Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

same old tired lonely place [ml]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
moon
Elite Writer
moon

same old tired lonely place [ml] Empty
PostSubject: same old tired lonely place [ml]   same old tired lonely place [ml] I_icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 9:54 am

violet molly carlyle

Violet gingerly brushed a blonde curl out of her eyes, placing it behind her ear quickly. She knew the beach was always jam-packed with teenagers trying to stake out a spot to tan, swim, or surf. The demigod didn't really care for the large amount of people, but it gave her good background noise for reading. Her braid blowing in the spring breeze behind her, Vi continued to make her way down to the sandy shores.

Her assumptions prove correct, as she scanned the area, already filling up with teenagers. The girl picked a shady spot, away from most of the hustle and bustle of the excitement and sat herself down. A light blue book was going to be enough entertainment for her, even if this was her second time reading the series.

Leaning against the small tree that provided most of her comfort, she allowed herself to be taken in by the written word, and slowly begun to shut out the beach. Violet couldn't been doing this in her cabin, but it always seemed so depressing and lonely in there.

She was jerked from her state of mind when she felt sand being kicked up in her face, as she sent a glare over at the cabin seven jocks, apparently deciding to own the beach today. Vi stood and brushed herself off before standing, this time, and trying to find her page once more. The sand in her hair reminded the girl that not everything at the beach was a positive thing.

outfit
layout and graphics (c) sapphire
Back to top Go down
firelord zuko
mountain dew me
firelord zuko

PostSubject: Re: same old tired lonely place [ml]   same old tired lonely place [ml] I_icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 1:17 pm

same old tired lonely place [ml] Tumblr_mgqpd8NdYX1s1bywno2_500
Dashiell Xavier Parker
Son of Apollo
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dash walks down the gentle slope, leading to the beach. He's dressed for a day at the beach, as that's what he's planning on doing. He's wearing a pair of pastel green swimtrunks, an old Batman teeshirt, some flip-flops, and a pair of ray-ban sunglasses. Over his shoulder is a tie-dyed beach towel.

Dash reaches the beach and smiles as he feels the sun on his body and the feel of the sand on his feet. He walks across the beach, towards his favorite spot. Right in the center of the beach. He grins and spreads out his towel, before laying down on it. Pulling off his tee shirt, he folds it and sets it on the edge of his towel.

Smirking Dash lays back on his towel. Folding his arms behind his head he lays there. What a perfect day to work on his tan. After a while, Dash slowly starts to drift off. He wakes up when he feels sand being kicked on him. He sits up, and wipes the sand off of himself. Looking around for the person, he glares when he finds them. "Watch it"he says to them.

Dash then continues to look around the beach. That's when he notices the girl. She's beautiful, that's the first thought that comes to her mind. He can't help but watch her, as she sits in the shade, reading. Reading, not a normal beach activity, but oh well. He can't help but wonder if he knows her. He's pretty sure he doesn't. He'd remember someone that pretty.

Grinning, Dash stands up. He shoves his hands in the pockets of his swim trunks. He then walks towards the girl. When he reaches her, he stops a few feet away from her. Still grinning, Dash opens his mouth to speak. "Hey beautiful. I'm Dash. What's your name?"he asks her. Dash then tilts his head to the side, and watches her.

outfit

Last edited by ML on Sun May 12, 2013 3:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: same old tired lonely place [ml]   same old tired lonely place [ml] I_icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 2:32 pm

violet molly carlyle

Violet was still feeling sand in her hair after the immature kids had left to bother other people, but she knew it wasn't anything a shower couldn't fix. Change what you can't accept, and Accept what you can't change, after all. Crossing her legs to allow for a more comfortable position, Vi let herself fall into the world of the Hunger Games, or at least the third book.

The afternoon sun was still high in the sky, but it didn't bother the Nyx child as she rested in the shade of her small tree, sheltered from light and most people at the beach. She let her legs give out after a while, so she could sit again, and rest her stiff legs. Her toes were meeting the sunlight, which allowed the small rays to fill her up with a small amount of warmth for the time being.

What seemed to be a whisper, or maybe it was the wind, Violet couldn't be sure, caused her to look up from her reading. A boy, around her age, was looking at her from a few feet away. The sight of someone looking her way caused her to drop her book as she looked around, flustered. Beautiful? The demigod hadn't ever been called that, but she didn't think the words were intended for her. Glancing around the beach, seeing no one behind her, Vi nervously turned to face him.

