sinking feeling in her chest as she listened to the girl explain. She took in details she hadn't noticed while she freaked out, like how the girl displayed the same sense of fatigue she glimpsed from the two campers she had seen carrying a body earlier. The creases on their foreheads, the crestfallen look in their eyes, the forced smiles... They were only teens and yet they looked as though they aged a hundred years, shouldering burdens Robin couldn't even bear to think about. From the overlarge shirt that looked hung off the girl's frame, Robin even started to wonder if everything that happened made her forget to change after rolling out of bed.

Robin nodded along in silence (a small miracle for Robin Hayes), just drinking in the words. It just wasn't sinking in, all this. Everything Bruno told her about camp, about how nice things were, just sounded more like a marketing ploy just to get her to follow him. Her dad once worked on a case like that - a company putting false claims on their ads to lure in the unsuspecting customers - and the thought of it made her heart feel heavier. But Bruno couldn't have lied to her, he had been as shocked as she was, if not more...

The girl stepped closer then and Robin had to look up to meet her eyes. She still couldn't stop shifting her weight nervously and her smile faltered a little. "Oh, um, yeah I'll appreciate not knowing the details. Better not test how long the bagels could stay down." Robin patted her stomach, hoping against all odds that her breakfast wouldn't make a reappearance. She wasn't convinced with her own attempt at a light humor though, although it may have been because of how a little part of her still wanted to die in shame.

"Nicknames, ha. I've got loads. Rob, Robbie, Redhead... I also answer to Robin Hood if you want to call me that. But I like your name, Cole. It's simple. But do people actually call you Coal Dust? Sounds like a code name. Nice to meet you, Special Agent Coal Dust!" Her hand snapped to her head in a salute, quickly making a little wave in the end before she let it fall back down to her side. A salute-wave, she'd call it.

She steeled herself for another glance at her surroundings, concentrating on the distance instead of the ground. She could see moving figures in the distance, but she didn't have to be closer to know that they all wore the same hurting expression. "I picked a bad time to show up, sorry," Robin said regretfully, kicking at the dirt as though trying to clean the shoe that had stumbled on the corpse. "I... I can't imagine what you guys went through. I mean, I don't need to be here to know how bad it was. Well," she smiled as she looked back up at Cole, "at least it's over now, right?"

coded by sapphire

Last edited by Sapphire on Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: not the warmest welcome [private]   not the warmest welcome [private] I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 8:47 am

There was me planning on coming nowhere near the Hill today. Imagine if I hadn't ran up here.
I was more than a little worried about the girl. She'd just arrived and almost immediately she had seen dead bodies. It was very possible that she was one of those lucky people who had never seen a dead body before, nevermind dead bodies which had taut grey skin and looked the way the ones lying on the Hill did. If she hadn't seen a dead body before, then she had every reason to be freaked. It was different for us, all the rest of the Camp Half-Blood Campers, because we had had weeks of this sight, and of a sight worse still- dead bodies walking with only the thought to kill in their minds. It wasn't like we were used to it, but we didn't have the same right to be freaked as she did.
But, under the circumstances, she did seem to be bearing up pretty well. Regaining her composure like she was.

This whole explaining malarky was sorta hard, which was what I was beginning to realize. How did anyone explain what had happened to someone who was brand new to Camp and probably didn't understand that this was all a lot more possible than it was in the Mortal World?
If it had been a Camper returning to Camp after visiting Family, who had maybe forgot to check in and was now standing wondering what the hell had happened, it would have been so easier. "Hey [Insert Name]. Welcome back to Camp. We sorta had an incident with Zombies and stuff. There were safe houses and everything! Sorry you missed all the fun, but that'll teach you not to check in with us now, won't it?". Maybe not in those words, but there wouldn't be too much information required.
But with new Campers it was different, and on one hand, I felt like she needed to know that this was possible and it had happened, but on the other hand I was less inclined to freak her out because for Zeus' sake, she was new. She shouldn't have to arrive in a new place with new people and new beliefs and be expected to accept the fact we'd just had a Zombie Apolcalypse like what you might see in that extra game on the Call of Duty Black Ops disc.

Evidentally this was not going down very well with her, since she was shifting awkwardly and even as I watched her smile seemed to fall that little bit more.
This must suck for her. Some people have gnomes in their gardens, we have dead bodies.
'Saying anymore would definitely be too much information, got it. I would definitely not like to be responsible for you losing your breakfast.'