She had seen him around before, and didn't know his name, but she did know that he was a jerk, one of the biggest ones at camp at that. "Excuse me?" she asked softly. Picking up her book from the sand, shaking the dirt from it, her dark eyes surveyed the boy cautiously. "Were you talking to me?" Violet asked, doubtful.
outfit
Back to top Go down
firelord zuko
mountain dew me
firelord zuko

PostSubject: Re: same old tired lonely place [ml]   same old tired lonely place [ml] I_icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 3:44 pm

Dashiell Xavier Parker
Son of Apollo
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dash chuckles and looks down at the girl. So cute, she's not used to people like him talking to people like her. He can see why, she's not exactly popular. He's seriously starting to question why, he decided to talk to her in the first place. It can't just be because of her beauty. Can it? If it is, well thats a stupid reason.

Dash grins as he takes his sunglasses off. He then places them on top of his head, careful to not mess up his hair. He looks down at the girl, once more still grinning. "Of course I'm talking to you"he says, not meaning to sound rude, but it comes out like that anyways. He always sounds rude. "Do you see anyone else around?"he asks her.

Dash then walks closer to the girl. Slowly he sits down next to her. He turns so he's facing her. He opens his mouth and begins to talk. He reaches out and gently closes her book, making sure that the book mark is in it before he closes it. "Why don't you put that down, and talk to me?"he says to her. It's not really a question though, seeing as he closed it himself.

He then looks over at her once more. Seriously she is beautiful. Her blond hair is perfectly curled. And her eyes are just as beautiful. "Now let's try this again"he says softly. "I'm Dash. And you are?"he says to her. He is really curious to find out her name.

Last edited by ML on Sun May 12, 2013 4:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: same old tired lonely place [ml]   same old tired lonely place [ml] I_icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 4:03 pm

violet molly carlyle

Violet didn't laugh along with him, obviously confused more than he was. She felt awkward, more so than usual at that. People, especially popular people, like she knew this boy was, couldn't possibly be interested in her. The demigod was pretty sure it was against the laws of something logical.

Fiddling with the end of her braid as he went on, she couldn't help but resist a frown. Violet recognized the tone of his voice, and she didn't like it. Sighing at him, she threw a look over her shoulder, as if she hadn't already checked for an Aphrodite girl for him to be talking to. "I suppose not," Vi responded softly.

She immediately shifts away from him as he sits by her, like he was a plague and she wasn't in the mood to get infected. No matter how good-looking he was, Violet knew his type. She tried to hide the frown on her face as he shut her book without much warning, as it slid off her lap into the sand. "Right now, I'd take the book over you," the demigod thought, annoyed by his actions. What gave him the right to step into her time and interrupt it?

Violet felt self-conscious as he briefly looked over her, but it gave her an opportunity to look at him more. Curly hair, dazzling blue eyes, a typical heart breaker really. Dash, what kind of name was that? "Charmed, I'm sure," Violet muttered with a fake smile, standing up. Reaching for her book, she feld the scene, going to go find another spot to read. A few yards away was another shady spot, more hidden by bushes and trees, which she felt more comfortable in. The girl threw a look over to the boy, Dash, hoping he wouldn't follow. Sitting cross-legged, Violet resumed her reading.

outfit
Back to top Go down
firelord zuko
mountain dew me
firelord zuko

PostSubject: Re: same old tired lonely place [ml]   same old tired lonely place [ml] I_icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 4:15 pm

Dashiell Xavier Parker
Son of Apollo

Dash blinks and watches the girl. He could tell, she felt uncomfortable around him. He wasn't meaning for her to feel uncomfortable. He just wants to talk. Obviously that's not going to be easy. He notices that she still won't tell him her name. Sighing he watches as she gets up and runs away from him.

Groaning, Dash lays back on the sand. He stares up at the sky, and starts to think. Most of the time girls love getting attention from him. He's never had a girl run away from him. Biting his lip he lays there, still thinking. Is he too attractive? It could be the reason, it's true though. His golden skin, blond hair, and blue eyes.

He sits up and turns so he's facing the girl. "Oh come on!"he calls out to her. "I'm not going to hurt you! I just want to talk!"Dash says to her. He then wraps his arms around his knees, and waits for her to reply. If she doesn't say anything in the next five minutes, he's going over there. He will get her to talk to him. He will not be ignored.

Last edited by ML on Sun May 12, 2013 4:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: same old tired lonely place [ml]   same old tired lonely place [ml] I_icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 4:27 pm

violet molly carlyle

Reclining back against the new tree she had found, glad she had lengthened the distance between the boy. Sure she was flattered at first, but she knew that he couldn't possibly give a care on what she thought about him; he only would ever care about himself. It was upsetting and typical for most of the guys around camp.

Violet couldn't even focus on her book, knowing he was still where she had left him, in the sand and alone to his thoughts. She didn't really mind, and she was sure that he would get over it soon enough too. The demigod was practically waiting for cabin ten to come down for their afternoon swim, then she would hear that 'hey beautiful' from the same boy, but not directed at her this time.

Vi jumped at the sound of Dash's voice, yet again, as she frowned and rolled her eyes. She relaxed her legs and crossed her ankles, trying to get more comfortable. The daughter of Nyx wasn't just going to let him talk to her like that, it seemed this was the first time he had ever been ignored, or left standing there. The girl guessed he had left others plenty; whether it was girlfriends or normal friends.
outfit
Back to top Go down
firelord zuko
mountain dew me
firelord zuko

PostSubject: Re: same old tired lonely place [ml]   same old tired lonely place [ml] I_icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 4:59 pm

Dashiell Xavier Parker
Son of Apollo

Dash bites his lip and pulls his legs closer to his chest. He just feels so confused. Why is she ignoring him? This has never happened to him, and he doesn't know how to respond. Sighing he stands up, and stretches out his arms and legs. Slowly he walks over to the girl, once again. He sits down next to her.

"Please talk to me?"Dash asks the girl. "I'm not making fun of you. This isn't some bet, I just want to talk" he says to her. He bites his lip and looks at her. He then blinks, and continues to stare at her. He raises an eyebrow and waits for her to say something.

This time she's not going to get away. She will talk to him. Dash will make sure of that. He's tired of looking stupid for her running away from him. And no, he will not just give up and walk away. She will talk to him. She will. He will not stop until she does. It might sound crazy, but at this point Dash doesn't care. He's starting to get mad.

Last edited by ML on Sun May 12, 2013 6:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: same old tired lonely place [ml]   same old tired lonely place [ml] I_icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 6:12 pm

violet molly carlyle

Violet listened to the soft silence from Dash, hoping her cold shoulder method had cleared him of the thought of her. She was perfectly content with being left alone for the rest of the day, or so she thought. The sound of nearing footsteps proved that she hadn't shaken the persistent boy yet. Her blue eyes gave him a passive glance as he sat down next to her, for the second time today.

A small grin spread over her face as the boy tried to practically beg her to talk to him, as Violet shut her book. "Since you said please," she replied softly. Really, she just was getting tired of his almost whiny tone. Violet brushed a curl out of her eyes before she glanced over at Dash. "I'm Violet," she said softly, her fingers curling around the edge of her book.

Glancing at him, she could guess how so many girls had fallen for Dash. He had almost perfectly curled golden hair, like the sun. His eyes were something different too, almost a definition of sky blue. Muscles too, which Vi couldn't help but notice, due to the fact that he wasn't wearing a shirt .

outfit
Back to top Go down
firelord zuko
mountain dew me
firelord zuko

PostSubject: Re: same old tired lonely place [ml]   same old tired lonely place [ml] I_icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 6:34 pm

Dashiell Xavier Parker
Son of Apollo

Dash smirks and looks at Violet. Such a lovely name, Violet. Like the flower and the color. It's a wonderful color, so pretty. Just like her. Wait, did he just call a girly color pretty? Ugh he sounds just like a girl. What is this? This is really not good at all. He bites his lip and watches her.

"Violet"he says softly. He likes the way it sounds, too. It sounds nice. "Such a lovely name. Mind if I call you Vi?"he asks her. Dash then looks over at her and smiles, this time wider. "See talking to me wasn't bad at all"he says to her. "Who's your parent? Mine's Apollo"he says to her.

Dash grins and looks around the beach. Theres a lot of people here, yet he doesn't see any of his friends. He did however notice a ton of bikini clad girls. They were of course all very hot, but not beautiful like Violet. He turns towards the girl and rests his head on his knees, watching her. He should really go get his stuff, before someone steals it.