In spite of myself, and what was happening in Camp right now, Robin's next remark made me laugh. Properly laugh, a short burst that I was hard done by to stop so that I could say anything.
'Well, not a lot of people have called me Coal Dust before, but I think that's about to change now that its "Special Agent Coal Dust". Has a ring to it. Kinda like Robin Hood. You could be Special Agent Robin Hood!'

I followed her gaze down towards Camp, even though the image that was in front of me had been a common sight for the last while. I didn't know what she was looking at for sure, but it wouldn't be hard to spot the destruction that had happened, or the lumps on the ground which were more bodies, or other Campers moving around down below, all with the same sort of air about them now. We'd all shared a similar experience, and it had changed most of us.
'You don't need to be sorry for coming,' I smiled, trying to be as reassuring as possible, 'This is Camp Half-Blood. We don't care when you turn up.'
Thank the Gods I don't have to lie. Because if it wasn't over, if this was going to happen again tonight, then I would sure as hell have lied to her, just to keep that smile in place. No one should have to go through this.
'Its over. Done, finished, the end of the show. Now we just need to clean up the mess.'

Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: not the warmest welcome [private]   not the warmest welcome [private] I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 10:23 am

robin hayes

Even if Robin didn't ask for any more details, she still found herself wondering about this camp. What could have happened? There had been a fight - obviously - but why? There was also something eerie about the bodies scattered around. The flesh hanging off the bones looked gray, as if it had been decaying for some time now. Robin had watched Thriller - it used to send her running to her dad back in her childhood days - and the resemblance between the bodies and the dancers in Michael Jackson's video was uncanny. Could it be that..? No, that can't be it. Zombies most definitely crossed her mind before but it was mostly because she was scared half to death and thought the corpse she tripped on would get mad and bite her in revenge. Just a far-fetched thought, nothing more. Besides, zombies were just a work of fiction. No way they could actually be real. But still, Robin was not exactly excited to be in some place where a lot of people were massacred at once...

Cole's laugh did lift her spirits though. Robin stood straighter, assuming a mask of cool indifference while raising her hand for another salute. "Special Agent Robin Hood, reporting for duty, Ma'am!"

She relaxed after a few seconds, a short burst of laughter slipping through her lips. "Special Agent Robin Hood, huh? Definitely adding to my list of nicknames." She beamed. "Ten minutes in and I already found myself an awesome partner. Isn't that right, Special Agent Coal Dust?"

Robin turned back to Cole only to catch her following her gaze into the landscape before them. She grimaced a little at the look of deep thought on the other girl's face. Could she be reliving whatever it was that happened? Even though Cole tried to be as reassuring as possible, Robin couldn't find it in herself to be reassured. She came at a bad time. And she was genuinely sorry, not only for Cole and the others but also for herself. She felt a little ashamed thinking that, but wasn't she justified? Who would want to walk in what you expected to be some kind of paradise only to see some scary graveyard? The thought sent chills down Robin's spine and she gripped and pulled on both straps of her backpack to keep her hands from trembling.

"Oh, I guess that'd explain the guys I saw earlier," Robin mumbled, giving a slight wince as she remembered the body being dragged across the ground. "Cleaning up doesn't sound so fun. I, for one, can't even bring myself to keep my room tidy - I mean what's the point, it'll just end up the same way again with all the clutter - sorry, getting off-topic. But I guess there's not much choice this time. Not a good idea to leave Mr. Breathless lying here, right?"

Robin bit her lip. Wasn't this a camp? With tasks and chores and everything? Robin had never gone on camping trips before but Analyn was a girl scout and Robin could never forget how she flaunted her badges every time she got home from a girl scout thing. It also reminded her of that chubby kid Russell with his metal rainbow of badges. Wilderness Explorer, Helping the Elderly... perhaps this Camp Half Blood worked the same way? Completing tasks to get shiny things with no other use than for show. Now that she was here, maybe she ought to be working for a 'Clean Up the Dead' badge. Nice first task... really... No, stop thinking like that. I'm a Special Agent. This can be my first mission!

"Um, I can lend an extra hand with the cleaning, if you want? I mean, I don't want to stand here while you guys patch things up. Anything I can do to help?"