Last edited by ML on Mon May 13, 2013 1:19 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: same old tired lonely place [ml]   same old tired lonely place [ml] I_icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 6:54 pm

violet molly carlyle

Violet waited for a reply, not sure how he was registering her name. The girl thought it fit her better when she was younger, but changing it was basically out of the question, due to the fact that it was one of her only ties to her father. Fiddling with the binding as she waited for a reply, she cast her gaze to the edge of the water as it lapped the shoreline.

She turned her attention back to him at the sound of her name, as if to say 'congratulations, you can pronounce Violet', or something. "Um, sure?" the girl replied stiffly. She couldn't help but feel unnerved by his ever-widening grin as they continued to exchange in small talk. "That's what you think," Violet thought in response to his question, deciding he wouldn't be too pleased with her if she gave that answer.

Apollo, figures. That fit right up with his big ego and the fact that he seemed to think he could get anyone to like him. "Nyx," she replied softly, giving his a quizzical glance. Vi wasn't sure if she was meant to be a daughter of night, but that's how it ended up. She didn't think it fit her, but oh well, she wasn't the one to choose.

Her eyes cast out to the shoreline again as she saw where the boy had came from, seeing a group of young Hermes kids wandering around, with mischievous grins planted on their faces. "Is that your stuff?" Violet asked, nodding over at the towel and batman shirt the boys were using as capes.

outfit
Back to top Go down
firelord zuko
mountain dew me
firelord zuko

PostSubject: Re: same old tired lonely place [ml]   same old tired lonely place [ml] I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 1:28 pm

Dashiell Xavier Parker
Son of Apollo

Dash sits there, watching her. A small smile is still on his face. It looks like she might be warming up to him. But then again, he could be wrong. But let's not think about that. Violet is finally talking to him, that is all that matters right now. He is so excited that she decided to talk. He was worried that she was not going to talk to him at all. Now that would have been embarrassing.

"Nyx. She is a pretty cool parent"he says softly. It is true, Nyx would be a cool mother. Hm that's funny. Dash's and Violet's parents are almost exact opposites. Apollo is the god of light and sun and a bunch of other stuff. Then there is Nyx, goddess of the darkness. It can not get more opposite of that. "You know whats weird?"he says to her. "Our parents are exact opposites"he says softly.

Dash then turns his head to follow her gaze. He spots the Hermes boys messing with his stuff. He jumps up and runs towards them. "DROP IT" he yells at them. Dash then watches as they drop his stuff. He quickly picks it up and shoves it under his arm. Shaking his head, he turns around and walks back to Violet.

Sitting down, he looks over at Violet. Shaking his head, he cracks a small smile. "Crazy Hermes kids"he says softly. Dash then pulls his tee shirt out of the pile. He pulls it over his head and straightens it out. "I am just glad that they gave it back"he says softly.
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: same old tired lonely place [ml]   same old tired lonely place [ml] I_icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2013 6:37 pm

violet molly carlyle

Violet felt self-consciousness float over her, as goosebumps rose on her arms. She hadn't ever felt watched by someone as much as she had now, and knew it wasn't meant to bother most people. Even though the demigod wasn't like most people, it still made her skin crawl, like dozens of ants were trailing along her body.

Simply shrugging at the boy's reply, Vi let her mind wander. The scene would've been nicer if it wasn't clouded with a dozen teenagers chasing each other around. Mentally removing them and the noise from her sight, she smiled softly. Just the calm lapping water, a descending sun, and her imagination. The demigod blinked out of her fantasy after she heard him continue. "Er, yeah," Violet muttered softly.

His reaction was almost expected by Violet, as he stormed over and immediately demanded his thing back. Simply pulling her legs towards her, she cracked her book open once more. The demigod figured the small kids wouldn't give up their new toys without a fight, which left her a gap to fall into another one of her book scenes.

She jumped at the sound of Dash's voice once more. Violet instantly snapped her book shut once more, casting it aside to its original position. "Yeah, that's good," she muttered softly, brushing a curl behind her ear quickly, trying to seem like she was doing something.
outfit
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: same old tired lonely place [ml]   same old tired lonely place [ml] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

same old tired lonely place [ml]
Page 1 of 1