...or maybe (hopefully) Cole declines my help and I can find other less gruesome first missions. That sounds like a good plan. Damn it, mouth, why do you have to talk before I finish thinking?

coded by sapphire
Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: not the warmest welcome [private]   not the warmest welcome [private] I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 8:39 pm

Robin continuing with the Special Agent thing was both the cutest and the most funniest things I had ever seen. I couldn't help laughing again, a little louder, a little brighter, maybe a little happier. It felt good to laugh again. So many things had happened all at once and it had all caught up on me, and others, and left us all with an inability to laugh. Even now, after everything, it was hard to even smile with another Camper who had been in the ZA. But Robin was new, she had no idea what had happened, and it didn't feel like I was doing something wrong by laughing again. I had missed it, and isn't laughter supposed to be good for the soul? Surely moping around unplanned things and Zombie Apolcalypses was not what we were supposed to be doing now that everything was over. Surely we were supposed to be living in the now, especially since we now knew how short life could be. We all knew how sudden things could happen now, and we should all be living our lives rather than being depressed about things we can't help.
And... well, even if I had been able to not laugh at her enthusiasim about the Special Agent thing, her keeping a calm indifference and saluting again was enough to send me into fits of giggles.

After a couple moments of good, happy laughter, I was able to calm myself down. Naturally this time, not a forced stop to anything. It just slowly stopped, leaving me feeling that little bit better.
'Its definitely a unique nickname,' I smiled, and continued without even needing to think about it, 'Special Agent's Robin Hood and Coal Dust, the most amazing duo of Agents ever.'

It took me a little longer than it probably should to tear my eyes away from the view of Camp and the slowly moving figures down below. I had been studying them, trying to work out who was who, who was doing what, that sort of thing. Reid and Marshall and Tanya had more than likely noticed my absence by now. It wasn't like they were so immersed in trying to work out who the dead body was that they hadn't noticed the fact Cole who had volunteered willingly to help had suddenly disappeared. What a mistake that had been, volunteering. I didn't have the stomach right now for clearing up dead bodies, especially not when people were talking about them like they weren't people, like they hadn't had a soul living in them with real life problems like dances and dates and enemies and parents. Cause every one of the bodies had, at some point, been alive and breathing and living and doing what we were doing and people talking about them like they were just another object which needed to be thrown out after a massive party.... it didn't go down too well with me.

Obviously I knew Robin wasn't blind, but it surprised me slightly that she had noticed some of the Campers dragging a body. Poor her. Just arriving in a new place with new rules and new beliefs and having to 1) see a body being dragged, and 2) trip over a body. Actually, the latter was probably worse than the former, but it was still bad.
'Yeah its... not that great. That's how I ended up here when I did, ha. But we can't just leave them where they are... somehow or another that seems a lot worse than burning them under shrouds.'
I glanced down at the body, not studying it in case I saw features I realized, and gulped a little, but nodded along to what Robin was saying.
Has to be done, doesn't it...

Up until the beginning of the ZA though, I had never seen a dead body. If someone I knew died, like one of the people in the Orphanage or whatever, I always chose against seeing them, because I wanted to remember them breathing and moving rather than well not breathing or moving. Then with the ZA I had been forced to see them because we needed to fight them, and now I needed to practice what I preached and start cleaning up the mess. Hell, if I think of it as that, as a mess that needs to be cleaned, then maybe it'll be easier to just drag some bodies to the shroud for burning.
I can be like the others, indifferent and stuff. Sure, there are those few who can't handle it, but I can do this. I'm strong, I can do it.
Maybe if I said it enough in my head then maybe it would be true.

One part of me was very much wanting to say yeah, please help Robin, we'll get it done quicker with two, while the other part of me was very much anti-robin-enslaving. Instead of choosing though, I looked back at her and shrugged, trying to be as casual as possible.
'Um... you don't need to do anything which you don't want to. If you think you can, then sure, but I- we wouldn't expect it of you Robin...'
I wasn't sure if I would even be able to stomach it, and without thinking about it, I put a hand over my stomach, like someone would if they were feeling sick. Touching dead grey skin would not do that much good to my already fragile stomach lining.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: not the warmest welcome [private]   not the warmest welcome [private] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

not the warmest welcome [private]
Page 1 of 1